Reports in column format

My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between
columns.
There is a box around the set of controls.  I have the palette
narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working
space to the right of my controls.  The result is a calendar-like
presentation.  The problem arises when I want to center text in the
headers and footers.  If I simply place my header text in the header
section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the
page.  In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and
then center the text manually.  If I do this, then the spacing between
columns in the detail section increases - even though the column
spacing is set to zero.  I think that the solution is finding a way to
keep the columns together.
0
stan

stan@firstport.com wrote:

>My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between
>columns.
>There is a box around the set of controls.  I have the palette
>narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working
>space to the right of my controls.  The result is a calendar-like
>presentation.  The problem arises when I want to center text in the
>headers and footers.  If I simply place my header text in the header
>section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the
>page.  In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and
>then center the text manually.  If I do this, then the spacing between
>columns in the detail section increases - even though the column
>spacing is set to zero.  I think that the solution is finding a way to
>keep the columns together.

To get the report/page header/footer sections to span the
entire width of the reportm you need to make the report
width the paper width less margins. then you can either
manually center a text box in the header/footer sections or
use a text box that is as wide as the report.  In either
case, you can then use the text box's alignment property to
center the text in the text box.

The thing you are probably missing in all this is to use the
Page Setup - Columns option to uncheck the Same As Detail
option and manually set the Column Width.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
On Feb 4, 10:52=A0am, Marshall Barton <marshbar...@wowway.com> wrote:
> s...@firstport.com wrote:
> >My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between
> >columns.
> >There is a box around the set of controls. =A0I have the palette
> >narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working
> >space to the right of my controls. =A0The result is a calendar-like
> >presentation. =A0The problem arises when I want to center text in the
> >headers and footers. =A0If I simply place my header text in the header
> >section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the
> >page. =A0In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and
> >then center the text manually. =A0If I do this, then the spacing between
> >columns in the detail section increases - even though the column
> >spacing is set to zero. =A0I think that the solution is finding a way to
> >keep the columns together.
>
> To get the report/page header/footer sections to span the
> entire width of the reportm you need to make the report
> width the paper width less margins. then you can either
> manually center a text box in the header/footer sections or
> use a text box that is as wide as the report. =A0In either
> case, you can then use the text box's alignment property to
> center the text in the text box.
>
> The thing you are probably missing in all this is to use the
> Page Setup - Columns option to uncheck the Same As Detail
> option and manually set the Column Width.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

Thanks, that solved the problem.  There's is one very minor issue
remaining.  The first column is set very slightly below the two
adjacent columns.  It would be nice to fix that.
0
stan
2/4/2010 4:24:05 PM
On Feb 4, 11:24=A0am, s...@firstport.com wrote:
> On Feb 4, 10:52=A0am, Marshall Barton <marshbar...@wowway.com> wrote:
>

> > s...@firstport.com wrote:
> > >My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between
> > >columns.
> > >There is a box around the set of controls. =A0I have the palette
> > >narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working
> > >space to the right of my controls. =A0The result is a calendar-like
> > >presentation. =A0The problem arises when I want to center text in the
> > >headers and footers. =A0If I simply place my header text in the header
> > >section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the
> > >page. =A0In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and
> > >then center the text manually. =A0If I do this, then the spacing betwe=
en
> > >columns in the detail section increases - even though the column
> > >spacing is set to zero. =A0I think that the solution is finding a way =
> > >keep the columns together.
>
> > To get the report/page header/footer sections to span the
> > entire width of the reportm you need to make the report
> > width the paper width less margins. then you can either
> > manually center a text box in the header/footer sections or
> > use a text box that is as wide as the report. =A0In either
> > case, you can then use the text box's alignment property to
> > center the text in the text box.
>
> > The thing you are probably missing in all this is to use the
> > Page Setup - Columns option to uncheck the Same As Detail
> > option and manually set the Column Width.
>
> > --
> > Marsh
> > MVP [MS Access]
>
> Thanks, that solved the problem. =A0There's is one very minor issue
> remaining. =A0The first column is set very slightly below the two
> adjacent columns. =A0It would be nice to fix that.- Hide quoted text -

I found the fix for this one.  I needed to tighten up on the various
footers not in use.
0
stan

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

if cell is text move left one column

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

Format for credit card numbers

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Custom reports #3

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Character Length in a column
I have a column where every cell must have 14 characters. Lets say have the name Angel. I need 9 more charcters. Next cell down have the word cake. I need 10 more charcters.How do I automatciall insert the spaces I need to have 14 charcters. HELP PLEASE!!!!! GOIN NUTS ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements One way: Do you care about what characters are added? I'l...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

difficult format
I want to format a code like this: ##.0001.## so then i push it down and gives me 0002 and so on, the other ## r numbers. The problem is that when i do that, it sums in the last two numbers instead of what i want, so i ask if it is possible to format like this: (text)##.(number)0001.(text)## so it guives me the sum of number then do what i want. if it is possible how ca i do that? Thanks You can try this, starting in row 1: ="##."&TEXT(ROW(),"0000")&".##" You'll have to adjust the "Row()" number when starting in any other row. For example,...

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

Printing problem in booklet format