Reports - front and back page problems, need help

I have received a report request from a client and I'm stumped.

The front page of the report contains a fixed text page header, detail
section with text fields that can grow or shrink depending on the amount of
text, and a fixed text page footer.

The back page contains a different fixed text page header, fixed text
(boilerplate) detail section, and different fixed text page
footer.

I have tried everything possible to configure the report sections to produce
this report and nothing seems to work.

Is there anyone who can tell me how I can get variable text on the first
page to work with static text on the back page?

Thanks!

Larry

0
Larry

Duane,

Thanks, that might have worked except for the fact that the client's
locations has to appear in a specific location on the bottom of the front
page.

I've tried to explain to them that Access isn't really designed to do report
layout like they envisioned and the only thing I can suggest is that they
dedicate a printer to holding their letterhead paper - and let access simply
deal with the data.

Larry

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I assume this report is only two pages. Can you try not use a page header
> section. Place what was on your first page header into the report header.
> Then put everything you want on the back page into the report footer and
> make
> sure there is a page break prior to the section printing.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Larry Kahm" wrote:
>
>> I have received a report request from a client and I'm stumped.
>>
>> The front page of the report contains a fixed text page header, detail
>> section with text fields that can grow or shrink depending on the amount
>> of
>> text, and a fixed text page footer.
>>
>> The back page contains a different fixed text page header, fixed text
>> (boilerplate) detail section, and different fixed text page
>> footer.
>>
>> I have tried everything possible to configure the report sections to
>> produce
>> this report and nothing seems to work.
>>
>> Is there anyone who can tell me how I can get variable text on the first
>> page to work with static text on the back page?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Larry

0
Larry
4/22/2007 1:39:35 PM
Larry Kahm wrote:
> Duane,
>
> Thanks, that might have worked except for the fact that the client's
> locations has to appear in a specific location on the bottom of the
> front page.

You can use the Report's print method to place text anywhere you like on the
page via code (if you use the Page event).

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
4/22/2007 1:52:43 PM
Great idea Rick. Some sample code to draw a line and add varying text would
be like:
Private Sub Report_Page()
    Dim lngPageBottom As Long
    Me.FontName = "Arial"
    Me.FontSize = 12
    lngPageBottom = 1440 * 8 '8"

    CurrentY = lngPageBottom
    'draw a horizontal line
    Me.Line (0, lngPageBottom - 100)-Step(Me.Width, 0)
    CurrentX = 0
    Me.Print "left margin at bottom"
    CurrentX = 1440 * 4
    CurrentY = lngPageBottom
    Me.Print "4 inches from left margin at bottom"
    CurrentX = 1440 * 2
    CurrentY = lngPageBottom + 300
    If Page = 1 Then
        Me.Print "First Page Only"
     Else
        Me.Print "All Other Pages"
    End If
End Sub

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Larry Kahm wrote:
> > Duane,
> >
> > Thanks, that might have worked except for the fact that the client's
> > locations has to appear in a specific location on the bottom of the
> > front page.
>
> You can use the Report's print method to place text anywhere you like on the
> page via code (if you use the Page event).
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks very much for the suggestion and the code!

> Great idea Rick. Some sample code to draw a line and add varying text
> would
> be like:
> Private Sub Report_Page()
>    Dim lngPageBottom As Long
>    Me.FontName = "Arial"
>    Me.FontSize = 12
>    lngPageBottom = 1440 * 8 '8"
>
>    CurrentY = lngPageBottom
>    'draw a horizontal line
>    Me.Line (0, lngPageBottom - 100)-Step(Me.Width, 0)
>    CurrentX = 0
>    Me.Print "left margin at bottom"
>    CurrentX = 1440 * 4
>    CurrentY = lngPageBottom
>    Me.Print "4 inches from left margin at bottom"
>    CurrentX = 1440 * 2
>    CurrentY = lngPageBottom + 300
>    If Page = 1 Then
>        Me.Print "First Page Only"
>     Else
>        Me.Print "All Other Pages"
>    End If
> End Sub
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
>
>> Larry Kahm wrote:
>> > Duane,
>> >
>> > Thanks, that might have worked except for the fact that the client's
>> > locations has to appear in a specific location on the bottom of the
>> > front page.
>>
>> You can use the Report's print method to place text anywhere you like on
>> the
>> page via code (if you use the Page event).
>>
>> --
>> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
>> Email (as appropriate) to...
>> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Larry

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

usage report
Dear All, Is it possible to create a "usage report" in CRM? I mean a report containing data about people using CRM and what things have they done - or even see the statistical usage report? Is there any table on database contain this data? Ps, I'm using CRM 4.0 Thank before Hi, Microsoft CRM doesn’t tracks the usage of CRM or any kind of audit. There are two possible ways; 1. Use any third party add-on. (There are few for audit but I don’t think there is any for the usage.) 2. Use IIS Logs for tracking the usage of MS CRM by different CRM User. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM ...

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Need help with Auto Filter

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Need Query Help

Excel Problem

Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date
Example I n my text I type I have December 28th The th automatically reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been resloved, but no 2nd question please. When I post a question in "discussion group" and check the box "Notify me of Replies" I never receice a reply to my question I then have to go back to ...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

Can anyone help ?

Border problems

SOAP Exception