Reports duplicating rows of information

Hi,

I have inherited an Access 2000 database.  Whilst i am in the process of
bringing to a useable standard, it is producing an unusual glitch.

I have a form which is used for orders, which the data is subsequently used
for producing order forms and invoice sheets.  At random times the Report
will replicated lines of data from one of the subforms.  The data only
appears in the table once and I can only see this error on the forms
themselves.

I am bound to have many other queries as I have become used to using 2007.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

In your query designer, look at the links between tables.  Are they
one-to-one or one-to-many?
They should probably be one-to-many between appropriate tables if duplicates
are showing up.

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have inherited an Access 2000 database.  Whilst i am in the process of
> bringing to a useable standard, it is producing an unusual glitch.
>
> I have a form which is used for orders, which the data is subsequently
> used
> for producing order forms and invoice sheets.  At random times the Report
> will replicated lines of data from one of the subforms.  The data only
> appears in the table once and I can only see this error on the forms
> themselves.
>
> I am bound to have many other queries as I have become used to using 2007.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Charlotte

Hi,

Yes the realtionships are already one to many.

Charlotte

Have you tried "SELECT DISTINCT ----"

> Hi,
>
> Yes the realtionships are already one to many.
>
> Charlotte
>
> "M Skabialka" wrote:
>
>> In your query designer, look at the links between tables.  Are they
>> one-to-one or one-to-many?
>> They should probably be one-to-many between appropriate tables if
>> duplicates
>> are showing up.
>>
>> "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have inherited an Access 2000 database.  Whilst i am in the process
>> > of
>> > bringing to a useable standard, it is producing an unusual glitch.
>> >
>> > I have a form which is used for orders, which the data is subsequently
>> > used
>> > for producing order forms and invoice sheets.  At random times the
>> > Report
>> > will replicated lines of data from one of the subforms.  The data only
>> > appears in the table once and I can only see this error on the forms
>> > themselves.
>> >
>> > I am bound to have many other queries as I have become used to using
>> > 2007.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance
>> >
>> > Charlotte
>>

>> .

excel macro/funcion insert row if
I need to insert rows in my excel spreadsheet under certain conditions. Specifically, I should always have six lines with certain data in it. But sometimes I have less. In order to process the data further I then need to insert empty rows. For example, I might have 1456 1234 1456 1345 1789 2479 2567 then I need: 1456 1234 1456 1345 1789 1 2479 2567 2 2 2 2 Does anyone know how to tackle this? Thanks a lot! I can think of lots of ways but you need to provide some context - for example: where is the data coming from, are you using macros to insert the row...

Hide rows using IF
I would like to hide some rows in my spread sheet. It looks something like this: Cat Redo Cod Redo Categories Incidents Share J LR3 REMAKE 10 0.839% E LR01 #N/A 0 0.000% The formula in D12 (the first cell under the Incidents heading) is =SUMIF(Detail!A:A,B22,Detail!E:E). I have a macro that updates these numbers. I would like to have a row hidden if the D column has a 0 value or is empty. Any help would be appreciated. -- Mike Apply Autofilter to column D, select Custom... then Not Equal to...

Departments and Categories Report
Can anybody tell me how to print a plain Departments and Categories report without anything else? (we don't have any transactions or items yet!) Thanks ...

Change the year for budget reports
I set up an annual budget. However, the budget doesn't correlate with the claendar year; it is a fiscal year from Nov - October. All the reports in money can only report out the monthly budget or claendar year budget. So it doesn't use the transactions I entered in my account that happened before the calendar year start. I couldn't find a way to change the dates like you can on other reports. Is there any work around to assure that all budget vs spending reports include all of my necessary transactions? You could create a custom copy of the monthly budget report, as...

How to select cells (located in a column) for formulas in a row automatically?
Hello How to use cells (located in a column) in formulas in a row automatically? I cannot copy the formula to other cells in the row because the coping moves the selection to another column, not to a another row in the same column. Use a $ (dollar sign) infront of the row or column you do not wat to change. "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:OqbeN%23lzFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to use cells (located in a column) in formulas in a row automatically? > I > cannot copy the formula to other cells in the row because the ...

Copy If in row below
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office. For instance if department = 883, go to row below Account-Instittion business office and if = blank get address abc 123 Company 500 Thompson Rd. Detroit, MI ending 02/13/10 ---------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSI...

Weird report behaviour with greek language support
Scenario: - Main report basing on a query that has general info and sums of some fields. - two embedded reports that show the details depending on linked fields *** - each subreport runs fine on itself - main report runs fine on an english or german system BUT: - main report (only) asks for parameters if run on an english system that has greek language support enabled. And it asks for parameters (Forms!Date!xyz) and the linked fields for the subreports. The Form is open in the background, no parameters are defined in any related query, nor any related query contains a field nor ...

Deferred Revenue / Recognized Revenue Report
Does GP 9.0 have Deferred Revenue / Recognized Revenue Reports? I haven't been able to find any. I have been trying to put a SmartList together to track revenue recognition transactions, but I cannot find which table is associated with the Deferred Entry window. Can anyone help? "tbrook" wrote: > Does GP 9.0 have Deferred Revenue / Recognized Revenue Reports? ...

Can not adjust row height. The line snaps back.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel This is an unprotected form for which I need to adjust row height to get it to fit on one page. When I &quot;grab&quot; the row, it snaps back. The only way to do it is to adjust cells in Table Properties. In my old word, I could just grab and move the line. Have you set a specified a height for the rows and that is giving you this problem? Check in table properties/row and also check properties/table/options &quot;default spacing between cells&quot;. ...

Header Information Look
With Outlook 2003 is there a way to change the look of the Reading Pane -> Header Information so that the Header does not take up 3 lines and I can change the background color to appear different from the message body. I found how to Hide Header Information...but I really just want to be able to make the header information take up less room in the Reading Pane. Thanks, Kenneth kenneth.parker@sas.com Anyone have any ideas on this? "Kenneth Parker" <kenneth.parker@sas.com> wrote in message news:cl5t2l$p4g$1@license1.unx.sas.com... > With Outlook 2003 is there a way to...

Size of Report Changes
I created several reports and under Page Setup selected Landscape with a Size of Legal (8.5 x 14 in.). When I moved the database to another computer, the size changed to Letter(8.5 x 11 in.). Is there a way to prevent this from happening ? or is there a way to set the Size programatically, after issuing the DoCmd.OpenReport command ? When the report definition spontaneously changes, two possibilities come to mind. First, if the Track Name Autocorrect info checkbox (General tab on Tools | Options) is checked in earlier versions of Access, strange and (not so) wonderful things would ...

Duplicates #4
I have a column of Numbers in column B. I need to a function or something that will make those numbers that are duplicates stand out, like highlight them in Red or put a mark next to them in the next column (c). I need to be able to see which ones are duplciates easily instead of sorting them and picking them out manually. I also need the originals highlighted too. If there are two number six's, I need both of them highlighted or marked. Thanks -Mat Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Matt in AZ wrote: >...

get value from a query /set a variable for a report
I put this question in the forms area -- it is a form/report problem. - don't mean to double post, but I should have put it in this area instead. sorry! hello, I have a report that shows the detail for 3 different values of a field named "TransType": (values: pmt, adj, act). The name, date, and TransType fields are set via a form. In the report, I want the detail to show for the chosen TransType(s), name, and date. AND I want a total of the "ADJ" records for the specified name and date to show in a field in the footer. strDocName = "Sales for 1 month&...

Can't print graph with spreadhseet information
I have a spreadsheet, which at the bottom has an inserted bar chart. With my old printer, I was able to print the graph without problems, but with the new printer, the graph does not even show on the print-preview screen and does not print out on the paper. I have tried selecting the print are, but that's not working either. Please help!! Hold the shift key and select the nonprinting chart, so the chart is highlighted by white handles instead of black ones. Go to Format menu, select Object... and on the Properties tab, make sure Print Object is checked. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, ...

protect a single row of formulas
how do I protect a single row or group of rows (or columns) without protecting the entire sheet. I have tried everything that I can think of but nothing works. I have a spreadsheet that tracks labor hours. I have several rows and columns I need protected, leaving areas for data entry. Hi basically, you need to "unlock" the bits you want people to get to (format / cell / protection and untick the locked check box) and then protect the sheet (tools / protection / protect sheet). -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anywa...

Get rows from another tab where cell in column is empty
I have a spreadsheet where I track amounts owed to subcontractors and when they were paid. I'm trying to create another tab where I pull all rows that have not been paid. The only thing anyone has suggested so far is autofilter but that isn't what I'm looking for. Is there a function for this or would it have to be a macro? I don't really want to do a macro. I might just build this in Access, but I thought I'd try this angle first since it's already set up in Excel. I really appreciate any help that could be provided. gg If you don't like AutoFilter, then a ...

Crystal Reports help!
When trying to run reports in CRM 1.2 this message appears in the event logs. The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout. I can run admin reports, but as soon as I attempt to run one of the sales reports everything else stops working and the pageserver service causes the server to stop responding. I recently tried to upgrade to v3, but it failed so I restored AD, CRM, SQL back to 1.2. Initially the reports could not be found, but I used the tool from MS to get around that er...

Sales figures not showing up in report
My Uncle uses MS Money to run his drug store. He called this morning and told me that he kept getting this question; "Do you want to include sales figures". He accidently said no and now only expenses are showing up in his balance sheets. Can someone help us? Thanks! What version of MS Money is your uncle using? Sales revenue does not show up on a balance sheet -- only assets and liabilities. Can you point to the specific report he is trying to run? Bill "Bamaspride" wrote: > My Uncle uses MS Money to run his drug store. He called this morning and > t...

Additional information in money 2006
I use Money 2006 Deluxe. I often find that I have additional information that I keep on paper and I would like to know if there is a way to enter it into the program? Things like the date when transactions cleared, the date of the check printed, the date and how it had been mailed, approval or reference numbers, conversations with reps for accounts I am making a paper on. Thanks everyone I look forward to hearing any and all advice you may have. --Will In microsoft.public.money, Will wrote: >I use Money 2006 Deluxe. I often find that I have additional information that >I keep on ...

etech
Hi, It would be good if the etech website remembered a users login information. The server, user name and database. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mi...

Select rows and sort based on type
I have a spreadsheet that contains data for several different types of accounts. I want to sort by sheet differently depending on the type of account (types are 1, 2, 3, and 4). The spreadsheet is currently sorted by account type. I want to sort further in the following way: if the account type is 1, I want to sort by account name. If the account type is 2, I want to sort by account number. If the account type is 3, sort by account number. If the account type is 4, sort by account name. I'm just guessing - but it seems like I should write a macro that will select all rows, f...

A pivot table report cannot overlap another pivot table report.
How can I make this go away? Use separate worksheets? David wrote: > > How can I make this go away? -- Dave Peterson ...

Information Store send queue
Hi all: I was playing with public folder replication and set up--temporarily--a replication between servers. The thing is, of course, that since the SMTP service on one of the servers is turned off, the content replication will not go through normally (I think) so there's all this stuff in the send queue for the information store. So, question: how to clear the contents of the Public Folder Information Store? FW ...

identify duplicate data in excel spreadsheet
Please help me to identify duplicate data from excel spreadsheet. I have to enter series of five digit numbers in spreadsheet as per work completion.....and some time it so happens that the same number is entered twice......I want that the excel should prompt that the number is already eneterd. For example: 35851 35933 36009 35851 (out here this number is duplicate as the same is already entered above and I want excel should prompt duplicate here) Assuming that the 2nd entry in your list is at A3, put this formula in B3 and copy down to suit. =IF(ISNA(MATCH($A3,$A$2:$A2,0)),""...

Records are duplicated in 1.2
Some contacts records are duplicated in the contacts records view, however when you clic in the duplicated record the record opened is different. ...