Report to RTF and Save

Hi,

I have a database that already runs this, unfortunately the person who
created has up and retired and I cant ask him.

I have created a Report in the Access Database and need to be able to press
a button on the Form so it will Run the Report and Save it into a file using
its own individual reference.

The Form that already does this has a Drop Down list and a button next to it
(the properties of which are an Event Procedure which is written in Visual
Basic and I cannot fathom it)

Is there any way of doing this again? But possibly in a simpler way!

Thanks

Nikki

On Nov 15, 1:58 am, NikkiNYCC <NikkiN...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a database that already runs this, unfortunately the person who
> created has up and retired and I cant ask him.
>
> I have created a Report in the Access Database and need to be able to press
> a button on the Form so it will Run the Report and Save it into a file using
> its own individual reference.
>
> The Form that already does this has a Drop Down list and a button next to it
> (the properties of which are an Event Procedure which is written in Visual
> Basic and I cannot fathom it)
>
> Is there any way of doing this again? But possibly in a simpler way!
>
> Thanks
>
> Nikki

Hi Nikki.  When you create a button on a form, it will ask you what
kind of command you would like to assign to it.  You can choose the
"Report Operations" option.  Then choose "Send Report to File".
Choose the report you want to send to RTF and click "Next".  It will
then ask you what you want to output to.  You can choose Word from
here and keep clicking next to get the button on your form.

Let me know if you need help creating the button.

Good luck!

Dorothy
0
Dorothy
11/15/2007 5:25:52 PM
Dorothy,

Thanks for that, unfortunately when I use the button like that you have to
choose the file type and then follow a pretty exhaustive path to save it each
time (we do thousands of these reports a month)

I was hoping to be able to have it at least save to and us a field within
the form/report as the file name [Official Search Number]

Do you know of any way to do this?

Thanks Again

"Dorothy" wrote:

> On Nov 15, 1:58 am, NikkiNYCC <NikkiN...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a database that already runs this, unfortunately the person who
> > created has up and retired and I cant ask him.
> >
> > I have created a Report in the Access Database and need to be able to press
> > a button on the Form so it will Run the Report and Save it into a file using
> > its own individual reference.
> >
> > The Form that already does this has a Drop Down list and a button next to it
> > (the properties of which are an Event Procedure which is written in Visual
> > Basic and I cannot fathom it)
> >
> > Is there any way of doing this again? But possibly in a simpler way!
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Nikki
>
> Hi Nikki.  When you create a button on a form, it will ask you what
> kind of command you would like to assign to it.  You can choose the
> "Report Operations" option.  Then choose "Send Report to File".
> Choose the report you want to send to RTF and click "Next".  It will
> then ask you what you want to output to.  You can choose Word from
> here and keep clicking next to get the button on your form.
>
> Let me know if you need help creating the button.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Dorothy

Copying only report sheets
Hi: Happy new year. I created a MS excel workbook which has 4 data sheets and 4 report sheets. Each report sheet links to each data sheet. Now I want to create another workbook that will show only the 4 report sheets. How can I do it in VB code? Agin, in each report sheet, I copy and paste data from data sheet and thus each report points to individual data sheet. Workbookname: ctces sheet names:dat1,rep1,dat2,rep2,dat3,rep3,dat4,rep4 Best wishes and thanks -- jesmin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

problem creating report
I have 15 working forms from 2 diferant colums from one table what I want is to run each query on its own line of a report with 4 calculations at the end I can select 1 query and produce the first line but how do I move to second line and query? thanks Duane Hookom wrote: > This is a really unusual question. What do your forms and columns have to do > with your queries and report? > > A report can have only one record source. This record source could be a > union query. You can also use subreports to display additional queries. > thank you ...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Save data as it is enerted.
How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data. For example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next time as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins with those letters and have been entered before. Possible?? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Forms don't store data, tables do. If you want a way, on a form, to see a list of the company names that match what you are typing in, take a look at how th...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Make (save) a file by using macro recorder.
Hi all, I am new to macro and using macro recoder to create macro. On one file which I recieve every week from material department. I need to reformat and create pivot table. I use macro recorder and everything is working good. However I need that when my recorded macro end it create a file with the same name with the date and time it was create. I need every week a new file and I dont want to replace the one. Please let me know how I can create a new file with the date and time everyweek when I run my macro. Thanks -- Farhan Hi Farhan This should do it, just insert you...

Delivery report #2

Using a listbox selection to limit records in a form and report
I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the results of a form to just those names. On a similar track, I want to use the selected names to limit a report. I have the listbox created and have added a button next to it to initiate the next step, but cannot figure out how to do it. Also, would like to (if possible) use multiple listboxs in the same way (ie, name and/or department). "dascooper" <dascooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1227B7CC-3345-4FDC-8EB0-94BEF46660FD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a listbox of names to limit the resu...

Discrepancy with report and x/z tape for weighted items
We sell chocolates by weight at one of our stores and we have found that there is a rounding issue with this item, it processes correctly but at the time of closing the sales amounts on the x/z report do not match, it is usually a penny different but because of this the batch won't integrate to our accounting software (Great Plains). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

Print 2 reports
Hi, Is it possible to print 2 copies of my report using the following code? thanks. ************************************************* Private Sub Command27_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command27_Click Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[WarehouseID] = " & Me.[WarehouseID] DoCmd.OpenReport "rptWarehouse", acViewNormal, , strWhere DoCmd.GoToRecor...

Report based on parameter query
I have a report that is based on an ordinary parameter query (i.e. right now it pops up dialogs asking for three values that it needs for its where clause). I use this query in several places, so I don't want to make the parameters dependent on specific form controls, which is the only information I've been able to find on google on feeding parameters in a report query's Recordsource. What I actually want to happen is to make a button in the main switchboard which, when pressed, will look up those values in a different query I already have and then use those to populate th...

Save Images
Hello All I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk Is There Any Way For THat Thanks Alot Asked and answered on 9.19.2007, 9.20.2007 AND 9.22.2007. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II "RABEA" <ShamiJewelerjo@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23H1TuYa$HHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello All > > I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images > And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk > Is There Any Way For THat > > T...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...

Help! Crystal Hist Stock Status Report
We just changed our procedures in Sales Order Processing so the GL Posting Date is different than the Document Date. This has caused a problem with the Crystal Report that works as an inventory stock status report. I can fix it if I can get access to the GL posting date. My report has the following tables, IV00101, IV00102 & IV30300. The IV30300 only has a document date field available. Anybody know how I can tie this report to another table to get the GL posting date? The GP hist stock status can do this because it has a report option to key off the GL posting date. I believ...

Can you suggest any way to turn off Saving to Excel?
I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making this up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. Your mission is impossible. Do not accept it You cannot disable exporting from CRM to Excel "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D35176-EEA5-48A8-9798-3181E5FAD1E0@microsoft.com... > I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making > this > up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. How about this likely response - "But Larry, if the ...

Multiple Unrelated Queries In One Report or Form?
Hello guys, I've been tasked with generating a report for my boss that provides an overview of our core database statistics. This includes the total number of orders placed each month and the total value of orders placed each month. I also need to provide the same information for purchase orders, quotations and discrepancy reports. Each individual query is a piece of cake on its own but how can I display all of this information either in a form or preferably in a nicely formatted report? The queries are all completely unrelated so there's no way I can somehow joi...

.xls Report opens rather than Snapshot Report
I�m using AK2000. The database has seven users and is split into a frontend and backend. The backend is on a novell server. The frontends are located on the users pc�s. All of the users have identical frontends and they were able to E-Mail reports in snapshot format. A few days ago when two of the users tried to E-Mail snapshot reports the reports were created in .xls format rather than .snp format. I have had our IT staff reload snapshotviewer on the two pc�s, however, that did not fix the problem. Has anyone had any problems like this? Were you able to fix it? ...

report by date 02-19-08
->Hi, ->My project is in MS Access 2002. ->In that I have one form which I am using to generate report by date. ->In that form I have two three fields StartDate,EndDate,ItemNo all are of type [B]Text[/B]. ->Now when I select StartDate and EndDate both of same Year then its working properly. ->But if I select StartDate from Previous Year and Today's Date as EndDate then it will simply show results of current year and only of StartDate. ->Means if i enter StartDate=1/1/2007 and EndDate=02/19/2008 then it will show all results of current year(1/1/2008-02/19/2008) and resu...

Using OLE frame with an Excel sheet for a report template 04-09-07
I am trying to use an Excel file as a template for an Access report. Linked the excel file through OLE frame with the properties set as follows: Source Doc : C:\sajit\test.xls Source Item : test1 where test1 is the range name in which the template is. I also have other sheets which are used as templates for other reports. The templates were made by making a 'Copy' 'Sheet' from the previous sheet, each sheet contains one template range. When I preview the report, Access picks the wrong template, even though the filename and the range name specified in properties are cor...

Repost-Edit and save query criteria
Sorry to repost this, but I was not sure I would get help with this again and it would get lost in the list. As suggested, I created a table called ExcludeShows1 with the ShowID and Year fields. I have posted the SQL with those changes to the query. When I tested this initially, it appeared to work. Then I tried testing the queries using last year's show data for 2009. No data is being returned for 2009. Not sure what is happening that it is not returning 2009 data. SELECT Shows.ShowID, Entries.Place, IIf([Entries]>1,([Entries]-[Place])*0.5,0) AS Points1, IIf([...

Customize reports 07-22-04
Hi, I need to customize a report or create a new report. I try to install Crystal Report Enhanced version on the CRM Server computer but I get an error message. With Crystal Report Enhanced I can to development new reports? Thanks in advance Carlos no, thats just a module so that when you use Crystal Reports it can properly connect to CRM -Gary "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255501c47022$6ed9c120$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > I need to customize a report or create a new report. > > I try to install Crystal Rep...

Saving Outlook Calendar as Web Page
When I'm trying to save a personal calendar as a web page, there is a date/day mismatch after Jan 1, 2005. In other words, the correct Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Saturday, but when I save it as a webpage, Jan 1, 2005 falls on a Friday, and all the appointments are off by one day also. Anyone else seen this and what can I do?? Jim This is a well documented problem. I posted the same question on 9/17 at... http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/NewsGroups/default.mspx?query=2005&dg=microsoft.public.outlook&cat=exchange&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=C9163434-DE68...

Count number of records on a report page
Hi All, My report has several grouping levels and works OK. I am OK with creating a text box to count the entire number of records in a report and in a group. But I've been asked to count the number of records printed on any given report page. How can I do this? I'm using version 2003. Thanks in advance TRY this. Add a control to the detail line to number the detail lines Name: txtLineCount Control Source: =1 Running Sum: OverAll Add a control to the page header Name: txtPageStart Control Source: =[txtLineCount] Add a control to the page footer Name: txtRecCount Control Sour...

Dsum in report header problem
I have a text box in a report header where I need to use dsum because the I need the sum of fields in a table that is not the recordsource of the report. I've hit errors or undesired results no matter what I've tried. From code (rpt header format), if the first record in the table matches the criteria, it returns the sum of all records. If the first record doesn't match the criteria, it returns nothing. Me.Text127.ControlSource = "=DSum('[CostPerPaycheck]','tblSavingsFunds',[fundstatus] = 'Waiting')" From code (rpt header format), when att...

Reports -- "Update in Process"
When I select the Reports menu button, in Money 2006, I get a a screen saying Update in Process, you will be asked to restart Money to access this feature after update is complete. The bar graph remains stuck at 1%, although I have a good connection, and get windows updates etc. both at home and work, but the problem still persists. I get the same thing (I think). It says "Upgrade In Progress" and says that I will be niotified. There have been times, however, when I get in that the bar graph is up to 85% or even as high as 100%. If I go to some other area of Money and then...