Report showing ID numbers only

I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and
subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary
key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when
information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and
all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a
bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words.

I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I
created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want,
but it shows all the ID numbers. I want it to be translated to the words that
the ID keys represent. How can I change this?

ema wrote:

>I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and
>subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary
>key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when
>information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and
>all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a
>bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words.
>
>I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I
>created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want,
>but it shows all the ID numbers. I want it to be translated to the words that
>the ID keys represent. How can I change this?

Before creating a report, you should create a query that
returns the desired data.  In this case, it sounds like the
query shoulf include the tables with the text joined on the
ID number fields.

If that's a valid analysis, then just add the needed tables
to the query and make sure the connecting lines are between
the appropriate fields in each pair of tables.  Then you can
drag the text fields from their table to the query's field
list.  Switch the query to sheet view to verify that it
presents the data you want to see in the report.  Keep
working on the query until it works the way you want, then
use the query as the report's record source and away you go.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Excel 2002 Pivot Report Mystery
I have created a pivot report in Excel XP and have encountered a problem. The report is created for one field, in a columar format. When the report is completed, the capability to filter is evident, for both the various values in the field, and for the Data that has been calculated in the report. The field, Project # has 35 unique values, fron 101 to 135, and I have calculated two Sums, two averages and one count for each of these fields, seven rows of calculations for each project. When the filter list is displayed for Project #, I clear the Show All check box and select one of the projects...

divide by zero error on purchase order report
On a clean install of headquarters manager I get a divide by zero error on the standard purchase order report. Regardless of what date range I put in it generates the same error. Any one else had this problem? Thanks You have a purchase order in the system with an exchange rate of zero. Run the following SQL Statement from HQ Administrator: Select PONumber, POTitle, StoreID, ID, ExchangeRate from PurchaseOrder where ExchangeRate = 0 This will tell you which PO is causing the error, but fixing it will be a problem as there is really no PO Editing function in HQ. You could use a SQL Upda...

How to (if at all) show/hide taskbar programatically?
Hi! I'd like to be able to show and hide the windows task bar from within my app (hide at begin and show when the app quits...). Any ideas? thanks, philipp Try the following HWND hWndTaskBar = ::FindWindow( TEXT("Shell_TrayWnd"), NULL ); if ( hWndTaskBar ) ::ShowWindow( hWndTaskBar, SW_HIDE /* or SW_SHOW */ ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bj7m0r$335$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hi! > > I'd like to be able to show ...

How to produce a chart based on number of cells not values in the cells
Hi I'm using Excel 2007. I have a requirement to base a chart on the number cells rather than the values in the cell. For example, here are some values I might enter against Monday to Friday: 1,3,1,1,2 In this example, I want my (pie) chart to show that 3/5 are value 1, 1/5 is value 2 and 1/5 is value 3 (i.e. the pie chart should have 3 sections). What excel does, is split the chart into 8 sections, and shows each individual value. Any suggestions on how I might achieve this, Thanks for any help Colin You need to do some calculations in the sheet first, then plot the results: http...

Item with a negative serial number count
We just did a stock count in Geat Plains. We had a problem with one of our items. The item had a negative serial number count of two. I ended up deleting the item off of the count so I could process the stock count. How can I fix this item's serial number count to zero so it won't cause a problem next time we do a stock count? Jocelyn: You need to analyze the transactions on that item to determine why it's showing negative. Theoretically, that shouldn't happen because you shouldn't be able to consume the same serial number more than once. The analysis may help...

How do I use numbered bullets in Excel?
Is that possible to use numbered bullets inside cells in Excel? If so, how? Thanks. If you just have one bullet point in a cell you could make a custom format of bullet point character followed by # (copy the bullet symbol from the Character Map available under Windows Accessories) and apply this to your cells to make them look like bullets. If you want a proper bulleted list it would probably be better to use Insert->Object and bring in a Microsoft Word Document object where you could create a bulleted list more easily. Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.strat...

Want to link a cell of numbers with a cell of text & can sort
I have a column of #s and a column of text. The column of text describes the column of numbers. I don't want to have to retype either column. Is it possible to LINK/CONNECT the two columns so that they will act as one unitl? If I try to merge the cells in the same row of the two different columns I lose the text. This is important because I must monthly import data and the data in the columns could either increase or decrease. Please advise. Thank YOul hi you might consider a formula. =A2&B2 if you need a space between the numbers and text.... =A2&&qu...

Excel Newbie-Simple Question Regarding Numbers Formats
Trying to enter positive numbers (no decimal places) into cells that start with the number zero.No luck. Tried "Help"...couldn't figure it out (after 30 minutes). Can somebody walk me through it? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA! The only way I know a number starting with zero (0) can be entered in cell without losing the 0 is to put an apostrophe before entering th number, e.g. '012345 and this will register in the cell as 012345. But then, technically this is not in a number format. This will be a text. BTW, how can a number starting with 0 not have a decimal place i...

Report problems when upgrading
I have not upgraded from Money 98 because of a continual problem I have had with reports in each newer Money version. When I auto convert, or manually enter transactions, all transactions show up on the Performance by Investment Account report as being in the current year, no matter what the date is. For example, say I enter a purchase of $25,000 on 1/1/2000. If I look at a Performance by Investment Account for 1/1/2003 - 12/31/2003, I will see $25,000 in the "Buys" column. If if I click on it, there will be no transactions for the date range (because it was in 2000). ...

Money 05 can't add numbers
The identical accounts and balances shown in the portfolio selection and then on the home investing page of money do no add to hte same figure. The Investing page is incorrect. Anyone been able to teach Money 05 how to add a column of numbers? ...

Error when trying to create reports
I am getting an error: There has been an error reading or writing the file '.' Anyone know how to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Peggy wrote: >I am getting an error: There has been an error reading >or writing the file '.' > >Anyone know how to fix this? See if any of these resembles your situation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281865&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185848&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321085&Product=mny Thank you, Cal!!...

Number formatting question
I have hundreds of rows of numbers (example 234553) it need to add a decimal to every row to make it 2345.53. Is this possible? Yes One method Put the value 100 in a blank cell. With that cell selected, Edit/Copy Select the numbers you wish to change (highlight the column) Use Edit/Paste Special and select the Divide option. HTH PC "sbhayes" <sbhayes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C0C90C-6C93-4055-8983-430D97B09692@microsoft.com... > I have hundreds of rows of numbers (example 234553) it need to add a decimal > to every row to make it 2345.5...

Chrystal reports and using custom fields as a filter
I’ve read a comment on the problem that occurs when using custom fields as a filter for Chrystal Reports in MS CRM. This is the related post on the MS CRM newsgroup. ------------------------- or open the report and click Database - verify database to make the report aware of the new fields -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Stephen Redmond" <stephen_at_crm.ie@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:%23W1EI%23sqEHA.896@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >Keng, > >You need to refresh the report...

Copying FRx reports company to new machine
Just re-installed mas90/FRx on a new machine, but can't figure out how to bring over my company, named VSI. Where are the files, or how do I tell where it's located in order to hook in all the work I've done to the new installation of FRx??? First, you should have just cut out the part about MAS 90. Yuk. :) Do you still have access to the old machine? Without being able to log into FRx from an existing machine, it's going to be difficult to determine where the files were/are located. Do you know if the files were installed on the c drive of the old machine or on the net...

XADM: Error 1084 Reports corruption in an RTF Attachment
Hi, Just got this error message on my Exchange 2000 enterprise server for the MSExchange IS Mailbox store in the event logs. The server is running OK. The store is working OK. Checked article 232685 and it said that exchange is operating by design but the article is refering to Exch 5.5 Is this error safe to ignore. No third party products have been installed in the last year. thanks -- Kath ...

Unwanted MsgBox shows in error
I used to have a MsgBox at the end of my code and recently changed it to display a different message. However, every time I run the macro, the original message is displayed at the end. Where is it coming from? Thank you. Tony. I would think it is coming from a MessageBox that you have somewhere in your code. If the message is a text constant, try doing a project-wise search for that text to see if you can locate it. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Tony7659" <Tony7659@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B25695B-88D4-43E4-A573-0A16415E1654@microsoft.c...

How do I only show print area in excel?
I cant figure out how to only show the printable area in excel, and have all other cells greyed out? Can anybody help. Jeffro, View - Page Break Preview will sort of do that, though you can still see the cells that are outside the print area. I think a macro could make it totally invisible, if you want to go that route. We can write you one. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jeffro" <Jeffro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C715ADF-8FD7-446E-B979-2305B038AD1E@microsoft.com... >...

Possible to show stock price next to its option?
Money 2005 Premium does a reasonably good job of handling equity options (biggest problem: doesn't exercise written puts properly). It would be very handy to see in a portfolio or report the stock price of the underlying security for an option. For example, if I sell a $25 June 05 Microsoft Put, I can see lots of information about that option in reports and the portfolio screen. However, I don't see the choice of seeing the underlying stock price - Microsoft's stock price - next to the option. This would be really handy to know how far the option is in/at/out of the mone...

detailed sales report -- Total costs and Total profits
When we run detailed sales report and group by product, it appears the cost column displays the unit cost per item and the profit column displays the profit per item, but not total costs (cost times quantity) and total profit (profit times quantity). For example, a row of data reads qty sold sold price total sales cost profit 2 2.5 5 .59 1.91 If I sold 2 items which cost .59 each, that's $1.18 of total cost against $5.00 of sales, leading to $3.82 total profit. Is there a report that will give m...

dividing a number into hours and minutes
My users are entering numbers into column B. Is it possible to take the total of column B (say Row X) and divide it into hours and minutes putting the hours in Row X Column D and minuntes in Row X Column E (two seperate cells)? They are entering just numbers in multiples of 5 and usually not more than 30 minutes. Do I need to convert Column B to some form of 'time' to get close to the result I'm looking for? Is this even doable? Try this... In D1, enter =INT(B1/60) In E1, enter =MOD(B1,60) In this example, Row X is row 1. Hope this helps, Hutch &...

How can you identify folders, using folder numbers?
Hi everybody, I've searched and searched and asked in the quasi-defunct yahoo exchange newsgroup, but I've never found an answer as to how I can actually utilize the folder identification information contained in Exchange error log events. An example is as such: Event: 1173 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Description: Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-1A42FF on database "First Storage Group\SG1 Mailbox1". It would be insanely useful if I could tell which folder 1-1A42FF is, so I can narrow down where the problem is occurring, you know?? Anyone...

report not grouping correctly
i set up a report with grouping on Repair, Employee. My Employee isnt grouping right. Say the employee name is Stephen, it will group half of everything with Stephen, then another half with Stephen... I have looked at the form to make sure it is entered correctly and it is.. I cant figure it out? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I do not understand. It seems like it is grouping like it is suppose to as Stephen, is not the same as Stephen... and would be another group. Am I missing something or reading what you wrote incorrectly? Try ...

Cancelled transaction report
Hi everybody I'm looking for a report of cancelled/aborted transactions Any help would be appreciated! ...

BACS reports and listings and comment box
Please could we have the BACS status report and the comment box back on the Print cheques function? The BACS status report was used by many clients as a verification and printed for signature of confirmation that the BACS file was accurate and approved. As there is no other approval on this process and the text file is not encrypted in any way this provided a useful back-up. The comments box on the Cheque Printing window was used to enter a comment referring to when the payment would clear the payees bank account. There is now no feature for being able to include this text as part of...

generating random number as template
I need to create a form in excel that generates a unique number for each form. If anyone can assist with the best way to do this it would be great. Explain what you mean please. "Jemm" wrote: > I need to create a form in excel that generates a unique number for each > form. If anyone can assist with the best way to do this it would be great. > What you need is a Forms collection object, but in Excel that will only work for already loaded forms. So first create the collection yourself, and then browse through it. Sub CheckFormsInCollection() Dim i, u As Long, s ...