Report Printing / Custom Paper Size

Hi All,

I have a report that needs to be printed on a dot-matrix printer (and this
is not the default printer). The area of one form, not including the tractor
feed area, is 8.5" wide x 7" high. In the Access report designer, the
report's size is: 8" wide x 6.5" high. For the Page Setup I have all of the
margins set to .25" (for Top, Bottom, Left, Right).

My questions are these:

1. For the report's Page Setup / Orientation, which is the correct format to
use: "Portrait" or "Landscape"?

2. On the Page Setup / Columns tab, what should the "Column Size" settings
be (Width and Height)?

3. A custom paper size in Windows needs to be created for this. What would
the size of that paper need to be?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards - Fred

0
Fred

Fred......

It sounds like you could use what is called "conditional page break".  You
can do this very easily when printing forms.  With reports it takes some VBA
code. I have been away from Access several years and now I am have my own
problems with printing with a dot matrix printer.
The VBA code has to do with counting the number of lines and changing the
Visible property to "true" otherwise the Visible property is "false". I can't
find my book that I kept all of these routines in.  This post is just for
what it's worth. I just wanted to point you in another direction. Hope it
helps.
--
becker

"Fred Block" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a report that needs to be printed on a dot-matrix printer (and this
> is not the default printer). The area of one form, not including the tractor
> feed area, is 8.5" wide x 7" high. In the Access report designer, the
> report's size is: 8" wide x 6.5" high. For the Page Setup I have all of the
> margins set to .25" (for Top, Bottom, Left, Right).
>

> My questions are these:
>
> 1. For the report's Page Setup / Orientation, which is the correct format to
> use: "Portrait" or "Landscape"?
>
> 2. On the Page Setup / Columns tab, what should the "Column Size" settings
> be (Width and Height)?
>
> 3. A custom paper size in Windows needs to be created for this. What would
> the size of that paper need to be?
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Kind regards - Fred

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Report.SalesPlusTax
I don't know if you guys have ever try to show the total tax sale on the z report, but when i make the modified on the z report it came out that the total tax is 0. It didn't show me anything, i don't know if the script is wrong or the script is not working for RMS V1.3?? Has anyone ever tried that?? <ROW> "Taxable Sales|" Report.SalesPlusTax </ROW> ...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Re-print SVC RTV Packing Slips
Please add to the Reports Menu the ability to Reprint a RTV packing slip. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Mfg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=107decaa-6e0a-4bc...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

How to sort calendar entries on "size"
I would like to remove large size calendar entries by being able to sort on "size". I am able to sort Inbox items on size but not calendar. My company's exchange server has email account size quota and a 3rd of that quota is being held up by calendar entries on the server side, so I would like to get rid of the unwanted past celndar entries that occupy portion of my account quota. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Umesh On 11/18/03 9:21 PM, in article 049b01c3ae43$d9cf01d0$a301280a@phx.gbl, "Umesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would...

too many "inherited" custome headers and footers
It seems that somehow I have "inherited" custom headers and footers from someone else's workbook. They have filled up almost all the allocated spaces in the drop-down selection list and pre-empt me from adding more than two custom headers/footers of my own. I need to add at least four new custom headers to the list. Is there some way to delete all the "inherited" custom headers and footers? Thanks, JR ...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

stock variance report
Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no $$ values and this is quite important at HQ. How do others work with this? IB Ivan, Create a custom report using the Quantity Discrepancy List as a template, add the SnapShotCost, SnapShotLastCost and/or SnapShotReplacementCost column from the ItemDynamic table times the qty difference. -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:%23Idw6wPAGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no ...

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

Report Filter focus
Hey all, I am experiencing an issue with the report filters in RMS. It is not a show stopper, but annoying. When I launch a report in SO Manager on a win XP machine, RMS version 1.3, the report filter is there, but the correct field is not selected and the filter under Filters is not selected. When this happens and I want to change the filter, I first need to click on the Filter itself in the bottom box and then select the correct field out of the Fields list, then change the Value. Is there anything I can do to fix this? To use a real report as an example, When I run the Detailed Sales rep...

How do I print a SINGLE POSTCARD on 5.5x4.25in stock?
I have a preprinted postcard that is 5.5" x 4.25". A standard postcard. I cannot for the life of me to get Publisher to print on this cardstock!! It keeps thinking the page is "LETTER 8.5x11". I have NO problems getting 4 cards (multiple addresses) to print on one page. But now I have the cards pre-printed and just want to mail-merge an address list onto them. How do I set this up? Because apparently, using the post card template of 5.5x4.25 (or even the 6x4) doesn't do it!!!!! Thanks for any insight. Jeff Jeff, File, PRINT SETUP Here select your stock si...

Visio Printing Problem
I am trying to print a flowchart. The print view displays the complet flowchart. However, when I print the flowchart, the top half of th flowchart is omitted and the bottom half prints. Any problem solvin recommendations would be appreciated -- jqsandma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jqsandman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=661 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=136719 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i this usually ends up as being "apply available software patches to visio" or &quo...

Outlook reports OLE registration error
I have Office 2000 running in Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266 with 64 meg ram. Outlook stopped working so I ran Repair from Office 2000 CD and then Re- install Office from same source. Both times Outlook says" An OLE registration error occured. Program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again." Doesn't seem to be much sense in running it again. What now? Reinstall Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal acco...

Object error when trying to print custom reports
I am getting an [object error] message when trying to print custom reports or modified versions of canned reports. They display just fine within CRM, we just can't print them. I have already tried deleting the ActiveX to force a reload and manually reinstalling it using http://crmserver/viewer/activexviewer/en/npviewer.exe with no luck. This is occuring on systems regardless of whether Crystal Designer is loaded. Any ideas? Open the reports in Crystal that you are having problems with and make sure that the "Save data with reports" option is not checked. (In Crystal...

I have individual place cards I want to print can anyone advise m
I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been given the individual cards from the place where they are having the wedding, but we cannot get them to line up What are the size of the place cards? Are there more than one card on the page? Are you merging information? What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77E3682B-3926-410B-8012-2907CF63F37A@microsoft.com... >I am helping friend...

A Strange Printing Problem
Our accounting department maintains an Excel file, updated in an onging process, converted to a PDF at month close, and distributed to our senior management. There are nine worksheets, seven behave normally, but two worksheets default to printing 2 copies. No macros, viruses, etc. Any suggestions on a fix will be appreciated. Paul I would try a different PDF converter. There are a # of free ones out there. It would be a simple and quick test to see if that was the problem. "PA" wrote: > Our accounting department maintains an Excel file, updated in an onging > process,...

Exchange server reporting tool
Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Thanks sl =?Utf-8?B?c2xhd2Fs?= <slawal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:735D2C55-FB0E-44F4-8F6B-274B754A9FBE@microsoft.com: > Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than > promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Quest messagestats is good stuff. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com i second that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Arlo Clizer" <aclizer@online.goo...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...