Report printing 11-15-07

I have built a fairly simple Access 2003 report with a main report and a
couple of subreports. In the events for the main report's detail I check to
see if two of the subreports have data using the hasData() function and based
on the result turn the label on the subreport visible or invisible, e.g.,
Me!lblIssues.Visible = Not Report_sbrIssues.HasData. When I view the report
in print preview mode everything renders correctly. When I directly print
using the following code snippet the report without first previewing
everything render correctly: Application.DoCmd.OpenReport "rptStatus",
acViewNormal, , , acHidden However I did find in my testing the I must
include the constant acHidden to achieve the correct results.

It is when I print the report after previewing the first few pages the
report does not render to the printed page correctly. It rather seems as
though the events Format, Print, Retreat do not fire in this case. Is there a
fix for this problem? Most of my users are accustom to previewing before
printing.

Outlook 2000 deletes emails when printed.
Help. When I print an email, it goes away. I can't find a setting that deletes emails when printed. Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help. When I print an email, it goes away. I can't find > a setting that deletes emails when printed. Are you sure they've been deleted and not just hidden because of your view settings? Check View>Current View>Messages -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, a...

Error in equation 'Illegal syntax' when printing
I've got a user with a new laptop. GP is installed & has been working fine. Today he tried to print a job cost report (to printer and to screen) and gets a pop up window with 'Error in equation '*** ILLEGAL SYNTAX *** [] [Not Found] '. He has the dept. standard printer set up on his PC. I tried printing the job cost report from my PC and it prints fine, so it's not the job. I tried printing a different job from his PC, same problem. I tried using a different printer from his PC, same problem. So it's clearly something with a GP install file. I'm g...

Conditional Label Caption (Report)
Hi, Does anyone know how I can make a label caption conditional upon the value of a text box? This is on a report (actually a subreport). I tried to make the caption: =iif(subtotal>1500,12% Down,10% Down) Got an error. Thanks in advance. Bonnie Use the OnPrint event of the section where the lable is located in, and write the code If Me.subtotal > 1500 Then Me.LableName.Caption = "12% Down" Else Me.LableName.Caption = "10% Down" End If Change the LableName to your lable name -- Good Luck BS"D "Bonnie" wrote: > Hi, > > Doe...

2 Word Problems with Word's Printed Watermarks
Hello there! I have a bit of a couple of Word problems relating to watermarks I hope someone out there can help me with. I am very frustrated trying to figure them out. 1. I'm trying to insert a printed watermark (Format/Background/Printed Watermark) on a document. On two particular templates (any documents based on them), however, the option is grayed out and I'm unable to use it because the feature is disabled. I have tried in all different views. I have tried turning this feature off (Tools/Options/Save and deselecting that option), but it keeps turning itself...

management reporter installation
Has anyone installed management report yet? Do both application service and process service have to be installed or are they optional? Thanks, Janey -- Janey ...

Eployee Reviews Reporting
Im Looking for some help with printing a reoprt conserning employee reviews in the hr/payroll module. Completeing the entire window for both Employee mainanence and reviews the system isnt updating the employee status on the most recent review. However in the review window after bringing up the employee ID the review information is complete and up to date. In saying this while in the review window i want to pull a report of all the employees who have a due review in a months time. in creating the report GP will bring up some but not others causing peoples reviews to slip through the ...

Sorting a field with calculations in it in a report.
I have a field called [Total] in my database that adds the numeric values of several other fields. The [total] field is in a report. I want the report to sort ascending on the [Total] field. How can I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. "Frank" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:h56bj.47925$L%6.29841@bignews3.bellsouth.net... >I have a field called [Total] in my database that adds the numeric values >of several other fields. The [total] field is in a report. I want the >report to sort ascending on the [Total] field. How can I do this? >...

Printing Task List
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange When I try to print using the Print, Incomplete Task List, and selecting the Table Style, the printout always includes the LInk Icon, Status, Due Date, etc. I cannot turn those off in the print dialog box because they are greyed out. I have removed them from the task window and only have the Task, the Due Date and the Category. Still wants to print all the rest. The problem is having all of these things printed causes the Task title to be truncated. <br><br>Please help. Doe...

Print ppt 2007 handouts; remove page numbers from footer
Client is setting up handouts with three slides on the page. The default setting is to have a page number appear in the footer, as well as the date in the header. When in print preview, selecting Options, we found that using a "Fixed" date and deleting the date removed the date from the header; however, unchecking the page number box will NOT remove the page number from the footer. Checking footer and leaving it empty also was unsuccessful at removing the page number from the lower right corner of the page. Any suggestions? If you go to the handout master and dr...

crystal report launch 01-06-04
Is it possible to launch a crystal report directly from my custom CRM application and be able to pass parameters as well? I'm interested in this also, so if you get an email, please CC me at awaddell at avriogroup dot com. Thanks, Alex Waddell "Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:032801c3d489$7fc6aa00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to launch a crystal report directly from my > custom CRM application and be able to pass parameters as > well? > ...

How to print selection of my contact list (ph. name,address,email)
I wish to print a list of some of my contacts, with only some of the information I have listed for each of them ie name address ph and email plus notes. I have tried to do a distribution list this seems to give me some of the info though not all I require. A DL will give you none of the information you need. Most users customize Contact printouts by using a mail merge. So should you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill B" <BillB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F4940B-0DE0-4310-838C-9D88B2DD2543@microsoft.com... >I wish to print a list of some of ...

report snapshots
I have downloaded the report schedule wizard and created snapshots. The snapshots are created. But the report gets generated when i click the snapshot and the prepared time reflects the time i clicked. The snapshot should be the data from a specific time point right? Any help is appreciated. Uma ...

Apostrophe truncates line in reports
I have a GP8 add-in application that uses a stored-procedure to chunk up a note field into 80 character records and strore them in a physical temp table. The report reads from this table and displays the data. This is working fine unless a user has added an apostrophe in their text. If they do, the 80 char line is truncated at the apostrophe and no other data for that line is displayed. The full line IS in the physical temp table, so the sp is loading the data properly. It is only the report display that is truncating the line. Is there a way to prevent this - maybe surrounding the...

WMP 11 WIN-XP_MCE = Rip Location question
I want to set my RIP location to a virtual (remote) drive ... not on my computer, but visible and available. WMP 11 does not seem to be accepting the UNC location; \\EXTERNAL\M-Drive\Music but WMP 11 keeps defaulting to C:\Music ... is it possible to specify a UNC path or not ??? TIA In WMP,click on tools,options,rip music tab,change the location.If its not listed,go to hardware tab & edit for remote drive. "PC Guy" wrote: > I want to set my RIP location to a virtual (remote) drive ... not on my > computer, but visible and available. WMP 11 does not...

Reports 08-21-06
my issue is on small business server where the entire installation is on the same server. there is no applications on other servers. the install was flawless and the user is at the administrator level and i get the same errors. -- Richard SysOp Same what errors? "Richard" wrote: > my issue is on small business server where the entire installation is on the > same server. there is no applications on other servers. the install was > flawless and the user is at the administrator level and i get the same errors. > -- > Richard > SysOp ...

Changing report format with VBA
I have a report which prints out address labels for a journal distribution. The label layout isn't always the same. If the addressee's subscription is about to expire a warning is added to the label. The problem I have is that the VBA code references fields in the underlying query which are not used in the report itself (e.g. journal issue number). I get an error message saying that the fields cannot be found. So far the only way round this that I have discovered is to put all the required additional information in a hidden text-box. Is there a better way? Nick. Hidden text ...

Crystal Report for Great Plains
I have a crystal report set up to print invoices. There is a parameter to run a batch ID or an individual invoice. This works fine for an individual invoice but it will not run for the batch id. i have tested the batch id's on other users and other machines. it will not work for any user on this one pc but will run on other computers. Any suggestions on what I can look for as to be the culprit? Jennifer, You're saying that running the same exact report, against the same exact data, logged in as 'sa' on two different computers produces different results? There has to...

Installing Crystal Reports CRM Enhancement
I'm having a deceptively difficult time installing Crystal Reports to a client to customize our reports. I've installed CR 9.2.2 on my client yet the CRM Enhancement disk will not install because it thinks that CR 9.2.0 is installed. I verified the Crystal version 9.2.2.5705, and I have used both disks (Crystal and CRM Enhancement) several times before and I've never encountered this message. As anyone else seen this, and if so, how can I get the install to complete? -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.com ...

Report sorting 01-28-10
I have a report which runs off a query. Within this query i have a pivot table which computes the average the scores, which are entered into a table from a form. For example: in the table there are 3 depts, lets say maintenance, metalset, and office. They are audited each month and given a score. The query shows the dept and score, the pivot table gives a average of these scores for each dept. The report shows the dept and avg score. What i would like to happen is have the avg score sorted from highest to lowest. When i go into the reports sorting and grouping i do not see the selection...

Sort text field in report
I have a text field that contains either the word "cash" or a number from 1 upwards. I have made it a text field due to the cash option. I have a report that is sorted by this field but I am getting the result: Cash 1 10 11 2 3 etc Rather than the desired Cash 1 2 3... 9 10 11 Is there any way the "text" numbers can be sorted in the right (i.e. numeric) order. It doesnt matter whether Cash is at the top or bottom but has to be included. All suggestions gratefully received. Create a query. Type an expression like this in the Field row: Amt: Val(Nz([Amount],&quo...

How can I print bridge tallies
I have been using Microsoft Publisher 96 for printing bridge tallies. My disk drive went out and I lost the program. I would like a program for this purpose. I have windows XP. Bridge tallies are still part of Publisher 97. Are you saying you no longer have the Publisher 97 program disks? Do you have any version of Publisher? Basically a Bridge tally is a four column and however many rounds rows table. Easy to create. If you have any version of Publisher I can send you the tally file from 97. mary-sauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

GP 9.0 and Crystal Reports
I've just taken over an almost failed implementation of GP9.0 and most recently I've been looking at the reporting capabilities. I see a lot of mention of Crystal Reports and the documentation seems to imply that it comes bundled with GP. But I see no installation and no disks. Could anyone confirm whether or not it I should acutally have it? Marty. Marty, Crystal Reports is a separate product and purchase, however, it is possible that it was purchased together with GP (from Microsoft). You need to look at either your invoice for GP or your registration information on Custom...

Print the CRM calendar?
Does anyone know how to print a the weekly calendar in CRM? I don't have a print option on the File menu. Thanks! ...

Needing a access report to captilize mutiple fields
here's the problem, we have a report that is in colums that has the same duplicate fields listed. In the first data field of Rank (this is a military file) we can use the > symbol to force the report to captilize the data in that field, but the other fields that a use the same data field will not print upper case. any ideals thanks danny danny wrote: >here's the problem, we have a report that is in colums that has the same >duplicate fields listed. In the first data field of Rank (this is a military >file) we can use the > symbol to force the report to captil...

Media Player 11 in Windows XP multiple file playing problem
When I open several AVI or MPG files at once with the media player, after one file finishes and the next starts, video is lost, only audio sounds. The movie is playing but no video. If I switch resolutions or stop and play again I can regain video. Any idea Try updating your video card drivers to their latest version. Don't just check Windows Update, but the manufacturer's website too. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Victory wrote: > When I open several AVI or MPG files at once with the media player, after one > file finishes and the ne...