Report OrderBy Not Working

Using Access 2007, I have a fairly simple report, with one group. In the
detail section for some reason it will only sort on one column. The group
sorts properly and I have the feeling the Group Level is in conflict with the
OrderBy. Any ideas?

Never mind. My bad. It's working. I was looking at the data wrong!

"John Lane" wrote:

> Using Access 2007, I have a fairly simple report, with one group. In the
> detail section for some reason it will only sort on one column. The group
> sorts properly and I have the feeling the Group Level is in conflict with the
> OrderBy. Any ideas?

Crystal Reports distribution
I have created reports with my Crystal Reports Professional v10 OEM licensed software from Great Plains. I want to allow a couple users (controller, president) to open and refresh these reports. Back in the day this used to involve access to the .rpt, some free redistribution files, and a local ODBC connection. I just don’t understand the licensing rules anymore. With my OEM license, what are my redistribution options? If I can still package my report with free redistribution files, where can I get them? Do I have to buy and use reports server software for this limited application? TIA...

Can not view reports
We have 1 user who can not see the reports. Gets a generic error message "an rerror has occured" when he selects the reports. He is set to system administrator role. Everyone else is fine. Help see is he able to access http://server/reportserver also use Report Server configuration Wizard to configure reports. Install Rollup update 2. If all ok, send me error log plz -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "royst" wrote: > We have 1 user who ca...

Order in query is lost in report
I have a subreport which is based on a query. When I run the query it delivers the fields ordered by date descending, as requested. When I run the (sub)report, all fields are delivered but in date ascending. Any clues or do I need to post more specifics? Thank you, Jon Use Sorting & Grouping in your report at design time. There is a button on your menu bar that will present you with a dialog similar to setting indexes on a table. Steve -- Steve McGuire MCSD, MCAD, MCP "Jon Geiger" wrote: > I have a subreport which is based on a query. When I run the query it &g...

Bank Rec
Please make the Outstanding Transactions Report in Bank Rec: 1) print automatically when a Reconciliation is performed 2) reprintable We have been asked for this by almost every customer that is using Bank Rec. Thanks! Victoria ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

What do you do if you have auto save set, but it is not working?
I have auto save in Excel set to every 5 minutes, but it is not auto saving the data. What should I do to fix it? Jennifer What version of Excel? XP (2002) & 2003 _do not_ have an AutoSave feature. If you are referring to AutoRecover (Tools>Options--Save), that is something totally different. It doesn't save your working file, but stores the data separately in a temporary file for recovery purposes in the event that XL or the system crashes while the file is open. HTH |:>) "Jennifer" wrote: > I have auto save in...

counting records shown in a report
greetings to all I have a report bound to a query called qAttendance. The report has its Filter property set to limit the records showing in the Detail section. So far so good. In the report footer, i want to show the count or records in the report. How do I do this?? (I can get a count in forms using recordsetclone and bookmarks, but I can't figure out a good method for reports) Becky oops. Got it using DCount. "Becky" wrote: > greetings to all > > I have a report bound to a query called qAttendance. The report has its > Filter pro...

Mystery Entries on Reports
Microsoft money has placed entries that appear on my Monthly Income and Spending Report. I click on it and it displays that I have no entries for this category. Any idea what this can be? -- JollyRoger ...

Including field names in RTF Report filename
How do I include field names in the filename of a report that gets output to an RTF file? Have a confirmation report that's sent as RTF via email attachment and want the individual's first/last name to automatically be included in the report's file name. Base report is named Confirmation Email, when I use a button/OnOpen event to do: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = Me![lastname] & "Confirmation Email" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[id]=" & [id] It gets the last name (i.e., Smith Confirmation Email) in the filename, but I get ...

For Some Reason My Schedule is Working through Weekends
Is there anyway to correct this in one operation?? -- TMI Contractors ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TMI Contractors's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216904.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1338262.htm http://forums.techarena.in Check the calendar for the project, and if a different calendar has been assigned to specific tasks (Tools > Change Working Time, Project > Project Information, and the Task Calendar column respectively). Check the resources assigned to the tasks...

Search isn't working in the newsgroup
I tried to search for install, reinstall, setup, etc. I get the following: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Your query for "install" did not return results. The following may help you find the results you were looking for: Check your spelling. Enter a term or phrase that's less specific. Try different phrasing. Try fewer words. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- What is the problem? -- David Wertz Got me. Try an Advanced Search of newsgroup microsoft.public.money at http://groups.google.com. "D...

Exchange 2003
Italy User (please help me) After I reinstall IIS and Exchange 2003 + sp2 in my server SBS 2003 + SP1 when download email with microsoft pop3 connetor the email are deleted from ISP but not delivery on mailbox Event id: 6015 Origine: MSExchangeTransport Il classificatore sta inviando rapporti di mancato recapito a un destinatario con indirizzo SMTP:mspop3connector.<Account>@<Dominio>.local con codice motivo 0x80070002 (Impossibile trovare il file specificato.). AND Event id: 3028 Origine: MSExchangeTransport Rapporto di mancato recapito con codice di stato 5.1.1 generato pe...

Formulas dont work
I am trying to do a vlookup function with data that is imported and calculated from another cell, and it shows a result of #na. c3 is formated to custom "m" to show the number of the month from cell b3. b3 is "October-04" c3 shows "10" d3 "job name" b100 "10" a100 =vlookup(b100,c3:f20,2,false) result is "#na" If I enter "10" into cell c3 with format set to general, then the result shows the correct answer. Is there a way to correct this? -- comotoman -----------------------------------------------------------------...

SQL Server reporting services
Has anyone tried to install the new SQL Server reporting services on a server running CRM and SQL Server? I'm getting an error during install saying that the data base is invalid but i've applied all the right service packs as far as i can tell. So the only thing i can think of is that the CRM is causing issues. ...

MFC Application working in background.
Hi, I am fairly newbie to MFC, i would like to know if there is any way that my MFC Application works in background, no any form. I placed that code in InitInstance () but program crashes. I have an endless while loop for background working, Why i cant place that loop in InitInstance(). Any Idea? Thanks in advance Fahad Ashfaque fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com Do you mean you want a GUI-less application that runs in the background - if so you should take a look at Windows Services. On the other hand if you mean you want to have an MFC app with a GUI 9that does a background task) then you ...

Restore button does not work
Thanks in advance for any assistance. I searched through the forum for this problem and found a couple of threads related to it, but none had a definitive answer. I have been having a problem in the last week or so, wherein the Restore button in the upper right corner of the Excel dialog (not the inner worksheet dialog) does not work correctly. If Excel is maximized, clicking on Restore will minimize the dialog onto the toolbar, leaving it only visible as a depressed button on the toolbar. Clicking on this button does nothing. Right clicking on the button shows a dialog containing the fol...

CRM Role/Privileges Report
Is there a report, or, even better, a bit of SQL code, that will generate a report or listing of each business unit, its roles, and their level of privileges for each function? Thanks! Anyone? On Apr 25, 2:33 pm, LeftyRodiguez <rifle...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a report, or, even better, a bit of SQL code, that will > generate a report or listing of each business unit, its roles, and > their level of privileges for each function? > > Thanks! On May 2, 8:35=A0am, LeftyRodiguez <rifle...@gmail.com> wrote: > Anyone? > On Apr 25, 2:33 pm, LeftyRodiguez <...

Commission Report
Hi, Is it possible to take project wise commission report from Project Accounting? Hari ...

Obtaining Crystal Reports V9.2.2 in the UK
Hi all, Has anyone managed to get businessobjects to get their act together with sorting out v9.2.2? I rang today, gave them my keycode and they said "thats odd it's registered to 2 different companies, which isn't possible on the registration system" then said "there's 50 licenses attached to this code which isn't possible 25 is the max code can have" They then refused to give me any updates on the grounds that I didn't have proof of purchase of crystal reports, which of course I dont becuase it comes with MS CRM!! I'm now at a loss of what t...

obsolete analysis report
I am running GP 10. Where would I find the obsolete analysis report I can run against my inventory? There is no such thing as an "obsolescence analysis" report in GP, but if you do provide some extra information as to what exactly are you trying to achieve, we may be able to help. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "tstrop" wrote: > I am running GP 10. Where would I find the obsolete analysis report I can run > ...

windows 7 search not working
Hi, I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Windows Search does not work - there is no drive activity and I get no results. I've seen the KB article 977380 about Win7 search not working and I have tried the hotfix, but with no luck. Search still does not work. The indexing service is running, AFAICT, and the drive properties are set to allow indexing. Anyone know the answer to this? (please don't say Google Search 8-) George On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 03:33:47 -0400, George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net> wrote: I was advised by email to tr...

Need a report to print fields in Excel in a certain order
I've got a client that needs the data we collect to show up in a certain order in an excel speadsheet. Instead of my having to rewrite and reorganized the form that the data is collected I'd like to know if there's a way for me to export the data in the order they want to see it. Can this be done using the report tab from access? and if it can how do I go about to do it? Just to let you know I'm not that experienced in programming and stuff so I'll need step by step directions. Thanks for your help in advance. Ace MJ Waldor -- Your One Stop Public Reco...

why does Random: Rnd() not work for random sort?
Hi I'm trying to generate some random numbers in a query in order to allow a random sort of the query using a calculated field called Random: Rnd(). Problem is, the exact same random number is generated for every record in the query thus negating any ability to create a random sort. I've also tried Random: Rnd(-1) Random: Rnd(0) and Random: Rnd(1) as well as other integers with the same result. I'm using Access 2007. Any help/thoughts? thanks, craig On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:35:19 -0600, "Craig" <msaccess@howardhowardfine.com> wrote: >Hi >...

Hyperlinks not working
Hi, I'm starting to use hyperlinks to point to other documents, after realising that insert files only inserts a copy. The hyperlinks only seem to work if Word is open. If Word is not open the links stop working, returning an 'unable to open, program to which your are navigating is busy' error. The path is correct, except for a % sign being inserted for spaces. When I hover over the link, the path is correct (no % signs). I've tried editing the link and the address is displayed correctly in the field, prior to clicking OK, but I keep getting the same error when I act...

Access 2003 reports under Vista
My Access 2003 reports that ran just fine under XP don't run under Vista Home Premium. The first obvious problem is that built-in functions in the report (e.g. TRIM, DATE(), TIME() ) are not recognized. I've tried running as Administrator, and I have a number of printers installed... still have the problem. What now? Ray Stone rstone@west.net On 27 May 2007 17:01:52 -0700, rstone@west.net wrote: > The first obvious >problem is that built-in functions in the report (e.g. TRIM, DATE(), >TIME() ) are not >recognized. This appears to be the very common References bug. ...

Help with Report Grouping
If I have 2 sections in a report like this: Reviewer Header Vendor Header Detail Vendor Footer Reviewer Footer with a txtbox in each section. I want the txtbox in the Vendor Footer to calculate the total for each Vendor and I want the txtbox in the Reviewer Footer to sum up all the values in the Vendor Footer and put it in the txtbox of the Reviewer Footer. Is this possible? If so, how would I do this? Thank you. Ayo wrote: >If I have 2 sections in a report like this: > >Reviewer Header >Vendor Header >Detail >Vendor Footer >Reviewer Footer > > with a txtbox...