report not grouping correctly

i set up a report with grouping on Repair, Employee. My Employee isnt
grouping right. Say the employee name is Stephen, it will group half of
everything with Stephen, then another half with Stephen... I have looked at
the form to make sure it is entered correctly and it is.. I cant figure it
out? Thanks

stephendeloach

I do not understand.  It seems like it is grouping like it is suppose to as
             Stephen,
is not the same as
             Stephen...
and would be another group.

Am I missing something or reading what you wrote incorrectly?

Try grouping like this --
    Replace(Replace([YourField], ".",""), ",", "")

This will ignore commas and periods.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> i set up a report with grouping on Repair, Employee. My Employee isnt
> grouping right. Say the employee name is Stephen, it will group half of
> everything with Stephen, then another half with Stephen... I have looked at
> the form to make sure it is entered correctly and it is.. I cant figure it
> out? Thanks

Sorry, I didnt write it correctly. There is only one entry, Stephen with no
commas or periods. But they arent grouped together? Thanks

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>I do not understand.  It seems like it is grouping like it is suppose to as
>             Stephen,
>is not the same as
>             Stephen...
>and would be another group.
>
>Am I missing something or reading what you wrote incorrectly?
>
>Try grouping like this --
>    Replace(Replace([YourField], ".",""), ",", "")
>
>This will ignore commas and periods.
>> i set up a report with grouping on Repair, Employee. My Employee isnt
>> grouping right. Say the employee name is Stephen, it will group half of
>> everything with Stephen, then another half with Stephen... I have looked at
>> the form to make sure it is entered correctly and it is.. I cant figure it
>> out? Thanks

stephendeloach
8/6/2007 2:41:51 PM
I went back and re-entered the fields and it works now? I dont know why but
it works. Thanks

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>I do not understand.  It seems like it is grouping like it is suppose to as
>             Stephen,
>is not the same as
>             Stephen...
>and would be another group.
>
>Am I missing something or reading what you wrote incorrectly?
>
>Try grouping like this --
>    Replace(Replace([YourField], ".",""), ",", "")
>
>This will ignore commas and periods.
>> i set up a report with grouping on Repair, Employee. My Employee isnt
>> grouping right. Say the employee name is Stephen, it will group half of
>> everything with Stephen, then another half with Stephen... I have looked at
>> the form to make sure it is entered correctly and it is.. I cant figure it
>> out? Thanks

stephendeloach

Outlook 2003 "Show in Groups"
Hello! Outlook 2003 has a new "feature" called "Show in Groups" under the View, Arrange By, menu when you are looking at your Inbox folders. It groups your mail into days, weeks, a month, then groups the rest under "Older." I can go to a folder, then click on View, Arrange by, and uncheck Show in Groups, to make it sort the old way, but I have over sixty sub-folders of my Inbox. Is there a way to turn off Show in Groups globally for all folders, current and new? Thanks for helping! Gregg Hill go into views, arrange by, customize, and open the define views di...

Query/Report date parameter
Hi folks, I have a problem which, I hope someone can help me. I have a table that have the following fields: ID Date Supplier name Merchandise type T01 T02 T03 PS: T01,T02 and T03 are error type feild, which I can enter quantity of units affected. Now I need to have a report that show me the grand total of each error types ("T01,T02 and T03), the report will need to have a date paramater. I've tried, but each type its only giving me the grand total of error by date and not the grand total by error types, because I am adding the following parameter in the query "Between [Star...

Renaming First Administrative Group
Hello According to the latest Exchange Server 2003 Administration Guide, (page 38 of the guide), one should be able to rename the "First Administrative Group". However, when we are logged in as an Exchange Full Administrator and right-click on the First Administrative Group, 'Rename' is not an option in the context menu. SP1 has not be applied yet, we are holding off for now. Searched the MS knowledgebase and didn't see any refernces to the either. Has anyone else run in to this, and if so, did you find a solution? Thanks in advance Corey If your Exch o...

Another Report Writer suggestion
Print from within the designer -- TRM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cea6fb38-9813-4c4b-94a3-a6280c22d87c&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains Do you mean ...

reports #7
how do I separate accounts and get a report on just one account. Right now i am getting a report on all the accounts I have under money? What version/edition of Money? If recent (M05 or greater) are you using Advanced Reports or Essential (dumbed down)? Which report? Have you tried customizing the report? "watervalleylinda" <watervalleylinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ED319C8-8A06-48E5-86BB-819EF674058B@microsoft.com... > how do I separate accounts and get a report on just one account. Right now > i > am getting a report on all the...

Reports #3
Is there any way to control how a report is exported to PDF when it's exported from the report viewer? It seems that when I run a report in CRM (v3 and Reporting Services 2000) and then export it to PDF, it puts the report on 3 pages. Is there a way to for it to scale to fit the page when I export? Thanks, James You can modify the report definition so that it behaves better when exported, but in general the Report -> PDF conversion process is internal to Reporting Services. Check out this Designing for PDF Output article on MSDN for more information: http://msdn2.microsoft.co...

Z Report ? #2
Can some be so kind as to expalin to me the proper way to do a Z Report. 1) Enter the opening amount at the start of the day 2) Enter closing amounts at the end of the day (Now what is this amount, the amount that is kept in the till or the amount you count for the day?) 3) Finally, print a z report Thanks in advance What we do and you can modify however you need is the following: We count the draw open.(for us a set opening amount) At closing we count it again entering everything in the drawer. After this initial count we run an X report. X reports allow you to change closing informat...

Report Not Showing All Records
Dear All, I Have a Report that Shows all the records in a Table, at the moment the table hold 200 Records. but the report which is related to the table, is only displaying 32 pages, with the one record on the last page. the report is only showing 160 Records, What would cause the report to exclude the other 40 Records? Theres no filters set or anything. Any one got any suggestions? Regards Dan ...

Select Distinct subquery in a Report Control?
I've written a report that aggregates (avg, sum, count) a 10 or 15 measures ($, Days to Book, # rejects, %within SLA, etc.) I need to do a COUNT DISTINCT on one control (D&B number) to determine how many distinct companies I am dealing with in a particular country or region. I've written a SQL subquery that does what I want it to do, but I can't figure out how to imbed that statement into a control expression in a Report. I prefer to work with the report engine because I need to take a number of cuts on different groups and levels of detail and just find it ea...

Monthly Reports use closed accounts
I just upgraded to Money Plus Premium and was trying various things to make sure it all worked. I can set up most reports to include the Accounts and Investments I want but the Monthly Reports won't allow me to do that. When I run them that report includes accounts I have closed years ago and investments I have sold. The result is that the section that shows my best and worst investments for the month is pretty useless because it lists mostly things I have no interest in. In fact I suppost all the other information in the monthly report is equally useless since it is working on the ...

Automatically collapse all groups in Outlook 2003
I often group Deleted Items and Sent Items by From or To. When using Outlook XP, it automatically collapsed all of the groups. Not sow with 2003, requiring me to go to the toolbar to get the view I want. Is there a way to automatically collapse all groups like XP did? If the setting is not saved in a custom view, you'll need to set it each time. FWIW, I'd use the keyboard instead of the menu. Ctrl+minus sign on numeric keypad - Ctrl & the plus sign on the numeric keypad expands all. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

Take a look at this correction update #2
--elndxaktubgl Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="glipmpiafcuhpah"; type="multipart/alternative" --glipmpiafcuhpah Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qtbslsptxjlngahu" --qtbslsptxjlngahu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "May 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabi...

Report delegates of all users
I want to be able to report delegates set for each user in our exchange organization. These delegates are set locally on the outlook client. Is the a way to do this (scripts, utilities, etc) in an automated fashion? The mail client is Outlook 2000. ...

Report Profit Margin
Hello, Does anyone know how to customize the sales report to calculate the profit margin correctly at a group level? Prior to customization, the cost and profit columns were not multiplied by the sold quantity. I have updated those columns, so that it displays total cost and total profit, and the profit margin at a transaction level is correct. At the group level (dept or overall), all columns are totaled correctly, but the profit margin is not recomputed based on those totals. The computation assumes that each transaction is a quantity of 1 and of equal value (it totals each tran...

Query based distribution groups
When trying to create a query based distribution list using users and computers the option for creating a query-based Distribution Group displays as msExchDynamicDistributionList. If you select this a New object windows displays asking for a cn name for an attribute. This issue affects all systems users and computer snap-ins and yes the are using the exchange version of the snapin. Exchange 2003 running in native mode. Looking for any ideas on what would cause this. ...

How do I report this please??
I need a running total showing details as per the attached sheet, ca anyone help with how best to set this up?? Any help would be most welcome. Dav Attachment filename: example.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=52071 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not sure what the question is? Are you looking for a running total i something that shows the current balance on each line or something tha shows how overdue something is? Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com hi, something that shows a r...

A group devoted to COM/ATL
Hi guys, Is there any high activity group discussing COM/ATL? Thanks, Martin "Martin" <martin-g@mail.ru> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1188484308.182521.93720@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Is there any high activity group discussing COM/ATL? Yes, try microsoft.public.vc.atl G "Martin" <martin-g@mail.ru> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1188484308.182521.93720@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Is there any high activity group discussing COM/ATL? Moreover, there are also the web-based MSDN forums, and you m...

Modify reports
When I print a report, like the "SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered" report. I select print to screen. I can see 3 buttons from this Report viewer. Print, Send To, and Modify. The Modify button is greyed out. However another user, on another machine, has access to the Modify button. So 2 questions. 1. Where is the security option for the Modify button on the report? How can I change this to allow, and un-grey this button? 2. What, if any, additional software is required on my machine to ensure I have all the tools necessary to modify this report? As far as I can tell th...

about recovery storage group... and the ntbackup
I am afraid I am in danger.. I am using win2003, I got to restore some deleted email that is in a tape backup. the backup was made by ntbackup but I just found I make the backup wrongly... I only backed up the .edb and .stm under program files/exchange folder, NOT the exchange catalog.. So, what should I do after made a "recovery storage group"? Some guide said I should do a restore with ntbackup to the "original location"... but... in my case... it's the actual file running database location, right? would that just corrupt my running database, which is in producti...

change report/query into a table
Is there a way i can change a report/ query into a saved table format .so i can use it for email replies?? No, but you can print it as a Snapshot file or a PDF. You can save the report's recordsource as a temporary table, as well, or just copy and past that query into an email. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E09077-9090-4495-8ABC-9D437F1B5597@microsoft.com... > Is there a way i can change a report/ query into a saved...

troubleshooting storage group dismounting
have an exchange server where a data store needs to be mounted once every 2 weeks. What could be causing this? Take a look at the new Exchange Troubleshooting assistant. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/analyzers/default.mspx or Provide some more details about what is happening, including things like system configuration, disk sizes (free space), errors/warnings from event logs, etc. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "cridhe1" <cridhe1@discus...

Paging Jeff
On 5/3 you responded to a request for a report on best sellers that rolled up sales for the time period of the report (instead of showing each transaction as a separate line). At that point in time, I was not aware of this group. I've gone into Outlook Express to find your post which, I assume, had an attachment with a report fix or special report formula. Because my newsreader will no longer go back that far, I'm hoping you will be able to post it again. I wrote a separate topic here about this, last week, but got no response. Doing sales anried Google groups, butalysis is ...

Reports not working for users
Few days back we renamed the CRM Server. Rename just represented that the server is now a PRODUCTION Server instead of TEST Server. But to make that work we did the required work. Server is back again with CRM working fine without any issues. Users could access CRM with out any issues. But when ever user try to run report they get an error "reporting services error". I also see an event error with eventid: 18456. "Login failed for user 'RGARE\lbaran'[CLIENT: <client machine>]" crmadmin can run all the reports without any issues I have followed the docu...

print a list of reports in access
Does anyone know of a way to print a listing of all your reports in the Reports Object section. just go tools->analyse->documenter You can print out all information about the reports. Play with the "options" button, as these documenter printouts tend to be very large.... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com >> Thank you. I tried that but it gives all the detail. I was just >> interested in the names, but I will take your suggestion and play with >> the options button. Thanks again. ah...ok.....

detailed deposit report
How can I get RMS to show me all the deposits customers have? I'd like to see: - deposit amount - customer name - date deposit taken TIA! ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! 124 State Avenue NE Olympia, WA 98501 P: 360-753-7525 F: 360-528-7526 info@olybikes.com www.olybikes.com Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_07B3_01C743E7.1C0CDD60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-T...