report new page for each alpha

I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for
each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U,
which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T
page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a
"full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are
plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a
letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry
letter) might not break pages properly?

0
Joseph

You don't say how you're controlling page breaks at present, or even how
you're breaking your report into alphabetic groups.  So I'll assume that
you've set up a group (perhaps on a calculated expressions such as
Left(YourField,1) which you're using to control page breaks.

What you describe is probably occurring because you are using "Keep
Together" set to "Whole Group", which will often work correctly, but is not
guaranteed to do so.  To be sure that each group starts on a separate page,
you need to set the "Force New Page" property of the group's footer to
"After Section".

HTH,

Rob

Joseph Greenberg wrote:
> I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the
> entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have
> one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is
> coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter
> which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on
> the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where
> it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a
> particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might
> not break pages properly?

0
Rob
11/22/2009 11:41:31 AM
It is often better to set the group header section's
ForceNewPage to Before Section.  The reason is that reports
are smart enough to not generate a blank page at the start
of a report, but not smart enough to suppress a blank page
at the end of a report.  Of course, having visible report
header and\or footer sections will affect these
cosiderations.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Rob Parker wrote:
>You don't say how you're controlling page breaks at present, or even how
>you're breaking your report into alphabetic groups.  So I'll assume that
>you've set up a group (perhaps on a calculated expressions such as
>Left(YourField,1) which you're using to control page breaks.
>
>What you describe is probably occurring because you are using "Keep
>Together" set to "Whole Group", which will often work correctly, but is not
>guaranteed to do so.  To be sure that each group starts on a separate page,
>you need to set the "Force New Page" property of the group's footer to
>"After Section".
>

>Joseph Greenberg wrote:
>> I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the
>> entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have
>> one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is
>> coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter
>> which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on
>> the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where
>> it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a
>> particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might
>> not break pages properly?

0
Marshall
11/22/2009 4:40:45 PM
So I had a "legacy" page header in the report that was there just for page
numbering purposes, and because of that the "Before Section" setting was in
fact giving me a blank page before the As. any by the way now I've switched
to Access 2007, and my familyname header is grouped by first character. So
if I take out that phantom page header then the Before Section does work
properly and I get the break before every letter. Thanks!

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> It is often better to set the group header section's
> ForceNewPage to Before Section.  The reason is that reports
> are smart enough to not generate a blank page at the start
> of a report, but not smart enough to suppress a blank page
> at the end of a report.  Of course, having visible report
> header and\or footer sections will affect these
> cosiderations.
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]
>

> Rob Parker wrote:
>>You don't say how you're controlling page breaks at present, or even how
>>you're breaking your report into alphabetic groups.  So I'll assume that
>>you've set up a group (perhaps on a calculated expressions such as
>>Left(YourField,1) which you're using to control page breaks.
>>
>>What you describe is probably occurring because you are using "Keep
>>Together" set to "Whole Group", which will often work correctly, but is
>>not
>>guaranteed to do so.  To be sure that each group starts on a separate
>>page,
>>you need to set the "Force New Page" property of the group's footer to
>>"After Section".
>>

>>Joseph Greenberg wrote:
>>> I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the
>>> entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have
>>> one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is
>>> coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter
>>> which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on
>>> the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where
>>> it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a
>>> particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might
>>> not break pages properly?

0
Joseph
11/22/2009 6:29:06 PM
I have not seen a Page header cause that effect.  However, a
visible, blank report header with non zero height definitely
will do it.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Joseph Greenberg wrote:
>So I had a "legacy" page header in the report that was there just for page
>numbering purposes, and because of that the "Before Section" setting was in
>fact giving me a blank page before the As. any by the way now I've switched
>to Access 2007, and my familyname header is grouped by first character. So
>if I take out that phantom page header then the Before Section does work
>properly and I get the break before every letter. Thanks!
>
>"Marshall Barton" wrote
>> It is often better to set the group header section's
>> ForceNewPage to Before Section.  The reason is that reports
>> are smart enough to not generate a blank page at the start
>> of a report, but not smart enough to suppress a blank page
>> at the end of a report.  Of course, having visible report
>> header and\or footer sections will affect these
>> cosiderations.
>>
>> Rob Parker wrote:
>>>You don't say how you're controlling page breaks at present, or even how
>>>you're breaking your report into alphabetic groups.  So I'll assume that
>>>you've set up a group (perhaps on a calculated expressions such as
>>>Left(YourField,1) which you're using to control page breaks.
>>>
>>>What you describe is probably occurring because you are using "Keep
>>>Together" set to "Whole Group", which will often work correctly, but is
>>>not
>>>guaranteed to do so.  To be sure that each group starts on a separate
>>>page,
>>>you need to set the "Force New Page" property of the group's footer to

0
Marshall

system tray new mail icon gone :(
Before i used to have an icon pop up in my system tray when i received a new mail. I accidently hid it one time and it no longer comes back. How can i get it back. I run Outlook Xp on a Win XP pro machine. Thanks in advance.. --minnoce944 Check Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options. MAke sure the checkbox for "show an envelope in the notification area" is checked. If it is, right click on the Windows taskbar. Choose Properties, then customize. Your icon might have just been set to always hide. If so, you can change it to always show. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook...

Paste Filtered Range to New Workbook- AS
Hello, I recorded a macro and additionally used the DG help to construct the following macro; however, I'm not certain how to copy the filtered range (which will vary every time the worksheet is used) or how to find the last row of the workbook to which the data will be pasted. Any help would be great! And thanks in advance. Sub Macro1() Dim wbname As String Dim copyrange As Range Dim LastRow As Range Dim rng As Range ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 12/8/2009 by asagay ' wbname = ActiveSheet.Range("g1").Value & ActiveSheet.Range("j1&qu...

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

Report
I want to build (1) report and have my Record Source be one of three queries based on a selection in an option box on a form. Can I do this? If so, do you have any coding that might get me started? OR Do I need to create three reports and use each query as the record source? Thanks If you have Access 2003 + you can use Reports!MyReportName.RecordSource = "MyQuery" where MyQuery is the name of the query you wish to change to. I don't know if it works with earlier versions. Evi "NEWER USER" <NEWERUSER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C9AA...

Two messages at no data in a report
I have a form with a Click-Buttom for opening a report. In the design mode of the report I have used "At no data" and there included a Messega Box saying "Sorry-there is no data in this report". When having no data i the report and clicking on my buttom in the form I will hav 2 messages. The first one is from my message box "Sorry ...." The second one is from the error handling for the buttom saying "Instructio Open report cancelled" (Translated from Swedish "Instruktionen PoenReport avbröts). A part of the error code for the buttom is...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

Can Process Server only print reports?
OK, another question related to unattended report generation...if I use a process server to run my posting jobs, is it possible to save the output reports instead of printing them? I need to do that because a lot of our reports are so large we don't print them - we keep MDI (or PDF) versions. I suppose I could set the reports to go to an HTML file, but wouldn't they get overlaid whenever a posting job runs (since they always have the same name)? Has anyone dealt with automating the posting report process? Bud, Here is what you could do: 1) You can setup a dummy file name (...

Executive summary for New Deployment
Is there a resource (templates) Microsoft provides about new deployments for Windows 2003 AD / Exchange 2003 for Partners? I am hoping a doc that shows resources use, each phases, what is entailed at each phase, high-level design conideration (inplace upgrade vs. new install) - thank you kindly. The MSA might be useful for you. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/msa/default.mspx "JPaul" <jpaul@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23pao%23$WpEHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a resource (templates) Microsoft provides about new deployments > for Wind...

"Report is being generated" runs forever
Hi Friends, I am facing a funny issue with Report Viewer control in VS 2008 on Windows 7 (with SQL Server 2008). I wrote to partner support also but have not heard from them till now. So I thot of seeking help here. He goes the story: I designed a deployed a report in SQL Server 2008. The report is running fine via the web service (http://localhost/reportserver) & via the report manager (http://localhost/reports) Now I create a asp.net web application in visual studio 2008. I put the report viewer control and access the same report by supplying the information to the con...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) ...

transferring outlook express files to new computer
I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop. I have tried to use the export feature but it is not working. In scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files in order to make this work??? I don't have these programs on my old computer - just OE. I tried copying all the email files/folders into the proper/corresponding directory on my laptop but they just don't show up. I really really don't want to lose all my email. Is there a solution? Many thanks and feel free to email me a julie@crowbold.com ...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Report Writer Dater Function
Hello: Does anyone know how to create a restriction in Report Writer to show the most recent date? I want to obtain the most recent date for the Apply to Document Date field in the body of my report. This field is in the Apply Open File (RM20201). Thanks. childofthe1980s ChildOfThe1980s, I would be more than glad to help if you could further explain what report in particular is this for, is it an aging? If so, would you like the most recent apply to date to display on a summary aging? Not sure I am following what you need. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

'Signature for new messages' which won't work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and if I go to Tools>Options>Mail Format I see I can choose a signature for new messages. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up, and have set a new message signature for each one, e.g.: 1) Home > Sig 1 (default) 2) Work > Sig 2 3) Play > Sig 3 However when I try to create a new e-mail message, it seems impossible to automatically start a new e-mail using my Work or Play accounts, and therefore have the signature automatically entered. So what is the point of this feature if there is no way to use it? I'm sure I'm missing so...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

Load Last Page
I know you can "load first page" In CRM. Is there a way to Load LAST page instead of having to load each page? thank you The easiest way is changing the sort order (click on the appropriate column header). This then displays the "last" page. It's not exactly the same though. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6243B5ED-9377-49CD-8CB3-9E84F1BAE5FA@microsoft.com... >I ...

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...