Report from parameter query with #Error

Hello..I am building a report based on a parameter query. The parameter is a
date range. Everything is working correctly except when there are no records
in the date range specified. The result is correct...(as there are no records
in that date range)...but the parameter text box shows "#Error", instead of
the date range specified. I would like that the date range is given and
instead of just a blank report, that "No Records Found" is shown. I am at
novice level and appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you.
(Just to be clear, if a date range is given and there are records, then the
report shows the date range specified and the appropriate records are
listed...I am having a problem when there are no records in the date range.)
--
Kbelo

Kathy wrote:

>Hello..I am building a report based on a parameter query. The parameter is a
>date range. Everything is working correctly except when there are no records
>in the date range specified. The result is correct...(as there are no records
>in that date range)...but the parameter text box shows "#Error", instead of
>the date range specified. I would like that the date range is given and
>instead of just a blank report, that "No Records Found" is shown. I am at
>novice level and appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you.
>(Just to be clear, if a date range is given and there are records, then the
>report shows the date range specified and the appropriate records are
>listed...I am having a problem when there are no records in the date range.)

Us an expression like this in the data range text box:

=IIf(Report.HasData, [Start date] & " to " & [End Date], "No
records found")

Make sure that the text in the [ ] is **exactly** the same
as the prompt strings in the query.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> Kathy wrote:
>
> >Hello..I am building a report based on a parameter query. The parameter is a
> >date range. Everything is working correctly except when there are no records
> >in the date range specified. The result is correct...(as there are no records
> >in that date range)...but the parameter text box shows "#Error", instead of
> >the date range specified. I would like that the date range is given and
> >instead of just a blank report, that "No Records Found" is shown. I am at
> >novice level and appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you.
> >(Just to be clear, if a date range is given and there are records, then the
> >report shows the date range specified and the appropriate records are
> >listed...I am having a problem when there are no records in the date range.)
>

> Us an expression like this in the data range text box:
>
> =IIf(Report.HasData, [Start date] & " to " & [End Date], "No
> records found")
>
> Make sure that the text in the [ ] is **exactly** the same
> as the prompt strings in the query.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

open two different Access reports

Web query timeout setting.

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Input to custom reports

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

parameter for text

error 553

80070005 error #2

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

CRM Error

Parameters to open SO Manager with your credentials automatically?
Does anyone know of either shortcut target line parameters that would cause you to automatically log in with a specific user/password combo; or even a command prompt parameter? Thanks! ...

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...

#error in the calculated field
Hello, I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. My qeustion is, is it the reason we see the "# error" in the VAT checking field??. I tried to ck formula in the qrid query, nothing wrong Thanks for your explanation -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:33:01 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to >input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. > >My q...

Error when changing average perpetual
I Have the following error in Microsoft Dynamics GP on the screen of average perpetual "Message #10577 Missing" somebody knows about this??? Thankļæ½s. Gabriela Martinez. ...

Query involving Strings : How To Return Matching Data From Both Ta
Good afternoon, I have tried my best on this but am unable to figure it out. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Scenario: Table A contains only one column titled [District]. Let's assume that there are three rows here: 1) Bay Area Rapid Transit 2) San Diego Zoo 3) San Mateo Table B contains other data with these fields: [GeoCode] , [CountOfHourlyEmployees], [CountOfSalaryEmployees]. Let's assume that there are three rows here: 1) West Coast | CA | Bay Area Rapid Transit , 154, 205 2) CA | Southern | Bay Area Rapid Transit , 105, 206 3) Southw...

Report not giving same output on all machines.
I have a report that it supposed to include a number in the total if the percentage is 15%. I round up the %age. All the users are getting the correct total on the report except one user. The total on that machine is coming out to be less. its the same report and same version of Access (2002 - 2003). Cannot figure out why only one computer is having this issue. Thanks in advance. Venus, Pretty hard to say without knowing more details about the query behind the report, or what one PC returns for records, as compared to what the problem PC returns. For example... If ...