Report Footer 02-11-10

I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear
at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the
details section, on the last page of the report.

Is there an easy way for me to force the report footer to the bottom of the
page (like the page footer is)?

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:06:01 -0800, RSteph wrote:

> I'm trying to add some text into a report footer. I want the footer to appear
> at the bottom of the page no matter what. Right now it appears just after the
> details section, on the last page of the report.
>
> Is there an easy way for me to force the report footer to the bottom of the
> page (like the page footer is)?

If it's just a matter of one or two text boxes you wish to print just
on the last page of the report you can add a control to the Page
Footer that calculates [Pages],
i.e. = "Page " & [Page] & " of " & [Pages]
You can make this control not visible if you don't wish to display the
page numbers.
Add the 2 controls to the Page Footer, [Control1] and [Control2].

Then simply code the Page Footer Format event:
Me.[Control1].Visible = Me.[Page] = [Pages]
Me.[Control2].Visible = Me.[Page] = [Pages]

Those 2 controls will only become visible on the last page of the
report (in the Page Footer section).

If you have "lot's" of controls in the report Footer, then:

Make your report as you normally would with the Page Footer and Report
Footer.

Make sure there is a control set to = [Page] & " of " & [Pages] in the
Page Footer.

Then for each control you wish to display on the final page footer,
place an unbound control where it should display.
Set each of these controls Visible properties to No.
(Do not disturb the controls you want to normally display at the
bottom of each page.

Next code the Report' Page Footer Format event:
If [Page] = [Pages] Then
    [PageFooterControlName1] = [ReportFooterControlName1]
    [PageFooterControlName1].Visible = True
    ' Do the same for each other ReportFooter control you wish to show
in the Page Footer.
End If

If you have other controls in the page footer that you do not wish to
display on the final page, set them to Not Visible in the Page Footer
event.

You must leave enough Page Footer Height to print these controls.
I see no reason you can't stack these controls on top of your regular
page footer controls and turn Visible properties on and off as
required.

Next code the Report Footer's Format event:
Cancel = True

Then code the Report Header Format event:

 [PageFooterControlName1].Visible = False
 ' Do the same for each other ReportFooter control you wish to show
in the Page Footer.

The Report Footer information should display at the bottom of the
report where the Page footer normally does.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

GP 10.0 Fresh Installation
I am trying to install GP 10.0 Trial Version on my laptop. Once when I tried half-way through the installation I had to abort installation. Subsequently after uninstalling all the installed component I restarted installation. Pre-requisite component installation window appears and installs Dextrity components. Next when I try installation using Autorun.inf file I get error "Installation Failed". If I try invoking Setup.exe directly nothing happens. Can someone help me? Hi pvravindran If this is a French Canadian Installation, I would recommend you contact Strophe (www.strop...

Help with SQL Query 06-30-10
We have a distinct list of email addresses in alpha order and we need to transform it from a single column into a grid of three columns maintaining the alpha order. The list is contained in a temp table inside of our query. We then use the temp table list and perform case statement with a mod on the row_number in a select statement to columnze the data. However, the columnar data contains a null value in two of the three columns and we are needing to remove the nulls and have the actual values on each row in the output. Here is our current sql: CREATE TABLE #tmpTable ( Email_Add...

Formula In Crystal Reports
Hi All, I'm just starting to learn Crystal right now but it's all very new to me so I was just curious if anyone knows if you can do formulas in it. I'd like to take a custom CRM field called setup cost on a product and add all the values of this field up in a quote. Ie if there are 3 products all with seperate setup costs I want to add those together. Or will this have to be done a different way? Thanks all Tom Hi, Crystal supports both VB and Crystal Reports formulas. the help files are quite good regarding formulas, and the 9.2.2 CR with enhanced edition has an excel...

Turn Off SOP Transfer Log Report
Is there any way to not have the SOP Transfer Log show up? We usually just hit the Cancel button on the Report Destination window but it gets annoying when you transfer 100-150 orders a day. I know you can go into the posting setup to cancel posting reports but I can't find anyway to stop the Transfer Log. -- Scott Scott, No, there isn't a method built in to do this. You'd need a customization using Dexterity or I think you could use VBA to do this as well. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Report width will not shrink
I have a report that was originally designed as legal size, but by eliminating a few columns is now landscape letter size. However I am unable to shrink the width from 12" to 9" - there seems to be something invisible to me in one of the headers, footers or detail sections. I have tried everything to try to select whatever it is that is 12" wide but am unable to find it. I have tried CTRL A for select all, tried highlighting from the top or the side, etc but nothing shows up. It has to be a line or something, but when I preview the report the second page is blank. I ...

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

Parmeters in Reports
Hello, I have a report generated from a query. The field names are add1, add2 and add3, productname. The data in the fields: add1-add3 are the same. I would like to be prompted when I open the report for the data in fields add1, add2 and add3. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Open the query in design view. Add this as criteria for add1 --- [Enter add1 info] If you want the query to return records that have all if the criteria you enter then put criteria for the rest on the same criteria row. Otherwi...

sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-12-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in entourage, and vice versa...? On 2/12/10 2:29 PM, in article 59bb2be3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cccryer@officeformac.com" <cccryer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in > entourage, and vice versa...? Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync? <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_ta...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

IF Statement 02-17-10
The statement below is working good. I need to add a statement to the end that all other numbers will be 200%. Can someone help, please. =(IF(G6=20,"110%",(IF(G6=25,"110%",(IF(G6=50,"110%") Thank you Tina Try this nut note a couple of things, There are no a lot less parenthesis, yo had too many Ive removed the quites from the percent answers. Format your formula cell as percent with as many or as few decimal places as you want If the formula works for you then that's fine but it 'could' produce unwanted results. For example ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Combo Box 11-21-07
Hi I have a database where on the main form (it's a pop-up), there's a combo box that allows the user to select a person's name. That should bring up the record and display the data. However, for some reason, it's stopped working? The Name field at the top of the form now reads "#Name?" even though the field is specified as "Client"&FirstName& and I get an error message of "The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events" Can someone ...

Filter #11
Does anyone know if there are limitations on how many items you can have in a filter? In other words, if you have 50000 items in a list, will it only show 10000 items in the filter because Excel caps it at that #? BT Excel has a limit of 1000 unique items in an autofilter list. All are 'available' via the 'custom' option, but the dropdown will only show 1000 You can test this by 'autofilling' a column past 1000 and then filtering the column. It only shows up to 1000 in the drop-down. (97 - 2003) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

weird sum on report
Hi everyone I'm building a report based on several crosstab qry and it seem ok with values. That report has group values. I want, at some point, a line with totals as well as a line with the difference between 2 lines, like expenses to sales. Quite simple, i guess. Result : not only it doesn't subtract in some grouping/levels, as well it doesn't sum the other 4 lines i need. Is this weird or not? (lol) Tks in advance for all your help. Pedro Pedro, I don't see anything wrong from where I sit. Of course, I can't see your crosstabs, data, grouping levels, expressions, ...

test103 10-02-07
test This is the body of the article ...

Excel 2003 02-04-10
I have version 2003 of excel and love hot keys... Often at work I have to format rows and columns to others nearby.. I have tried to figure out the hotkey for the format painter and cannot it would help out tremendously... So does anyone know the hotkey to copy the formatting of other cells and paste the format to others? Well, you could try Ctrl+c (copy) Alt+est (Paste special - format) If you recorded a macro, this is exactly the same as what the format painter does. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "mma...

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...