Report filter question

Hi,

I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can
not see it.

My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it.  It
is just a logical view of a table.

I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm
trying to debug the code":

        Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))"
        Me.FilterOn = True

I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and
put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL
code.  I then copied that code to the program.

When I run the query with the criteria, the query produces the correct
results.  I then remove the criteria, and run the report.  I put a break in
the code so I know the value of Me.Filter.

However, the filter does not work.  I get all of the data, not just the
members with a MemberType = "MT-S".

Any suggestions?  I know it is something stupid, but I just don't know what
it is.

Dennis

All,

I found it.

I need ot use me.report.filter and me.report.filteron.

Thanks

Dennis

Access 97 Runtime question
We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get a shortcut menu. I want them to be able to Export the report they are viewing. Would Access 2003 runtime have the shortcut menu? Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin dot beaton at mccsa dot c o m> wrote in message news:uiQA0i7zHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. > I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get > a shortcut menu. I want them to be...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Optimiztion question
I was looking at MSDN on optimizing queries (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998577.aspx) and am unclear as to why a foreign key relationship affects the query in this case. At the beginning of the article it gives an example and starts out by saying: The sample screen shot in Figure 14.2 shows an execution plan that accesses only one table, although two tables are included in a join in the query. Because there is a declared foreign key relationship between the authors table and the titleauthor table, and the au_id column in the titleauthor table is not allowed to b...

Using formulas to filter
Is there a way to filter a list by formulas the same way the Data->Filter option works? I'd like to take the matrix: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== Smith 30 $104.2 Yes 52 Jones 31 $155.3 No 51 Jones 31 $422.2 Yes 49 Freer 31 $424.3 Yes 42 Waylan 30 $322.5 No 50 Smith 31 $288.3 Yes 49 etc. And, using a formula, filter on Col B = 31 to produce: Col AA Col AB ...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Frx from Reports Menu in GP
From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead of the Report Designer. How do you change this? Locate the FRXDYN.INI in the application folder you start DynamicsGP. Delete it. Next time you use the Reports--> Financial --> FRX, you should be prompted again for the location. Select the frx32.exe, rather than the frx launch32.exe ------ Robert "6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OkyfOBGvHHA.4332@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead > o...

Changing Costs in Detailed Sales Report
I just opened a new location and I have specified my costs in HQ Mgr under Supplier Tab in Item properties. And I also checked the Supplier tab in Item properties in the Store Ops Mgr, my cost is there. But when I ran a Detailed Sales report for yesterday, some of my items' costs are missing and listed as $0.00. So I open HQ Mgr and issued Worksheet 302 for the new location. I did a couple of test transactions today and ran a Detailed Sales report for today, and it shows the costs of the the test trasactions. But detailed sales report for yesterday still shows $0.00 costs. How do...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Adding % of total sales to a sales report
How would I add a field that shows what percentage is the value of sales for an item compared to the report total? -- Geoff Geoff, Which report and what do you want to see? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.micros...

auto filter data within pivot table
Hello, Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? Can we do that? It doesnt seems to work?! Thanks. Elaine. You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot table's data. To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on the Excel toolbar. elaine wrote: > Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort > the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? > Can we do that? > > It doesnt se...

modify description field in reports
When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen wider but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size. The problem is it cuts off my part numbers on some of my long numbers. Is there a way to overcome this? you must modify the po.xml file directly. "www.choppersapparel.com" <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B4E31D5-10A7-4A99-913D-F8F6E3BD7043@microsoft.com... > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen > wider but when i print it, it defaults ...

Macros/Signatures Question
I have an Excel Workbook that I created for a PC Order Form. I set it up to only make certain rows visible based on the Machine Model that they choose. I digital signed the Worksheets and exported the Digital Signature Certificate and installed it on the User’s PCs. The code works great. The user opens the Workbook and it runs the Macros with no problem. The problem I have is when the user goes to save the Workbook. They get an error that “Excel can not sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. Do you want to remove the digital signature and continue saving this workbook?”...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

Recipient Filtering
EX2k3 SP2 Hi I would like to enable the "filter recipients who are not in the directory" option under Global settings/Message Delivery/Recipient Filtering. However we allow an IIS server in the domain to relay email though the exchange server. If the “filter recipients who are not in the directory" option is selected will this cause e-mail relayed by the IIS server to non AD recipients to fail? Regards SuperPlay Recipient Filtering and Relaying are separate pieces of functionality and as such you should not have any problems. Nue "SuperPlay" <SuperPla...

Simple IMAP question
Hi, How do I enable shared calendar with free/busy information through IMAP ? When I add the "calendar" folder in IMAP it displays as a mail folder, not a calendar. Pierrot Is this calendar a mailbox or public folder? Why are you using IMAP instead of MAPI? MAPI is much more feature complete as it applies to this sort of thing. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Pierrot Robert" <mcthepro@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NzXwrV6GHA.4352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do I...

remove a filter
I have a combobox [cbqrytypes] that I use to filter a form [frmPackaging]. [cbqrytypes] has this simple AfterUpdate event: Private Sub cbqrytypes_AfterUpdate() Me.cbProfileID.Requery Forms![frmPackaging].Form.Refresh Forms![frmPackaging].Form.Requery End Sub The Record Source for [frmPackaging] has [cbqrytypes] in it so everything works just dandy. The challenge is clearing the filter after opening [frmPackaging] from another form. For example, I have other forms with double-click events that will open [frmPackaging] and filter to the primary key value whic...

Questions on migration from VS2005 to VS2010
Hi folks, As is the case every couple of years, I go through a nerve-wracking transition to a new development environment. The thing is, I've become really comfortable with VS2005, and our small team has a very simple and effective approach to development. I am nervous that VS2010 will negatively effect our productivity; but don't want to get too "far behind" toolset versions. So, that being said, I wanted to ask a few questions on what to expect when moving from VS2005 to VS2010 on an upcoming project. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Question...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

Filter two columns with criterion applying to one or the other?
Hi, I am looking for a solution to the following filtering problem: I have two adjacent columns, so using a filter for both of them is no problem. But what I want to do and don't know how to do is this: I want to filter for values greater than x (a certain number, in my case 5000) in any of the two columns. I can filter both columns for x greater than 5000 but that filters out more than I want because there may be some cells with a value greater than 5000 in only one of the two columns. Is there a solution to this problem (using Excel alone or an add-on)? Peter Hi Peter you can use th...

Filtering question
Is there a way to expand the filter option so that it shows 1 row (or more), both above and below any row that contains the value I am looking for? Data|filter|autofilter examines each cell/row on its own. Maybe you can put the key value for each group on the rows you want. Then filter by that column. richzip wrote: > > Is there a way to expand the filter option so that it shows 1 row (or more), > both above and below any row that contains the value I am looking for? -- Dave Peterson ...

how can i use countif function inside a filtered range
How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Hi, Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18="Red")) -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "jayin" wrote: > How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Shane Devenshire wrote on 02/24/2009 02:05 ET : > Hi, > > Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: > > =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18=&quot;Red&quot;)) > > ...

Exchange 2003 Question??
Dear all, I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SA? Thank you. Regards, Kueh. This might help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170280 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message news:exVKwgOKEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard > Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition wit...