report based on a crosstab query

I've created a crosstab query in which row headings are a project number
[ProjNo], column headings are dates [Date] and each of the data fields has a
number of hours.

I built a report based on the query which worked perfectly until I wanted to
change dates. The date field in the report by default uses the actual date
value as a data source rather than the field [Date], so if the date is
different, the report doesn't recognize the new dates. How can I work around
this? Is there a way to 'reset' the dates in the report?

Ivor

0
Ivor

Updating SQL Queries in Excel
Hi, as a newbie I have created queries on several work sheets of a work book. Each one is saved with a different name. This is all working fine. However, when I want to update each query I have to log on individually to each one. I really wanted to log on to the database only once and then have all the queries run and update similtaniously and to avoid have to log on to each one. Can anyone help me with that? You need to create stored procedures. What database is it? HTH Bob "Laura" <lvlandmark@gmail.com> wrote in message news:03c96f3c-8b14-49ef-9ab8-0cf...

Displaying Query Results in a Textbox
Hello I am having a problem getting the results of a query to appear in a textbox. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks JJJJS Please give a few details. -- -Larry- -- <craigalaniz@pobox.com> wrote in message news:1178829331.981143.115990@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello > > I am having a problem getting the results of a query to appear in a > textbox. > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks > > JJJJS > ...

Access reports 04-14-07
I have a record with multiple publications. I'm tring the print a report that will show the draws for Saturday if the publication is the HC,WSJ or NYT and monday draw if the publication is BAR and IBD. I've created a query that gives me all the right information, but cannot combine the two fields into one. Following is an example some far, but can't get it to work. IIf([Pub]="HC" Or "WSJ" Or "WS-AM",[Saturday_Draw], Or IIf([Pub]="BAR" Or "IBD",[Monday_Draw],0)) Thanks,Eddie On Apr 14, 2:46 pm, Ofer Cohen <OferCo...@discussio...

external web query (passworded site)
im trying to pull data from a pay site. I am a member to this site, have username and password etc etc. but whenever i try to pull the web query it gives the error "the web query returned no data" is there a way to implement my u/p into excel so that it automatically logs me into the site so that it can retrieve the data? (the site is investools) -- JustinB ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JustinB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34886 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

cannot drill down from an FRX report to get to the GL detail in Gr
I cannot drill down from an FRX report to get to the GL detail in Great Plains. Can do so on other pcs, not mine. Any thoughts? Both PCs are believed to be installed identical. What happens when you try? -- Charles Allen, MVP "BillM" wrote: > I cannot drill down from an FRX report to get to the GL detail in Great Plains. > Can do so on other pcs, not mine. Any thoughts? Both PCs are believed to > be installed identical. Bill, Please review the FRx IO_Data file mapping. How many desinger and drill down viewers are currently registered? -- Marina Dzyura, MBA, ...

Reporting invoiced sales using sale line items via smartlist
I use the sales order processing module to enter invoices and returns. I created a report that reports sales and returns by sales line items for posted and unposted invoices via the smartlist. However, the report is not accurate because it includes invoices that were voided and adds the amounts for RETURNS to the total. As a result, the results are overstated. 1. What steps do I need to take to ensure that these voided invoices are not included? 2. What steps do I take to ensure the the sales line item for returns are subtratced from the total not added to the total? For voided ite...

Help! ESEUTIL /r (3 character logfile base name)
Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? Thank you so much! "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 ...

A Date Query
I need to create a formula which can do the following: IF the end date (S2) is greater than than 12/31/05, AND the start date (R2) is less than 12/31/05 then...(and I know the formula for here). Any ideas? Thanks? Sam B -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475036 try this: =IF(AND(S2>DATE(2005,12,31),R2<DATE(2005,12,31)),IF TRUE,IF FALSE) Good Luck -- swatsp0p -------...

Base Currency Conversion in Account Transaction Report
My base currency is USD. Account Transaction Report says amount is converted to base currency. Money99 works as it says, but Money 2003 does not. Account transaction amount in Money2003 is not converted to USD. What bug. I did search on google, Money planner has problem with currency too. Does anyone have a quick fix? Thanks in advance ...

Formating Bars based on the value of a bar
I have created a bar chart in an access report. I want the bars to change color based on the value of the specific bar. For example, if the value of a bar is less than 1, it is red, if it is between 1 and 5, it is yellow, if it is greater than 5 it is green. How can I do this? Seems like an easy problem, but I've just spent a couple of hours playing with this and I can't make it work. The problem is that the Value property of the points in the SeriesCollection is not exposed in the VBA interface. It certainly exists (eg. with the chart in design mode, if you hover the mouse...

Multiple reports in a report
Hello: I'm trying to create a report that shows the customer's mailing address on the first page, page numbers are "1 of X", account activity is sorted by [start date] to [end date]. I can do this easily for a single customer. But when I run a range of account numbers I run into trouble. The first customer's address appears on the first page, but subsequent addresses don't appear at all. Page numbers are 1 of 324, etc. Access is running a single report for a hundred customers - but what I want is 100 seperate reports, each with unique headers and footers. ...

How to append query w/lookup fields....
I have a table that I need to append w/new records on a weekly basis. format of original info: UserName TimeStamp RequestType #OfRequests Source pettaj 11/10/2009 ACT notes 2 BR Split the data into UserName, RequestType & Source table - as this information fairly static and the request is in Request table. When appending the Request table with the weekly data the Date & Number of Request, populates just fine, but the UserName, RequestType & Source ends up being blank (these are all lookup field to other tables). What do I need to do? Thanks! -- Krys...

Query related to Worker Thread & MessageBox?
Hi I have an Windows Explorer type MFC SDI Application. In my application i am doing heavy processing using worker threads so that the main thread donot hangs(during a heavy process) & keeps processing user requests. Now at the time the heavy process(finding files/folders in logical drive) is executing, the GUI is also being updated via ::SendMessage() function from worker thread to the primary thread. Following are updated: --> In tree view folders are added. --> In List View files are added in Report view. --> Progress bar status bar pane 0 is updated. --> Status bar pane...

Report Card-like format
I don't know the best NG for this questions, so I guess that's why they've got excel.misc <g>. I have a simple table of data like this: Date Field1 Field2 Field3 7/14/2003 123 254 75 7/15/2003 201 10 124 7/16/2003 215 258 2 7/17/2003 78 8 89 7/18/2003 125 186 582 7/19/2003 254 45 257 7/20/2003 200 199 89 The table is always the same size, but the data changes as the days go by. What I'd like to do is have the table look like a card. Sort of like a report card or other. My idea is a rectangle ...

Problem With Dialog Form Linked To Generate Report
I have No idea why this code is still not working. let me explain what I did 1. Created a popup form "Dialog General Purchase" 2. Placed a List Box which collects the Company Names from "General Purchase Detail Querry" The feild for Company name is "Pur CompanyName" Grouped them so they are not duplicated. 3. Placed a Button on the "Dialog General Purchase" Form 4. in the properties of the button on clik i cliked on CODE BUILDER and entered the following code. DoCmd.OpenReport "General Purchase Detail", , , "[pur company...

How concatenate firstname and lastname in one report control?
I tried =([Lastname] & ", " & [Firstname]) and it did not like it. mscertified wrote: > I tried =([Lastname] & ", " & [Firstname]) > and it did not like it. Lose the parenthesis. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com mscertified, You have participated in the NGs enough that you should realize "it did not like it" isn't an appropriate description of your results. If you saw #error then I expect the name of your control is the same as the name of one of your fields. -...

Sorting based on Formated fields
Is it possible to sort a spreadsheet using formatting as a criteria. I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows, and the fonts for several of the rows have been changed to indicate edited rows. Steve Hi Steve i already gave you one possible answer for this. Have you tried the solution or did you encounter problems with the solution? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve Piper wrote: > Is it possible to sort a spreadsheet using formatting as a criteria. > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows, and the fonts for > several of the rows have been changed to indica...

Query Based Distribution Groups Comment ?
Hi i can't find a way to put a comment in a Query Based Distribution Groups. It's strange cause in outlook you have a field where the comment should appear. Do i miss something? Hi, Based on my research, this field is remained for users to develop their own application. Query-based distribution Group is brought by Exchange 2003, it is not a typical Windows AD group object. So we cannot modify some unique attributes of it in ADUC, such as the Notes field shows in Outlook address book. The interface name is "info", we can modify this field in ADSIedit 1. Install W...

Creating a text file from a query using a form
Hi, From my ade application I need to export a query into a file with a delimiter text so it can be imported by an additional application. I use the following cmd to create a file: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "myReport" DoCmd.OpenView stDocName, acViewNormal, acEdit And then I use a txt file to save the output. Unfortunately, the output format is not what I need. The format should be something like: 1st column = 10 characters, 2nd column= 4 characters and so on. Reason being is that my second application can read and import the text. How should I go b...

Setting Fieldname in query with a combobox
I want to set the fieldname for columns in a query by having the user select from a combobox. - What is the right expression to be put in the fieldname in Designmode? - Do I have to list the tables where the possible fieldnames are referring to? - How do I specify the table name? Right now I have this expression: Expr3: Forms!frm1inserttable.Combo29.Column(2) But it is a undefined function according to the error I get. Where column 2 refers to a tablecolumn with text like: Idbook or BCert. Because [Dtblissuelegal]![Idbook] and [Dtblissuelegal]![BCert] are...

Reports 2006
I added some accounts for my wife and we share a checking and savings account at the same back. Money asked if I would like to track all the accounts from this bank and I said no, of course. I don't want the same account tracked twice. Well, Money thought it would be a good idea to ignore that I didn't want to track the accounts. I have closed the accounts and told money to leave them out of my reports. Well, money has decided to ignore this too and it is screwing up all my reports. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks, Jack ...

Getting revenue sum into report
We are new to CRM, and I have been tasked with working on reporting. We would like to create a report that shows estimated revenue totals by Status Reason. So we would see the sum of the estimated revenue for all opportunities that are in the “Business to be Closed” stage, the sum for all in the “Business Closed” stage, etc. I am guessing that I can take an Excel version of the report and manipulate it, but there must be a cleaner way to do it, since one week there may be 15 items in a particular stage, and next week only 3 items, so where would we put the cell that sums the data? As ...

Sending an Access report to specific email addresses?
Hello, I'm creating an MS Access form for employees to use when reporting errors with our GIS (geographic information systems) data. One option I'd like to add to the form is the ability to automatically email an error report to the GIS personnel so that they instantly know when there's a data error/issue. I've been able to figure out how to make a button that creates an Outlook message with an attachment of the error report, but I'd like for this email message to automatically have two email addresses populated in the "To:" field of Outlook. I'm just not...

Formatting Rows / Columns of a Report
Ok i am having trouble wrapping my brain around this one. I have a table, tblTotals, with Fields: Station, WeekEnd, Revenue. (text, date, number respectively). The WeekEnd date is always a Friday. Here is some example data: ATL 1/9/2009 2000 BWI 1/9/2009 5000 LAX 1/9/2009 8000 ATL 1/16/2009 3500 .... I need to create a report that is similar to a CrossTab Query in format. Not sure if that is possible. So the Row Headers would be the Stations, and the Column Headers would be the WeekEnd Dates. i.e. 1/9/2009 1/16/2009 ...

Reports errors
hi, we tried to edit a report in MSCRM 3.0 but recieved the following errors? any advice? Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Source Error: An unhandled exception...