Reference page header to query parameters

How do you reference a page header in a report to return the parameter that
you selected in your query?  For example, I have two calculated fields in my
final query based on two other queries.  The two other queries contain the
parameters.  The parameters are for month, year and quarter.  So if I answer
my parameters like:

Month1:  2
Year1: 2010
Qtr1:  1
Month2: 1
Year2: 2010
Qtr: 1

I want my report headers to reference my selections and return in my
report’s page header:

Feb 2010 Qtr1		Jan 2010 Qt1

I’ll be so incredibly relieved if I can get this to work.  I’ve wasted a
colossal amount of time trying to build an unbound form to do this but it
seems to be out of my reach.  I sure hope this isn’t too complicated.  Thanks
for any help.

Kay

IMO, there is no good reason to use parameter prompts in queries. All user
interaction should be through controls on forms.

That said, you can simply place the same parameter in columns. Assuming you
have a parameter like [Enter Year], you can create a new column in your query
of:

   EnteredYear: [Enter Year]

Again ;-) a much more professional solution is to always use controls on
forms for user interaction.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"AccessKay" wrote:

> How do you reference a page header in a report to return the parameter that
> you selected in your query?  For example, I have two calculated fields in my
> final query based on two other queries.  The two other queries contain the
> parameters.  The parameters are for month, year and quarter.  So if I answer
> my parameters like:
>
> Month1:  2
> Year1: 2010
> Qtr1:  1
> Month2: 1
> Year2: 2010
> Qtr: 1
>
> I want my report headers to reference my selections and return in my
> report’s page header:
>
> Feb 2010 Qtr1		Jan 2010 Qt1
>
> I’ll be so incredibly relieved if I can get this to work.  I’ve wasted a
> colossal amount of time trying to build an unbound form to do this but it
> seems to be out of my reach.  I sure hope this isn’t too complicated.  Thanks
> for any help.
>
> Kay

Thanks you so very much for this answer!!!  Not what I really want but it
will have to do.

I definitely agree with you that the unbound form is the way to go but it
seems you have to be very experienced in order to build one for the
parameters that I described...believe me, I've tried!!!

Thank you,
Kay

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> IMO, there is no good reason to use parameter prompts in queries. All user
> interaction should be through controls on forms.
>
> That said, you can simply place the same parameter in columns. Assuming you
> have a parameter like [Enter Year], you can create a new column in your query
> of:
>
>    EnteredYear: [Enter Year]
>
> Again ;-) a much more professional solution is to always use controls on
> forms for user interaction.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "AccessKay" wrote:
>
> > How do you reference a page header in a report to return the parameter that
> > you selected in your query?  For example, I have two calculated fields in my
> > final query based on two other queries.  The two other queries contain the
> > parameters.  The parameters are for month, year and quarter.  So if I answer
> > my parameters like:
> >
> > Month1:  2
> > Year1: 2010
> > Qtr1:  1
> > Month2: 1
> > Year2: 2010
> > Qtr: 1
> >
> > I want my report headers to reference my selections and return in my
> > report’s page header:
> >
> > Feb 2010 Qtr1		Jan 2010 Qt1
> >
> > I’ll be so incredibly relieved if I can get this to work.  I’ve wasted a
> > colossal amount of time trying to build an unbound form to do this but it
> > seems to be out of my reach.  I sure hope this isn’t too complicated.  Thanks
> > for any help.
> >
> > Kay

Excel2000: Is there a way to use name as parameter for ODBC query from Excel table
Hi I have an Excel workbook where dates, started from 01.01.2003 and up to some year in future (2011 at moment), along with some other information (i.e. workday/weekend/holiday, working hours etc.), are listed. This table is read into another workbook, using ODBC query. But the problem is, that I don't need all those future dates. I can't use any functions exept MIN, MAX, SUM and COUNT in query from Excel files, but is there a way to pass a name as parameter. P.e. I define a name: CurrDat=TODAY() and use it in query's WHERE condition, like .... WHERE MyTable.Datefield Is Not Null...

CRM Error

Parameter Problem 03-14-08
I want to change the value in a txt box (or combo box) & then after update, populate a tree list control based on the value. It gets hung up when the rstCategory opens using the SQL. Here is the code: Public Sub PopulateTree() Dim rstCategory As New ADODB.recordset, rstComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim rstSubComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim tvwTree As Object Dim nodX As Node Dim I As Integer Dim blnAllRecs As Boolean Dim SQL As String Set tvwTree = Me.tvwItems 'Renumber all items RenumberItems 'Clear out all current items tvwTree.N...

Send this page as message.
I'm trying to send a publication as a message, and when sent from one computer, it is always received as plain text. When sent from a different computer it sends ok. Creating a new document and sending it in the same manner works fine on the computer that doesn't send the message in question. I have tried for over an hour, changing this setting and that setting with no results. Can someone point me in a direction to look. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Inserting file in a header
Using Word 2007. I have an existing file that I use as the header on second and subsequent pages of letterhead paper. In Word 2003, I would just Insert / Filename in the header and be done (after choosing "different first page"). In Word 2007, I start with a blank Header, but when I go to insert the Filename (Insert/Text/Object/Text from File/Filename), nothing happens. What's wrong? Inserting a file into the header certainly works for me. Are you sure that the file you are inserting hasn't been damaged? Have you tried a different file? -- Stefan Blo...

Date in Report/Query
Hi. I have a report that has worked up until this past week. The query behind the report has the following expression: DateAuth: Format([CredAuthDate],"mm/dd/yy") If I type in 12/31/09....report works fine. Type in anything with "10" as the year and it fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I take off the format for the field it works. Is something different for the year 2010? This is an Access 2003 database. Thanks... I suggest applying criteria to an 'unformatted' field and turn off the display by unchecking the 'Sh...

pivoting query
Have a query, 40 records and 40 fields [changes a bit depending on data], that I would just like to "pivot clockwise 90 degrees". Would be the equivalent of dropping it into Excel, then copy current range and transpose. All the necessary values are in the records, there are no calculations required. Have tried numerous strategies w/pivot table view, crosstab, etc. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanx. - Mike It's hard to imagine what you're looking at there (at least for me), but I'm thinking, if you know how to do what you want t...

How to change font for cross-references
I have been a WORD user for years, but I still cannot work out how to make a cross-reference appear as a link. When I create a cross-reference it just appears as normal text (unlike applying a hyperlink). Is this a default and somewhere you can opt for colored text and an underline? And what is the point of a x-ref that cannot be identified as a x-ref until you actually hover over it? Unless I am missing something really basic, that seems really stupid. Word is still geared toward print, in which a hyperlink is pointless and hyperlink formatting (blue and underlined) ...

Restored archived messages- Headers but no Body
Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these emails. Is there another way to see .pst files Shay <joshua@channelintegration.com> wrote: > Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I > double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these > emails. > Is there another way to see .pst files File>Open>Outlook Data File is the best way to open a PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

random pages
I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung function data based on gender, age and height. I have applied formulas to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal, restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.) Currently the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung abnormalities. I would like to present data from random pages in a work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the abnormality be named a simulated patient name. My questions. Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to ...

Conditional Query Data in a Report
Is there a way to include the search criteria from a query in a report? More specifically, I use a date condition in a query to produce a report, and I'd like to add the date entered in the message box to the report. Is there a way to do that? If you are trying to do this using only a query and a report, I'm not familiar with a way. If you want to do this, the one way I know of is to use a form to "collect" the criteria that your query uses, then refer to the value entered in the form from within the report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "sil...

crm for outlook with offline access disables download headers
Hi All For several years I have been unable to use the facility in outlook 2003/2007 to "download headers" or "on slow connections download headers". The full message would be downloaded irrespective of the setting in outlook. I had pretty much given up as I had been unable to get a response from Outlook newsgroups or find anything on the web. I recently saw a similar issue caused by an outlook addin and by a process of elimination have determined it is CRM for outlook with offline access addin. Setting the addin to online or offline makes no difference but disa...

How do I jump to a previous page when editing
I am editing a document, I want to jump back to a previous page, several pages back, that I was working on but do not know the page number. Is there a short cut to do this? Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown take you to the top of the preceding/next page. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Wordsmith" <Wordsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B562A85-0F22-432E-A6F6-23B669B50110@microsoft.com... > I am editing a document, I want to jump back to a previous page, several > pag...

Email header info
I'm starting to get spam from my own domain. That is, someone is spoofing the From to have the same domain as the To. In some messages, the From and To are identical; I'm receiving spam from myself. Is there any way in Outlook 2003 to identify these spoofed From addresses and automatically dump them into the Junk directory? By the way, I occasionally send messages to myself--particularly when I'm traveling. So I can't merely assume that messages that I send to myself are spam. Thanks. Charley No. There's no effective way to tell the difference - but maybe you should...

Query Timeout error
Hi There, I sometimes get the following error when I execute a SQL 2005 stored procedure using ADO VBA in Access 2003. -2147217871 MS ODBC SQL Server Driver Timeout Expired The ODBC Query Timeout Reg key is set to 0 and the SQL Server remote query timeout options are configured as in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314530/en-us I never get this when I execute the stored procedure in SSMS Express. Another oddity is that the query usually succeeds even when I get the error. Are there any other settings to try? TIA, Josh ...

Subform's Query
I have created a form and a sub form in it. I have radio buttons, now what I want is that if first radio button is select Form-A opens in subform and when I select second radio button, Form-B opens in subform. I have created a Event_Procedure for After_Update radio buttons like this: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Radio_A...

Pasting Word pages into Excel
Hi, I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manage to see the first page. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance. Regards Sze Mei You can double-click on the embedded Word document, and view all the pages, but when it's not active, only the first page is visible. You could create twelve separate one-page Word documents, and embed each of those in your Excel file. Ginger wrote: > Hi, > > I wanted to paste a Word file into Excel. My Word file > contains 12 pages. When I paste into Excel, I only manag...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Web query time out problem
Hi, I have a workbook with around 350 sheets each with a web query in. If try to update all, about a half of the sheets will successfully updat before the message 'www..... The access to this internet site ha exceeded the allotted time'. Can anyone suggest a workaround? For example would it be possible t update the web queries in batches of 100? Thanks, Berti -- claytor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1161 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

Montly Query
Hi everyone, I need your help in constructing a query that reads the data field in the table, so it only returns the dates asked. What i need now (and i hope to start gainning enough knowhow to do it miself) it to bild a query (12 of them) for 1 month. January of instance, displaying all the entries betwen 01-01-2007 and 31-01- 2007. This should be simple, but iam still learning, so sorry for being a noob ;D TY -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com How about one query where you specify the date range? In the criteria "cell" under your Date fields enter the foll...

word on mac opens and views in 2 pages i want 1 page view default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel when i open a word document i receive, the view is 2 page to the screeen, this is too hard to read, i want i page per scren, how do i default it to this to make my reading easier Adjust the Zoom on the document, then save it. Each document opens at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. Word 2008 does not give you a way to specify a default size. Older versions of Word enable you to use a macro to set the zoom, but Word 2008 has no macros. Cheers On 24/01/10 7:23 PM, in article 59bb187d.-1@webcr...

Web Query
To import data from a web site use a web query. Kim Boyd ...

How do I design a web page in MicroSoft Word?
I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am I missing? I can not figure out how to bring the wizard up to help me. On 12/1/09 2:25 PM, in article 5CFCCA9C-64BB-44FE-A9FB-3CA15854E157@microsoft.com, "lotsofquestions" <lotsofquestions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am taking a course online and need to design a web page using MicroSoft > Office. I saw in Power Point that it can help to create web pages....what am > I missing? I can not figure...

Date parameter for report
In the Crystal Report viewer we had for CRM 1.2, when a parameter was a date, it would show something like the datetime picker control. With CRM 3 and SSRS, I've only been able to use a text box type control for the users to type in the date they want. Is there a way to show a calendar-type view for the users to click on a date for a date/time report parameter? Thanks. Hi, Date Picker control is available in SRS 2005 but not in SRS 2000. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail do...