Queries - stop repeating?

I have the following query (for example):

countofstates             color
3                               red
8                               blue
7                               orange
2                               purple
9                               yellow

I would like to display this table on a report, but when I do it
repeats 6 times.  How do I only get this information to appear once?

Thanks in advance.

0
lecoughlin

Try a Totals query...
Color             States
GroupBy        Count

--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

<lecoughlin@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the following query (for example):
>
> countofstates             color
> 3                               red
> 8                               blue
> 7                               orange
> 2                               purple
> 9                               yellow
>
> I would like to display this table on a report, but when I do it
> repeats 6 times.  How do I only get this information to appear once?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Al

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Workbench vs. Quantities Query Help
When i am looking at an item in Workbench and I drill into it shouldn't the PAB in Workbench for all sites be equal to the NET in Quantities queries for all sites on that same item? I drill in on any given day and get a different NET. I manually net out the item based on what is showing for PO's, MO's etc. (all demand and supply) and the NET in the Quantities queries window is correct so i am confused about where the number in Workbench is coming from or is there something wrong with the data?? -- Thanks Knavas Yes it should. You might try running a Reconcile on the in...

Gettting an SQL snippet from a query
Given: select cde from mytable; A1% BV7% CV5% What SQL will give me the following as a result (SQL snippet): where cde like 'A1%' or cde like 'BV7%' or cde like 'CV5%' Thanks. AA2e72E (AA2e72E@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Given: > > select cde from mytable; > > A1% > BV7% > CV5% > > What SQL will give me the following as a result (SQL snippet): > > where cde like 'A1%' or cde like 'BV7%' or cde like 'CV5%' It is far from clear what you are asking for, but if I make a b...

FRx 6.7 repeating login prompts
Greetings: I wanted to see if anyone was running FRx 6.7 and having the following problem when logging into a company within FRx Report Designer. Normally, when we login in 6.5, FRx will prompt us to enter a username and password to login to the company. In a test version of 6.7 that we have setup, we are finding that even if we enter the correct 'sa' password, FRx prompts again for a username and password to be entered. Sometimes it only prompts once, sometimes it is a few times, sometimes I don't think it is ever going to stop. Once we finally get logged in, every...

Arrow keys stopped working
Excel 2002. Suddenly I cannot move from cell to cell by the arrow keys. I must use the cursor and click on the new cell. ??? -- Walter Donavan Author of "Revelation: The Seven Stages of the Journey Back to God" www.revelation7stages.com www.1stbooks/bookview/15479 Cancel that. Detect and Repair fixed it. > Excel 2002. Suddenly I cannot move from cell to cell by the arrow keys. I > must use the cursor and click on the new cell. ??? Walter, Most likely, your Scroll Lock key was enabled. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

Stopping alert@mobile.live
I signed up about 10 years ago through hotmail to get alerts sent to my phone. My hotmail account is no longer valid for about 8 years now. I'm still getting the alerts and would like them to stop. How can I stop them from comming when I don't even remember what my old email address was? There is no contact anywhere that I can find. And the phone company says they cann't block it either. Thanks Mark Lane HotMail still exists under the new guise of Windows Live ID. Try this link & perhaps you can get "reminded" of your password or at least use the Contact link t...

Self Join Query / Second highest value in query
I have a table containing service history for vehicles. I'm trying to put together a report to display what services have been completed on each vehicle for the current period & if the services were carried out within a tolerance based on the vehicle mileage. I've tried a few combinations of dlookup, attempted self join queries etc. to determine the mileage of the service prior to the current one to work out these intervals between services. The second highest value in a query or dlookup/dmax seems to be beyond my reach. Could anyone point me in the best direction to overco...

Auto filter Query??
Hi hope this is possible. I would like to run a macro that uses a custom filter to do the following a Date is enetered into j18 (start date) and a date entered into k18 (end date) is it possible to use auto filter to run a custom macro where as the criterias are >= j18 and < k18 How would i accomplish this, any help with some code would be useful i tried the following without much success Sub daterange() Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=">=Cell(j18)", Operator:= _ xlAnd, Criteria2:="<Cell(j18)" End Sub HYCH Steve On Mar 3, 3...

append query discrepancy
I have an append query that is outputting to a table that I use for mail merge. The problem is in the table view of my query, I see the correct information in certain fields like "City, State, Zip" in the regular format of, say, "Elmira, NY 14905". When I go into the table that the query is outputting to, in the "city, state, zip" field I get a number, which corresponds to the ID Autonumber that corresponds with each city, state, and zip in the table the query is pulling it off of. Any idea how to fix this? I can send a copy of the mdb. Please feel free to...

How do I change a repeating word in a document to something else?
I am a writer. I need to change the name of a character and it appears dozens of times in my manuscript. To change it manually will be very laborious. Is there a way to change the name once and have it change all othe other places it occurs in the text? On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:35:01 -0800, Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am a writer. I need to change the name of a character and it appears dozens >of times in my manuscript. To change it manually will be very laborious. Is >there a way to change the name once and have it change all othe other pla...

Using check boxes to select criteria to run query
I need some help. I have 5 check boxes. There is one for each country of Canada UK USA France Germany And i want the users to be able to tick which countries they wish to view data for. The data is in a table with a column for country. Please help as I am stuck. Many Many thank you. Natalie Rather than checkboxes I would use an Option Group set to display checkboxes. Only one can be selected at a time but you can include one to show all. When using the Option Group create a table -- tblCountry -- Num Country 1 Canada 2 UK 3 USA 4 Franc...

copying files with query(s), the query is still linked to the ori.
When copying or saving a file with a new name that contains query(s), the query keeps linked to the original file. How can the query be copied and linked to the new file. How can this be overcome? ...

Queries to fill a Report fo a Government Form
In a form to be completed by the institution, the Government requests to insert the total number of tuition fees in a box for the previous (2009) year for each student. There are 3 terms: winter, summer and autumn and In each term, the student must have participated in >= 7 hours of courses (or 7 credits) What would be the queries to create to generate the report which will print the form? Thank you very much. >>insert the total number of tuition fees in a box for the previous (2009) year for each student. Confused I am. Is it to be the dollar total or the number...

Add a line/row number in front of query results
How can a add a line number in front of the returned query results? Example: If a query returns 3 records: Dog Cat Mouse I would like to query to return the results with line numbers: 1 Dog 2 Cat 3 Mouse The query would add line/row numbers for the returned results. Thank you in advance, I have asked this question in the past but having a hard time in trying to explain this simple concept or maybe its not so simple. Michael Kintner RowNum Sample SELECT (SELECT COUNT(*)+1 FROM PERMISSIONS P1 WHERE P1.ID < P.ID) AS ROWNUM, P.* FROM PERMISSIONS P HTH Pieter "Michael Kint...

using MIN in a query
Hi all, I'm building a query and i would like to pull all the data from the same row where specifc column indicate the MIN function how should i do it? On Mar 30, 7:19 am, "thread" <yaniv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I'm building a query and i would like to pull all the data from the > same row where specifc column indicate the MIN function > how should i do it? Are you saying that you want to say pull the record of a person that has the lowest point total or something along those lines. I think that is what you are trying to do, but I had trouble u...

Need a query to get rid of duplicates using two tables
I have 2 tables - one -A - has 100 records - the other - B - has 150 records - they have a common field NAME - table B has the same 100 records as table A, plus 50 more - I want to create a table with only the 50 records that are not unique to both tables. The tables I'm dealing with have much more than 100 records so I need a query to take out the common records and leave only the unique 50 records from table B. This is not the typical "duplicate records" query as it relates to two tables. Help!?! Susan This sounds like you want to use the unmatched query wizar...

Cannot run make-table query
When I run a make-table query in my Access 2003 database, I receive error: Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'Measures'. Please note that I can open table Measures (linked) and edit, add, or delete data in table view, so I believe the message is misguided. While this may possibly be security related, it should not be. We had put this database through the security wizard, but when deployment did not work out, I did the following three things: 1. Gave Admin full rights on all objects. 2. Added Admin to the Admins group, which has full rights. 3. Gave the Users group f...

ipconfig error: unable to query host name
I am working through a router with one main computer, a wireless laptop, and a second desktop computer. When everything is plugged in, the second desktop computer (which runs Windows XP Home Edition) shows it is connected to the Internet, but when running a browser (in this case Internet Explorer) I get the "The page cannot be displayed" error. I've tried to run an "ipconfig" through the command prompt and I get this error: Windows IP Configuration An internal error occurred: the request is not supported. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for fu...

Query Optimization
I have a table with the following structure (plus a couple of other unused columns): dtDateTime; intID; intValue There are multiple entries with the same dtDateTime value such as: 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 1, 10 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 2, 34 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 3, 23 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 4, 75 The goal is to get a result with the following structure: dtDateTime; ID1; ID2; ID3; ID4... Example results: 1/1/2010; 10; 34; 23; 75 One way to accomplish this is as follows: SELECT T0.dtDateTime, T1.Val AS ID1 T2.Val AS ID2, T3.Val AS ID3, T4.Val AS ID4 FROM (SELECT DISTINCT dtDateTime FROM...

Microsoft Query Crashes!
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. trying to create a new database query and in the status bar it says: "waiting for data to be returned from microsoft query" and hangs What's happening?! Regards Stefano Could be you don't have the proper access, (driver), or "rights" to the data you seek. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "buattis@anz.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. > > trying to create a new database query and in the status bar it says: > > "waiting for data to be returned fr...

Report Using Crosstab Query
I am trying to build a report that has week ending dates across the top (example 12/22/07, 12/29/07, 1/5/08) and Driver Names down the left side. I would like to have the report populate a scheduled date that falls in between the range. My crosstab query only tries to count or sum the dates. There is a solution for creating crosstab reports based on date intervals at http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5466. This uses months but it shouldn't be too difficult to change to weeks. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www....

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

Repeating Information
Is there a way to have a field(s) only appear once on a page with multiple columns? It seems silly to have it repeat the information that is constant again in the next column. I just need the variable information to be in the next column. For example, the listing of sizes are the constant and only need to be listed once on the left side of the page and the pricing for the different items listed in each column to the right of the sizes. It can be done by creating a crosstab query where size is the row, item is the column and price is the value. You would then create a crosstab ...

Repeated Password Prompts In Outlook
Anyone in NYC.RR.COM having a problem with Outlook (2003) asking for your password over and over again? It just started last night and doesn't seem to matter if I check the retain password box. I just hit OK and it goes ahead and retrieves mail from the server, but it's getting kind on annoying. A_C I've seen this in OL 2002 and before where the 2Gig .pst file size is being approached or has been surpassed. You might want to check the folder size of your .pst outlook is using to receive mail. There was also a fix on MS's website, i don't remember what it was, but I ...

How do I stop Outlook Today from starting at start up?
Every time I start my PC Outlook Today starts up and i don't want it to, how do I stop it. By removing the Outlook shortcut from your Win Startup Folder "April3525" <April3525@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F45277-0D94-47C6-BECA-FCB6500683DB@microsoft.com... > Every time I start my PC Outlook Today starts up and i don't want it to, > how > do I stop it. ...