Printing report with No data

I have a series of reports in an Access 2003 database.  Currently I have them
set that if there is no data for a particualr report period the report comes
up with is headings and such but where the data is it says NONE.  The problem
comes when I nest the report into the "Weekly Report" Then instead of showing
up as above it just simply does not show up.  I assume it has something to do
with it being a subreport inside the Weekly Report, but how do I fix it so it
will show up with the NONE.

Thanx!
RHM

RedHeadedMonster

RedHeadedMonster via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>I have a series of reports in an Access 2003 database.  Currently I have them
>set that if there is no data for a particualr report period the report comes
>up with is headings and such but where the data is it says NONE.  The problem
>comes when I nest the report into the "Weekly Report" Then instead of showing
>up as above it just simply does not show up.  I assume it has something to do
>with it being a subreport inside the Weekly Report, but how do I fix it so it
>will show up with the NONE.

Your analysis is correct, subreports display nothing when
they have no data.

The usual way to do what you want is to put a label control
(with caption None) on top of the subreport and make it
visible when the subreport is empty.  The code in the
subreport's section's Format event would be like:

	Me.label.Visible = Not Me.subreportcontrol.Report.HasData

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>I have a series of reports in an Access 2003 database.  Currently I have them
>>set that if there is no data for a particualr report period the report comes
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>with it being a subreport inside the Weekly Report, but how do I fix it so it
>>will show up with the NONE.
>
>Your analysis is correct, subreports display nothing when
>they have no data.
>
>The usual way to do what you want is to put a label control
>(with caption None) on top of the subreport and make it
>visible when the subreport is empty.  The code in the
>subreport's section's Format event would be like:
>
>	Me.label.Visible = Not Me.subreportcontrol.Report.HasData

RedHeadedMonster

Fixed Aseet report
We have a fixed asset report printing differently from all other reports. seems like it's been stretch out. any idea why this happened? Thanks for your help. No, but that's the way the report prints for everybody. -- Charles Allen, MVP "hlv" wrote: > We have a fixed asset report printing differently from all other > reports. seems like it's been stretch out. any idea why this happened? > > Thanks for your help. > > ...

Report will not print
RMS2.0 SP2 When I print any report, 90% of the time, it will only print the report header and NO other information. When I print to a PDF file it will ALWAYS print the entire report properly. I spoke to MS tech support and they said to change the store logo to the BMP which I did, still no good. Any suggestions? I am using a USB Canon printer, the reports have been printing correctly in the past. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I am completely lost. Haik, Can you print any other reports? Maybe something is wrong with the report formatting, so the field does...

Report in HQ
I would like a report that compares differnt stores cost and price. I can get it to run a report that shows everyitem in both stores but i would like one that just displays the diffenrt ones so i dont have to look at all 8,ooo items. Not sure if i need to export it out to excel but even if that is the case not sure how i would make it only display the ones that have differnt prices and cost per store. Been there. Done that. Have the t-shirt. I can send if you will leave your e-mail address. "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote: > I would like a report that compares differnt stores co...

Combo Box from data in another tab
Is it possible to create a combo box from data that's in another tab? I have a combo box that's from data in hidden columns. But now I need to move all that hidden data to another tab in the same file. But when I go into properties and go to the ListFillRange option, it won't let me enter another tab name. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 I have called data from another tab with a combo box by doing th following: First - name the range of the data on the other tab. This can be don with the shortcut on the toolbar (l...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Sort and report category items
I'm an Excel rookie using Excel 2008. And this is probably a very beginner question. Example of problem: Sheet has three(3) columns (A, B, C) with the first two being text cells. A: Organization type B: Organization name C: Organization $ The rows contain the information for each year and then within each year a row for each organization reporting that year. I'd like to create a report with: A List of all organizations by each type and not repeat the names. This would look like: Type 1: Company X Company Z Type 2: Company Y Type 3: Company M Compa...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

converting plain data to table format
It has been a while since I used excel but I am almost sure there is a way to convert just plain rows and columns of data into a table format. This way I believe that adding rows to this block of data is as simple as tabbing after the last cell and it should just drop down to the next row and insert one??? correct?? Excel should recognize a contiguous range as a table, or list. Include headings in the first row, and leave at least one blank row and column between the table and other items on the worksheet. You can use the built-in data form to add records to the table (Data>Form). Or,...

Data Migration Framework 08-04-04
Hi, I am not understanding something pretty fundamental regarding the Data Migration Framework (DMF). I am looking to migrate a limited number of records (approx 1K) from Goldmine into MS CRM as Account records. I understand that the DTS in SQL can be used to load the data into the CDF database. On page 73 of the Data Migration Framework Guide (v1.2) it states that you use the Goldmine export utility to extract data from Goldmine. However, how do you use DTS to load this data into the CDF database as Goldmine exports it into Excel? Also, using the export facility in Goldmine you can only e...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

Print preview background missing
I have View:Picture:Detailed Display selected. I have File:Print:Advanced Print Settings:Graphics and Fonts:Print full-resolution linked graphics selected. However, I only see my text, and no backgrounds or images in the Print Preview. What am I missing? Thanks! No doubt you are missing an updated video/graphics driver. See the third FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "7imothy" <7imothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC8ADC93-F...

Printing 2 worksheets to a 2 sided document
Is there any way to print - front to back - 2 seperate worksheets? Turn the paper over and print the second worksheet???? Maybe you can create a worksheet with a picture of both ranges on it: Insert a new worksheet Edit|copy the first range shift-Edit|Paste Picture Link (on that new worksheet) Back for the second range and shift-edit|Paste picture link (right near your first pasted picture link). (insert a nice page break, too) And by pasting a link, you can change the original range and your picture will update right away. (Keep that worksheet as long as you want and print from there???)...

cannot modify reports in Report Writer
Whenever I tried to put some text in a report, these text turned to be "String Missing" two words in the report. How to solve this problem? Please help. Thanks. stien Sounds like the reports.dic is corrupted. Use Tools >> Customise >> Customisation Status to export all the working reports, then rename the reports.dic and import the packages back. This will lose any format changes, so you might need to re-make changes to formats. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Micor...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

merged document printing
How do I print multiple copies of a merged document in Publisher? Seems to only allow one copy of the document. No option is available as it is when printing a regular document. If anyone has an answer please email me at: linked4life@hotmail.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "linked4life" <linked4life@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC3E45B-B7F2-4F8D-AD4D-02154C8C399B@microsoft.com... > How do I print mult...

Printing landscape Excel97
I'm looking at the following problem: Excel97 on a NT4 Workstation > worksheet is setup to print landscape but the printer (HP Business Inkjet 2250) gives portrait. When the users with this problem uses another PC the problem is not occuring. So I think it is a local machine- thing. Is there somebody who can give me a hint, registry- setting,...? "Rob Rijs" <robrijs@hotmail.com> wrote... >I'm looking at the following problem: Excel97 on a NT4 >Workstation > worksheet is setup to print landscape but >the printer (HP Business Inkjet 2250) gives portrait...

Problems generating reports from a modal dialog
Hi, I have two related problems, when generating reports from a modal dialog box. The dialog box accepts report criteria and then either previews or prints the report depending on a choice made from the main menu. The main menu is used to enter the criteria applicable to all reports that can be generated and I thought I'd use a dialog box to accept the unique criteria applicable to this one report. Still with me? :-) Prob 1. When previewing the report. The report is generated and the dialog box closes ok but I want the focus to switch to the new tab containing the rep...

Selected pages to print from MS Outlook
Is there a way to select the the page to print from MS outlook. I could only print all pages from my mail rather than selected pages Please help ...