Print several reports based on criteria in a form

I am cross posting this in both the Forms and the Reports forums.

Let me apologize in advance because this is going to be somewhat
scattered and somewhat hypothetical at the moment because I don't have
a clue where to begin.  I will do my best to make it coherent.

I have a form (frmBids) with two sub forms (sbfBids & sbfBidSubs).
The main form has several fields regarding the Bid Proposal --- Bid
Contact, Bid Company, Due Date, Bid Contract (Prime or Sub), among
others.  The sbfBids subform is visible all the time.  This sub form
includes information on the work that is being requested to be
performed.  The sbfBidSubs is only visible if Bid Contract has 'SUB'
selected.  This sub form allows for the user to enter in other
companies that are bidding on the same bid proposal and my company
would be a sub contractor to one of these companies.

Ok so here is what I want to do with the form, now that I have all the
background information presented.

I want to be able to click a print button on the form and have it
print out a Bid Proposal report (rptBidProposal) and automatically
fill out all the information regarding the bid (Name, Company, Job,
Due Date, etc).  And if it is a sub contract, have it print the
information from the sbfBidSubs sub form.  Then repeat the report for
each name listed in the sub form.  So if the bid has 4 separate
companies listed in the sbfBidSubs sub form, I want it to
automatically print out four separate Bid Proposals, changing the
contact info for each of the companies.

I hope this makes sense and moreover, I hope there is someone out here
who can assist me.
Thank you in advance!

0
Eric

Eric wrote:
>I am cross posting this in both the Forms and the Reports forums.
>
>Let me apologize in advance because this is going to be somewhat
>scattered and somewhat hypothetical at the moment because I don't have
>a clue where to begin.  I will do my best to make it coherent.
>

>I have a form (frmBids) with two sub forms (sbfBids & sbfBidSubs).
>The main form has several fields regarding the Bid Proposal --- Bid
>Contact, Bid Company, Due Date, Bid Contract (Prime or Sub), among
>others.  The sbfBids subform is visible all the time.  This sub form
>includes information on the work that is being requested to be
>performed.  The sbfBidSubs is only visible if Bid Contract has 'SUB'
>selected.  This sub form allows for the user to enter in other
>companies that are bidding on the same bid proposal and my company
>would be a sub contractor to one of these companies.
>
>Ok so here is what I want to do with the form, now that I have all the
>background information presented.
>
>I want to be able to click a print button on the form and have it
>print out a Bid Proposal report (rptBidProposal) and automatically
>fill out all the information regarding the bid (Name, Company, Job,
>Due Date, etc).  And if it is a sub contract, have it print the
>information from the sbfBidSubs sub form.  Then repeat the report for
>each name listed in the sub form.  So if the bid has 4 separate
>companies listed in the sbfBidSubs sub form, I want it to
>automatically print out four separate Bid Proposals, changing the
>contact info for each of the companies.
>
>I hope this makes sense and moreover,

Well, that almost makes sense.  The part that about data in
your form and subform is totally off base because
forms/reports only display data.  The data is stored in
tables so you need to describe what you want the report to
do in terms of the tables and their relevant fields.

The first step in creating a report is to create a query
that retrieves the required data from your tables and
filters out the data you do not want in the report.

For the report I think you are describing above, you might
be able to do it using the Sorting and Grouping feature
(View menu).

To get a "copy" of the report for each company, I think you
can get away with just setting the company as the main
report's top level group in Sorting and grouping.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Hide cell content in printing
I want to add a phrase to a cell (as a reminder) that I will see on my worksheet , but I don't want the phrase to print. Is this possible? Thanks, Marsha Hi, Marsha. You can insert a textbox from the Drawing toolbar, and you can set its properties not to print. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/drawing_tools_in_microsoft_office.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Marsha" <Marsha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5235EC5-86AF-4016-B727-205E48B320B6@microsoft.com... > I want to add a phrase to a cell (...

Why does my first business card print differently.
I have an auto shape rectangle that is colored a very light peach on my business card. I only create 1 card and tell it to print 10 on 1 page. On the first card of each page, the rectangle is very dark grey. The other 9 print completely fine. Is there anything I can do about this? This is probably a printer issue... Look for an updated driver on the manufacturer's web site. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Delenia" <Delenia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FBC91B4-5AE7-4EA4-9647...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

Form property as query criteria
Hi. I am working on an Access 2000 db in Access 2003 (using 2000 format). In my original 2000 database, I would create properties in VBA (using Property Let and Property Get statements) for my forms and use them as criteria in queries. For example, if I had a report that should show data for a specific date range, then I would create properties of a form (call it "frmReport"), and name those properties ReportStartDate and ReportEndDate. Then, in the design of the query that the report is based on, under the criteria for a date field, I would add ">= [Forms]![frmReport].[R...

Multiple <> query criteria
I am trying to create a query to say I want everything from a table but not the following multiple reference numbers e.g. <>4000 <>3568 <>5869 <>1023 <>4759 If I do just 1 not criteria it works, as soon as i try to put more in it does not work. I have tried putting each one in on a seperate row and tried <>4000 or <>3568 or 5869 etc but neither works Any ideas? You should be using AND instead of OR. You want records where the value is NOT 4000 and the same Value Is NOT 3568 etc. You can also use this expression which is equiv...

creating forms in outlook
how can i create a voting form in outlook 2002 We need a little more information then that in order to help. If you just want to create an email with the form fill options, open up a new message and go to view, toolbars, forms. Then click in the body of the message and create your form that way. You could also create it in word and send as an attachement. Either way make sure you lock the form before you send the email out that way the people receiving the message will not be able to edit the form you create. >-----Original Message----- >how can i create a voting form in...

monthly/weekly reports
This is probably really easy to do but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a report that displays records from a table. Each record has a corresponding date. Right now, the report shows every record in the table, going back more than a year. How can I make it so the report just shows the records from the previous week or month or whatever dates I choose. And then how do I use this same report over and over for each month or week? Basically I just want to hide certain records on the report (ones that were created before a specific date). Thanks You can base the 'record s...

Commission Report #2
I must be missing something but is there any way to generate a list of commissioned items. Not sales of commissioned items just a list of the items that offer a commission. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0591_01C71312.99942370 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0592_01C71312.99942370" ------=_NextPart_001_0592_01C71312.99942370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tom, Try this one attached. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

Publisher Emails Won't Print
Hi, After sending out a publisher email, when clients try to print them the page is only half there or blank. I read in another forum that it can stop printing after the first page mark, but these were even cutting off in the middle of a page. How do I make it so that the emailed html newsletter will print out? Does it have to do with the width rather than the length? Thanks for any and all suggestions! One option: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx A second option: http://www.microsoftfrontpage.com/usingfp/newsletters/ Instead of FrontPage you could use N...

remain on record that I was editing in a form after requery
I have created a form for user input (comprised of text boxes and list boxes) and a subform that shows the results of some calculations that are performed on the user input. If I make a change to the user input and requery to see the updated results in the subform, Access jumps to record #1, no matter which record I was editing. I then have to manually go back to the record I was editing (and first I have to remember which one that was out of hundreds) to see the results and make additional edits. Is there any way to automate the process so that Access automatically goes bac...

can you control how comments print in excel xp or 2003?
I noticed a user at the copier today, using the blow up function to try to enlarge the comments that he had printed out at the end of his excel worksheet. He commented that he could not change the font for the comments. I went back to my desk, and was able to replicate the issue... In short, you can format comments for on-screen viewing (and presumably when you print comments "in place"), but if you print out all the comments at the end of your document, you apparently can't control the font/size/formatting/etc. The only thing I could find that made a different to how it printed...

Report website problems here
I reported the problem last week of the email not working properly. I was asked to send mycomments to the website below using the case number SRX1110134208ID. I recommend alld user to respond to this case number with their comments. I think it is silly that Microsfot doesn't maintain their own website properly and it take almost 2 weeks to fix problems that effect thousand of customers. https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1389&WS=managermail Were you having email problems with Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Joel"...

Reports in column format
My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between columns. There is a box around the set of controls. I have the palette narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working space to the right of my controls. The result is a calendar-like presentation. The problem arises when I want to center text in the headers and footers. If I simply place my header text in the header section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the page. In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and then center the text manually. If I do this, then...

Generating a report list and statistic worksheet in Excel from other workbooks
Hello- I am trying to put together a reporting function, and I have little experience working with Excel programming. I have multiple workbooks set aside for different users, who update the information in list format on a daily basis. These are project lists, so they require daily text and numerical input, and the length of the lists vary as the projects close or open. I am trying to make a master workbook that brings all of these lists together onto a single list. On this master workbook is a worksheet that needs to update and add a row of statistical data on a daily basis. Additionally...

How do I print my image decently in Visio? So it fits the page?
I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image so you can actually see it. Right new, when I can actually get it to print, it is just a thumbnail. Otherwise nothing prints at all. I've done everything in the help section, but to no avail. What am I missing? I'd probably start at page setup > page size and see if it is checked for same as printer setup al "Scottyboy" <Scottyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E6D694A-BF76-47A3-993C-50A0D32ABC7C@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image s...

Excel
How do I print multiple worksheets (from one workbook) on one page in Excel? IMHO, it would probably be best to create a "consolidation" sheet in the workbook using formula references to the material on the other sheets. Design that sheet the way you want to be able to print your "report" and define that as your print range. Hope this is useful |:>) "BGA" wrote: > How do I print multiple worksheets (from one workbook) on one page in Excel? ...

Export transaction report
I am trying to export a transaction report from Money 2002. Money does nothing after I select export to desktop or send xml report. ...

Double click to open form
I have a form which has subforms to show me my active orders and inventory information. I want to be able to double click or just click the PO Number to open that record in my Order Details form. I tried creating a macro by mimicking the one in the Northwind 2007 database but when I do it in mine I receive an error which states: "Syntax Error (missing Operator) in query expression '[PO_Number]=PHX 0085453'" Is this because the PO_Number is not the primary key? Should I be using the primary key to double click? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

i need a report that shows Pay Outs
I know this probably already exists, but i can't find it. How do i get a report that shows $ paid out from the Drawer. We use the F10 Function - and fill out all the info. But i never see it again. i need this info. how do i get it? Thanks Thanks alot Jeff. Do you know is there anyway to get this info Quickbooks with the rest of the daily batch?? Jessica "Jeff" wrote: > Jessica, > > None available in CustomerSource. I've attached one called Drop or Payout > List. > > Copy it into the \Program Files\Microsoft Retail...\Store Ops\Reports &g...

Making a Bubble Chart based on n-values matrix
Hello everybody I have the following question for U: I have a table with lots of values in rows and lines. Imagine a matrix with 10 rows and 10 lines that represent customers and products sold to them. The values in this table represent the earnings, like: 12,59 1,94 345,46 16,97 136,48 -256,87 1,92 356,9 -658,9... As you see there are also negative values. Now I want to have bubbles that represent these values. Red ones for the negative values and green ones for the positives. Does any body have an idea what I could do? I tried the bubble chart but as you know it just work...

Printing addresses on envelopes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I print an address from a letter on an envelope, it adds spaces that do not appear in the Word document. Any ideas how to get rid of them? Thanks I have not seen this before - you should be able to edit directly &quot;if&quot; you added the envelope to you document which I automatically do. <br><br>I will create the letter, highlight the address then create the envelope &quot;Tools/Envelopes&quot;. Before closing the dialogue I select &quot;Insert this envelope into the ac...

Passing form value to hyperlink address
How do I append a form field value to the end of a hyperlink address that is coded as a hyperlink address on a form label? "Macro condition based on date" <Macroconditionbasedondate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F12C8D1-5AF4-4974-8A6B-EE0346885C59@microsoft.com... > How do I append a form field value to the end of a hyperlink address that > is > coded as a hyperlink address on a form label? How about something like this in the form's Current event: Private Sub Form_Current() Me.lblWhatever.HyperlinkAddress = "C:\Data\" &...

Special Characters in Forms and Reports
Access 2003, Report I have a report that has a status field with three options: Complete (Green Checkmark), In Progress (Yellow Triangle), or Not on Track (Red X) The Red X is no problem, but I am looking for a solution for the arrow and the triangle. Looking at ascii characters, 1 through 255 there isn't a triangle. It would need to be color filled anyway. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? I tried creating my own using bmp files but they don't display correctly in the report. Thanks for any suggestions. RBollinger robboll, Try the symbol fonts like Dixieland, Web...

transaction type report
This one could be difficult, if not impossible. I am looking to bring a wine vendor under my roof and take a percentage of his profits. The problem I see is breaking down the credit card expense. I use paymentech to process the cards, and the rates vary depending on the card type and transaction type. I do however pay a set rate of $0.12 per credit transaction (and then an additional percentage). What I would like to be able to do is pull this information off of the jrnl (reg anal report??). I would like to be able to break a transaction down three different ways. 1) food only t...

Report Parameters in SQL 2008
I have no issues with parameters using sql as a datasource but many issues with SSAS Cube as a data source. My report will not isolate the data to the selected report parameter. Any hints? ...