print of report is different than preview

 I downloaded How to skip used mailing labels and print duplicates in Access
2002. It seems to be working fine until I try to print. It then prints from
the first label and not as the preview showed. This is driving me buggy. What
am I missing?

The knoweldgebase article you referred to works for a single-page report.
Provided you reset things in the Report Header's events, it should also work
for printing (provided you print from the first page.)

However, it does not work if you are printing reports that spill over onto
several pages, unless you actually print all the pages. This is due to the
fact that the events do not fire for the pages you don't print, so relying
on the events across several pages just doesn't work reliably.

For printing multiple copies of a label (not skipping unused labels), here's
an alternative solution that does work reliably:
    Print a Quantity of a Label
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html

"RonNCmale" <RonNCmale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I downloaded How to skip used mailing labels and print duplicates in
> Access
> 2002. It seems to be working fine until I try to print. It then prints
> from
> the first label and not as the preview showed. This is driving me buggy.
> What
> am I missing?

0
Allen

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

Report writer #17
I have a client that needs to add a field to the Financial and Payables Edit list... the field they need can't be linked through the tables in Report Writer. How would be the best way for me to pull in the information from Segment Description - only segment 5's description. The only way I can think of accomplishing this is by using Report Writer with VBA. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "GPNut" wrote: > I have a client that needs to add a field to the Financial and > Payables Edi...

Report Format changes after leaving design mode
I've just about finished setting up a new report, except for one field. It is meant to be located between two thick vertical lines, and under another label/text set. No matter what I do, the preview version puts this data and label (a date) at the bottom of that record's section, near the bottom line of data. I have seavel text boxes set up to to display data from seavel different fields below one another, without leaving gaps, one of which is large enough to change the vertical size of the record. the problem seems to be related to this text, but if that is true or how it is related, ...

Empty Manager and Direct Reports fields in Outlook 2003 Address book
Hi all, I've setup Active Directory as an Outlook Address book for my company via LDAP. I set the manager field for each user in the Active Directory, but it shows a empty field instead of showing the manager name on the Outlook Address Book. Any idea on how to fix this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP2 + Windows Server 2003 SP2. Thanks in advance Jonathan. On Jun 28, 3:57 pm, jonat...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I've setup Active Directory as an Outlook Address book for my company > via LDAP. I set the manager field for each user in the Active > Directory, but it ...

A report embedded in an iframe when exported to a web archived format opens in the same IE window
Hi I am using SSRS2005 to produce reports which fetch data from MS SQL Server 2005 database. These reports are then embedded in an .net application in an iframe. Now when I try to export the report into a web archived format then the report opens in the same window in IE8.Due to this I have to click on the Back button on the browser window to view the remaining reports. Hence I want to open this exported report in a new window in IE8.But,I am unable to do so. Could anyone please help me to find out as to how can I open the reports in a new window in IE8.Are there any kind of IE settings whi...

Having 3 .set files with different ISV's and custom form modifications
Currently we have 2 seperate SQL instances for 2 different environments. We want to be able to create one environment that has 3 companies, with one .set file with customizations, and alot of ISV's; one company with customizations and 2 ISV's; and create one new company with a plain vanilla GP only 2 ISV's no customizations; We currently have the 2 instances with the first 2 set up that way and now looking to consolidate into one environment with the company dropdowns together. Will this be a pain to manage or is it even possible?? ...

Upgrade from Crm 1.2 to Crm 3.0
Hi, I have upgraded Crm1.2 to Crm3.0. When I go to Workplace, Reports the list is empty. Any ideas? Details: SBS 2003 SP1 SQL Server 2000 SP4 When I go to IIS and open DefaultWebSite | Reports | Home.aspx , right-click and browse it prompts for password, (I provide domain admin) then it redirects me to http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx and gives the following error: Could not find part of the path "D:\Crm\ReportServer\reportService.asmx" Thanks in advance, Keener what happens if you go to http://localhost/reports on the crm web server - what do you see? ========...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

View one record at a time in a report.
I am new to access. I created a report from a table using the wizard. When I view the report, I only want to see one given record at a time - not all records. How do I do this? Thank you Ron The easiest way is to start from a form, where you bring up the record you want to see. Then put a command button on the form, to open the report to just that one record. Here's the code you need for the command button: Print the record in the form at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Default View Includes Preview Pane On
I am using O2K with all updates on 2 different computers, a laptop with Win2K and a desktop with WinXP Pro. Both show the same behavior. When I create a new folder, the View setting has the preview pane ON. I don't like to use the preview pane for my mail and always turn OFF this view. Is there any way to change this default behavior? I have not been able to find any way to make this change, and since I use lots of folders and frequently create new ones it is a real nuisance to have to change the view setting for every new folder I create. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Alan Ha...

Can't see categories in Budget Planner/Won't load Monthly Budget report
In the last couple of days, Money stopped showing the categories under the budget details. In the "Review your current budget status" screen, under budget details, it usually shows each income and expense category and how I'm doing so far in the month. Now none of that shows. I have made sure to check View all budget items and show expense and income in the view menu, but this does not help. In addition, Money will no longer load the monthly budget report when I click "Other Tasks, view reports, monthly budget." I have this problem no matter what budget I...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...

Making pretty reports
I am fairly proficient in the use of formulas to produce data that need for a fairly complex mortgage and real estate investmen spreadsheet, but I'm lacking in presentation. I need to be able t print a presentable report for my clients and I've had a difficult tim importing the data from my spreadsheet to Word in a reliable manner ( must not be doing something right, because it seems too tedious an time-consuming). I've tried to format a worksheet in Excel to be abl to present the data in a professional and eye-pleasing manner, bu frankly I'm just bombing-out. DOES ANYONE H...

How to format different odd and even margins
I need to have large margins on the outer margin so different for odd and even pages? any tips? In earlier versions of Word, there was a check box in Page Setup for "Mirror margins." In recent versions, that setting is under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MaryE" <MaryE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5875EE50-EFB9-4C55-94A3-B7AB75B7C2CE@microsoft.com... >I need to have large margins on the out...

Time Difference
Dear All, I have some doubt in Date & Time Format. I have some (time) appearing in a column in this format 7/17/2006 3:20:53 PM.. I need to have a conditional formatting for this in that column. Ie., if the time in the column is less than 20 minutes to the current time (ie.,now()) then it should change to some color. Any help in this regard. Rajkumar -- Rajkumar Eager to learn more about Excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2159 View this thread: http:/...

Landscape Printing #3
Yes. We have the latest drivers. I installed this printer 3 weeks ago, and downloaded drivers from hp.com. It is network printer installed on W2K server and shared. Used by 15 users all running XP Pro. This problem is only with 2 workstations, but they are same hardware+installed in same way and same time like all workstations. What else can be wrong? ...

Writing to a text file from different SUBrouteens
I open a file using "job" as my file handler, but no other 'sub' can see the file handler. The debugger stops with the error "object required" Public Sub make_job_file() ' create GEO_FILE Dim fso, f1, job Const ForWriting = 2 Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") fso.CreateTextFile ("geo_job.job") Set f1 = fso.GetFile("geo_job.job") Set job = f1.OpenAsTextStream(ForWriting, True) End Sub Sub jobname() job_name = InputBox("input Job Name", "Job Name", job_name, 100, 1) job.WriteLine "...

Corrupt message in deleted mailbox causing backup to report as fai
Hi, BackupExec is reporting that the backup job has failed because it comes across a corrupt message in a mailbox (which has been deleted). The mailbox in question was migrated using the migration wizard from one exch 2k3 organisation to another. But when migrating, this mailbox exceeded the user's quota, so had to purge the mailbox and re-migrate. Backup is reporting a message similar to "found a corrupt message in '[][][][][][][][][][][][]meeting up' in mailbox (user) at the top of information store". Backup seems successful besides this error. The server does...

Difference between dates as xxYears yy Months zz days
I have a number of pairs of dates where I wish to show the difference between each pair in the format of e.g. 3 years 7 months 9 days. I can work out the yearsand months but don't know how to then get the number of remaining days allowing for differences in number of days in a month or year. Does anyone have a set of formulae or a macro that will produce what I want? Thanks Rich 80105 subtract one date from the other and format the result cell using custom format of yy "years" mm "months" dd "days" hope this help -- tony ----------------------------...