Pie Chart: want separate chart for each "RN"

Hi All.

I have a report, which contains numerous amounts of data, so there are
several subreport in the main report.  Each subreport is broken out by "RN".
The subreports contain rows of data, counts & percentages.

Everything works fine, EXCEPT, the Pie Chart subreport.
It is pulling in ALL "RN" #'s, making a very ugly pie chart.

So, I want to run the data once for a "TEAM" of "RN's" but have the report
separate out as many different reports as there are "RN's".  Which it does
this for ALL OTHER pieces of data, except the Pie Chart.

I have the RN grouped in each subreport, forcing a new page before section.

Any ideas??

Thanks.
Jen

You can use the Link Master/Child properties of the chart control to filter
the chart to a single RN.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Jen" wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I have a report, which contains numerous amounts of data, so there are
> several subreport in the main report.  Each subreport is broken out by "RN".
> The subreports contain rows of data, counts & percentages.
>
> Everything works fine, EXCEPT, the Pie Chart subreport.
> It is pulling in ALL "RN" #'s, making a very ugly pie chart.
>
> So, I want to run the data once for a "TEAM" of "RN's" but have the report
> separate out as many different reports as there are "RN's".  Which it does
> this for ALL OTHER pieces of data, except the Pie Chart.
>
> I have the RN grouped in each subreport, forcing a new page before section.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks.
> Jen

I do not want to allow third party cookies. I want to learn tips
Is there a different way to get the extra tips and trips without allowing third party cookies. What application and tips and trips are you speaking about? This is a Microsoft Excel news group. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:05:01 -0800, Kathleen D <Kathleen D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a different way to get the extra tips and trips without allowing >third party cookies. Hi (or High), All this talk of trips and cookies is getting me quite excited. Cheers, Matt "Gord Dibben" wrote: > What app...

want to turn 10 into 30.000 in 3 weeks ?
Okay, before you ignore this message and move on to the next let me tell you that this is NOT A SCAM. This is a tried and true easy to do home based system that practically anybody can use to start making money immediately. With only $10 you can start making money in as little as 2-3 days. All of the information can be found at: www.freewebs.com/jeffmarling Take a look at what I'm offering. It's so simple it should be illegal! BUT IT'S NOT! This type of system has been in place for decades however my program offers you a much faster and easier way than past programs requiring yo...

Two alternative scales on same chart??
Is it possible to do two alternative scales on the same chart? If so how is it done? Thank you in advance for your assistance. -- Nick You can have a primary and a secondary Y axis on your charts. I believe that the option to have a secondary axis is only given when you have two or more series on your chart. Select the series you want on the secondary axis and FORMAT -> Data Series. You should see an option for AXIS. Select the secondary axis. "Dabears70" wrote: > Is it possible to do two alternative scales on the same chart? If so how is > it done? > &...

How do I setup two inboxes for separate internet accounts and pro
I have two profiles (gmail.com and charter.net) and two internet accounts also that end in the same domains. The sending by picking what account is working fine but I want to creat two inboxes (one for ach profile/account). I am also getting double of each email being received (one for each profile) how do you stop that? Thank you gsmoore;110559 Wrote: > I have two profiles (gmail.com and charter.net) and two internet > accounts > also that end in the same domains. The sending by picking what account > is > working fine but I want to creat two inboxes (on...

Fill bar/column charts with patterns in Excel 2007?
Is there anyway that I can fill a bar/column chart with patterns as I can do with Excel 2003? I know that MicroSoft removed this feature in Excel 2007. But I don't understand why they do it. Lots of academic journals prefers black and white charts than shaded or charts with gradient. Also, it's hard to tell one series of data from another series if they are printed in black and white. Any help is appreciated. Excel 2007 doesn't use these patterns anymore. Did you really find them useful in Excel 2003? They printed at such a fine resolution that different patters were ind...

Excel aficionado wants to learn Access #2
Hi, I have learned a decent amount about Excel stuff with the help of colleagues, Newsgroups and websites of Excel Gurus. Till now I was working in an environment where Excel was used, hence I could post problems in Excel or ask people around and see the logic behind solutions. Consequently I could learn Excel faster. (I didnt know a single thing about VB, but newsgroups folks and their sites taught me VBA in Excel) In my job there is no use of Access and I want to learn Access desperately. I did buy a Primer book on Access but couldnt get anywhere;partly may be the book wasnt interes...

Formula returns empty; chart plots zero; I want to skip
I am using formulas to populate the source data area for a chart. I am using percentages, so when the total (divide by) is zero, I want to have an empty cell. This will distinguish it from a real zero where the numerator is zero. I am doing the division in another cell as =IF A2=0,"",A1/A2. In the cell I am plotting from (source data), I am using =Sheet1!A3, where Sheet1!A3 is where the previous formula is. When I look at the cell in the source data, it is empty. If I copy and paste special values, it still looks empty, but plots a zero. If I delete the cell, then it leaves a ga...

Alternate Y axis in bar charts
I have a bar chart with 2 data series on it. I want to use separate y axes for each, but the bars keep appearing on top of eachother, no matter what I try. I want one set of bars to use the left hand Y axis and the other set of bars to use the axis on the right side. 2-D bar charts apparently don't do this. Is there a way to perform this function? Hi, Have a look at this page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy Patty wrote: > I have a bar chart with 2 data series on it. I want to use separate y axes > for each, but the bars keep appea...

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

using excel for the first time,want a document frowhere can learn
using excel for the first time,want to know the basic about excel from the start,if a document is provided that would be more usefull Regards pooja thats an awfully broad question....Excel can be used in many many many many ways..........give us an idea of what you want to do.....there are many templates available too -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "pooja thimmaiah" wrote: > using excel for the first time,want to know the basic about excel from the > start,if a document is provided that would be more usefull > > Regards > pooja pooja thimmaiah wro...

tornado chart
Is anyone familiar with how to create a "Tornado" chart in Excel? Thanks. In article <2695A2B8-2F7D-4E3C-A028-2A4D28FB94B4@microsoft.com>, Karol@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Is anyone familiar with how to create a "Tornado" chart in Excel? > Thanks. > Tornado diagram http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/tornado/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions Fantastic! Thanks so much. "Tushar Mehta" wrote: > In article <2695A2B...

Builtin chart type internationalization
Hi, My VB program uses Excel's built in custom type chart called Smooth Lines. I use the following code to call it: Excel.ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Smooth Lines" This works fine in an English version Excel but when you have a German Excel it causes an error and says that the type name is not applicable. The reason for this is because the German version of Excel calls the Smooth Lines as Weiche Linien and if I replace the Smooth Lines type name with Weiche Linien, it works. The only solution I could come up with are either: 1. Create my...

VBA code to return the data series of a chart or graph
HELP! Does anyone know of some VB or VBA code which will return the dat series on which a chart or graphis based. I have a column chart and ca check that it has a title: .ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.HasTitle as above! However I cannot find any method which returns the range of cells o which a chart is based. Any ideas welcomed to this forum or email: acs@dulwich.org.uk dracstorey@hotmail.com Many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try John Walkenbach's http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip83.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta....

MSP 2007 Earned Value Over Time Chart
Hi, I've created an Earned Value Over Time Visual Report. The figures look ok but on the pivot table the values drop to zero after the status date. Just wanted to know if there is a of deleting the zeroed rows from the pivot table as it's quite annoying that on the graph the values drop to zero after the status date. I've tried to delete these rows and I get message saying that I cannot do this. I've tried to hide the offending rows as well but it still appears on the graph. Can anyone help? Hello Dean Nichols, Have you considered copying/past...

Wanted---young energetic home based marketing manager.Earn unlimited from your home
GMax management is a company based on Marketing Mangement.now there are more than 6 million member over the world who are taking the service of sell and purchase of 900 different companies wanted some young energetic marketing manager who can join us any where from the globe and can earn a lot by doing 2 hours a day ... Job responsibility: to enlist product and company in your locality with price list you have to grow personal relation on behalf of GMax management with the company. Earn 1% in the deal we sell for you......you place only the product. For more ....interested are requ...

Want to learn about CRM 4.0?
If you want to learn and and get the latest information for CRM 4.0, please visit the Crowe CRM 4.0 blog. We have a great CRM team and we are going to post information related to CRM 4.0 weekly. We already posted information related to Multiple User Lookups on a Form, Duplicate Detection, Data Import Tool, etc... To visit the Crowe CRM blog, please go to the following link: http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm Darren Liu, CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm Hi Darren, I have downloaded the "what is new in CRM 4.0&...

We want to make it so internal read reciepts cannot be refused
We are running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange server. We want to set it up so that if a message is sent with the a read reciept request that the reader can't say no. This would be for internal network users only. Is this possible? Our old system, Groupwise, showed you who had read your e-mail, who had deleted it (with or without reading). This is very helpful when you need to prove that someone did read a message that you sent them. Any help would be appreciated. Third Party software suggestions are welcome. Thanks! On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:24:02 -1000, ConnieN <ConnieN@discuss...

My charts color and patterns have disappear
My chart have color and patterns at my office but not at home... i used to have color and patterns at home please help I don't know if this is the cause or not, but, at home, is the selected printer a b&w printer? Do things improve if you select a color printer? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <082401c3af97$931f4b50$a001280a@phx.gbl>, dts2000g@netscape.net says... > My chart have color and patterns at my office but not at > home... i ...

Excel aficionado wants to learn Access
Hi, I have learned a decent amount about Excel stuff with the help of colleagues, Newsgroups and websites of Excel Gurus. Till now I was working in an environment where Excel was used, hence I could post problems in Excel or ask people around and see the logic behind solutions. Consequently I could learn Excel faster. (I didnt know a single thing about VB, but newsgroups folks and their sites taught me VBA in Excel) In my job there is no use of Access and I want to learn Access desperately. I did buy a Primer book on Access but couldnt get anywhere;partly may be the book wasnt interes...

Solution for charting IF statements that return blank values
Hi everyone, I know a big issue for people is that when you use an IF formula to return a blank cell and graph it, it returns a zero value, for example if(a1>0,a1,"") returns a blank cell that charts as a zero. There is a solution to this problem that does not involve the more common returning of an NA() value and conditionally formatting it out. The solution is the use of dynamic ranges to set the chart values. It is relatively easy and good practice as you can easily update and reference data on other sheets. What you do is define a named range for your data which dynamical...

Want to Display Most Recently Entered Record in Access 2003 Language Learning App
Hi all, I'm new to Access. I've got a good bit of VBA under my belt, but I've been using it in Excel, so I'm a bit lost in all this new functionality. Anyway, I'm trying to build an application to help me study Romanian. I have a table, Phrases! as follows: Phrases Phrase ID AutoNumber unique identifier LearningSession Number convenient way to group phrases for study Entered Date/Time the date and time the phrase was entered Source Memo textbook, page number, etc... (or "Mom said it") Romanian Memo the phrase in Romanian English ...

Pie Chart Color/Pattern
I have a pie chart with visual effect. Management had requested that I change the color to BW pattern cause they want to publish it in Black & White. Can it be done? If so, how? Thanks, CJC Under file page setup, select the chart tab, select black and white and then do a print preview Excel will then change the default colors to black and white patterns that are very distinguishable from each other -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "cjc" <cjc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFB89823-E8AE-4510-8C8E-6656D859043A@microsoft.com....

I want to use vba to set the form property to turn on and off the "record selectors" property
I can't come up with the statement to turn on/off "Record Selectors" on a form. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks Kelvin On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:17:32 -0500, Kelvin Beaton wrote: > I can't come up with the statement to turn on/off "Record Selectors" on a > form. > > Can someone point me in the right direction? > > Thanks > > Kelvin Me.RecordSelectors = false This removes them from the current form, only while the current form is still open. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to person...

3-d referneces in chart series values
I have a chart that has three series plotted on it, the first is column format and the second and third are lines. The first (column) represents average golf scores for one hole for individuals, the second (line) represents par, while the third (line) represents overall average for all golfers. I can plot the column graph for the 23 competitors - no problem. The problem is with the two line graphs. I want the lines to extend the width of the 23 columns. To do this I need 23 points that are the same for each line. I would like to use something like =player1:player23!$c$323, but I keep ...

How turn off extra separator page of document properties?
How do I turn off the extra document property page printed after each MS word document? Tools | Options | Print: clear the check box for "Document properties." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Kenny B" <Kenny B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DAFD0E6-804C-4330-8B29-4B38598DC0A9@microsoft.com... > How do I turn off the extra document property page printed after each MS > word > document? > ...