PDFs and Word Documents in Access Report

I'm trying to give the users an option to insert documents or PDFs into the
report.
I added an oleobject to the report. However, only page one will be
displayed.
Is there a way around this?

I'd like to just store the filename in my table, then load the document into
the OLE Object when the report is loaded.

Thanks
Vayse

0
Vayse

There is no method available to display more than the first page of the
document. You simply cannot combine an Access report with an external
document.
The only workaround would be to programmatically:
Print all/portion of the Access report
Print the external document
Print the remainder of the Access report(if any)

Finally, you might consider printing all documents to PDF and then use a PDF
utility to combine the docs as required.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"Vayse" <vvv> wrote in message news:uYx2BxQzHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to give the users an option to insert documents or PDFs into
> the report.
> I added an oleobject to the report. However, only page one will be
> displayed.
> Is there a way around this?
>
> I'd like to just store the filename in my table, then load the document
> into the OLE Object when the report is loaded.
>
> Thanks
> Vayse

0
Stephen
7/23/2007 9:21:45 PM
Thanks Stephen.
"Stephen Lebans" <ForEmailGotoMy.WebSite.-WWWdotlebansdot...@linvalid.com>
wrote in message news:uhh7v9WzHHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> There is no method available to display more than the first page of the
> document. You simply cannot combine an Access report with an external
> document.
> The only workaround would be to programmatically:
> Print all/portion of the Access report
> Print the external document
> Print the remainder of the Access report(if any)
>
> Finally, you might consider printing all documents to PDF and then use a
> PDF utility to combine the docs as required.
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebans
> http://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>

> "Vayse" <vvv> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to give the users an option to insert documents or PDFs into
>> the report.
>> I added an oleobject to the report. However, only page one will be
>> displayed.
>> Is there a way around this?
>>
>> I'd like to just store the filename in my table, then load the document
>> into the OLE Object when the report is loaded.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vayse

0
Vayse

Hiding records on reports by checkbox on form
Hi, I'm in the proccess of buliding a new database. Its purpose is to store various organisation contact details and then to produce reports based on this that can be printed onto sticky labels. This much or basically finished. However, we naturally don't want to print the whole database every time, so I'm using a checkbox on the interface form that will filter the report so that only checked records are prepared for printing. Can anyone tell what code I need to use to do this, and where? I've tried various methods, but nothing seems to work. I'm using accesss 2003 by the w...

Custom Reports
Anybody know of a good source for Customized Reports for Great Plains 7.5? I'd like to find a couple good ones pertaining to the payroll. ...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

from access 97 to 2003
I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - 1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this might be basic but i am only a student and learning. Please copuld ye help. What does this mean???????? "Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 >to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this >done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - >1611: Could not find...

Combining Landscape and Portrait pages in a single document
While it was not possible in Publisher 2003, is there a chance that it is now possible in Publisher 2007 to have a landscape page in a portrait document? ...

customization of reports in crm Options
While I add some customization to sale pipeline report for example when I add a new combobox named "Owner" into sale pipeline report I also have to do some customization to sale pipeline Sub-Report My question is if these customization is supported by microsoft? Hi, If you just want to modify the exsiting MS CRM SRS Reports than it is perfectly supported customization. There is no such restriction from Microsoft. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "va...

Search box within access or third party addon to do such?
I have an access database with 6 columns. I am putting in an inventory of all of my items with their corresponding sizes and weights, etc. I will have over 2000 lines/records when I am done. What I want to do, is either create something withing Access, or find a third party add0on, that will allow me to search within the fields, and return the corresponding results here is what I have for example category style size width weight notes sample 1abc 5 2.2 2.1 sample 1add 3 2.5 2.1 for turning stock 3bbb 3 ...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

Forms and Reports from CrossTab queries
Hi All, I have read a few postings in this area, but they all seem to be very specific to particular situations. Can someone please guide me towards the best solution to my dilema? I have a form with two list boxes which contain many variables (answers to specific questions from a survey). When two different questions are slected I run a cross tab query resulting in a dymanic result of rows and columns based on the selections. I now want to display the result as a datasheet on my form and in a similar fashion as a report. Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated. Regards, John D...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...

Access / System crashed while generating report
Hi, I'm on XP PRO w SP3 running Access 2003 via Office XP Pro. I was creating a report using the report wizard and Access and XP Pro hung up. I waited 5 minutes and the system was still hung up. I then manually powered down the computer. When I get back into my Access project, I immediately receive the error message "The report name 'Report1' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a report that does not exist. If the invalide report name is a macro, an Action Failed dialog box will display the macro's arguments ...

Deleting a word from a Cell
Hi Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell My cell currently read: - M04274059519 Total and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word Would really appreciate some help linexe On Jan 21, 7:27=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell > > My cell currently read: - =A0M04274059519 Total > > and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word > > Would really appreciate some help > > linexe C...

Import Adobe Form into Access for Report
I am trying to import a PDF into Access to use as a report and populate the fields with a query I have created. I can not find any help in getting this to work. Can someone help me? -- Terry Foster Tax Trilogy ...

Too Many Fields in a Report?
Has anybody ever had this problem? I have a table with a lot of fields in it. I'm trying to be able to pull up a report with my table's values in it. When I go to "create report by using wizard" I select all the fields for the table that I want it to display. Go through the rest of the set up. The report has to be in the "Tabular" layout. (that part is important for what I'm trying to produce). Then I go to generate the form and this error comes up..."The wizard is unable to create your form or report because you chose too many fields; please try agai...

Custom Report in Project 2007
I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific timeframe. How do I do that with user input? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Feed Parsers Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx Are you looking for predicted work in a graph, list of assignments, or what? What kind of user input are you expecting? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific > timefram...

How to speed up printing the report?
Hi I have a problem with printing reports in Great Plains 7.5. It took a long time, especially for trial balance report with long characters on the main segment (more than 5 characters). Do you know how to solve this problem? Hardware and software are ok. according to requirements. Regards Radek ...

Updating .nsf lotus notes server file
Hi, Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server. Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset Dim session As Object Dim notesdb As Object Dim notesView As Object Dim NotesEntry As Object Dim notesdoc As Object Dim Item As NotesItem Dim doccollection As Object Dim datetime As NotesDateTime i = 0 Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession") Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf") 'Check if open If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then ...

Reports appearing while posting
Each transaction that is posted it is normal that some reports appear automatically...i am required to select the destination of the report...i can either choose a destination and click "Ok" or just click on "Cancel" my question is, does it make any difference on the posting action whether i click ok or cancel?? P.S: Dybamics GP 9.0 thanks in advance... No, it does not make any difference, because the only thing you are canceling or Ok its the report print out FT, you should be aware that these posting journals are sometimes the only clue you will get if a transaction ...

Pivot Table accessing data from OLAP cube
Hi, I am creating a Pivot table using OLAP cube (in Excel 2007) on Windows Server 2003 OS and same Pivot Table using OLAP on Windows XP. The wierd problem i am facing is that on Windows Server 2003 OS, the moment I finish importing the cube, it shows me a screen like "Drop Row/Column Fields here" and on Windows XP, it simply shows the structure of Pivot table. Secondly,on functional side, if I email this spreadsheet across (created on Windows XP), then the other person is not able to edit/modify it, getting a warning message "Initialization of the Data Source faile...

lost toolbar in win word and outlook
i could use some help. my toolbar has disappeared in word and when i use word as my email editor in outlook. i have tried a couple of online suggestions, but to no avail. i want to remove office then do a reinstall. it seems like my only choice right now. Hi - I can't help you (sorry) because I'm having the same problem as you are. I just posted my subject earlier tonight also. -".... Can't edit a forwarded message when using plain text ...When forwarding a message using plain text, I can not edit, underline, change,font, etc". I haven't rec'd any replies ...

What happened to my saved document?
I imported a document from email, proceded to work on it and make changes and hit the save button a few times while I was making corrections. I closed out of publisher and went back a few hours later and now can not find where my document was saved. If you remember the file name or any part of it you can do a Search for it. Start Search Files or Folders All files or folders All or part of the file name The Look in box will default to show all drives - don't change Click "Search" When you see it in the results window note the path. Good luck, -- Don Vancouver USA ...

report content inside email
We are beginning to move to SSRS. There are reports that they want to have the content of the report inside the body of an email. So the report would not be a link or an attachment. But results visible inside the body of the email. When the user opens up the email the can read the report results. Just so you know, these reports do not have alot of data in them. Is this possible to do with SSRS? If so, how? Any samples/examples/websites are good. Thanks. .... John Sorry, forgot to mention that the SQL Server 2005 is the standard version. We are moving to 2008 Enterp...

Inserting chart AND related table in document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Inside of a Word document, I have inserted a new table which has a corresponding chart. Everything works fine and updates as I enter new information. <br><br>What I want to do is have both the chart and the table in my document, as the table has a details field I want people to see that is not reflected in the chart. AFAIK, the chart cannot display anything not directly related to it. A data table can be included but that won't satisfy what I understand your requirement to be. You can also ...