pdf thumbnail in access report

I need help getting a .pdf file to show in a report.

I've used the following code for .jpg files, but have no idea what control or
how to preview .pdf files.

Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer)
Dim sFileName As String
sFileName = Me.ImageTxt

 See if this photo exists
 Returns a zero length string if file does not exist
 sFileName = Dir(sFileName)

If Len(sFileName & vbNullString) = 0 Then
  Load "Not Available" Photo
  Me.loglinkview.Picture = "F:\NotAvailable.BMP"
Else
  Load the matching Photo for this StudentID
  Me.loglinkview.Picture = Me.ImageTxt

End If
End Sub

--
Yuli O

jocasio

Passing values between reports
Here is the deal, I have a billing system that uses multiple reports. All reports get open when I run the system. Everything works fine when there is data in all the reports, and data summaries gets passed from all reports to the summary report. Sometimes in one or more reports in a certain month, there is no data, and instead of passing 0 (zero) from the these reports that do not have data to the summary reports. I get #Error or #Name. (The summary values to be passed are usually in the footer section of the reports) I use this on the summary report to get the values from the re...

Need help calculating queries & reports
Hello, I have an Access Database 2000 to track performance. Within the db I have a performance table where user input their ID, date, part#, side, start sequence & stop sequence daily (there can be two entries per day). Then on another reference table with field: part#, side, sequence#, time (min). What I would like to calculate in the query and report is look at the start & stop sequence based on the part# & side then calculate how long (time) the operator spend on the job (part#). Thanks Example: Table1 ID date part# side start seq stop seq 001 1/8/...

Access Database; Use for clients
I need sorten amount of space for my college and business in access how do work this in Office Proffesional 2007? Douglas >...sorten sorten amount of space ... sorten is not a word as far as I know. certain amount of space? sorting amount of space? > how do work this in Office Proffesional 2007? work what? what exactly do you want to do? Regardless of what you mean by sorten, it is also unclear what you are asking. -- HTH, George "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FCB82BE-4FF1-4FC3-98A7-1FC350C62694@microsoft.com... >I need...

X and Z Report Problem
We are now have setup the entire system and ready to go live but after performing a test we found that the opening, closing and any activities done by the register are not shown in either the x report or the z report, why? When you try to print either one of the reports, the print out showes as if no activity took place and the balance is always 0. After login in to the manager program, we find all the activities by creating a sale report so we know the system is tracking the activities but we still can't get the X and Z reports to show correctly. Anyone has any idea of what is go...

I want access to ask for a number then use that number to print la
I have a table with all of the parts nessicary to build a component. I want the operator to enter the work order number and quantity required. I want Access to print out labels which contain all of the parts in my table and print the work order number on each label as well as multiply the quantity the operator entered by the quantity of each part in the table. So you want a user to enter a Work Order #, Component, and Quantity, and have the label print out part numbers and quantities? You can build a form with three text boxes on it and have the user fill out WO#, qty and Component. Y...

how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code

Reports #2
1- I want to get reports for multiple months, grouped by catagories or sub catagories giving totals for those months. All I can get is monthly totals. I have done this before but can't find the correct settings. 2- I use numerical catagories and when I get a report the order is from largest numbers to the smallest. This is the reverse of what I need and would like to get. Help!!! On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:33:24 -0700, "Myron" <mn3chim@bellsouth.net> wrote: >1- I want to get reports for multiple months, grouped by >catagories or sub catagories giving totals...

I got dozens of first chance exception of type "Access violation exception" in the CDialog::Create
I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. does these exception really not matter? How can i get rid of them? Do like we all do: ignore them. joe On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:32:57 +0800, "booker" <rekoob@163.net> wrote: >I derive my own CMyDialog class from CDialog,and got may first chance >exception in the Output Window, but the program run fine. > >does these exception really not matter? >How can i get rid of them? > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.co...

Vertical Property Report Text Box
This property works correctly sometimes and sometimes not. When not working properly the text disappears in the design view when the property is set to yes. The version is the same, the operating system is the same, the network is the same, the hardware is the same. How can we fix this problem? This is probably a font problem. Try changing the font for this text box to: Arial CYR From memory, that is one of the few fonts that work. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allen...

Error at send detail report of Mailbox Management
Hi team!!! I have this error at the moment of send the report of the Mailbox Management: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 13/11/2005 Time: 0:39:12 User: N/A Computer: Server Name Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on Server Name completed processing successfully. Recipient: abc@domain.com Error: c1050000 For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microso...

Exporting files from Access into Excel
I'm not sure whether to put this message in Access or Excel, but here goes. I exported data from an Access database into Excel (using versions 2002). One of the fields was a text field. For some reason, when it was imported into Excel, the field was cropped to 255 characters. Which is fine, if that's how it does it. But there a couple of cases where it left 285 characters. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Suroor I bet that the data type was Memo in the Access table. Here's a good source for that issue: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html -- Jerry ...

Please help with Hotmail "US" Access through Outlook.
Hi, I am in need of a bit of assistance. I have been trying to access my hotmail plus account through Outlook and it is proving to be impossible. The strange thing is that I am having no problems accessing my other e-mail addresses through outlook though ??? PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!! contact me at; robertsmith141@hotmail.com if you are able to assist me PLEASE. -- Robert Smith What version of Outlook are you using? "robert smith" <robertsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1EB090F-5E1B-4975-B2BA-A0931A97F754@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...

Unbound option groups and form's RecordSource in Access 2007
I have a form that contains unbound option groups and an unbound combo box in the form header section. The form itself is bound to a query, but in the Load event I set the form's RecordSource to something like: SELECT * FROM [query] WHERE FALSE; This has the effect of hiding all of the data fields on the form, leaving only the option groups and combo box showing. The option groups are used to limit the items that show in the combo box, and the combo box is used to select an item to view on the form. When a selection is made in the combo box, the form's RecordSource is modified ...

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
Hi i'm getting this error when trying to browse through folder at any of the office applications "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" however i do the same from notepad for example and it works fine please help thanks Hi Jacobo, your Outlook version is? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Jacobo" <jacven@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1141757044.167158.235250@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com......

Exchange 2007 Outlook Web Access
Hi All, I have Exchange 2007 server. I asked clients to check email by using Outlook Web access. When I setup client’s property for logon to their own computer, they could not use OWA, the error message is “The user name or password that you entered is not valid. Try entering it again.” But when I changed client’s property to logon to all computers, it works, they could check email by using OWA. Is any body can help me to fix the problem? I have to setup clients just only use their own computer. Thanks a lot. This is probably because they are authenticating to the...

Report manager question
How do I get each saved custom view printed directly after each othe using report manager. The problem I am having is each custom view want to print on a seperate page. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I access a zip file after i have extracted it?
I am receiving zip files via email and have extracted file. Following this I am unable to view my file. What do I do? what happens when you try? Where are you saving it and how are you extracting it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "-"...

PDF Writer
I know that on many occasions the experts on here have told us about a PDF writer that one can download. I never thought that I would need such a program, but now I do. Could someone please tell me the name of the program and where I can download it from? Thank you. Edric Russell russ@eci.co.za PrimoPDF www.primopdf.com -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Edric Russell" <russ@eci.co.za> wrote in message news:drsu73$ol0$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... >I know that on many occasions the experts on here have told us about a PDF >writer that one can downlo...

Parse a path for a file name in Access
Hi All, How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? Example c:\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\somefolder\someFile.xls I want to query a table with this value and just return 'someFile.xls" no matter how long or short the path is. I can do this in SQL Server, but i am new to Access SQL and I can not figure it quite out. Any help is always appreciated. Cheers, ~ck On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:23:34 GMT, CK wrote: > Hi All, > How do I parse a file path in Access for return the file name? > Example > c:\somefolder\somefol...

Trouble with hyperlinking pdf file
I figured out how to hyperlink a pdf file and it seemed like it was working. When I ctrl+click the link in frontpage it worked fine. But when I publish the website and click the link, it says file not found. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? did you upload the pdf to the server? is it in the correct folder on the server? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "tootie44" <tootie44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81B9754D-D88E-4016-9EAE-E165C963641E@microsoft.com... > I fig...

open a 2002 file format with Access 2000
My database was created from Access 2000 and then was converted in Access 2002 format. My german colleague has only the Access 2000 software, so she obtained the following message "this database shows an unknown format, it has probably been created with a later version of access, you should update your access version". The problem is that, even after the use of the Access tool "converting into the previous version", she gets the message "could not create the database window, please update to a new version of internet explorer". I don't see what IE has ...

Access is blocked from sending emails via Outlook 2000
I have a few macros in Access that send out emails with data to a list. Since we moved to Outlook 2000, that functionality is no longer available. Outlook spits out a message asking user permission to proceed with this. Is there some way to turn off this warning on a user level? That is, I don't want my entire organization to be able to do this, just a couple of people. TIA, Poorna. You'll need to either change how you do it from access or use Click yes. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

Store pdf file to SQL server throu ODBC
Hi, I want to store PDF file to SQL table having varbinary(MAX) field type from access. I have create an ODBC link to the server but don't know how to add the file. Could someone advice? SF ...

ZwQuerySecurityObject, FltQuerySecurityObject, ObGetObjectSecurity returning ACCESS DENIED on a network share file.
Hi all. Havent posted here for a while, but I wanted your opinion on this issue. The codes OK, on local files these functions are fine, but they all return DENIED on a network shared file. There is an SMB2 conversation during this process with a QUERY_INFORMATION Class=FileInfo sent to the system with the share, which responds with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED QUERY_INFORMATION. From reading up in SMB (Microsoft call it CIFS) I saw this: "Each server makes a set of shared resources available to clients on the network. A resource being shared may be a directory tree, a printer, a na...

excel 2002 acting up after installation of access 97
hi there, I am running windows xp on my work laptop, which has word, excel, and powerpoint (all 2002). The only version of access I have is 97, I have installed it on the laptop but now when I go to run Excel it asks me for my Office XP installation disc. This wouldn't be a problem if my disc wasn't back at home. Is this going to continue even after I get the disc? Can 97 products work with an XP based system? hoping for some help. cheers chanchito Hi it should disappear once you have inserted the discs -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "chanchito_cojones&quo...