PDF file in Access Runtime 2007

I am trying to save a report as a pdf file in Access 2007.  I have previewed
the report and clicked pdf or xps.  When using the full version of Access it
works fine.  But when I am running this in a runtime version I get the error
"can't save the output data to the file you've selected"

The file is not open, I am not using a templete, I have enough free space
and I have permisions to write to the folder it is saving.

This also happens if I try to email the report.  Any Idea?

Take a look at this article:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP051889881033.aspx

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"tommal" <tommal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to save a report as a pdf file in Access 2007.  I have
>previewed
> the report and clicked pdf or xps.  When using the full version of Access
> it
> works fine.  But when I am running this in a runtime version I get the
> error
> "can't save the output data to the file you've selected"
>
> The file is not open, I am not using a templete, I have enough free space
> and I have permisions to write to the folder it is saving.
>
> This also happens if I try to email the report.  Any Idea?

0
Ken
12/16/2007 1:02:59 PM
The reason I suggested this article is because you always have to create a
profile with all output formats and use it to start runtime in versions
prior to ACCESS 2007. Likely the same situation exists for ACCESS 2007.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Ken Snell (MVP)" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
> Take a look at this article:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP051889881033.aspx
>
> --
>
>        Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "tommal" <tommal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to save a report as a pdf file in Access 2007.  I have
>>previewed
>> the report and clicked pdf or xps.  When using the full version of Access
>> it
>> works fine.  But when I am running this in a runtime version I get the
>> error
>> "can't save the output data to the file you've selected"
>>
>> The file is not open, I am not using a templete, I have enough free space
>> and I have permisions to write to the folder it is saving.
>>
>> This also happens if I try to email the report.  Any Idea?

0
Ken

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

No PocketPC support in 2007?!?
Lame!!!! Where is the official place to go to send MS some feedback on the lack of PocketPC support for 2007? "Matt Miladen" <Matt Miladen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF9E7EFB-8C6B-4DA5-B1BA-798F5527DF0B@microsoft.com... > Lame!!!! > > Where is the official place to go to send MS some feedback on the lack of > PocketPC support for 2007? LOL I don't know if you even want to try, Matt. I tried and got some "lame" spiel back from a CSR that WinMob5 was an OEM product and that I'd have to go to the OEM for support. ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

from access 97 to 2003
I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - 1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this might be basic but i am only a student and learning. Please copuld ye help. What does this mean???????? "Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 >to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this >done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - >1611: Could not find...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Box when opening File
Quick question...When I open up one of my saved files, Visio automatically puts some kind of box (function box possibly) around my heading and some of the text. I'll take it off and save and it isn't there. But when I close the file and then open it up again later it's there again. I try to delete the box but it deletes my text with it. I can't resize or delete the box (actually conjoined boxes) by itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to call...214-981-6324. Thanks! Try changing the line weight of the shape to none. John... Visio MVP Nee...

Email addresses in a comma-delimited (CSV) file
I am trying to create a csv from another application to be imported into Excel. One of the columns will contain email addresses. Is there a way that I can format the data in the column to have the addresses be 'links' when brought into Excel. First, hyperlinks are not just formatting. The Insert|hyperlink style of hyperlinks are objects in excel. Second, CSV files are plain old text. They don't hold these kinds of objects. (And they also don't contain any formatting properties, either.) But third, you may be able to cheat a bit. Can you go back to the othe...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Search box within access or third party addon to do such?
I have an access database with 6 columns. I am putting in an inventory of all of my items with their corresponding sizes and weights, etc. I will have over 2000 lines/records when I am done. What I want to do, is either create something withing Access, or find a third party add0on, that will allow me to search within the fields, and return the corresponding results here is what I have for example category style size width weight notes sample 1abc 5 2.2 2.1 sample 1add 3 2.5 2.1 for turning stock 3bbb 3 ...

pdf. file
Help!! Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment. For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it. Any suggestions, tips or clues??? thanx in advance Do you have Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader installed? If you save the file to your hard drive, can you open it? deb wrote: > Help!! > > Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment. > For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it. Any > suggestions, tips or clues??? > > thanx in advance do you have adobe reader? "deb" <nikko-cat@rogers.com> wrote in message news:0...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

Converting Eml files to Msg files with code
Hi. Sorry if this question is overly simple. I'm developing an integration project between Exchange and SPS. I read the message on a public folder of Exchange with ADO. I use ADO's stream object and save the message as a file. Created file formatted as .EML file and has .EML extension. We want to read this file in Outlook but it can't open the file. Because of this I need to format this file as .MSG file. I don't need a tool. I should make this process in code. Is there any API or code sample. Thanks in advance. ...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...

help attaching files
Hi... Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003. For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails. Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder. then when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open.... It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder... Help? Thanks! -- B'rgds, Vinnie FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was released on Apr 15th. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165 It lists two known conflicts so far....

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Access / System crashed while generating report
Hi, I'm on XP PRO w SP3 running Access 2003 via Office XP Pro. I was creating a report using the report wizard and Access and XP Pro hung up. I waited 5 minutes and the system was still hung up. I then manually powered down the computer. When I get back into my Access project, I immediately receive the error message "The report name 'Report1' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a report that does not exist. If the invalide report name is a macro, an Action Failed dialog box will display the macro's arguments ...

Import Adobe Form into Access for Report
I am trying to import a PDF into Access to use as a report and populate the fields with a query I have created. I can not find any help in getting this to work. Can someone help me? -- Terry Foster Tax Trilogy ...

MS Money 2007 and rental property
I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income from a couple of units I own. The problem I'm having is that no where in the literature does it talk about traking rental income and expenses to Schedule E, only Schedule C. Seems like a dumb thing, but will the software allow me to track Schedule E tax items? Obviously Quickbooks and even Quicken do, but I have reasons why I hate Intuit even more than Microsoft. In microsoft.public.money, Randolph wrote: >I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income >from a couple of u...

Transferring contacts from OAB file
Hello, I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. I copied the oab, ost, and pst files to an external harddrive but have not been able to open the offline address book in Outlook at home. The pst opens fine. Any assistance or ideas appreciated. Thanks Love your attempt in regards to the oab/ost, but take a peek at http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm <dextrorama@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148816290.691150.313800@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. > > ...

Custom Report in Project 2007
I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific timeframe. How do I do that with user input? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Feed Parsers Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx Are you looking for predicted work in a graph, list of assignments, or what? What kind of user input are you expecting? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific > timefram...

excel 2007 home key
how do i get the home key to work. excel 2003 did it in tools/transition When you say get the home key to "work", do you mean have it return the active cell to A1? Click on the Office Button (top-left of screen) Click on the "Excel Options" button (at the bottom of the menu) Select the "Advanced" Tab on the left Scoll down to the bottom of the page Look for the section "Lotus Compatibility" Check the "Transition Navigation Keys" checkbox Click OK HTH Elkar "joyce" wrote: > how do i get the home key to work. excel 2003 did it...

Startup Template
I have a template (.xltm file) containing a macro that is assigned to a button on the QAT for that template. The macro is in ThisWorkbook. When I just open the template, or double-click it from Windows, the button displays and the macros runs correctly. I want the button available all the time so I saved the template in the Excel start folder - C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART. When I launch Excel the button does not display, which I take it to mean the template has not loaded. Same result if I put the template in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Offi...