PageSetup properties keep changing

Hello All

I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved - by
creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now started
that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the mdb
rebuild.

The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:

1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
wrong
2. close the report
3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
correct the properties
4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
5. close the report
6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
wrong again!

This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any pattern.
The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait setting,
and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct) to
default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page setup
properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
above.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks for any help.
Leslie Isaacs

0
PayeDoc

Make sure Name AutoCorrect is turned off.
Then compact the database.
Explanation:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

If this is Access 2007, make sure you have applied the service packs. SP2 is
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b444bf18-79ea-46c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5&displaylang=en

"PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved - by
> creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now
> started
> that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the
> mdb
> rebuild.
>
> The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
> iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:
>
> 1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
> wrong
> 2. close the report
> 3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
> correct the properties
> 4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
> 5. close the report
> 6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
> 7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
> wrong again!
>
> This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any
> pattern.
> The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait setting,
> and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct) to
> default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page
> setup
> properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
> reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
> above.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Leslie Isaacs

0
Allen
6/7/2010 2:22:03 PM
Hello Allen

Very many thanks for your response to this. I am using Access 2000, and I
have found that the Name AutoCorrect was turned on: it's now off!

I note from your reference that you suggest creating a new mdb, turning off
Name AutoCorrect, then inporting all objects. Is that really going to be
better than just turning the feature off then doing a compact/repair?

Thanks again
Les

> Make sure Name AutoCorrect is turned off.
> Then compact the database.
> Explanation:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html
>
> If this is Access 2007, make sure you have applied the service packs. SP2
is
> here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b444bf18-79ea-46c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5&displaylang=en

> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello All
> >
> > I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved -
by
> > creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now
> > started
> > that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the
> > mdb
> > rebuild.
> >
> > The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
> > iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:
> >
> > 1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are
completely
> > wrong
> > 2. close the report
> > 3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
> > correct the properties
> > 4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
> > 5. close the report
> > 6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
> > 7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are
completely
> > wrong again!
> >
> > This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any
> > pattern.
> > The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait
setting,
> > and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct)
> > default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page
> > setup
> > properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
> > reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
> > above.
> >
> > Can anyone shed any light on this?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> > Leslie Isaacs

0
PayeDoc

Embedded word doc changed to image-need to change back to word.
I have an embedded word document that misteriously changed into an image. This image is not a word doc converted into a picture (i.e. like I convert an embedded word doc by right clicking and selecting 'image object', 'covert', and then select to activate as a word doc.) but an actual image as if I inserted a picture. Need to turn the image back into a word doc so I can recover my work. It would also be nice to figure out how I am changing to an image, amost seems like a bug since it has randomly happened twice. ...

Effect of Domain change on Outlook
My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup. Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch. Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be re-stored? Thank you in advance, Ben If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a = different name than outlook.pst -...

Stop mail from changing postition once replied to
How can I stop Outlook 2003 e-mail message from changing location in my in box once I have addressed them or replied to them? It scoots them to the bottom of my e-mail list and just rotates them as I work them... sounds like you are sorting by the modified date or icon - click on the received field to sort by it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange So...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

Keeping track of which listbox has focus: Best approach question
Access 2007 working in compatibility mode with a 2003 database. I have three list boxes on a tab page. I also have buttons that operate based on which list box has focus. So my approach has been to keep track of which list box has focus by having the following kind of code in the On Got Focus function of each list box: Private Sub lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks_GotFocus() If Not (IsNull(Me.lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks)) Then Set suspendedListBoxWithFocus = Me.lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks End If End Sub in which suspendedListBoxW...

Publisher 2007: How do I change dates on calendar page in newslet
I'm creating a newsletter. I added a calendar page. In previous versions of Publisher, I was able to get to Calendar Options to change the month. In Publisher 2007 when I insert a calendar page into a newsletter, I can no longer access the Calendar Options task pane. Please describe how to change the dates. The calendar wizard is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future service pack. Meanwhile you will have to manually change the calendar dates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" &...

get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed
I created a 'test' company on V10, restored the backup from our real company into this test company. I have inactivated all the employees in the test company. Unless I enter Dynamics as sa, I get the following message: A get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed accessing SQL Data. Under the more info button: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'zDP_UPR41600F_1',database 'DYNAMICS', schemo 'dbo'. I have deleted the UPR41600 table and recreated it but I still get the...

How to keep display format when exporting XML?
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values loose their display format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 when exported.. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is displayed in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

Durations keep changing... Help!
Ok... it's me again - brand new user... I need to list resources (sometimes multiple) for each task, but ONLY show it shows up on a report for each person. We do not assign or track real/actaul hours. So here's what I've done to try to simplify... Task #1: Tasks/Advanced Tab: "Must Start On" with a start date (this is the only constraint I've set in the project); Fixed Duration; Effort Driven unchecked All other tasks have the same settings except no constraint date and default to "As Soon as Possible." Each Resource: Booking type - P...

Lost ability in MSWord to make ANY changes to ANY document
Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything other than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'- I can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an earlier date, but nothing- Version of Word? If it's 2007 and someplace on the screen it says something about "This modification is not allowed because selection is locked", it could be that you've been using a trial version that's now expired or you haven't properly activated your full version. -- Cheers! Gor...

Help with a formmula change in a "flag" parameter!
The formula I have below in Column R works just fine. It creates a flag for me (in Column R) that lets me know one of two things: “Client Failed to Enroll on Time”, and “Return Referral Form to Referent”. Here is that formula: =IF(H4="","",IF(K4<>"","",IF(S4="Sent","Client Failed to Enroll on Time",IF(AND(K4="",TODAY()>WORKDAY(H4,10,AA4:AA12)),"Return Referral Form to Referent","")))) The one change (addition) that I’d like to make, is this: If Column N is toggled to say “Hudson ...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

0xc0040557 some malformed property of the recipient caised it to be NDRd
Hello, I constantly get these event log errors on Exch 2k sp3 when trying to send a mail from Outlook to an x.400 recipient on the other side of Exch 5.5 sp4, which is acting only as a bridgehead. Any help greatly appreciated. MS Exchange Categorizer Errors in Event log on Exch 2000 9000 The function 'CPhatCat::HrHandleOneOffOrContact(6)' failed for reason 'The operation completed successfully. ' when processing the recipient 'C=gb;A= ;P=jon;O=jon;S=053;G=jonb;OU1=ow;OU2=jaguar;' of type 'x400'. A DSN has been generated. 9004 Categorizer encountered a har...

Dynamically Setting a forms Input Parameter Property
Hi , I'm working with a ADP project, I have a form where I set the recordset property at design time to a SQLServer stored procedure that has one parameter. If I set the Input Parameter property of the form at design time all is well. However I'd like to be a little more flexible in that I have the calling object that Opens the form using Docmd.Openform pass OpenArgs to the form. On the Form_Open event I set the InputParameter property of form using the value in OpenArgs. The problem is I'm still prompted with the parameter popup..if I press Ok everything continue on and ...

Problem with copying and pasting tasks and keeping predecessors in
I am doing a consulting project for an organization that has a bit of an unusual request. We are doing a conversion from an old mail system to Microsoft Exchange 2007. We have developed a checklist for the technicians to follow with about 50 detailed tasks (things like, "Open up Exchange Management Console", "Assure the 'Forward' Button is unchecked", etc.). The CIO expects me to enter each of the tasks from the checklist into the project plan. Instead of having a line on the project plan with a task, "Covert Leroy Smith's Mailbox" wi...

P2002 S-L-O-W on Page Change
Recently "upgraded" to Publisher 2002 from Publisher 2000. A three-page document now requires about 45 seconds to switch from one page to another. One of the pages has about 12 text frames and 3 photos. I copied the file and removed all frames. Same delay. (And this file, that now has no visible content, has a size of 2.2MB.) This behavior is identical on two machines (removed 2002 from one machine and installed on another.) First machine is W2K, 600MHz, 256MB. Second is XP, 2.3GHz, 512MHz. Is this video related? Both machines have 64MB display cards. All Office, OS,...

When printing, how do I keep a letter-sized document from expandi.
I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher. But every time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc. Please help!!! Check your printer settings inside Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "godovino" <godovino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AEC49BF-CBCA-4F05-932C-034B008D6472@microsoft.com... >I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher. But >every > time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc. > > Please help!!! Could ...

Highlight changes within cell
Good morning! Using Excel 2003 I need to highlight the changes I’m making within a cell. For example: In cell B2, is the customer’s original order quantity of 200. I revise it to show 225 and I’d like the cell to be highlighted in yellow. I can then copy and paste the info into an email to show the customer which items have been revised. I’ve tried using Track Changes, but it seems that I have to click on the Track Changes button each time I open the workbook. It also doesn’t keep the revision highlighted for a copy and paste. I have 20+ worksheets within the workbook an...

Formula "Change" Problem
Situation: In cell A1, I have a simple formula that sums the data in the following 6 horizontal cells. The formula is =SUM(B1:G1) I want this formula to never change under any circumstance. The problem is if I insert a column before in front of column B the formula changes to the following: =SUM(C1:H1) The spreadsheet is setup so that it is supposed to calculate a rolling 6 week total. Each new week a new column will be inserted and the data for the new week entered. How can i keep the formula from changing as the worksheet changes? Thank you in adnvance to anyone that may be able to h...

How to reopen and make changes to a closed contract
I have been reading the blog from ms dynamics team about opening and changing a closed appointment: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/03/08/how-to-reopen-a-closed-appointment-and-make-changes-to-the-file.aspx I'm trying to do the same thing with a contract. the code I used is almost the same. I changed "Appointment" with "Contract" and the state and state Reason: state code : ' <ContractState>Active</ContractState>'+ state Reason: ' <ContractStatus>3</ContractStatus>'+ see also http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a...

Change Directory Creation/Modification Date/Time programatically
Hi, Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification date/time through C++/MFC code? Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Thanks in advance. Vignesh. In article <98EDAE87-3F31-4F06-AE8C-378CF91A6F3A@microsoft.com>, Vignesh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification > date/time through C++/MFC code? SetFileTime. > Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Yes. -- Later, Jerry. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. "Je...

COLOUR CHANGE IS A CELL
Cyber taz What I am trying to do is use say a red coulured cell but when text is added to the cell it changes colour to green. The other thing if possible a drop down menu in a cell so when clicked on it offers three of four selection For example today tomorow yesterday day after And once one wes highlighted it would show in the cell. Thankls for your help it is really apprereciated. You can use data validation to create a dropdown list in a cell. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Mav wrote: > Cyber taz > What I am...

How to change OL 2007 storage location?
I would like to move my mail archive off drive C into another partition. Is there a way to do this and can folders be placed in separate files such that OL 2007 can use them as working files? Thanks, John. Yes, just move the .PST file and then change the account settings for the mailbox that points to it. But its all or nothing, all of the folders under the same email account have to point to the same .PST file, you can't have the INBOX and SENT in one .PST and the CALENDAR, CONTACTS and TASKS in another. You can have the .PST's for each email account in different ...

Marketing Member
Hi all, We are trying to more efficiently add marketing list members. When accessing the manage members option, the default system look up view provided for contacts includes both active and inactive contacts. We can't easily identify the active only contacts. Is there a way to modify the lookup view to include only active members? Thanks in advance for your help. David Hi David, Yes, there is check out following; http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/filter-data-in-crm-lookup-field.html -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. ...