PageSetup properties keep changing

Hello All

I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved - by
creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now started
that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the mdb
rebuild.

The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:

1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
wrong
2. close the report
3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
correct the properties
4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
5. close the report
6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
wrong again!

This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any pattern.
The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait setting,
and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct) to
default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page setup
properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
above.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks for any help.
Leslie Isaacs


0
PayeDoc
6/7/2010 1:39:33 PM
access.reports 4434 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
1477 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

Make sure Name AutoCorrect is turned off.
Then compact the database.
Explanation:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

If this is Access 2007, make sure you have applied the service packs. SP2 is 
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b444bf18-79ea-46c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5&displaylang=en

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.


"PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message 
news:OqxC#akBLHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hello All
>
> I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved - by
> creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now 
> started
> that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the 
> mdb
> rebuild.
>
> The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
> iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:
>
> 1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
> wrong
> 2. close the report
> 3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
> correct the properties
> 4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
> 5. close the report
> 6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
> 7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are completely
> wrong again!
>
> This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any 
> pattern.
> The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait setting,
> and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct) to
> default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page 
> setup
> properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
> reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
> above.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Leslie Isaacs
>
> 
0
Allen
6/7/2010 2:22:03 PM
Hello Allen

Very many thanks for your response to this. I am using Access 2000, and I
have found that the Name AutoCorrect was turned on: it's now off!

I note from your reference that you suggest creating a new mdb, turning off
Name AutoCorrect, then inporting all objects. Is that really going to be
better than just turning the feature off then doing a compact/repair?

Thanks again
Les



"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
news:O76eNzkBLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Make sure Name AutoCorrect is turned off.
> Then compact the database.
> Explanation:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html
>
> If this is Access 2007, make sure you have applied the service packs. SP2
is
> here:
>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b444bf18-79ea-46c6-8a81-9db49b4ab6e5&displaylang=en
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
>
> "PayeDoc" <enquiries@gppayroll.org.uk> wrote in message
> news:OqxC#akBLHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Hello All
> >
> > I recently had some mdb corruption problems, that I THINK I've solved -
by
> > creating a new mdb and importing all objects. A new problem has now
> > started
> > that is either coincidental or is somehow related to my having done the
> > mdb
> > rebuild.
> >
> > The page setup properties of various reports changes, periodically, 'by
> > iteslf'! I have been able to repeat this behaviour to some extent:
> >
> > 1. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are
completely
> > wrong
> > 2. close the report
> > 3. select the report in the main database window, go File>Page Setup,
> > correct the properties
> > 4. preview report - the page setup properties are now ok
> > 5. close the report
> > 6. amend a parameter on the open form that is used by the report
> > 7. preview report - discover that the page setup properties are
completely
> > wrong again!
> >
> > This doesn't always happen, and I have been unable to identify any
> > pattern.
> > The page setup properties are the margins, the landscape/portrait
setting,
> > and in one case the printer - changed from 'specified printer (correct)
to
> > default printer (not corect). I had been advised that setting the page
> > setup
> > properties from the File menu item in the main database window was more
> > reliable than setting them from the report's design view - hence step 3
> > above.
> >
> > Can anyone shed any light on this?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> > Leslie Isaacs
> >
> >


0
PayeDoc
6/7/2010 2:57:15 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

Outlook 2000 Change Startup Page
Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now everytime I open Outlook the "Outlook Today" page opens, then have to select the inbox folde to view my mail. Used to always open on the Inbox Folder. What have I done, is there a way to restore this. You’ve landed in a Macintosh group, sorry. Try asking your question on the general Office newsgroups. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx DooBee wrote: > Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now > everytime I open Outlook the...

Outlook 2003 offline caching changes
There has been a change in the default behavior of Outlook from version 2000 to 2003 with regard to how the offline cache responds when you have previously synchronized the cache, and then reconnect online (in our situation, it's particularly relevant when connecting over a phone line rather than over a broadband or network connection). We're wondering if there's a way to turn back the clock.. In Outlook 2000, you would connect to the online mailbox, and would view all the headers of all the messages in your Inbox, Deleted Items, etc. (you still had to wait for the head...

recording changes
I have a field called "TimeStamp" What I would like is that if someone modifiys or make any change in the form that the "TimeStamp" will record the time and date of change. How can this be achieved? sandrao In an event procedure in the form's AfterUpdate event, you could do something like: Me!txtYourTimeStampField = Now() Note that if you use the BeforeUpdate event, every time your code changes the value of this field, the form tries to update, the BeforeUpdate (re-)triggers, and you "loop up" (at least, it seems to me I've seen this...)...

Changing Paper Size
We print a monthly newsletter which includes a pullout insert. This month we want to turn this pullout into a foldable brochure. Before I send it off to the printer (who prints our newsletter to 11X17 glossy paper), I want to make sure the pullout, when folded, displays the information correctly (not upside down or out of sequence). We print to a photocopier that users 11X17 size paper. I cannot figure out a way to print two successive pages (8.5 X 11 each) to one sheet of 11X17 paper (ie., pages 2 and 4 to one sheet of paper). I tried doing this by changing the printer options to 11X17 b...

Changing source links in powerpoint
I currently have a powerpoint with source links to other powerpoint slides. These source links are currently internet address based links. I'm trying to change these current internet addresses to new internet addresses and each time I try I receive the error message: "You cannot use an internet address here. Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the network". I've been able to change the source links in the past and only began to encounter this problem around mid December. Does anyone know how to correct this or explain why I can no ...

Changing Costs in Detailed Sales Report
I just opened a new location and I have specified my costs in HQ Mgr under Supplier Tab in Item properties. And I also checked the Supplier tab in Item properties in the Store Ops Mgr, my cost is there. But when I ran a Detailed Sales report for yesterday, some of my items' costs are missing and listed as $0.00. So I open HQ Mgr and issued Worksheet 302 for the new location. I did a couple of test transactions today and ran a Detailed Sales report for today, and it shows the costs of the the test trasactions. But detailed sales report for yesterday still shows $0.00 costs. How do...

Changing to Combination-chart from existing chart
I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the same chart. How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform them to bars? Regards Jan Hi Jan, Right click a line series that you wish to change. From the popup menu select Chart type and pick bar. Cheers Andy Jan wrote: > I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I > now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the > same chart. > > How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform > them to bars? > > Reg...

Change from MS Outlook Rich Text to HTML
I use Outlook 98 and I want to change my message format to HTML so that I can have nice backgrounds etc on my mail. For some reason this facility doesn't seem to be available to me on the 'Mail Format' Tab. It is blacked out and I cannot change it from Rich Text to HTML. Is there anything I can do to sort this out? Could it be because I am on a network at work and they have disabled it? If so, how can I enable it? Cheers! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

PUZZLED
Dear All, I was never any good with maths and this just puzzles me! I have date starting from 100 down column B with the date in column A. The last number is 117.50. I make this an increase of 17.5%....however each day it may have moved down 1% or up 2%. When I summate all the daily percentage changes I was expecting to see 17.5% however I can see around 20%. The formulas are all correct but I really need to know how to work out the daily percentage change AND the cumulative percentage change from 100. I hope someone can assist me. S rounding? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sal...

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

change exist chart to be dynamic
Hi all How can I change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a name in y axis only but no name of x axis. How can I create a series for x axis? Thanks in advance Daniel You need to understand how dynamic charts work. There are tutorials and links to more on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6...

Change Backcolor for the selected line
I would like to be able to highlight or change the color of a single line on a subform formated as a continuous form. The user selects one line from many possible lines on a continuous form to respond to. When he selects the line another pop-up form is display which the user must complete. I would like to maintain some kind of highlight (backcolor?) so that the user can clearly see which line he is reponding to. Setting the backcolor after selecting a line sets the back color for the entire form, which really defeats the purpose. Any help? -- Message posted via AccessMons...

What could keep formulas from recalculating?
I have a workbook that I received from a company with which I do business. On it are several worksheets (tabs). On one sheet, if I go to enter a formula in a cell, it displays it as text instead of calculating a value. For example, if I type =A1+A2 it will display that exact text in the cell as opposed to displaying the sum of cells A1 and A2. On other worksheets in the same workbook, entering formulas seems to work just fine. I have checked in Options, and auto-calc is checked (pressing F9 also has no effect). I can only assume that there is some setting of which I am unaware that is prev...

Keep manually entered date
In Money 2004, when I download transactions from my bank and accept a match with a transaction I entered manually, the transaction is entered into the register with the downloaded date, not the date I entered manually. How do I keep the manually entered date when accepting matched transactions? I could do this with Money 2000 before I upgraded. (In other words, I want to leave the checks entered manually in the register in the order I wrote them with the date I wrote them, not the date they cleared the bank). But that means you are out of synch with your Bank and in the end it is wh...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

Excel keeps crashing on opening
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, out of the blue, my Excel 2008 for Mac is crashing upon opening - I can't do any work at all anymore. It doesn't matter whether I try starting the program or opening a file. I seem to have all the latest updates and, as mentioned, this problem has just occurred out of the blue, i.e. it worked fine one day and not at all the next day. Obviously, I also checked for viruses etc. No joy. <br> Please help. Mine has done the same thing just recently. I'm not on 2008 version though, just the ...

How to change the color of CComboBoxEx
I have derived my class from CComboBoxEx and I change the colors (SetBkColor and SetTextColor) in OnCtlColor() in response to CTLCOLOR_EDIT and CTLCOLOR_LISTBOX; I also return my brush; As a result the colors of the edit part of the combo do change but in the listbox only the space around the text is painted. The text itself and its backgound remain as the Windows defaults. "David A. Mair" <mairda@hotrmail.com> wrote in message news:<ObKF5Q#bDHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > I have it working OK, here's my CColorComboBox::OnCtlColor(): > > HBRUSH CColorCo...

The Settings button keeps disappearing
Hi, I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I access the site, I see all the buttons (Workplace, Sales, etc) except the Settings button. If I reboot, the button is back. My security role is system Admin. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks! Simon Are you running the Microsoft CRM Outlook Desktop client in parallel? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Simon Renshaw" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I > access the site, I s...

Changing Primary Attribute after creation
I cannot seem to find a way to change any aspect of the primary attribute after creation. Is this the case? It is very hard to work with. I cannot even change the requirement level after creation. This is very diffcult to work with. There's no way to change the primary attribute after creation, so define it carefully when creating a new entity. A big problem is that it's somewhat hidden on the second tab in the entity creation form and it's very easy to forget about it. Anyway, before creating a new entity, you should write down the settings that are not changeable la...

How to let OWA users to change their password ?
How to let OWA users to change their password ? On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 01:58:03 -0800, "Enid" <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to let OWA users to change their password ? There are quite a few steps but if you follow this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 carefuly, you'll be ok. Thanks for your information. Follow the document to enable the change password funcation, but got error when using IE6 w/ SP2 to do change password "error number : 5". It is so tricky if using FireFox, the password change is work. Any suggesti...

Change from SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 R2
Does anyone know if the license from Windows SBS 2003 works on R2 Edition? Here's my situation: I have an old server running Win SBS 2003. This is a new client and i just found the installation to be all screwed up (they are not even using Exchange, the domain is not .local, I cant find the SBS management panel, etc ) and barring any magic solution that allows me to improve on the current install, what i really want is to start from scratch, probably on different hardware (new server). So I whas thinking to my buttons: During reinstallation, can I now use the latest ver...

Changes Since Moving to Exchange
Hi there; I have subfolders within the inbox, and then subfolders within the subfolders. I also have rules so that when a message comes in from a certain person the message goes into their folder. Before we moved to our new exchange server if someone sent a message and the message went to their folder, the number of unread emails in the folder changes (ie, if Joe Bloggs sends an email to me his message goes to the Joe Bloggs folder, and it looks like Joe Bloggs (1)). And the folder that the 'Joe Bloggs' is in (for this example it could be 'staff') would also...