Page settings get lost ?

I have selected "Landscape" in the page settings of a report and then saved
it.
Every now and then, it appears to forget this setting when running the
report.

Anyone know how to avoid this problem ?

0
Rob

What version of Access is this?

If it is 2000, you need to apply the service packs. You can download them
from:
    support.microsoft.com/sp
Be sure to get the JET sp as well as the Office sp.

You will also want to turn off Name AutoCorrect:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240826
More info about this mis-feature:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

If 2007, there's a bug where it doesn't retain the settigns from the printer
dialog. Not fixed yet.

"Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have selected "Landscape" in the page settings of a report and then saved
>it.
> Every now and then, it appears to forget this setting when running the
> report.
>
> Anyone know how to avoid this problem ?

0
Allen
10/1/2007 2:23:40 PM
If this is a shared application and someone changes the report layout it
will stay that way for this until it gets changed back.

> What version of Access is this?
>
> If it is 2000, you need to apply the service packs. You can download them
> from:
>    support.microsoft.com/sp
> Be sure to get the JET sp as well as the Office sp.
>
> You will also want to turn off Name AutoCorrect:
>    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=240826
> More info about this mis-feature:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html
>
> If 2007, there's a bug where it doesn't retain the settigns from the
> printer dialog. Not fixed yet.

> "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have selected "Landscape" in the page settings of a report and then
>>saved it.
>> Every now and then, it appears to forget this setting when running the
>> report.
>>
>> Anyone know how to avoid this problem ?

0
Rockn

Lost logs files
Hi I have one Exchange 2003 and I have lost the disk where I had the logs, so know I can't work with Exchange. Could I recreate the logs with a command?. The last backup I have is of the last day, 24 hours. Thanks, 1. First of all make a copy of your edb and stm files jsut if it is required later. 2. Add the logs drive and create the same directory structure and see if the exchange server mounts the database. 3. If not your bet would be to restore the last backup. 4. If you have exchange 2003 restore your database in RSG and run a repair (long process) and then exmerge the new ...

Windows Mail-Getting REALLY Frustrating!
I'm starting to get really irritated now. A couple of weeks ago I wrote on this board that I had somehow lost my self created folders in Windows Mail for archiving my old e-mails. Well thanks to some 'posters' here, I managed to find them and have nearly gotten back all my old e-mails. Now for some reason everytime I open up and use Windows Mail, it completely hogs my CPU and makes using it pretty much impossible. I can hear the PC revving up like a jet engine after I open up the application and forget about trying to write anything. Press a letter and about two ...

Prints in small corner of page
WHEN Ii PRINT A SPREADSHEET, IT PRINTS A MINISCULE TABLE IN ONE CORNER OF THE PAGE. ALL SETTINGS SEEMS TO BE FINE. Except for your broken caps lock key! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Zona Infinity" <Zona Infinity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB98674C-7A31-495C-A427-C6D0D6F128E8@microsoft.com... > WHEN Ii PRINT A SPREADSHEET, IT PRINTS A MINISCULE TABLE IN ONE CORNER OF > THE > PAGE. ALL SETTINGS SEEMS TO BE FINE. But they obviously aren'...

Set Checkbox.Backcolor with ColorIndex
Hi, I'm trying to create a dynamic form where I want to put 56 checkboxes, each one with one of the different "Excel colors" that there are. With that I mean the 56 colors that you can set to for instance a cell by using Interior.ColorIndex. My problem is that the BackColor should be a Hex value or the "&H8000000F" format and I don't really have an idea of how to transfer the ColorIndex values (1, 2, 3, 4 and so on) into one of these formats. Anyone have any idea? Hi, I did that (not a very casual way but it works) A Form with 56 button with the Tag parameter...

I don't get all my messages on laptop but do on blackberry
For a while, I did receive all my messages in Outlook on my laptop, but for the last week, reciept is spotty -- I know that because I get all my messages on my blackberry. Any ideas what to do? Do you have your blackberry set to remove messages from the server after download? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Blondie asked: | For a while, I did receive all my messages in Outlook on my laptop, | bu...

[Q] Page File
I am trying to allocate classes "A" by using "new" operator. I already know how large of A ( by using sizeof(A)) and the number of allocations "n". I expected that the memory requires should be n * sizeof(A). But when I observe the value of Page File(PF) used in "Performance" tab of "Task Manager", the number looks so bigger than n * sizeof(A). So my questions are as follows. [Q1] "What does the Page File stand for?" [Q2] Is there any tip to reduce the page file required when allocating memory ? For example, reduce the n...

Outlook 2000 saved attachments get wrong times
Is there anyone out there with Outlook 2000 that can tell me if, when they save any attachment, does the saved file get a modified and created time that is different from your PC's clock time? On two PC's I've tried this (one with Windows XP Pro, one with 98SE), they have the system Date/Time Properties Time Zone set to GMT+08:00, and Outlook 2000's Tools | Options | Preferences | Calendar Options | Time Zone is also set to GMT+8:00. When an attachment is saved, it gets modified and created times 8 hours ahead of the Current System Time (CST). Saving attachments in...

view web pages in outlook
I have outlook 2002 SP1 and trying to view web pages with in the Outlook. For some reason I can view all of the pages but one. It works fine if viewed in Explorer but wont work if assigned to a Public folder as home page. I have created many public folders and and most of them use webpage as home page on our intranet server. This is internet site and it just displays unable to display the folder. Permissions are ok. Any ideas? It works fine on other machines. Exchange is 5.5 SP4 on win2k server. George ...

Why is printed page different than print preview?
I have a newsletter that I mail merge with an Excel file. Last month it printed fine but this month several things change when I print. I previewed one of the merged newsletters and it still looks fine. But when I actually print SOME of my indentations have increased causing me to lose wording. Since everything looks fine in Publisher program I don't know what to do to correct, changing spacing won't help. Any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you ar...

How do I restore my original excel settings to default?
EVERY SINGLE TIME that I open up Excel, it opens every single document that I have ever saved. I think this is because I changed the default settings in XLStart and now it is going bonkers on me. Recently I tried to open up a workbook that i had saved (replacing the previous work) and it just kept opening up every workbook except the one that I needed. so a days work was lost. I am very frustrated and fairly new with the inner workings of excel, so I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanx. Version 2002 It sounds more like a setting that you changed. Tools|options|general tab Se...

setting notice to group (large company, recipients in different cities)
I'm sorry for the multiple groups. I don't understand Outlook well enough to narrow down my groups to just the right one or two. Here's my situation and my question -- there are certain deadlines and tasks that are due on a monthly basis, all revolving around certain business days (related to closing the corporate books). Presently these deadlines are on an excel based calendar located on the intranet, and a monthly email reminder is sent out restating the deadlines. As you can see it is somewhat awkward to force people to navigate through the intranet and then print out th...

message get stayed in outbox
Hi, I HAVE SIX MESSAGES STAYED IN MY OUTBOX.I COULDNT SEND THEM. I TRIED LIKE RESTARTING SYSTEM.IT DIDNT HELP ME. IT LOOKS ITALICIZED WHEN I CLICK SEND.BUT NO RESPONSE TO THAT.STILL STAYS THERE.WHAT IS SOLUTION THIS PROBLEM. IT IS OUTLOOK 2002..I AM NOT SURE ABOUT SERVICE PACK. THANK YOU.. deepan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I HAVE SIX MESSAGES STAYED IN MY OUTBOX.I COULDNT SEND > THEM. > I TRIED LIKE RESTARTING SYSTEM.IT DIDNT HELP ME. > > IT LOOKS ITALICIZED WHEN I CLICK SEND.BUT NO RESPONSE TO > THAT.STILL STAYS THERE.WHAT IS SOLUTION THIS PR...

Textbox scrollbar settings
I have a userform whose main component is a TextBox. It is locked as the user is only permitted to read not edit the data there - that is done in the main spreadsheet and the userform is modeless. The TextBox has a vertical scroll bar to permit the user to navigate around its contents. The user will not normally place the focus on the Textbox contents itself but just use the scrollbar.. The data in the textbox is updated programattically (using vba). When this happens the box contents scroll back to the top - I do not want this to happen. I want the scroll position to remain as th...

How to get cell coordinates?
As previously posted, I am trying to build a formula that updates its cell references automatically based on what line the formula is entered. My formula will be more complex but for the sake of simplicity, here's an example of what I'm trying to achieve... A1 = 100 A2 = 25 A3 = C3 B1 = 50 B2 = 10 B3 = C3 C3 = formula that adds A1+A2 or B1+B2, depending on the row number. Please remember that this is a simple example and that my actual formula will be more complex and therefore, an IF statement will be too long for what I want to achieve. In other words, my formu...

How can I e-mail only one page of an excell spreadsheet?
I need to e-mail a one-page spreadsheet, but what gets sent is thousands of blank pages after the data page. ...

How do I get my clip art to print in color using Publisher?
How do I get my clip art to print in color using Publisher? I've tried what seems like everything to print the art work in color. And yes, I do have color capability on my printer. On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:43:01 +0100, universe wrote (in article <D0F48D12-24AD-4855-BDFA-066A306768F4@microsoft.com>): > How do I get my clip art to print in color using Publisher? I've tried what > seems like everything to print the art work in color. And yes, I do have > color capability on my printer. This is nothing whatsoever to do with Publisher. This is a printer issue. Mayb...

How to Copy Accounts Settings to Another Computer?
Hello: I know how to copy the PST file and export rules for putting in my laptop. But I couldn't find info. on how to copy accounts or export them. Does anyone how to do this? What else do I need in order to have my accounts in Outlook to be identical on my laptop as on my PC? Thanks so much! Spudy You used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000 (Internet Mail Only mode). In Outlook 2003, you either do it manually, or use the Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826809 This seems to be an all or nothing thing, so I tend to just do it manually. "...

Conditional formatting: How to set condition "formula" with is "date" formatted
I want to use Conditional Formatting. I opt for "formula". The condition should be that a cell F9 that is formatted to Date 14-Mar-07 (see cell format) need to be filled with a date (any date). If empty then FALSE. What is the formulah I need to fill in. DATE(F9<>0) failed for me. This is the condition that is set for cell H9. Thank you. Bart Excel 2003 =AND(LEFT(CELL("format",F9),1)="D",--RIGHT(CELL("format",F9),1)<6,LEN(CELL("format",F9))=2,LEN(F9)>0) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere sho...

Get a percentage based on multiple conditions
I would like to determine a percentage in Excel that is based on multiple conditions. This is for a serious a products on different displays and the quantity on those displays. I need to know out of all the stores surveyed, what percentage of those stores had a lobby display with more than 150 cases. If I had a small set of data I'm sure I could just pivot the data a few ways and be done, but I have over 50,000 rows. See the sample set of data below for more detail. Store Display Product Qty ------- -------------- -------------- ---------- 123 Lobby Soda Cans 50 123 Aisle Soda Cans...

Case format for getting cell value from a worksheet.
Good Afternoon, I need to create a series of Case conditions based on the value of a cell on a certain worksheet in my open workbook..For the life of me I cannot get the syntax right and I'd appreciate any help i could get. My condition is on a worksheet named "Lookup_Values" Cell "M3" is a value used as a case condition. what I want to do is retrive that value and use it to compare against each case like below. RPT_Date = ("Lookup_Values!M3") Select Case True Case RPT_Date = "January" Perform my actrions Exit Sub ...

GP 10 Web Service - CreateSalesOrder method
I am using the Dynamics GP 10 Web Service, CreateSalesOrder method to create a sales order from my Windows Forms application. I would like to display for the user the Sales Order number that is assigned (automatically) when the order is created. MSDN says the key.id is automatically populated in the SalesOrder class. This may be true, but if so the scope does not extend back to my call because SalesOrder.key.ID is null. The CreateSalesOrder method returns void, so the answer is not there either. I have a kluge answer in which I read the SOP10106 to get back the number of the order just cr...

In Access 2007, how do I get a chart to reflect table data?
Am not sure how to get charts to reflect table data. It appears that you can create charts in forms and reports, and there's a chart wizard in which I select a table and fields, but the resulting chart does not have table data in it. Any suggestions? ...

How do I get Outlook on the startup desktop (vista)
I want Outlook to appear on the desktop when ever I switch on. Can anyone tell me how to please? jenijan jenijan if it's a shortcut that you want on your desktop here's a simple way to do it: Go to <START> Go to <MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 200*> Right click on <MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 200*> Go to <SEND TO..> Go to <DESKTOP (CREAT SHORTCUT) You should have a shortcut icon to Outlook. Hope that works :) joaquin "jenijan" wrote: > I want Outlook to appear on the desktop when ever I switch on. Can anyone > tell me how to please? jenijan > &qu...

Changing the default color settings of charts
How can I change the default color settings the MS uses for their graphs? I can change them after I create the graph but it would be so much easier to preset them because I use the same colors for the groups I report to. Tom - There are two ways. The easiest is to adjust the color palette. Select Options from the Tools menu, and click on the Color tab. See the bottom two rows of the palette? These are the default colors for the first 8 line/scatter series and for the first 8 bar/column/area series. Click Modify to adjust them. The nice trick with this one is that changing the palett...

Cannot send page by email (Outlook 2003 & IE) problem
Hi--my problem is if I open a webpage i.e. www.google.com using Internet Explorer 6 (XP SP2), click on 'File', 'Send' and then 'Page by Email...', Outlook (SP1) opens a new email with the webpage inside (okay so far), when I type the email address to send the page to I click then on 'Send' (Outlook makes a click sound as I have the Office Sounds installed) but nothing happens--previously, clicking 'Send', the email would close after sending, then send the webpage. Have I accidentally altered a setting? Also trying to send link by email does not ...