OpenReport with WHERE clause not 'filtering' data

Hi guys

I have an Access 2003 project talking to a MS SQL database.

I have created a report with the datasource being a Stored Procedure
(usr_GetCases).

I am opening this report via the click event of a Command Button on a
form (which will later be used to gather report filtering parameters).

I am opening the report with the DoCmd.OpenReport command and a WHERE
clause however I get the full recordset not the selected data.

Here is my command:

 DoCmd.OpenReport "usr_GetCaseByDate", acViewPreview, ,
"[ExposureAmount] = 5000"

Exposureamount is a 'money' field type.

I can't find any discussions to explain this.  Do I have to set any
properties on the report for this to work?

Thanks...Andy

0
Andy

Importing data from multiple sources
I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? -- Ted in Chicago You could import the data from the two sources, creating a table for each. Then, you can create a query that compares the data in the tables. "TedChicago" wrote: > I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare > the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? > -- > Ted in Chicago .... and as an alternative, you may be able to link to, rather than import, the data. You could ...

Problem about the data refer path.
Hi All, I do all the work on the network driver, says L:. For example, I have a excel file on the L driver, named XXX.xls. One field in the file is refer to a field in another file on the L driver in following path: L:\aaa\bbb\ccc.xls. But do not know when i find that this field in XXX.xls refer to a local file : C:\documents and setting\username\application data\microsoft\excel\xlstart\aaa\bbb\ccc.xls. Anybody who knows that problem, could help me. Thanks so much in advance!!!! Thanks a lot. Yue One way to handle this (if it's possible) is to have all of your related files in...

How do I create a one variable data table? #2

Graphing Recommendation Requested for Dynamic Data
All, I would appreciate a recommendation on how to graph the following: 13 weeks of data (dynamic) for 6 entities, compared year to year as each week populates with current data. Simple solutions are greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Modifying data
Hello, I have a simple spreadsheet with 2000 vendors names in the first column A and address ect data in columns B - K. How can I get the data to reformat to have column A list the vendor name in Cell A1 and all the other info be presnet in B1-10 and then continue for all 2000 vendor names. I've torn my hair out over this....I'm sure it's simple but I haven't had any luck at all... Any thoughts appreciated. Thank You, Extreem Are you trying to make mailing labels? If so you are much better off keeping your data in its current format and using it as a data source in...

compare data in sheets and delete the duplicates
Hi, Before i stary begging for help thanks for looking at my post an input / suggestions will be welcome. On to the problem. I have one workbook with 2 sheets. The first shee contains multiple columns each hold either numbers or letters neve both. The second sheet has only one column it contains numbers. What need to do is take the information on sheet two and compare it it t the column on sheet one for duplicate entrys. When duplicate are foun on sheet one's column i need it to delete the row that the dupe wa found on. So far i have tried the information posted concerning filters howe...

worksheet has 1 page of data but is 84 pages long
I have several worksheets in a workbook but 1 worksheet is 84 pages long with only data to fill 1 page. What can I do to reduce it to the single page it really is? Hi Donna, What happens if you select all empty cells, Clear All, save, close then reopen? Ken Johnson Most likely there is a cell somewhere that inadvertently got filled with data somehow. The fixes for this are: 1. Define the print range to include just the real data; or 2. Highlight, then delete or clear all the columns to the right of your desired data, and highlight and delete or clear all the rows below your desired data....

extracting data from a text string of varying length
is there anyway to get a computed value for the square inches in the following cell: LightJet Mural - from Provided File (8.5X11) Normal I am trying to compute usage from parts that are named with the dimension embedded in the description - and the dimensions varies with each description. the dimension is always embedded as shown (widthxheight). the text string surrounding the numerical data vaires in length thanks for your collective wisdom, excel gurus... try using instr x=instr(string, y=instr( ' A textual comparison starting at position 4. Returns 6. MyPos = Instr(4, SearchStr...

Counting the number of fields in a column that have data?
I have an Excel document with about 5,300 rows. One of the columns has data entered only into some of the fields, maybe 100 of the 5,300 rows. Is there an easy way to get Excel to count all of the fields in that column that have data entered in it? Thanks! On 1/25/10 4:57 PM, in article eW3gilgnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, "Rick" <someone@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have an Excel document with about 5,300 rows. One of the columns has > data entered only into some of the fields, maybe 100 of the 5,300 rows. > > Is there an easy way to get Excel to cou...

How do I compare data in two worksheets to find matching cells?
Each day I work with two worksheets. One is a list of numbers that is given to me by someone else. The other list is something I make myself, again it is a list of numbers. I need to know if there is a way I can compare the data to find out if any of the numbers I input on my list match up to the ones on the list I am given. I am aware of the "Find" function, but I'm working with lists of hundreds of numbers, and it's really annoying to take each one and "find" it on another worksheet. Any answers? Hi Gary, See Chip Pearson's Tagging Duplicates page. In ...

copying calendar and contact data from Outlook 98 to outlook xp
I am running dual boot - transitioning from windows 98 to Windows XP. I am running Outlook 98 as my primary email client in windows 98 client. I am running Outlook XP, or I undertand it is also called Outlook 2002. I need to begin moving setting over. I need to move my contacts and calendar and other stuff over. Any thoughts on how this can be done? I am running dual boot - transitioning from windows 98 to Windows XP. I am running Outlook 98 as my primary email client within windows 98. I am running Outlook XP (or I undertand it is also called Outlook 2002) within Windows XP. I need to b...

Data refresh problem
I downloaded an xl template worksheet which has links to MSN Money website (for updating stock prices) As I have xl97, and the worksheet was created in a later version, I saved it as a xl97 worksheet. When I 'refresh data' it downloads the latest prices.........sometimes. More usually I get the message 'xl has encountered a problem, and needs to close..' Any ideas on what might be causing this? If I knew how the link works, I could start with a new worksheet, but I can't find any web queries relating to this worksheet. Brickcounter Brickcounter, If you know where a...

Gathering Survey data
Hi, Please can someone point me in the right direction. I need to create a survey - which can be completed very quickly usin Excel on a Pocket PC/PDA. It will have 6 or so Yes/No Question/Answers. Is it possible to be able to simply press Yes or No, and that respons be collated in a spreadsheet when finished. The data would be collecte off hundreds of respondants quickly so it needs to be fairl interactive. Probably some help sheet somewhere?? Suppose the questio is that can a macro or hyperlink generate a field to be populated i the background? Thanks Andre -- ajw15 ----------------...

Update Public/Busy Data ???
I'm in the process of resolving a few critical issues with the way Outlook 2000 is performing after reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling everything including Office 2000 Professional. Issues seem to be only with Outlook at this point (I'm one week 4). After having moved my pst folder back to where I think the default directory is supposed to be (C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Applications Data\Microsoft\Outlook), a window appeared - at least 15 minutes to half an hour later - that read: Microsoft Outlook Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed. Can someone please...

Paper Data Entry Form
Hello, I have a form with many fields. Some of the fields are combo boxes based on value lists where the value list could have up to 5 different choices. Field Example: Incision Dimension (Value List: 2.0, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) I need a paper copy of the form that users can fill out. Is there an easy way to do this such that the fields which are combo boxes will be presented with all the value list choices (i.e., Incision Dimension (2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) so the user is aware of all the choices and perhaps circles the relevant one? I know I could print the form but it would not capture the value o...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

SUMMARIZING DATA BASED ON DATES GROUPED IN WEEKS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6ED3C.00C7C2B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! 1) The RAW DATA SHEET is where I maintain a cash receipt register in a = list form on a daily basis. Any date may have multiple entries due to = different customer payment. 2) The SUMMARY SHEET shows how I want to summarize the data contained in = RAW DATA SHEET. Basically the summary sheet is summing based on the date = grouped in weeks. =20 RAW DATA SHEET DATE DAY CUSTOMER AMOUNT=20 ...

Using Data Stored on External Drives in 64 bit computer
I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit with Windows 7, will I be able to use the data currently stored on my external hard drives with the new 64 bit computer using Windows 7? Thank you. Hi, On 7 Apr., 18:38, moon <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard > drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit > with Windows 7, will I be able to use t...

Flattening XML data during deserialization
Hi, If I have an XML file that stores its data in a hierarchical relationship, is there a way to automatically "flatten" this relationship when I deserialize it (using the XmlSerializer) to a collection of objects? For example, assume that I have an XML file that contains the following data for lastnames/firstnames: Anderson Bob Ann Jones Betty Fred Mark Smith Paul Gina I'd like to deserialize this file into a set of "Person" objects, with each Person containing both a lastname and firstname (rather than separate "LastName" and ...

Sharing Data between Password Protected Spreadsheets
I have two documents. Document A pulls data from document B. Both must be password protected and have the same password. When I open document A, enter its password, and tell it to update from document B I then have to enter the password from document B. Is there any way to make entering the password for document A satisfy the need to enter the password for document B? ...

Funny yellow box when i paste data
I use excel to paste option tables from etrade so I can edit them. I never had a problem with this, but recently when i paste my data a little yellow box with what appears to be a scroll icon inside of it appears in the upper left corner of certain cells. I've noticed a drastic decrease in preformance since this has start. One of my sheets is completly unworkable in fact. What is this box and how can I keep it from being displayed? Thanks for any help. Excel has built in error checking, which is of very limited usefulness. You can turn it off from the Options dialog (fr...

data labels in xy scatter #2
John Mansfield I've read your post about I'm interested in this matter and I tested your sugestion but it gives Sintax Error on this instruction: Set RngLabels = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select the label range:", Type:=8) Can it be because I'm workin with Portuguese version of MS EXcel 2003? What can I do? -- Arcindo RA Lucas -- Arcindo RA Lucas ...

Can you manually delete data from the Account and Contact tables?
I am doing some testing and am presently deleting data from the Accountbase and Contactbase tables in the MSCRM database. I know that the supported method is to backup and restore the databases but ... Anyone have experience with this? I am only loading data from the CDF database to these 2 tables. In order for me to delete the data I have to temporarily disable "Enforce Integrity" in the 4 relationship between Accountbase and Contactbase. It works ... but will I have problems in the future after I have finally loaded all my good data? Danny Danny, There could be problems introd...

saving data from a formula into a variable
hi all, does anyone know how to save data coming form formulaarray directly to a variable? How about you getting your formula to work in the worksheet? Then copy|paste that working formula into your reply. It'll be easier to modify that than to start from scratch. yaniv.dg@gmail.com wrote: > > hi all, > does anyone know how to save data coming form formulaarray directly to > a variable? -- Dave Peterson haven't we been here before? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

Need to remove data in table due to input mask; cannot close.
ACCESS Table open, unable to close or modify telephone field. Had tried i/p mask of 0 due to "Unlisted" numbers appearing right-justified when doing a report. I sure thought I changed it back to a NO MASK prior saving the table. Now, table is open and I am unable to do anything with that field, even deleting the content, to satisfy the mask problem. Hands seems to be tied in 'catch 22'; I would have thought (!!??) that the table would not have saved properly if the input mask did not match the field contents. I'm stuck! Thank you so much. =?Utf-8?B?b2ZmZXJvY2t...