Only ID numbers are printing

I have Access 2007.  I have two tables Contact List and Asset List. I am
trying to print two reports.  I want to print the owner and the companies
they lease to from the Asset List.  Also from the Contact List I would like
to list the Companies and their Lessors.  When I try to do the asset list one
it only gives me id numbers.  What am I doing wrong?
--
helpme

This is a typical issue when you use lookup fields in tables. My advice is:
don't use them.

Your report's record source must contain the field that actually stores the
value you would like to display in the report.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Vanessa" wrote:

> I have Access 2007.  I have two tables Contact List and Asset List. I am
> trying to print two reports.  I want to print the owner and the companies
> they lease to from the Asset List.  Also from the Contact List I would like
> to list the Companies and their Lessors.  When I try to do the asset list one
> it only gives me id numbers.  What am I doing wrong?
> --
> helpme

Printer does not print all text
For some reason one of my Publisher file is not printing all the text; only about 75% of the text is there. I have tried to print from a different computer but have the same problem. On screen, everything looks right and great. I am using Publisher 2007. Andy help would be appreciated. You might want to check the manufacturer's web site of your printer model for an upgraded driver. If you think your present driver is correct, uninstall it and then re-install. It is always wise to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean up printer drivers...

Adding floating point numbers
hi the value 0.1 in the computer memory is not equal 0.1 so if u add it 10 times the result is diffrent then 1.0: double value=0.1, result; ressult=value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value; //result<1.0 BUT: result=value*10; //result==1.0 WHY??? another example: float value=0.1, result; ressult=value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value; //result==1.0 WHY??? can anyone explain it? thx On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:18:05 -0700, rsobies <rsobies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >the value 0.1 in the computer memory is not equal 0.1...

Getting rid of "fax" numbers when sending e-mail
I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my "Contacts" folder as my address book. Whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook always asks me to choose which address I want for the contact, and it brings up both the e-mail address and the fax number. So I have to go through an extra step almost every time of choosing which I want. Is there any way to stop it from bringing up the "Fax" number? See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Lee Daum wrote: > I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my > "Contacts" folder as my add...

Print preview problem... #6
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. -- Tim. ...

Suggestion: Print all items on pick ticket
We have a need to print all items on pick tickets, not just those items in stock. Please provide a method for removing this restriction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/d...

Printing Labels (Receipts) For Each Item On Work Order
I need to print labels containing Ship to Address, Item Look up Number and description. Each Item Needs an Individual Label With All of This Information and the Number of Labels Printed Should Reflect The Quantity From a Work Order. I am attempting to do this as a receipt. I am looking at code from existing receipts and trying to cut and paste what I need from diffrent receipts into one that may suite my needs. I am no XML pro to say the least. If anyone knows a better way or has more experience with XML and may wanna help I would appreciate it! ...

non vba way to print non continuous ranges
Hi, Is there a non vba way to print non continous ranges on the one shee using excel? Specifically, lets say I want to print data from columns A, B, C, G an K down to row 35 in each column. Is there a way I can do that withou manually making them continuous by cutting and pasting each range ont a new sheet? Regards, David Obei -- DavidObei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27196 You can h...

phone numbers
Hello: You know how you cannot integrate employees into Employee Maintenance in Integration Manager if the employee's phone number has parentheses and dashes in it? Well, I found a great TechKnowledge article that walks you through how to replace the parentheses and dashes and successfully integrate. But, if you have one employee in your integration file that does not have a phone number, then Integration Manager throws out the employee record altogether and says "Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'". So, I tried the code below. I added some lines to the TechKnowledg...

Input from remote 10-key and laptop numbers very slow
The last few days I've experience a delay when inputting numbers into Excel 2000 worksheets. When I type in the numbers, they slowly enter themselves, one at a time pausing between each number. This is occurring both with the remote 10-key for the laptop and the number keys on the laptop. This is occuring in all files, no matter how big or small. I wouldn't say I have any overly complicated workbooks, mostly basic functions. I have had much bigger and more complicated before without a problem. When using the 10-key or the number keys anywhere else, Word, internet, e...

How do i number a list of data in excel 2003?
I was shown once, but I can't remember how it was done. I have a list of 5000 things and I need to number then 1-5000, but don't want to go through all 5000. I have seen it done where you type the first few like 1-7 and then use a shortcut and drag it down the rest of the list and the numbers will populate. Please help! You can try something like this: =IF(B1="","",COUNTA($B$1:B1) copy down....or if there are no gabs in your list simply double click on the lower right corner of the cell. HTH JG -- pinmaster -------------------------------------------------...

Printing recurring appointments on Calendar Printing Assistant
I wanted to "overlay" my calendars from Outlook into one calendar and print it out using Calendar Printing Assistant (CPA). But, the CPA does not print the recurring appointments from my calendars. Does anyone know how to print the recurring appointments on CPA? Does CPA even have this feature? Thank you! The issue might be fixed by having all the latest free Microsoft updates for your version of Outlook... see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx If this doesnt fix the issue, then consider using Wincalendar instead of CPA. It converts your Outlook...

Cell Number Format includeing other Cell Value
Hello, I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... My goal: Cell A1 content is "m2" as I Enter in cell A2: "10" -> the output to cell A2 should be "10 m2". Cell A1: "Dollars" -> A2: 200 -> shown "200 Dollars"... and so on.... Is that possible in Excel? (don't know VBA - yet :DD) Any help is appreciated! BR, Daniel How about just use a third cell: =a2 & " " & a1 daniel_of_vienna wrote: > > Hello, > > I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... > M...

I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers
I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but globally with these part #'s? On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote: > I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an > excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but > globally with these part #'s? This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed in the Excel ...

Check value range, then return spesific number?
Hi. I want to implement a function in my spreadsheet, that gives me this: When I enter a number into a cell, another number shows in another cell, based upon the number first entered. A bit more spesific: The idea is to calculate the number of instructors needed for a week end seminar. 1 participant requires 1 instructor. Same for 2 participants, and 3. 4, 5 and 6 participants requires 2 instructors. 7, 8 and 9 participants requires 3 instructors. And so on. For every 3 participant, we apply 1 instructor. So, i.e. if I enter the number 5, i want the number 2 in the cell below. I trie...

Re: Print records from database
sorry, forgot to add my version of Publisher: 2003 Fritz "Fritz Anton" <fritz.anton@aon.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... > Hi, > I am trying to set up a catalogue merge form in Publisher and I have > successfully formatted merge fields and established the data link to an > Access database. > Now comes the problem: I want to print DVD labels on a standard 2 labels per > page Avery form. I addition, I want to print each record twice per label > (rotated 180 deg). I can only set one record field area per page which I > fill with four text fields in the...

margins on an A6 document in print preview
I have created an A6 postcard which fills completely to the edges yet when I look at the print preview, it shows the four copies on the A4 page but gives an unusual white border round the page which is larger on the left and the top of the page. The orientation is landscape. I do not understand where the borders are coming from as I would like the print to go right to the edge of the paper. Thank You Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micr...

Printing only ONE PAGE of a mutltiple page email
How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an answer. Candy Candy wrote: > How can I tell Outlook to print only ONE page of a multiple page email? I > can't seem to find how to do that. Thanks in advance to whomever has an > answer. > > Candy > Candy, I use Outlook 2002, an when I File/Print, a dialog comes up that lets me select the printer, how many copies, and which pages to print. I'd select page 1 to 1 and say OK. If I just click the print butt...

how to change numbers into words,
In excel how to change numberical data into english words, many times currency figures are required to be stated into english words as well so what is the formula for this problem, for example for US$ 5400 : $ Five thousand four hundred is the conversion into words. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mukesh Dhoot" <Mukesh Dhoot @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59710A8-2377-4CF5-98B0-229933A3DE33@microsoft.com... > In excel how to change numberical data into e...

Outlook 2003 Message-ID madness!
Reposting message previously from exchange.misc forum due to no replies! ----------------------------------------------------------- Hi all... I have recently acquired Exchange 2003 along with enough CAL's for all my users, which includes Outlook 2003. So, I have been upgrading users to O2K3, most are now using the new version, but I haven't got Exchange installed yet. A number of my users have recently started complaining that some of our contacts are not receiving their emails. Upon further investigation with the admins at the receiving end, it seems that their spam filters a...

I have a column of numbers, some negative, some positive
I have some calulations in my worksheet. They are done twice, if my number is positive or negative. I need to fill the cell next to my number with the calulation that correspondes with the + or - of my number. if A1 + if A1 - A1 B1 C1 D1 -10 7 12 A2 B2 C2 D2 14 4 6 I need the 12 to appear in B1. and the 4 to appear in B2. Thanks In B1 enter =IF(A1<0,D1,C1) Copy down. Gord Dibben M...

Printing contacts in Outlook 2003
When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all the fields but with no info in the fields. Is there a way to keep that extra sheet from printing? Neil try an updated printer driver first. "Neil" <hnhanson@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ibdcd.192082$wV.88019@attbi_s54... > When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address > Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all > the fields but with no info in the fields....

Adding spaces between numbers in a cell that contains a full address
Hello, Sample data: 3-764 Neighbourhood Cir 39 Frostbite Lane 3938 Stardust Drive 4 Jones Lane I have a spreadsheet that contains addresses in a column such as the ones above. What I need to do is separate the numbers in the addresses in one of two ways. Either would be ok. The first is (and better for me) would be so that the number portion of the address would have spaces between every number, and then the rest of the addresses in the same cell. For example, "3-764 Neighbourhood Cir", would become "3 - 7 6 4 Neighbourhood Cir". The second would be to split the num...

printing confusion with HP 1300
I have been using MS office 2004 for some time, but recently have had trouble with printing to my HP Laserwriter 1300. When I set up a page, often it looks correct, but it prints as if the format is different then i put in, ie. it deletes part of the page, usually the top third, thinking it is legal when it is letter. I have checked everywhere i can think of, but can;t seem to set this right. any suggetstions would be helpful. mmullen ...

Printing w/o text boxes
Is it possible to set up individual sheets to print without the text boxes included? We have instructions that we would like not to print. Select the area(s) you do want to print and then go File>Print Area>Set Print Area when you save this information will remain with the file. "GJR3599" wrote: > Is it possible to set up individual sheets to print without the text boxes > included? We have instructions that we would like not to print. Select your text boxes. If you have lots & lots of them, you can do this quickly by pressing the F5 key, clicking on the Spec...

Printing a pdf file
If I create a document at home using Publisher 2007 with a specific font style, and go to work and try to print it there when the Publisher 2007 installed at work does not have the same font I have at home, will it change my font style, and if so, can I save it as a pdf file and still be able to print it at work without having the font style changed at work. I prefer the font style I have at home, but I have to use the work printer which prints huge posters. Thank you for any help you can give me. Or, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Glory If you (or a...