One Record at a time Report - Access 2007

I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate
investments.

Each investment is a separate row of the table.

Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each
row as a separate report?

Thanks!

(B^>)-]=[

0
WSR

WSR wrote:

>I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate
>investments.
>
>Each investment is a separate row of the table.
>
>Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints each
>row as a separate report?

Well, lots ot things are possible, but in this case it can
be a pain.  Why not just start each detail on a new page (or
group on the investment ID and start each group on a new
page)?

If you really have to have separate reports, then you need
to open a recordset on the report's data, loop through it,
open the report filtered on the ID field, wait for the
report to close, and then go on to the next record.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

That would be the solution if I knew how to do it.

So when I go into Report Layout Tools/Format/Group and Sort/click the "More"
arrow at the bottom.

What would be your instruction to have each investment print on a separate
page?

"do not keep group together on one page"
"keep whole group together on one page"
"keep header and first record together on first page"?

This is difficult to explain but you got the gist of what I'm trying to do!

Thanks again!

(B^>)-]=[

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> WSR wrote:
>
>>I have a table with columns that represent different metrics on separate
>>investments.
>>
>>Each investment is a separate row of the table.
>>
>>Is it possible to have a Report based on the table that displays/prints
>>each
>>row as a separate report?
>

> Well, lots ot things are possible, but in this case it can
> be a pain.  Why not just start each detail on a new page (or
> group on the investment ID and start each group on a new
> page)?
>
> If you really have to have separate reports, then you need
> to open a recordset on the report's data, loop through it,
> open the report filtered on the ID field, wait for the
> report to close, and then go on to the next record.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
WSR
4/21/2010 2:54:41 PM
WSR wrote:
>So when I go into Report Layout Tools/Format/Group and Sort/click the "More"
>arrow at the bottom.
>
>What would be your instruction to have each investment print on a separate
>page?
>
>"do not keep group together on one page"
>"keep whole group together on one page"
>"keep header and first record together on first page"?

I don't think you need any of that.  Just set the group
header section's ForceNewPage property to Yes.
If you do not already have grouping set, then set it for the
detail section.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Much appreciated!

> WSR wrote:
>>So when I go into Report Layout Tools/Format/Group and Sort/click the
>>"More"
>>arrow at the bottom.
>>
>>What would be your instruction to have each investment print on a separate
>>page?
>>
>>"do not keep group together on one page"
>>"keep whole group together on one page"
>>"keep header and first record together on first page"?
>>

> I don't think you need any of that.  Just set the group
> header section's ForceNewPage property to Yes.
> If you do not already have grouping set, then set it for the
> detail section.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
WSR
4/21/2010 5:24:40 PM
Just the ticket!!

Thanks!

(B^>>>)-]=[

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> WSR wrote:
>>So when I go into Report Layout Tools/Format/Group and Sort/click the
>>"More"
>>arrow at the bottom.
>>
>>What would be your instruction to have each investment print on a separate
>>page?
>>
>>"do not keep group together on one page"
>>"keep whole group together on one page"
>>"keep header and first record together on first page"?
>>

> I don't think you need any of that.  Just set the group
> header section's ForceNewPage property to Yes.
> If you do not already have grouping set, then set it for the
> detail section.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
WSR

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

OWA jumping mouse

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Input to custom reports

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

question about Time

compact database in VBA access 2007

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

LDAP Write access?

Short time vs short date