New page in multi column report

I have a report that prints in 3 columns.
In one of my Group Footers I have a Page Break, but it only seems to
force a new column, not a new page.

Can anyone tell me how to force a new page? I'm sure I found an
example previously somewhere showing how this is done, but I can't
find it anymore.

Thanks,
Richard
0
richard

Problem with columns and imap
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Asynchronous I/O completion ports vs multi-threading
Hi everyone, I am facing a problem where Asynchronous I/O completion ports using it might help me but I'm still debating whether to start on this method of development. I have to write a data (video) to a file, one frame at a time. Currently I grab the frames on one thread, and perform all of the file writes on a background thread. But - the writes still slow down the whole machine. Do you think that asynchronous I/O completion ports would help here? if so, could you explain why? for me it seemed that they probably just doing the same thing - doing the I/O operation on a different threa...

Using Switch function in a formula against a multi-entry text fiel
We have a text field that is populated by our users via table lookup. The user selects a site code number that is applied against the given task. I should mention that a given task can be set against multiple sites. We would like to map the site codes against the definition of the site codes. My initial reaction is to the mapping in another text field using the Switch function. The problem though is the fact that there may be multiple answers in the site field. Is there a way to do something like "contains" like you would do in EXCEL, instead of "=" when...

Landcodes in column A transferred to Continent codes in column B
Hi everybody I receive weekly big Data with land codes, e.g. A B 1 D code should write EU here 2 CH also EU 3 VE code should write LA (Latin America) 4 AR also LA 5 BR also LA 6 US code shoud write NA (North America) 7 CDN also NA etc. ... ... Thus I can apply a filter then, to make my data more readable and grouped by continent. I hope a Guru of yours here can be helful to me and shows me ther formulas or code for this task. Many thanks in advance, Mick John, You can accomplish this with a VLOOK...

Write record from Form to new row in spreadsheet
I am using a form to provide input into a spreadsheet. Every time I write a record, I want it to write to a new line in the spreadsheet. When I first used this code, it wrote on the second line in the spreadsheet, even though there was a second header line there and it overwrote the line. When I took out the first header, it wrote on the second line okay. However, when I tried to enter a new record, it overwrote the first record. Basically I want to write the first new record on the third line (after two header lines) and then each new record on the next available line, etc. Be...

User cannot see public folder home page
Hey all, We are having an issue where a user cannot see the assigned home page to a public folder, and instead simply sees the view of that public folder. In other words, clicking on a public folder should display a webpage - it does for every other user in the system - but this user sees the folder as if that setting was not enabled. Has anyone ever seen anything like this, or knows what may cause it? Thanks! Have you right-clicked on the public folder (in her profile) and checked in the properties to see if she has UNCHECKED the option to "Use as home page". You may have to r...

new profile in outlook 2003
Hi All, I am using windows xp home sr3 and outlook 2003. I would like to know if I set up a new profile in outlook from an existing outlook express account will the folders I have set up be ported over to outlook? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, -- Regards, Gary Metzler send to: gmtravel@bellsouth.net http://www.outtasighttravel.com Msn messenger: gmetzler1150@hotmail.com Skype name: garymetz You will need to set up your mail profile in outlook and then export your mail items from OE (include subfolders) and import your addresses. OE groups will...

Is There an Accounts Receivable Activity Report w/ Finance Charges
Is there a report that shows all activity that was posted to a a/r account during the statements processing? Finance Charges specifically and Late Charges, we need a consolidated report showing the total amount of finance charges or all charges generated as a result of the Statement Billing Cycle closeout. It would be nice if a detailed per customer report were also available. Also is there some way to get these figures to post to out Peachtree General Ledger without manually doing them by hand? -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP F...

print preview and save appear different than woking page
When I'm woking with pub'07 the edit view looks fine but when I look at the work on the Print Preview it's spread across two pages. I'm using the correct paper size and of couse it will save this way also. How do I get the document not to separate into two pages. It looks like there are huge margins but the doc isn't set up with huge margins. when i used pub'03 i didn't have this issue. thanks for you help Are you using a different size stock than plain vanilla letter? Are you setting up your printer for the size stock you are using? It is important to do...

vba for find last column with hidden columns in worksheet
Hello, This code has worked for finding the last column: lc = ws.cells(7, columns.count).end(xltoleft).column. However, when I used this code for a sheet that has hidden columns it would not work. What would be the correct code in this instance? Please assist. Thanks from OffDev wannabe Hi, lc = Rows(7).Find(What:="*", SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column Mike "OffDev" wrote: > Hello, > > This code has worked for finding the last column: > lc = ws.cells(7, columns.count).end(xltoleft).column. > > However, when I us...

Reporting Error #2
I need help I kept receiving "the report can not be displayed Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft CRM Community for solutions or contact your microsoft CRM administrator. Finally you can contact Microsoft Support." Report server is running and NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE has publishing right. ...

Sorting Columns by number of characters
I'm using Excel 2007. Is it possible to sort a column by the number of characters on the line? I track part numbers - which vary in length and can include letters and hyphens. Using just sort (smallest to largest) sorts by the beginning numbers. Being able to do a sort like this could cut down the time it takes me to do the next step in my tracking. Thanks! Nicole Just add a column with the formula: =len(a1) then sort on that. Regards, Fred "NicoleS" <NicoleS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A0033AD-701A-4023-BA5A-1DF2025400A...

How do I make the smallest number in a column red ( No VBA Please )
for a example in column E at cell E10 to E 30 I want the smallest number I enter in each of those cells to be red. If 3 cells are "0" all 3 should be red if one cell is "2" and all other cells are more than 2 I want that "2" cell to show up as red font. To sum it up in cells E10 to E30 I want the lowest numbers to be red if there are more than one of the lowest all should be red Thanks Ron On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:47:01 -0800 (PST), e_a_g_l_e_p_i <eaglepi@hotmail.com> wrote: >for a example in column E at cell E10 to E 30 I want the smallest >number I...

macro help = extract content of specific columns accross a row
have a spreadsheet which consists of about 5125 rows and 2840 columns. I am using Excel 2007 in order to get access to the extra columns. Now I need help creating a macro to automate a very tedius and manual task. The first column in the spreadsheet is empty. What I Need =========== For every row I would like to extract the contents of certain columns accross the row and copy to the first column of the row. into the first column i would like to copy the contents of the following columns accross the row. 6C = sixth column, 9C = 9th column etc... 6C + " " + 7C + " &...

Counting multiple field values in a single query/report
I am creating a database for a community program that includes a number of fields with drop down choices, such a race, school, abuse history, family composition. We want to total/count each of these variables for a particular date range. I can create separate summary queries to get totals for each, such a total number of african americans, total white, total asian, total other, but then the date range has to be re-entered over and over. Have tried creating one master query/report for just the date range, then pulling in the others as subreports, but it ends up showing each re...

Comment Text is not pulling properly on SQL Reporting Services Rep
When I enter a line item comment see below. Sales --> Transaction --> Sales Transaction Entry --> 1. Enter in INVOICE information 2. Select Item then click the "-->" on the line item to go to the Sales Item Detail Entry screen and click on the "-->" next to Comment ID. 3. Enter in Comment Text. Example: 1) This is line item text1. 2) This is line item text2. Invoice from Great Plains report keeps the format like the example above. When I print the Invoice using SQL Reporting Services the report print the text like so. SQL Comment Example: 1) This i...

Sizing Columns in CListView's / CListCtrl's
Greetings: I'm writing an application that must run on a variety of machines with different screen resolution settings. I have many dialogs containing list views and I would like to be able to initialize the column widths so that they completely fill the full width of the list view without any column being clipped. However, What works for one screen resolution does not work for another. For example, I have a list control with three columns. The column sizes are specified in the LVCOLUMN structure and three consecutive calls to InsertColumn using 90, 80 and 100 units, respectively. On a s...

Creating new E-mail Template Type for new Entity
I am trying to create a new E-mail Template for a Custom Entity (workshops) and find I need to create a new Template Type for the E-mails. Does anyone have any experience on how to create a new Template Type for a custom entity? Al Pemberton allen@pembcons.com ...

HyperLink in Outlook uses new Browser window but same SessionID
Hi, I have an Hyperlink in a mail. The "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" is disabled. Step1: ---------- I have no IE-Window. If I click on the hyperlink I get a new IE window ... I have to log in .... everything is ok ... I close the IE window. If I click on the hyperlink again I get a new IE window ... I have to log in ... everything is ok ... I close the IE window. Step2: ---------- If I have an open IE-Window for example on www.yahoo.fr. If I click on the hyperlink I get a new IE window ... I have to log in .... everything is ok ... I close the IE window. If I cl...

Transferring outlook settings and e-mails to a new computer
Hi, i have just purchased a new computer and want to transfer my outlook settings and collection of stored e- mails to the new computer. Is there any easy way of doing this, the computers are currently networked together. Thanks Kris Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Kris asked...

Calling AfxMessageBox() From a Property Page In A Dialog App Hangs
I ran into this problem while converting a large dialog based application from using a dialog interface to using property sheet/property pages. I made a test project and was able to reproduce the behavior in VS 2005 in skeleton test project The steps are too: 1) Use MFC App wizard to make a dialog application 2) Add a CpropertySheet based class member to application dialog. 3) Create CPropertyPage based classes and add them to the CPropertySheet based member in its' constructor. 4) Add a button to one of the CPropertyPage based page's dialog and have that button do nothing but call...

CRM installed on SBS
recently installed CRM on top of Small Business Server, install went fine as I have done this a few times before. When I was doing the initial log in as the administrator, I noticed something a little bit odd though. when I go to view specific reports, it prompts me to authenticate again, at which time I enter the adiministrator info again and it lets me right in. Anyone have any insight into this? Is there something I can change so that it doesn't prompt me to authenticate to view the reports? Thanks for the response! -Dave Vandenberghe dave@global-image.com ...

How to let text tittle of pages align center in a sheet?
Hi: Could you help me? Now,there are pages in a sheet, tittle length of each page is different from other, the tittle of page aligns left,SO it looks ugly i think make them center, how to do? Thanks. ...

Sort multiple rows by data in certain columns
I want to sort only certain columns (or cells) in a row as follows: Unsorted... A B C D E 1 Label3 1 3 4 2 2 Label2 4 1 16 8 3 Label4 2 9 1 6 Desired Sort of cells in columns B, C, D & E...sorting left t right... A B C D E 1 Label3 1 2 3 4 2 Label2 1 4 8 16 3 Label4 1 2 6 9 Any idea how this can be done? Thank yo -- lbabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lbabli's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/memb...

Move exchange 2003 to new hardware
I have exchange 2003 ent on windows 2000 machine , i would like to move to another machine with windows 2003 as OS. Can anyone help !!!!!!!! Tushar - Install new server in the Exchange Org - this will be installed in the same Administrative Group by default. - Move mailboxes, replicate public folders - Follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 - Shut down Exchange services on old server for a couple of days - If all looks good, uninstall Exchange from the old server -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------...