make page footer invisible

In the detail section of a report called Payment Receipt , I display the
result of a query, Expr2, in a text box.  (This will be a number (dollar
amount) that is different for every record.  FYI the text box is also called
Expr2.)  If that value = 0, I do not want the page footer to display.  So I
used the following code in OnFormat for the detail section:

If [Reports]![payment receipt].[Expr2] = 0 Then
[Reports]![payment receipt].[Section](4).Visible = False
End If

It doesn't work. Any help? Thanks.
--
Alan

I would try
   Me.Section(acPageFooter).Visible = False

Or even
[Reports]![payment receipt].Section(4).Visible = False

Also I see you are testing for 0.  Is it possible that the value is not
zero, but is Null or some value very close to zero?  You can handle that
with a test as follows

If  Abs(Nz(Me.Expr2,0)) < .00000001 Then
   Me.Section(acPageFooter).Visible = False
End If
--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"adgorn" <adgorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the detail section of a report called Payment Receipt , I display the
> result of a query, Expr2, in a text box.  (This will be a number (dollar
> amount) that is different for every record.  FYI the text box is also
> called
> Expr2.)  If that value = 0, I do not want the page footer to display.  So
> used the following code in OnFormat for the detail section:
>
> If [Reports]![payment receipt].[Expr2] = 0 Then
> [Reports]![payment receipt].[Section](4).Visible = False
> End If
>
> It doesn't work. Any help? Thanks.
> --
> Alan

0
John
12/10/2007 12:33:36 PM
Thanks for responding.  I fixed the problem by moving the test up into the
page header section.  I guess that gives it a better place in the timing of
things.  With the test in the detail section, the results were incorrect, but
there was a pattern.  Every time there were 2 records in a row that should
display, the first was triggered.  If there was only one in a row, it would
not not display.
--
Alan

"John Spencer" wrote:

> I would try
>    Me.Section(acPageFooter).Visible = False
>
> Or even
> [Reports]![payment receipt].Section(4).Visible = False
>
> Also I see you are testing for 0.  Is it possible that the value is not
> zero, but is Null or some value very close to zero?  You can handle that
> with a test as follows
>
> If  Abs(Nz(Me.Expr2,0)) < .00000001 Then
>    Me.Section(acPageFooter).Visible = False
> End If
> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "adgorn" <adgorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In the detail section of a report called Payment Receipt , I display the
> > result of a query, Expr2, in a text box.  (This will be a number (dollar
> > amount) that is different for every record.  FYI the text box is also
> > called
> > Expr2.)  If that value = 0, I do not want the page footer to display.  So
> > used the following code in OnFormat for the detail section:
> >
> > If [Reports]![payment receipt].[Expr2] = 0 Then
> > [Reports]![payment receipt].[Section](4).Visible = False
> > End If
> >
> > It doesn't work. Any help? Thanks.
> > --
> > Alan

Delete Items and Make Items Inactive
I am not the best with SQL statements. I know to backup first before trying this. First - A few years ago I uploaded a distrbutors catalog into our database so our employees would know how much a item was if it was special order. This was thousands of items. Therefore I have thousand of items that have never been ordered or sold. I want to delete these items with a SQL statement possibly? Second - I would like to make items inactive that have not been sold since 12/31/2006 if possible. If I do both of these items won't it make it faster on searchs? Or does deleting the item ...

Payables management account distributions on the Header page
It would be faster to key and review entries if the Payables Transaction Entry page showed Account Distributions without moving to another page. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/e...

Subreport Height not Grow/Shrink when change Page
Hello, I have a calendar report which uses 30 copies of a sub-report to build each day. Working just fine except: Let's say January 16th, there are 2 items to be listed for that date and the sub-report grows to a height of 0.5". I hit Next Page, go to February. There are now 4 items that need to be listed in that box. But instead of growing to accomodate these 4 items, the box stays at the 0.5" from January, and thus cuts off the February data. I have set Can Grow and Can Shrink everywhere -- in the sub-report details, on the sub-report control, and on the main report details...

How do you turn a Publisher PAGE Sideways and enter data?
I am creating a tri-fold mailer in publisher but want to look at each panel in the correct orientation (they are sideways and facing different directions currently). Do you know how to rotate the entire page with the objects so that it can be created without being seasick? When you start to create a file go to File, Printer setup. Here set the Portrait/ Landscape the way the paper travels through the printer. Normally paper goes through the printer, Portrait. Next, File, Page setup. Here set the Portrait/Landscape the way the paper is held when you read the file. Think of a file that i...

Page Numbers in worksheet background
Hi, How are the page numbers that show in the worksheet background formatted? Not in the header or footer, but they are seen when you view on your screen, I sometines find them annoying and would like to delete. Thanks Hi This is because you are in Page Break Preview. Go to View|Normal to go back. -- Andy. "Steve B" <SteveB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63631CBF-0769-4F79-918B-A854DB539F1B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How are the page numbers that show in the worksheet background formatted? > Not in the header or footer, but they are seen...

Word 2007 form: Check boxes are making my other fields stop worki
I’ve created a form in Word 2007, using form fields and checkboxes. It looks great. After I lock it, I can fill in the text fields. But as soon as I click a checkbox, I can no longer fill in the text fields. I go back to the text fields I already filled and try to edit those; I cannot. It’s as if they become read-only as soon as I click on a checkbox. What gives? This is really frustrating. I am using the Rich Text Form Fields (the very first icon on the Controls section of the Developer tab) and the Check Box Form Field (under Legacy Tools, Legacy Forms). Thanks f...

File's layout changes from two page to single page after saving as
I think I may have discovered a bug, or else there is a very obscure step that I have been failing to take. I am creating a 20 page newsletter in Publisher 2007, 5 pieces of paper double sided and folded in half. When I am working on the newsletter, it looks fine - double page layout, all my fonts, the works, however the moment I am done and SAVE THE FILE AS A PDF using the patch that I recently downloaded from Microsoft, the original PUB file CHANGES FROM A DOUBLE TO A SINGLE PAGE LAYOUT! I do nothing to it except save and exit, but the next time I open the file, the layout has gone...

Making Everything Capital Letters In A Column: How ?
Hello: I have a long column with various text in the cells. Both capital letters, and lower case. Some cells have both. Would like to make everything CAPS in all the cells, hopefully in one shot. How can I do this, please ? Thanks, Bob See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper In article <YrmdnX-Hncuyr7vYnZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@comcast.com>, "Robert11" <rgsros@notme.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I have a long column with various text in the cells. > Both capital letters, and lower case. Some cells have both. > > Would like to m...

can i send e-mail so that when it's opened it displays a web page
I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? Have you tried simply using an HTML mail item? I'm sure these people have opted-in to receive ads from you, correct? "RJCottrell" <RJCottrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B2DB57-7A35-49C8-8C42-38237A4A8A14@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so > that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? RJCottrell <RJCottrell@discussi...

How do I determine how many pages my excel workbook is?
I have a huge excel worksheet and I want to determine how many pages it will be. Is there a way to do that? I also have separated this document into 8 or 9 worksheets. Thanks. -- - RP - Group all the sheets you want to check then use print preview, if you are showing the page number on the printed pages you will see the total on the last page. Don't forget to ungroup your sheets when finished or risk severe damage to your workbook as any change made to a grouped sheet is made to all sheets in the grouped sheets. To group sheets, select first sheet then hold shift and select la...

How do I find template with tiny squares on the entire page
I am looking for a template to use in recording expenses. I think all I need is a sheet with small squares on the entire page - or columns. But, I want the lines already there so I don't have to draw them in. Is there something available like this? A template? Thanks....sorry for the ignorance on this subject on my part. select the whole sheet Format>Column width Format> Row width Save As template "kathiejo53" <kathiejo53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCDC307E-0622-4540-9A8F-3D3EC5E745B0@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a template t...

How do I get 4 postcards per page (blank -- me create)
If all the cards will be different. File, page setup, landscape. Arrange, zero margins, grid guides, 2 columns, 2 rows. zero spacing. Understand your printer's margin limitations. If all the cards will be the same, page setup, postcards. If you are using 2007, use the first landscaped Avery template. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "how do i ?" <how do i ?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3230BC40-86FD-4937-81A5-64D3AA3A8B1F@microsoft.com... > I see how to do what you s...

trying to make a wedding monogram
Hi Can anyone help me i have no experience in Publisher. But am pretty savy in other programs. I would like to make a wedding monogram to use throughtout our wedding in July. S P K are the intials of course a fancier font. But have no idea how to do it. Thanks in advance. I have Publisher 2000 Three text boxes, one letter (your choice of fonts/color/size) in each, position in an appealing manner. I'm only giving you a basic set of instructions because I am a firm believer in using a program's Help file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ninip" <g...

Making portion of formula BOLDFACE
I have a text formula which ends up being way greater than the 256 character limit. I am using Excel 97. The first 2/3rds of the formula a static piece of text of almost 700 characters. To that by formula I am appending one of two sentences. Which ever piece is appended must be in bold (a legal requirement). I can't figure out how to make that last piece bold. Is there a function I can use for the conditional text? Do I need to do this by a macro since I will know the length of the first portion which has no conditions? A cell containing a formula cannot have formatting applied to pa...

Can I make a sheet that displays data from other sheets?
Hello, Say I have an Excel workbook with 3 sheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3). Each sheet has two columns (Date, Thing that happened on that date). I would like to know if there's a way to have a fourth sheet, called "on this date in history" (or whatever). It would consider today's date (either from today() or from a cell that contains the date in the excel date serial number format), and display each thing that happened on that date in previous years on each row. So basically, if I open the workbook on May 4th, 2007 and go to the fourth sheet, it would show me a list list ...

Default Activity view page to phone call type
Anyone know how to default the Activity view page to the type phone call? Is there some jscript I can put in the OnLoad event? Thanks. ...

making check boxes into an array
Hi I have a number of check boxes in a sub form and would like to write code to fill fields in main form i will have 10 check boxes where upto 4 will be true value for each record in main form if eg 2 check boxes are true value will need to fill first to field of another array with text associated with each check box want to do something like for x = 1 to 10 if box(x) = true then box(y) = box(x).text y = y+1 end if next where x = checkboxes and y = fileds to populate i main form each check box will have different textbox associated I do not know how to associate each te...

default home page
Does anyone know how to set a default outlook homepage through a reg edit? ...

How can I create custom page size for tractor-feed forms? (2007)
I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at our library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the tractor-feed forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? Jhall@myglnc.com "RunningRonnie" <RunningRonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:553F4C4B-AF9E-4911-8385-2D6D9DA8B683@microsoft.com... >I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at >our > library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the > tractor-feed > forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? ...

Footer on 1st page different from all other pages
I have a report that can be from one to around ten pages long. I need a page footer that containes the page number and another label on ALL pages, but on the FIRST page only, I need additional labels and text boxes. I know how to make the page header not print on pages with a report header or footer, I thought maybe I could use some variation of the report footer, and cause it to print on the first page instead of the last, but no luck. Is there some way to maybe make those fields needed on the first page only to be visible only if the page number is one, and not visible on all others...

How can I make pictographs?
I'm looking for some help in using Excel for bigger projects, and I understand that I can use it to create pictographs. Any suggestions for getting started? Thanks! Hi, Here is a sample with steps: http://www.microsoft.com/education/createpictograph.mspx -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "k.bailey" wrote: > I'm looking for some help in using Excel for bigger projects, and I > understand that I can use it to create pictographs. Any suggestions for > getting started? Thanks! ...

How do I make a graph for a normal distribution in Excel?
Can someone explain to me how I make a graph of a normal distribution in Excel en what do I need to fill in on data? Hi, Do this help? http://www.exceluser.com/explore/statsnormal.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Dag0709" <Dag0709@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D48367-D277-4189-BE30-46F63B34C0DB@microsoft.com... > Can someone explain to me how I make a graph of a normal distribution in > Excel en what do I need to fill in on data? ...

Tab page display property
we have assigned a value to display property for a tabpage in CRM crmForm.all.tab4Tab.style.display = "inline"; what other possible values we can assign to display property for a tab page in a form. ...

FlowChart and page break
I have created a flowchart on page 3 of my document and i would now like to insert a page break to start a new page AFTER page 3 that will contain text. i have tried page break, section break, etc and it just moves my flowchart to the next page. This behavior results from having the flow chart "floating" or "wrapped" and anchored to a text paragraph (probably an empty one). When you insert a break, you're inserting it *before* the paragraph to which the flow chart is anchored. There are two possible solutions. For starters, go to the View tab of Tools ...

Footer/Tag to Outbound E-mails in Exchange 2003 #2
How do I add a Confidentiality notice to the bottom of all outbound e-mails on Exchange 2003 and what is it called? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327and what is it called? ...