Make a query pick a specific report.

How do I call up a specific report based on 2 or 3 fields in a query or table?

I have 4 reports, each design somewhat similar, but a paragraph different.
I would like the form fields (CustomerID and ContractID) determine which
report opens to print or preview.
For example:
If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then print Report A.
If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then print Report B.
If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then print Report A and so on.

If anyone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative.
Frank

One way will be just as you wrote it

If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"
If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then Docmd.OpenReport "B"
If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"

Another way will be using  Else
If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then
    Docmd.OpenReport "A"
Else
    If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then
            Docmd.OpenReport "B"
    Else
            If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then
                  Docmd.OpenReport "A"
            End If
    End If
End If

But it hard to answer without seeing all the cnditions, from your example
you can join the conditions

If (Customer ID=1 Or Customer ID=2) and ContractID=1 then
     Docmd.OpenReport "A"
Else

--
Good Luck
BS"D

"Francis Cunningham, Jr." wrote:

> How do I call up a specific report based on 2 or 3 fields in a query or table?
>
> I have 4 reports, each design somewhat similar, but a paragraph different.
> I would like the form fields (CustomerID and ContractID) determine which
> report opens to print or preview.
> For example:
> If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then print Report A.
> If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then print Report B.
> If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then print Report A and so on.
>
> If anyone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative.
> Frank

I just noticed that, what do you mean from a query or a table?

Create a form with two Combo's (Customer ,ContractID) Where the use select a
value, then add a button to the form with the code provided to open the right
report

--
Good Luck
BS"D

"Ofer Cohen" wrote:

> One way will be just as you wrote it
>
> If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then Docmd.OpenReport "B"
> If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"
>
> Another way will be using  Else
> If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then
>     Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> Else
>     If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then
>             Docmd.OpenReport "B"
>     Else
>             If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then
>                   Docmd.OpenReport "A"
>             End If
>     End If
> End If
>
> But it hard to answer without seeing all the cnditions, from your example
> you can join the conditions
>
> If (Customer ID=1 Or Customer ID=2) and ContractID=1 then
>      Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> Else
>      If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then
>             Docmd.OpenReport "B"
>      End If
> End If
>
> --
> Good Luck
> BS"D
>

> "Francis Cunningham, Jr." wrote:
>
> > How do I call up a specific report based on 2 or 3 fields in a query or table?
> >
> > I have 4 reports, each design somewhat similar, but a paragraph different.
> > I would like the form fields (CustomerID and ContractID) determine which
> > report opens to print or preview.
> > For example:
> > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then print Report A.
> > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then print Report B.
> > If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then print Report A and so on.
> >
> > If anyone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative.
> > Frank

For Ofer Cohen:
To explain myself a little better.  I already have the form made, and on the
form are the fields CustomerID and ContractID.  I would like the create a
command button on this form and when clicked it would open the report based
on the CustomerID and ContractID, there are 4 or 5 report possibilities.  The
CustomerID and ContractID are fields on two different tables. Your solution
appears to be exactly what I want to do, I just don’t know how to do it and
where to code should go.
Frank

"Ofer Cohen" wrote:

> I just noticed that, what do you mean from a query or a table?
>
> Create a form with two Combo's (Customer ,ContractID) Where the use select a
> value, then add a button to the form with the code provided to open the right
> report
>
> --
> Good Luck
> BS"D
>

> "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
>
> > One way will be just as you wrote it
> >
> > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then Docmd.OpenReport "B"
> > If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> >
> > Another way will be using  Else
> > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then
> >     Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > Else
> >     If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then
> >             Docmd.OpenReport "B"
> >     Else
> >             If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then
> >                   Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> >             End If
> >     End If
> > End If
> >
> > But it hard to answer without seeing all the cnditions, from your example
> > you can join the conditions
> >
> > If (Customer ID=1 Or Customer ID=2) and ContractID=1 then
> >      Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > Else
> >      If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then
> >             Docmd.OpenReport "B"
> >      End If
> > End If
> >
> > --
> > Good Luck
> > BS"D
> >

> > "Francis Cunningham, Jr." wrote:
> >
> > > How do I call up a specific report based on 2 or 3 fields in a query or table?
> > >
> > > I have 4 reports, each design somewhat similar, but a paragraph different.
> > > I would like the form fields (CustomerID and ContractID) determine which
> > > report opens to print or preview.
> > > For example:
> > > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then print Report A.
> > > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then print Report B.
> > > If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then print Report A and so on.
> > >
> > > If anyone can help me with this I am greatly appreciative.
> > > Frank

Locate the cursor in the OnClick event of the button created, on the right
you'll see a button with three dots, click on it and select code view.

Write the code between the

Declare Sub ()
' The code
End Sub

--
Good Luck
BS"D

"Francis Cunningham, Jr." wrote:

> For Ofer Cohen:
> To explain myself a little better.  I already have the form made, and on the
> form are the fields CustomerID and ContractID.  I would like the create a
> command button on this form and when clicked it would open the report based
> on the CustomerID and ContractID, there are 4 or 5 report possibilities.  The
> CustomerID and ContractID are fields on two different tables. Your solution
> appears to be exactly what I want to do, I just don’t know how to do it and
> where to code should go.
> Frank
>

> "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
>
> > I just noticed that, what do you mean from a query or a table?
> >
> > Create a form with two Combo's (Customer ,ContractID) Where the use select a
> > value, then add a button to the form with the code provided to open the right
> > report
> >
> > --
> > Good Luck
> > BS"D
> >

> > "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
> >
> > > One way will be just as you wrote it
> > >
> > > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then Docmd.OpenReport "B"
> > > If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > >
> > > Another way will be using  Else
> > > If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=1 then
> > >     Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > > Else
> > >     If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then
> > >             Docmd.OpenReport "B"
> > >     Else
> > >             If Customer ID=2 and ContractID=1 then
> > >                   Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > >             End If
> > >     End If
> > > End If
> > >
> > > But it hard to answer without seeing all the cnditions, from your example
> > > you can join the conditions
> > >
> > > If (Customer ID=1 Or Customer ID=2) and ContractID=1 then
> > >      Docmd.OpenReport "A"
> > > Else
> > >      If Customer ID=1 and ContractID=2 then
> > >             Docmd.OpenReport "B"
> > >      End If
> > > End If
> > >
> > > --
> > > Good Luck
> > > BS"D

For Ofer Cohen:
When I click on the Code View for the Command Button the code looks like this:
Compile Error
Variable Not Defined

Private Sub Model3_Click()

If ContractType = Electric Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Electric"
If ContractType = Gas Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Gas"
If ContractType = Oil Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Oil"
If ContractType = HeatPump Then DoCmd.OpenReport "HeatPump"
If ContractType = Cooling Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Cooling"

End Sub

Except I get Private Sub() not Declare Sub().
When I save the code and open the form I receive this error message when the
button is clicked.
Compile Error
Variable Not Defined

I should let you know I am using Access 97.
Frank

"Ofer Cohen" wrote:

> Locate the cursor in the OnClick event of the button created, on the right
> you'll see a button with three dots, click on it and select code view.
>
> Write the code between the
>
> Declare Sub ()
> ' The code
> End Sub
>
> --
> Good Luck
> BS"D
>

> "Francis Cunningham, Jr." wrote:
>
> > For Ofer Cohen:
> > To explain myself a little better.  I already have the form made, and on the
> > form are the fields CustomerID and ContractID.  I would like the create a
> > command button on this form and when clicked it would open the report based
> > on the CustomerID and ContractID, there are 4 or 5 report possibilities.  The
> > CustomerID and ContractID are fields on two different tables. Your solution
> > appears to be exactly what I want to do, I just don’t know how to do it and
> > where to code should go.
> > Frank
> >

> > "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
> >
> > > I just noticed that, what do you mean from a query or a table?
> > >
> > > Create a form with two Combo's (Customer ,ContractID) Where the use select a
> > > value, then add a button to the form with the code provided to open the right
> > > report
> > >
> > > --
> > > Good Luck
> > > BS"D

At a minimum I would guess that you need to add quotes around the
contract type value you are checking.

Private Sub Model3_Click()

If ContractType = "Electric" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Electric"
If ContractType = "Gas" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Gas"
If ContractType = "Oil" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Oil"
If ContractType = "HeatPump" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "HeatPump"
If ContractType = "Cooling" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Cooling"

End Sub

'====================================================
  John Spencer
  Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007
  University of Maryland Baltimore County
'====================================================

Francis Cunningham wrote:
> For Ofer Cohen:
> When I click on the Code View for the Command Button the code looks like this:
> Compile Error
> Variable Not Defined
>
> Private Sub Model3_Click()
>
> If ContractType = Electric Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Electric"
> If ContractType = Gas Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Gas"
> If ContractType = Oil Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Oil"
> If ContractType = HeatPump Then DoCmd.OpenReport "HeatPump"
> If ContractType = Cooling Then DoCmd.OpenReport "Cooling"
>
> End Sub
>
> Except I get Private Sub() not Declare Sub().
> When I save the code and open the form I receive this error message when the
> button is clicked.
> Compile Error
> Variable Not Defined
>
> I should let you know I am using Access 97.
> Frank
>

> "Ofer Cohen" wrote:
>
>> Locate the cursor in the OnClick event of the button created, on the right
>> you'll see a button with three dots, click on it and select code view.
>>
>> Write the code between the
>>
>> Declare Sub ()
>> ' The code
>> End Sub
>>
>> --
>> Good Luck
>> BS"D
>>

>> "Francis Cunningham, Jr." wrote:
>>
>>> For Ofer Cohen:
>>> To explain myself a little better.  I already have the form made, and on the
>>> form are the fields CustomerID and ContractID.  I would like the create a
>>> command button on this form and when clicked it would open the report based
>>> on the CustomerID and ContractID, there are 4 or 5 report possibilities.  The
>>> CustomerID and ContractID are fields on two different tables. Your solution
>>> appears to be exactly what I want to do, I just don’t know how to do it and
>>> where to code should go.
>>> Frank

0
John

Report
I want to build (1) report and have my Record Source be one of three queries based on a selection in an option box on a form. Can I do this? If so, do you have any coding that might get me started? OR Do I need to create three reports and use each query as the record source? Thanks If you have Access 2003 + you can use Reports!MyReportName.RecordSource = "MyQuery" where MyQuery is the name of the query you wish to change to. I don't know if it works with earlier versions. Evi "NEWER USER" <NEWERUSER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C9AA...

Money 2003 report problem
I use Money 2003 for my business. When I try to look at business reports, all invoices entered after May 8,2008 are not included. I have tried reinstalling money and the file fix software downloaded from Microsoft site. ...

Two messages at no data in a report
I have a form with a Click-Buttom for opening a report. In the design mode of the report I have used "At no data" and there included a Messega Box saying "Sorry-there is no data in this report". When having no data i the report and clicking on my buttom in the form I will hav 2 messages. The first one is from my message box "Sorry ...." The second one is from the error handling for the buttom saying "Instructio Open report cancelled" (Translated from Swedish "Instruktionen PoenReport avbröts). A part of the error code for the buttom is...

Multiple reports with consecutive numbering
Is there a way to print out multiple reports and have consecutive numbering? I want to be able to print three or four different reports and have the pages numbered consecutively or maybe it is sequentially starting at page 1. I can get the the reports to print in order but just can't get the page numbering figured out. Thanks Mark Mark, I think you will need to use VBA to do this. The (untested!) skeleton of the idea would be like this... In a standard module, declare a global variable, maybe like this: Public StartingPageNumber As Integer On a suitable event, perhaps the ...

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Can Process Server only print reports?
OK, another question related to unattended report generation...if I use a process server to run my posting jobs, is it possible to save the output reports instead of printing them? I need to do that because a lot of our reports are so large we don't print them - we keep MDI (or PDF) versions. I suppose I could set the reports to go to an HTML file, but wouldn't they get overlaid whenever a posting job runs (since they always have the same name)? Has anyone dealt with automating the posting report process? Bud, Here is what you could do: 1) You can setup a dummy file name (...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

how to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"?
How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without block as spam. Thank you. ay <nospam-jgy2001-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > How to make all email address in my address book "safe sender"? > > That means I wish all the contact email address in my address book > are "safe sender" and I wish to receive their incoming email without > block as spam. Version of Outlook? For OL 2003...

"Report is being generated" runs forever
Hi Friends, I am facing a funny issue with Report Viewer control in VS 2008 on Windows 7 (with SQL Server 2008). I wrote to partner support also but have not heard from them till now. So I thot of seeking help here. He goes the story: I designed a deployed a report in SQL Server 2008. The report is running fine via the web service (http://localhost/reportserver) & via the report manager (http://localhost/reports) Now I create a asp.net web application in visual studio 2008. I put the report viewer control and access the same report by supplying the information to the con...

formatting text on chart for specific values
Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show all of the dates that have downtime=0 as blue text, but I can't figure out how to make only those with a y value of 0 show up as blue on my chart. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Hi, This page may help with the formatting of axis labels. http://www.andypope.info/charts/hiliteaxislabels.htm Cheers Andy satraver wrote: > Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for > those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show ...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

Report Writer Dater Function
Hello: Does anyone know how to create a restriction in Report Writer to show the most recent date? I want to obtain the most recent date for the Apply to Document Date field in the body of my report. This field is in the Apply Open File (RM20201). Thanks. childofthe1980s ChildOfThe1980s, I would be more than glad to help if you could further explain what report in particular is this for, is it an aging? If so, would you like the most recent apply to date to display on a summary aging? Not sure I am following what you need. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

making a decision tree using excel!
hello all, i`ve been trying to make a decision tree using excel, the problem i encounter is that i wish to put information in to b11 which is related to information in b3, the information in b3 is ether 0 or err and is based on a "y" or "n" being entered, does anyone know which formula to use which will print a true of false statement in b11 Hi Andrew, If you mean print "True" or "False" or your error b11: =Left(b3)="y" So you can use YES, Yes, yes, Y, y and get True everything else will show False Or to treat the error in ...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet
I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to access from other sheets. The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from other sheets. I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it original form: Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc. (accross the row) I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each sheet but I am having immense problems getting there. If you can help. Parker Jo...

locate a column, sum specific columns to the right of that column
Tricky one here (I think): I have a drop down list of Labor Periods on a cover sheet. On a separate data sheet I have: Period 1 Period 2 ... Units Cost Hours Units Costs Hours The oldest Labor Period is the farthest to the right. I need a formula that will find the Labor Period selected from a drop down (DV) and sum the values to the right of that Labor Period. So if Labor Period 5 is selected, I want to add up the hours for Labor Periods 5,4,3,2,1. Any help would be lovely. Beric I think we need to be told about how you data is s...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

counting cells in a data range that meet 3 specific conditions
Bekah, =SUMPRODUCT((boolean1)*(boolean2)*(boolean3)) I'd like to be more specific, but your post was just too long, and I didn't read it all. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "bekah7" <bekah7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D6A998C-49D1-4B21-A8E8-0180E44E1183@microsoft.com... > Sorry, need info on creating a formula that will count within a range based on three pieces of criteria, i know i have to nest but am way lost...blonde :) ex: i have a database full of info on men, and I want to count all the ones that are tall, dark and ha...

O2K: custom action -- flag for same day but at a specific point in day?
Currently, when I flag something via the rules wizard, if I want the item to pop up a prompt on the same day, I must choose "0" days. Unfortunately, what that does is flag the message for the time it arrives, which isn't helpful. Yet flagging it for the day after, i.e., "1" day, is again not helpful. What is needed is to flag a message for the same day but for 16:50 or other specific time. Is there any way to do this via, say, custom actions or other? I've looked at what's available via slipstick (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/custom.asp#top), but ...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

Customizing the Report
Hi, I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Raju Launch Crystal, Go to Enterprise Folders, Under the MSCRM 1.2 folder locate the directory similar tothe categories found on the CRM reports page >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. >Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. > >Thanks in Advance. > >Regards, >Raju > > >. > ...

counting the occurrence of specific text within a date range
In a sheet I have activities completed by specific staff on specific date. I want to countthe number of times the activity occurs within each month (a date range i.e. 05/01/10 through 5/31/10). For each instance that the specific staff memebr completes the activity their name appears adjacent to the date the activity was completed. The dates are not in chronological order, thus the need to be able to search and find each date within the date range and to count how many times the specific staff member's name appears within that date range. -- John Try this... Use ce...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...