Line Break in unbound text box with hyperlink

Hi.  I have a text box that displays a generated hyperlink on a
report.  The problem is that sometimes the hyperlink is longer than
the text box and it grows vertically and inserts a line break after
the end of the first line.  When the user clicks the link on the
electronic PDF created from the report, it only picks up the first
line of link.  Is there a way to tell it to "wrap" to pick up the all
the lines?

Thanks,
Cathy
0
cathywoodford

How to convert hyperlink in Excel to show hyperlinked address?
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of hyperlinked email addresses. For example the list displays "Email", but the hyperlinked data is "mailto:name@domain.com". I need to "un-hyperlink" the information so that I have a list of the data itself - i.e. so I have a list of the name@domain.com addresses. Using Excel 2003. Thanks for any help you can provide! IN EXCEL 2007 (maybe 2003 but not sure) / right click the cell and select Remove Hyperlink. If my comment has helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Bruce" wrote: > I have ...

Macro to remove text
Could one of the resident macro experts kindly help me to do this please. There is text in column D of a worksheet. I want to remove anything that is in brackets, including the brackets. So this: A B C D -- -- --------------- ------------------------------------------- 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie (1941 version) 2 Q Artie Shaw (1941) Concerto For Clarinet (Parts 1 & 2) 3 R Artie Shaw Dancing In The Dark 4 S Artie Shaw Frenesi becomes this: 1 P Andrews Sisters Boogie Woogie 2 Q Artie Shaw Concerto For Clarinet 3 R Artie Shaw ...

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

Combo Box problem 08-04-07
Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even though I know for sure the value IS in the list? When I select the value from the list it wqorks fine and goes on to the next field.... Thanks Hi, Dennis. > Why is my combo box in both the table and the bound form not accepting the > hand-typed value and produces a "value not an item in the list" error even > though I know for sure the value IS in the list? No, the value _isn't_ in the list, because you ...

Draw line in a chart
I have the following problem. I have a chart (date on x axis) on which I draw a line. How can I obtain the ending points of the line in order to compare, mathematically, their positions to corresponding values of chart at the same date? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements I'm sure your post makes perfect sense to you and might to other readers, but I am los...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

text in cell shows up as ####

Hide text box
I am trying to hide a text box on a subform if a check box is = to false. I am close in doing so, but not there yet. This is what I have In the AfterUpdate property of the check box I have the following: Private Sub RevisedGrant_AfterUpdate() If Me![RevisedGrant] = True Then If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to revise this grant?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Me![RevisedGrant] = False MsgBox "Grant will NOT be revised", vbOKOnly Forms![DataEntryFrm]![ItemSubFrm]![Total$ofItemsRequestedSubfrm].Form![Revised Total Approved].Visibl...

OPOS Line Display Service Object
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am developing a service object for OPOS line display. When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really means ? In Control Programmer's Guide (OLE for Retail POS, Release 1.6) this is said in page 18, item 5: CLIP --> .... (This ensures that the Service Object supports at least the minimum methods of a valid Service Object for the device class, before calling any of its methods...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

VBA Combo Box
I have a combo box that I want to populate with a list of names. I do not want to reference names in the worksheet - using "RowSource" - I want to write the names in the code. I tried the following code: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() With ComboBox1 ..RowSource = "" ..AddItem "Male" ..AddItem = "Female" End With End Sub This gives me an error. Does anyone know where the code should be added. Is this on a userform? If yes, then maybe it should be in the Userform_initialize procedure? If it's on a worksheet, maybe in the auto_open or workbook...

Figures locked in text format
I imported data from a web page and used the feature that allows me to post the info to Excel with the destination formatting of the file I am posting it to. However, when I try to manipulate the data, as I have done in the past with other data, it will not let me reformat the text to number- no matter what I do to it. I've tried everything! I want to be able to sum the column, etc. Give us an example of the data you are working with. And what have you tried to "do to it"? Regards, Fred "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

CLick on Box to enter time of day
I have a worksheet where payment is entered in column C. I would like to use Column B as a time stamp. In other words as soon as data is entered in C5 then the exact time comes up in B5. When data is entered in C6 then the exact time cones up in C5. I do not want this time to change even when the page is saved and opened later on. Elfego You can enter a static time in a cell by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ;(semi-colon) You could also use event code to enter a static date when you enter something in a cell. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'when entering data in ...

Removing gray shading in protected forms (drop down box)
Hello- I am creating some contract templates for my company's sales force using Word 2003. I am using the forms toolbar to insert checkboxes and drop down boxes from which to select deliverable specifications. The problem is that when a user selects an option from the drop down box, the gray shading remains. I know the sales teams HATE the gray shading because they don't think it looks very good when sending to customers. Is there a way to disable the shading when an option is selected? Thanks. You can remove form field shading altogether using the corresponding b...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Hyperlink in my Dialog control
I want my text in a dialog control to behave like a hyperlink in a web page. Is it possible and how(VC 6.0) Thanks I. Lesher http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hyperlink.asp Here are some examples: http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/HyperlinkStatic.html http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/c/default.aspx (look for CStaticLink) -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lesher" <Lesher@triplebit.com> wrote in message news:uRDIoju#DHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | I want my text in a dialog contr...

Duplicate message box
Hi... Can u pls.anybody suggest for my below query..? My query is.... I set Primary key for 4 field together as i need to check duplicate values for these 4 field. When i enter the data into the form, it restricts to enter the duplicate values by giving the below message. "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index,primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields thagt contain duplicate data,remove the index,or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again." But, i ne...