Labels leaving a blank line where addr2 is missing

Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to include
all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is
missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line?
--
Brenda

First, check that the Section that contains your Address fields is set to
Grow and Shrink. To do this, click inside that section or on the grey bar
just above it but ensure that you are not selecting any controls. In the
Properties box next to Can Grow and Can Shrink (like Alice In Wonderland)
click Yes.
2. Click in the left margin so that you are selecting all your text boxes
(not the labels though) and set them to Grow and Shrink too.

See if that does the trick.

Finally, if you have any labels (as opposed to text boxes), these do not
Grow and Shrink but you can get rid of them (by replacing your fields with a
Text Box which says eg .

="Address:" & [NameOfYourAddressField]
Delete all your labels and see if this does it.

Evi

"Brenda Lichius" <BrendaLichius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to
include
> all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is
> missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line?
> --
> Brenda

0
Evi
3/13/2008 7:25:17 PM
I changed the property of the detail to CanShrink and of the text box which
contains the address 1 and the one which contains the address 2 fields but
I'm still getting a blank line.
--
Brenda

Brenda Lichius wrote:

>Some of my addresses have 1 address line and some have 2. In order to include
>all of them in the same label, I'm getting a blank line when address 2 is
>missing. Why won't it float if there is a blank line?

Did you use the CanShrink property?

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
"Brenda Lichius" <BrendaLichius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

 > I changed the property of the detail to CanShrink and of the text box
which
 > contains the address 1 and the one which contains the address 2 fields
but
 > I'm still getting a blank line.

Is there any other Control on that line besides the Address2 Text Box?  Is
the Address2 Text Box touching any other Control?  Either can defeat the Can
Shrink.

For Labels you want the Control to be Can Shrink, but you probably do not
want the Detail to Grow or Shrink, as it may throw the following labels
off-position.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

0
Larry

Mail Merge Labels problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have an excel spreadsheet and I'm using it as the data source on a mail merge. I'm trying to make labels. I choose the correct label size (avery 7160), I link the data, add the placeholder fields and then do the merge to a new document. <br><br>On the new document, page one is fine, but on page two and subsequent pages, it adds an extra row of labels at the bottom but these get cut off because the page isn't big enough. Sometimes the records are repeated at the top of the next page, ...

Printing labels?
Having set up printing labels how do I set up for different labels? Different as in design or different as in names and addresses? Use the merge for the latter and a manual template for the former. Templates here: http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liz19leen" <liz19leen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D0FC674-7FBF-4A63-B562-37BFF5673BCD@microsoft.com... > Having set up printing labels how do I set...

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Missing subject matter in some mails in sent item folder
We use office'97 in my office and when i send a mail out, it gets to the destination. However, i discovered that the mail does not have a subject matter any more in the sent item folder. Please what could have gone wrong? Thanks. Hi, sounds like the field was removed from the view in the Sent Items folder. This can happen by simply dragging the field heading 'Subject' off the screen and out of view. Go to the Sent Items folder, click View-->Current View-- >Customize Current View and then the "Fields" button. From the list on the left, locate the Subject ...

Chart Labels Don't Show
This is really a beginner question I am sure. Would really appreciate some help. When I create a chart in Excel 2003, sometimes the plot area is too small and crowded and not all my data labels show up. Is there any way other than dragging the corners to make the chart bigger (which doesn't always work) to make it big enough for all my labels to show up? THANKS!! As answered in .charting: You can format the x-axis: Click on the x-axis to select it Choose Format>Selected Axis On the Scale tab, for Number of categories between tick-mark labels, enter 1 On the Font tab, you can...

XL 2003: Replacing X-Axis Labels with Custom Ones...
Is there any way of simply replacing my existing X-Axis labels with those of my own definition, without having to add an additional data range? XL insists on inserting a nicely scaled axis (say 1 to 10) and I'd like 1,2,3,E instead... Any help appreciated... The way to achieve this is to use another range that contains the X labels you want. Is there a particular reason you don't want to do it this way? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Birmangirl" <Birmangirl@dis...

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Category missing in Money 2003
One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my Budget? Thx, Jeff Is it the subcategory Food:Groceries? "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:068c01c3dde9$0e321eb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of my main Money Expense categories is "Groceries," > but in my Budget, this category is missing. "Add" won't > add this category. Whereis it? How do I add it to my > Budget? ...

'insert file' missing file types (not all showed)
Hi there, I'm facing a puzzling Outlook 2003 problem so I'm trying the forum to see if anyone encountered similar behaviour and/or found a solution. On 'a couple' of workstations in the company there is a problem when users try to attach files in their e-mails. Not all file types are displayed in the 'insert file' dialog box (yes, *.* selected). For instance .zip files are not displayed. There is no problem receiving these kind of attachments! There is only a problem when trying to select these files as attachment using the 'insert file' dialog. We use ...

"Bring to Front" Data Labels?
I have a chart that has lots of data labels, so many that some of the labels become partially obscured. I have a routine that runs whenever a label is clicked upon, and one of the things I'd *Like* to do is to mimic a drawing object "Bring to Front" function. Is this possible? The way the chart is constructed might help (or hurt) my chances: I am graphing a tree chart, instantiated as an xlXYScatterLines Chart, and each "node" in the tree is represented by a series with two points (node and parent node). Each series gets one datalabel (at the node, i.e. the f...

Update a Label In Another Form
This sounds easy, but apparently not for me... I have a for that has a label on it. That label has a value in it (caption). I would like to be able to update that caption on that form via VBA. I have a function that updates a value in a backend table. I want to take that value and update the caption on that form (which will always be closed). I've tried using the following in the function, but it errors out: .... DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDatabaseLogon", acNormal Me.lblVersion.Caption = strVersion .... The error comes back saying invalid use of the Me keyword. Any he...

Multiple Blank Order Forms
I need to have two differet Order Forms for two different lines of business' that my client does within their one company. I need to be able to pick which report form to use during the printing process and would like to have two versions of the blank order form. Does anyone know how I can achieve this? Why do you have to use the Blank forms? -- Charles Allen, MVP "John" wrote: > I need to have two differet Order Forms for two different lines of business' > that my client does within their one company. I need to be able to pick > which report form to u...

Formatted text in multiple lines in CListCtrl
I would like to know how can I display formatted text (Different fonts and colors) in multiple lines in a single cell in CListCtrl icon view. I have seen samples on codeproject/codeguru that deals with changing text color/font. But I would like to display formatted text (e.g: Some bold text and some different color in multiple lines in a single cell) along with an icon in each cell. How can I achieve this using CListCtrl? If not, can you please suggest any alternative solutions? Thanks in advance. Sounds like you need an owner-draw control. Then you can do pretty much anything you want. ...

creating a blank formula cell
I am trying to create a sheet which has a number in cell a1 and another number in cell b1 and in cell c3 the sum, however i want cell c3 to stay empty until b1 is filled. I used to have this on a old spreadsheet but cannot find out how to do this on excel 2007 Regards Stephen Brown =IF(LEN(TRIM(K5))<1,"",SUM(J5:K5)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Stephen" <awai91@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:CB8AB2DB-4E87-4BCF-8AF9-2B0F05D74D20@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a sheet which has a number ...

Continuous Line
Hi. If I am creating a line chart with the following data, is there a way that I can get the line chart to skip the date with no data (6/10 in this case). I would want the line to connect between 6/9 and 6/11 instead of having a break in the line. Date Yield 6/6 96% 6/7 97% 6/8 93% 6/9 90% 6/10 6/11 85% 6/12 99% Thanks, Mike. go to <tools>(options><chart> and select the way you want skipped data to show >-----Original Message----- >Hi. If I am creating a line chart with the following >data, is there a way that I can get th...

merging labels
here is my situation...i have a spreadsheet of about 100 different products. i created a label in publisher to merge with this spreadsheet. i am trying to get one record from that spreadsheet to print on 1 page of labels. the sheet has 10 labels per sheet. when i go to print one record on 10 sheets, giving me a total of 100 labels it wants to just print each individual record. does anyone have a work around for this? thanks ...

How do you fit a line to a graph?
I am trying to fit a line to my graph meaning I need a straight line that goes through an x y scatter graph and is close to all the points. IF anyone has any clue about what im talking about please help??? lonschlong wrote: > I am trying to fit a line to my graph meaning I need a straight line that > goes through an x y scatter graph and is close to all the points. IF anyone > has any clue about what im talking about please help??? There are multiple approaches. 1) you can just graph your x,y scatter data. Then right click on one of the data points on the chart and select &qu...

?? Extra blank lines in 'address' cell after exporting to Excel
OS = XP Pro latest sp; MSOffice Pro 2003 latest sp I am using SQL Reporting Services (Sp1) to export data to Excel. The SQL query grabbing the data requires a case statement with carriage returns to format Address data. For instance the output looks as follows: SRT: ATTN: Sales 1603 Plasma Ave Stonewashed, IL 60135 When I export the report to Excel, the cell containing the address info gets formatted with a blank line (within the cell) between each address line. For instance: SRT: ATTN: Sales 1603 Plasma Ave Stonewashed, IL 60135 Is there a way to update the address column to remo...

Missing Form View
I have a front end containing some 60 forms with subforms. Somehow all the forms connected to one Tabular object (?) show blank. I can see the forms in design view, can see the headers in datasheet view, but cannot see anything in Form view which is where we want to input our data. I have checked all the hidden properties, imported to a new DB and checked my tape backups. It seems as though everytime I open a backup, the forms disapear again. I am using a backup from a date where I know the forms were there because it is our monthly metrics and I did an upload from them last month. I ca...

More than one line in a single cell?
How do I enter multiple lines in a single cell in a column? I need more than one line of information to fit it all in a cell of a row in a column. Please help. Use Alt-Enter at the end of each line, and format the cell for Wrap-text Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "u_gothope" wrote: > How do I enter multiple lines in a single cell in a column? I need more than > one line of information to fit it all in a cell of a row in a column. Please > help. ...

Missing OUTLLIB.DLL File
I have installed Outlook 2003 and receive error message, "Can't open application because the OUTLLIB.DLL is not found. I have re-installed but didn't fix my problem. Any suggestions? Nan <Nan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed Outlook 2003 and receive error message, "Can't open > application because the OUTLLIB.DLL is not found. I have > re-installed but didn't fix my problem. > > Any suggestions? See your previous thread. No need to post more that once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Missing formatting toolbar Outlook 2003
Still missing formatting toolbar in Outlook 2003 - name change of outcmd.dat did not help. Would a full uninstall/install of Outlook 2003 possibly help? Thanks! ...

I am getting blank messages from "myself"
I get about 4 blank messages a day, each addressed to me, and on half of them, the "sender" is listed as me. On ALL of them, I can't "block sender", because I am told that "one or more of the senders can't be blocked". I must have some sort of virus. Does anyone know the cause of this, or how I can get rid of it. Thanks. are the messages coming with any (possibly) blocked attachments? install a virus scanner (If you don't have one already) and scan for viruses. "Bob S." <rts.bob@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hm5680hbdmo1uoahdh6q...

Can you print labels using Excel 2002 in a Word 2002 mail merge?
I have Excel 2002 and need to get a mail merge into Word 2002. Is this possible? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Individual_" <Individual_@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C9574949-196A-4AE2-A2FC-B2AC18B762F4@microsoft.com... >I have Excel 2002 and need to get a mail merge into Word 2002. Is this > possible? Have you tried HELP index for MAIL MERGE? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Individual_" <Individual_@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Macro
I have a macro that I'm using to copy and paste special into another spreadsheet...the problem I am having is that it will not select the next blank line in the spreadsheet, it overlays what I already have. I need to have it keep adding to the existing data and I'm not sure how to do it. I'm sure it is something simple but I'm new to all of this! Here is my existing code: Sub Load_Data() ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+z ' Workbooks.Open Filename:="F:\SSCW\Load File.xls", UpdateLinks:=0 Windows("TEST- XXXXXX.xls").Activate Sheets("Sheet1&quo...