Label Question

I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type.  Example Civil, Class
Action.  In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group.
The current label is Lawsuit Type Count.  Is there a way so myb label can say
Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action
count?  I am not sure of the syntax.  Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like:
=[LawsuitType] & " Count"
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"scott04" wrote:

> I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type.  Example Civil, Class
> Action.  In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group.
> The current label is Lawsuit Type Count.  Is there a way so myb label can say
> Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action
> count?  I am not sure of the syntax.  Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Duane,
I have added a text book as advised and it is only creating a count of 1
even when there maybe 10.  I placed the textbox in the Lawsuit_type footer.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like:
> =[LawsuitType] & " Count"
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "scott04" wrote:
>
> > I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type.  Example Civil, Class
> > Action.  In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group.
> > The current label is Lawsuit Type Count.  Is there a way so myb label can say
> > Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action
> > count?  I am not sure of the syntax.  Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
The text box you asked for just replaced the label. It didn't have anything
to do with the actual counting of anything. If you want it to display bothe
the Lawsuit Type and the actual count, try a control source of:
=[LawsuitType] & " Count: " & Count(*)

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"scott04" wrote:

> Duane,
> I have added a text book as advised and it is only creating a count of 1
> even when there maybe 10.  I placed the textbox in the Lawsuit_type footer.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like:
> > =[LawsuitType] & " Count"
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "scott04" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type.  Example Civil, Class
> > > Action.  In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group.
> > > The current label is Lawsuit Type Count.  Is there a way so myb label can say
> > > Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action
> > > count?  I am not sure of the syntax.  Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Duane,
The only problem i have is the report is grabbing the number assigned to
lawsuit_type instead of the text small claims ect.......my tbl_lawsuit_type
is setup for example 1 small claims 2 civil 3 class action.  When my query
runs it grabs small claims but when i use this formula: =[LawsuitType] & "
Count: " & Count(*), it gives me 1 count and then then number of small
claims.  Can you assist?

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> The text box you asked for just replaced the label. It didn't have anything
> to do with the actual counting of anything. If you want it to display bothe
> the Lawsuit Type and the actual count, try a control source of:
> =[LawsuitType] & " Count: " & Count(*)
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "scott04" wrote:
>
> > Duane,
> > I have added a text book as advised and it is only creating a count of 1
> > even when there maybe 10.  I placed the textbox in the Lawsuit_type footer.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like:
> > > =[LawsuitType] & " Count"
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Apparently you used a dreaded (IMHO) lookup field defined in a table. Add
tbl_lawsuit_type to your report's recordsource and use the description/title
field rather than the number field.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"scott04" wrote:

> Duane,
> The only problem i have is the report is grabbing the number assigned to
> lawsuit_type instead of the text small claims ect.......my tbl_lawsuit_type
> is setup for example 1 small claims 2 civil 3 class action.  When my query
> runs it grabs small claims but when i use this formula: =[LawsuitType] & "
> Count: " & Count(*), it gives me 1 count and then then number of small
> claims.  Can you assist?
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > The text box you asked for just replaced the label. It didn't have anything
> > to do with the actual counting of anything. If you want it to display bothe
> > the Lawsuit Type and the actual count, try a control source of:
> > =[LawsuitType] & " Count: " & Count(*)
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "scott04" wrote:
> >
> > > Duane,
> > > I have added a text book as advised and it is only creating a count of 1
> > > even when there maybe 10.  I placed the textbox in the Lawsuit_type footer.

Thanks.  Can you add more than one recordsource in a report?

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Apparently you used a dreaded (IMHO) lookup field defined in a table. Add
> tbl_lawsuit_type to your report's recordsource and use the description/title
> field rather than the number field.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "scott04" wrote:
>
> > Duane,
> > The only problem i have is the report is grabbing the number assigned to
> > lawsuit_type instead of the text small claims ect.......my tbl_lawsuit_type
> > is setup for example 1 small claims 2 civil 3 class action.  When my query
> > runs it grabs small claims but when i use this formula: =[LawsuitType] & "
> > Count: " & Count(*), it gives me 1 count and then then number of small
> > claims.  Can you assist?
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > The text box you asked for just replaced the label. It didn't have anything
> > > to do with the actual counting of anything. If you want it to display bothe
> > > the Lawsuit Type and the actual count, try a control source of:
> > > =[LawsuitType] & " Count: " & Count(*)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Sorry Duane I had a brainfreeze for the moment and now understand what you
are saying.....thanks for all your help it works now!!

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Apparently you used a dreaded (IMHO) lookup field defined in a table. Add
> tbl_lawsuit_type to your report's recordsource and use the description/title
> field rather than the number field.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "scott04" wrote:
>
> > Duane,
> > The only problem i have is the report is grabbing the number assigned to
> > lawsuit_type instead of the text small claims ect.......my tbl_lawsuit_type
> > is setup for example 1 small claims 2 civil 3 class action.  When my query
> > runs it grabs small claims but when i use this formula: =[LawsuitType] & "
> > Count: " & Count(*), it gives me 1 count and then then number of small
> > claims.  Can you assist?
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > The text box you asked for just replaced the label. It didn't have anything
> > > to do with the actual counting of anything. If you want it to display bothe
> > > the Lawsuit Type and the actual count, try a control source of:
> > > =[LawsuitType] & " Count: " & Count(*)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Another Journal Question
Is there a way to have it record for all contacts, not just the ones in my list? IE., If I reply to an email from someone that is not in my contacts list. ...

Question about accelerator keys
Hi all of you, When I assign an accelerator key to a button name "Show options" an assign the accelerator key as 'o', the 'o' in 'Show' is underlined. I there anyway to tell VBA that I want the 'o' in 'options' underlined? In this particular case, maybe I can make o in options, a capita letter and get away with it but in general can we select the nt occurence of the letter to be underlined? Thanks. Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! AFAIK Excel selects the first occurrence of the chosen symbol. Al -- Message poste...

VLOOKUP Formula Question
I've got data from two different spreadsheets, but need the product cos from Data Range A to put next to the sales price of Data Range B. Data Range A Model Number Product Cost A 0.10 B 0.20 C 0.30 Data Range B Model Number Size Sales Price A 8x10 $1.00 B 5x7 $2.00 C 4x6 $3.00 What formula do I use if I want to get the SALES PRICE from Range B an put it right next to the Product Cost -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try using the following using your proper filenam...

Label Printing Error
After upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3R (1.3.1002), I am now experiencing an problem when printing labels. When I am in the Purchase Orders screen and choose Receive, I then scan in the received items. I then select Labels, click the Add All button, select the ITD/RTD radio button and then click the Set Quantity button. Then I select the Next button and complete the Print Label Wizard. If there are 30 items on the Purchase Order, with one of each item, the wizard will consistently print 30 copies of the first item on the list. This occurs from any station and no matter how the list is sorted....

Combined IF Statement Question
I'm trying to get a formula that if any one of the cells in A3:A9 are "No" then add the corresponding B3:B9, if "Yes" then don't add. I have six differenting connecting sum areas that all need to be combined in one formula. How can I do this? -- JustLearning =SUMIF(A3:A9,"No",B3:B39) -- David Biddulph "Cindi" <Cindi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7FDD15D-C14C-4E27-85A9-2E7AC14E2AA2@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a formula that if any one of the cells in A3:A9 are "No" > then...

Printing Labels From Excel #2
Hello. We entered our holiday list into Excel, and want to print mailing labels from it (Avery type, 3 across x 10 down). Is this possible from Execel 97? How is this done? Thank you for your help. Gil Nisco I have a similar question regarding printing mailing labels from Excel. If you get a solution I would appreciate it if you would let me know. I'll do likewise. Thanks. ----- GilNisco wrote: ----- Hello. We entered our holiday list into Excel, and want to print mailing labels from it (Avery type, 3 across x 10 down). Is this possible from Ex...

2 Questions #3
What are some -strategies- to testing formulas? :confused: Please describe the steps to creating a chart. :confused: Thank you! :cool -- shein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sheiny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26857 Hi Sheiny If you want to know the correct way to create a chart - these are the steps. Enter ytour data into the cells. Select the data and then click on the Chart Wizard on the Standard Toolbar - (the one w...

question on multiple email domains
what options do I have to accomplish the following: hosting email for 2 email domains on same exchange 2003 server (domainA and domainB). DomainA and domainB represent different divisions of one company but many users will be doing work for both divisions and therefore need to have the 2 email addresses. Here is the critical part: when email sent to say, rsmith@domainA is recevied by rsmith and rsmith replies, it must come 'from' rsmith@domainA, and when email is sent to rsmith@domainB and rsmith replies it must come 'from' rsmith@domainB. This is because it is the same ...

Two "getting started" questions from a newcomer.
Two questions 1. When I open Outlook, it doesn't automatically bring up my dialer to access my mail, as does Outlook Express. In other words, whenever I click on my Express shortcut, my dialer appears, permitting me to dial up and check my mail. But when I click on the Outlook shortcut, the program opens, but then I have to call the dialer up separately 2. When Outlook opens, I always see this window labeled Microsoft LDAP Directory. It doesn't matter whether I click "okay" or "cancel," because nothing seems to happen. How do I stop this window from popping ...

VBA Question #4
Hi: I have BASIC programming skills but have never had the opportunity to use VBA inside Excel. Using a UDF, I need to know how to take the contents of a cell and pass it to a variable inside my user defined function. I am trying to take the results in one cell and if it matches, then take the information from two other cells and multiply them together. I've poured over the VBA documentation and see how to push a value into a cell, but can't find any examples of retrieving a cell's content. Thanks in advance! -- Steve Spence Independent AMSOIL Dealer AMSOIL - The "...

A stupid Question?
I am a beginner of mfc. Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others thx a lot^^ Open both the projects together in the workspace. Now drag the resources between projects as needed. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "adams" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:bogk5k$fkm$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk... | I am a beginner of mfc. | Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others | thx a lot^^ | | i can't drag the resources between two opened project can you expand in detail thank a lot "Ajay K...

Strange "550 Relay Not Permitted" Question
Email works perfectly fine, except when we email one particular domain. Then we get an error bounced back: 550 relay not permitted. Does not matter which account I send from or which account I send to. I can telnet to port 25 and successfully send them a test email. I can send from an outside email (such as Gmail) just fine. They can email us fine. Their tech has a alternate domain setup that goes through the same servers, he says, and that works fine. I have a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 server running behind a SMTP gateway server which is just W2k3 with the SMTP service running. I use GFI...

formula question #28
I need to do a formula as follows. If the amount in column A is < $1500 calculate it by .034. If the amount is > $1500 then they get .00 of only the amount over %1500. Know how to do IF statements but can't seem to figure out how to calculate only on the amount under a certain value and not on the amount over that value. So results should be $1500*.034 = $51.00 00-1700 *.00 = $00.00 Total Commission $51.00 Help!!!! Thanks if you can do this.:confused: :rolleyes: -- Sharon D. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Compile error: label not defined
Hi everybody, I have two forms; I'm trying to requery a couple of fields on the first form when I close out of the second form. I have the following code on the OnClose event of the second form: Private Sub Form_Close() On Error GoTo Err_Handler Forms!frmReferralTracking!RefDoctorID.Requery Forms!frmReferralTracking!refDoctorLast.Requery End Sub Err_Handler_Exit: Exit Sub Err_Handler: MsgBox Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description & " - Form_Close()" Resume Err_Handler_Exit End Sub This is giving me a "Compile error: Label n...

Tick Mark Label
I'm making a bar chart showing the returns of quarter, 9 month 1 year 5 year since Inception. The returns of current year are negative i have my tick mark labels just below the axis...is there any way possible making the first 3 label above the axis so the bar will not block the label? Hi, You can change the position of the axis labels but it will affect all of them. Double click the axis and choose the Low option for Tick Labels position. If you really must have some above and some below then you can mimic the axis labels with additional series and data labels. Cheers Andy -- ...

Newbie questions
Hi there After many years of using Outlook express I am locking at moving over to Outlook. What I am about to ask has probable been asked a thousand times on the group, but I'm new here so I'm sorry. I am using Outlook 2000 I have run Outlook for the first time and said yes to the default directory where the files are held, thinking that I would be able to change it after like in express, but I can't see how, where or how do I change this directory? I have a main pc and a notebook, don't know if this can be done but can I sync the data between the 2 systems? If ...

Question about CSocket::Receive()
I have a class derived from CSocket. I have a vague recollection that I only get one shot at calling Receive() in my override of OnReceive(). What I mean by that is that if there's 2k of data to be read but I only read 1k when I call Receive() then the other 1k gets lost. Or can I call Receive() more than once within OnReceive() but after I exit OnReceive() I lose any data that didn't read? I can't remember where I've read this or something along those lines and I can't see it in the documentation. It may be that I'm completely mistaken and it's just my ...

Missing x-axis labels on chart in XL97
Hi All, Bit of a strange one this. I have a workbook containing lots of charts built using dynamic ranges. I have built them in XL2000, where all is well, but on opening in XL97 via a Citrix W2000 Desktop, the x-labels disappear. I have tried all the following to get them to reappear: -- Deleted the axis and put it back on -- Changed the dynamic range to a static range -- Set all the formatting options to automatic but still they don't appear. I have tried creating a chart with the offending dynamic range as the x-axis and that seems to work fine. And, very wierdly, if i change t...

Question about Forms collection
I have a super form with a tabbed control that has 6 tabs each with its own sub form(s). A Total of 8 forms involved. Form Hierarchy is as Follows Super Form Family Tab Family Contacts Sub Form Information Tab Information Sub Form Performance Tab Performance Search Form Performance Sub Form Product Product Search Form Product Sub Form Reports Reports Sub form I have been coding a set of business rules for this database and I've come across a problem According to Access Help Menu the...

Simple pie chart question
I'm a teacher trying to make a pie chart illustrating a part of a whole as a percent. I have two columns, one column (A1-A10)contains the total possible points for assignments 1 -10 the other column (B1- B10)contains the points earned for assgnments 1-10. the cell below each column has a formula that displays the sum of cells X1 - X10. So if a student has earned 75 points out of a possibe 100 you will see 100 in cell A11 and 75 in cell B11. OK. My question is how do I make a pie chart that will display something that looks like it is 75% one color and 25% another. I keep getting ...

HA design question 07
We are looking to use CCR on our Mailbox servers, but we only have one CAS server in the currently design. If we loose the HAS server can the Outlook 2007 client still connect to the mailbox? Do the Outlook 2007 clients connect directly to the Mailbox server or through the CAS server? My understanding is that Outlook will still function if you lose your only CAS. OWA, Activesync, and Autoconnect will fail though. Question: If you're building a HA environement you want at least two HT servers, right? Install your CAS role on your two HT servers and voila. "Ryan Sanders&qu...

questions on redeployment tool to copy production to test
In our environment, we have production and test CRM systems on two different domains/forest. Both have CRM running right now. Our objective is to refresh the CRM data in the test environment from Production. 1. The guide says that we need to create a new OU before starting the deployment tool. Do we need to create a new OU for our test system again. The OU is already present. What do we need to do to the OU and the users in it already in the test environment? 2. After the deployment wizard step in the document, the next step is Install Microsoft CRM. Do we need this step as it is alr...

Excel question, will pay for answer, commission schedule calculati
Hi...having a problem with an excel formula, maybe you can help. I am willing to pay for an answer via paypal, just let me know your price. Email me at busselle (at) gmail (dot) com Here are the basics (numbers are examples for simplicity): 1) Scenario is a sales rep is trying to get people to invest money. The sales rep gets paid a commission when that happens. 2) The commission is based on how long the person keeps their money in (amount of money invested does not change). For the first year, 20%. 2nd year, 10%. 3rd year and on, 1%. Let's do an example. Say I am a sales rep...

FRx question-selecting amount from account
I have the following account in my report with the following data: W-TOC-3850- -US 1/29 (3,520.00) 1/30 (261.84) I only want the 1/30 amount to show up in the report. How would I set that in the row area (or would it be set in the row area)? Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer On Mar 22, 10:59=A0am, Dave Christman <DaveChrist...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the following account in my report with the following data: > W-TOC-3850- =A0 -US > 1/29 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(3,520.00) > 1/30 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A...

Capabilities Question
Hi, Being a developer I thought I would go to the source! Sorry if this is a sort of sales question. Do you think the Service module would cater for a Web Design Company job system? We currently use a SharePoint service to do this but like the looks of Dynamics. Core parts of the system should; 1. Jobs Description 2. Time & Cost Management 3. Job Status (New, Awaiting Customer, etc) 4. Reporting 5. Task logging etc 6. Maintenance Contracts (Ie Pay $x up front and service times deducted from allowance) Do you think Dynamics can handle this and would I need to mod it? Thank...