Invalid Sheet Name on Export

When I export a report from Access to Excel via DoCmd.OutputTo I get an error
from Excel saying Invalid Sheet Name.  What can be causing this and how I do
to keep this error from happening?

Oh - and let me add that my report's name is a 10 character string -- all
alpha.

"Janie" wrote:

> When I export a report from Access to Excel via DoCmd.OutputTo I get an error
> from Excel saying Invalid Sheet Name.  What can be causing this and how I do
> to keep this error from happening?

Account name
I am setting up a pop 3 account using windows 2000 and outlook 2003, and everything is okay until I go into more settings and change the name. It tells me the account already exists. I have no other accounts set up, any ideas where to look that it might think this account already exists? I've searched the registry for the name, and I've gone into mail in Control Panel and there are no accounts, nor is there anything found in the registry with my name. Thanks. it would be listed in the accounts list... what happens if you make a new profile? Also, did you upgrade over another v...

force a font name and font size in report
I am using Access 2007 & rich text format. I copy & paste course descriptions from emails into an Access database. There are as many font types as there are emails. Is there a way to force the Access report to display and print the field DESCRIPTION using only one font name & size; i.e. Times New Roman and size 10? Try the PlainText() function. For example the ControlSource of your text box might be: =PlainText([Description]) Be sure to change the Name property of the text box first. Access gets confused if it has the same name as a field, but is bound to something e...

I have a Comma Delimited FIle that requires 10 characters for name
I use Excel a lot, but am by no means fluent with it. I'm trying to create a ..csv file, I have columns set up with (thousands) names, and those cells have to have 10 characters regardless of actual name length. Is there a way to do that without me having to space after each name? Also, is there a way to split a full name (ex. LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,MI) into three seperate columns? They are seperated by a space, but all are contianed in the first column. If you using Excel 2003, try Data-Text to columns "sueshe" wrote: > I use Excel a lot, but am by no means fluent wit...

email addresses tied to a spread sheet
When I attach an excel spreadsheet using the ‘send to mail recipient’ and then select ‘send the current sheet as the message body’ the email addresses that we always had tied to each sheet are no longer showing. When I’m ready to send the excel sheet as the message body, I hit the ‘send to mail recipient’. If this is a sheet that I send out as a message body on a regular basis, the email addresses and the subject line have always been stored in the address section and subject section when we were on the 2003 version. Now on the 2007 version, the email addresses and subject come ...

Can an Advanced Find be exported?
Do you know if an Advanced Find view can be exported Thanks, Clare when you create view , you usually share or assign to another users. I never heard of exporting it :=) /Aamir Thanks Aamir. I wanted to take it from one installation to another. Never mind. "Aamir" wrote: > > when you create view , you usually share or assign to another users. I > never heard of exporting it :=) > > /Aamir > > ...

Can't send e-mails
I can receive e-mails but not send them. Dialogue box states: "Please enter your user name and password for the following server. server: smtp.frontier.com user name: ___________ password: _____________" (I've not filled in user name & password here.) Is this a settings, or hardware (server) problem? Do I fix by changing live mail settings, or call my DSL provider regarding their modem/router? Has this e-mail account ever worked? You can't have an e-mail account without a username and password. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers. Is t...

Have data circulating between sheets
H I must get a way to have text and data automatically copied in the same excel document but from one sheet to another, so that a general table can subdivide in several particular ones. How can I do it? You can link cell data on one sheet to a cell on another sheet. In Sheet2 in a cell type an equal sign(=) then without hitting <ENTER> switch to Sheet1 and select a cell, say A1. Hit <ENTER> and the formula on Sheet2 will be =Sheet1!A1 When you alter the data in Sheet1!A1, it will also change in Sheet2. Gord Dibben XL2002 On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:21:05 -0800, "Morphine&q...

How to pass Window name & Form Name Ananymously in procedure?
I want to create generalized procedure for navigation, save, delete, add etc. buttons. But I cannot pass name of the window,name of form anonymously to the procedure. Can I pass name of the window or form in a procedure anonymously as it can be done with tables and fields? I seem to recall that I spent some time on this in Dexterity, and couldn't get it to work. I wish you could. If you find out how, please post or mail me the solution. "Nupur" wrote: > I want to create generalized procedure for navigation, save, delete, add etc. > buttons. But I cannot pass ...

User changes last name
I have a network user with an associated mailbox. The user's name is jsmith and the Exchange alias is jsmith. This user has a new last name now, jjones.The user wants her email address to reflect the new name. She also wants to have any mail that goes to her old address forwarded to the new address. Can I just rename some things or do I have to create another userid and create the new mailbox and import all the email into the new mailbox and forward the old email to the new one. That senario would also cause the user to get a default profile on the desktop which I want to try to av...

Clever way to swap sheet names
I'm looking for a clever or efficient or cool way to swap the names of 2 sheets using just one function or subroutine call. Suppose my workbook contains one sheet that is named "foo" and the other is named "foo2". I would want my function call to swap the names of both sheets. If the function is called again, it should reverse the process. Everybody here always seem to have better or shorter methods than mine, so I would greatly appreciate your ideas. thank you everyone. Not much you can do cleverly I would have thought, but here is one way Pu...

Named Ranges
I have a file with over 100 named ranges. I would like to expand the range of the name on all of these names. Is there a way to use the replace command or is manually the only way to do this? [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to keith. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] If the names refer to hardcoded ranges, i.e., Name1 =Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5 then you will have to either fix them by hand or write a VBA program that will make the change(s) you need. Alternatively, you use named formulas that adjust as needed. Suppose you have ...

does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a work sheet
does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel You could use OCR (optical character recognition) software to convert the image to text that could then be loaded into cells. My experience with OCR software has not been entirely satisfactory. Unless this is a large sheet, it may be easier to retype. Jerry bigjoe44 wrote: > does any one know how to convert a scanned sheet to a workable sheet in excel ...

Get Report Name
I have a report selection form that allows the user to select multiple reports to preview. They have the ability to check a box that automatically sends each report to a separate pdf with a predefined name and path, using the CreateReportToPDF code by Stephen Lebans. What I want to do now is allow the user to preview multiple reports but selectively send reports to pdf. I have a custom reports tool bar, I’ve added a button but can’t figure out how to determine the name of the report the user is viewing. Thanks for your help, Jim Not sure but, I imagine you could loop through the R...

Names of workbooks
One thing that drives me crazy is that I want to work on files at home, but when I bring them from the office to home and work on them, when I get back to the office, the full path names of the sheets I've worked on are saved. For example, if I have a workbook Houston.xls, and I refer to cells in the another file called Scorecard.xls, all references are to the full paths, and I have to spend time deleting all the full pathnames that were valid at home to the full path at work (on a server naturally, so the path names are really long. This is in Excel '97 (ancient I know, but the co...

Re: Suggest Name Now Not Working
"Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:... > My bad, it's the automatic name checking I use, not the suggest name. I get > confused between the two. Name checking is the one you get the red or green > underline squiggle to right-click and complete the email address. > > It's been a long week! > > PS Just got your Outlook Programming book. > > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message > news:OIBsc8XgEHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > Did you check your setting in T...

Outlook does not recognize one or more names
When trying to send mail with outlook this is what my response is, "oultlook does not recognize one or more names. I can send mail when using my verizon mail program but not with outlook. Any ideas? have you verified that both you imcomming and outgoing mail servers are set correctly? I believe that verizon has several outgoing servers. You may want to contact their technical support to get the correct configuration for your account. You also did not note if you are using a router or firewall program on your computer. This can also create additional issues with your configurat...

Entering a company name on the tab
Hi I am trying to create a tab that when I open Excel and click File New I will be able to see / General / Spreadsheet Solutions / Ashfield / I am using Excel 2000 - I know I did this before on 97 but can't remember how. I find it useful for customers who would like to store their own templates in their own area. Thanks a million for any help in advance Ann Ann What do you consider to be the "Tab"? A worksheet Tab name or the Caption you see in the Title Bar? For the former, just create a workbook with that sheet name and save as a Template. For the latter, you...

Compare 2 Sheets and Extract Unique Info to a 3rd Sheet
I have two sheets of stock data from a stock screener, both same parameters, just different time frames (i.e., one sheet is newer whenever I import new a new screen from the Internet), which will pull different stocks as time passes. I'm trying to compare the two sheets and extract the stock data (a whole row's worth of data, not just a cell) that is unique to the "Last Import" sheet. This would allow any new stocks identified on the screener to be transferred to a new sheet (called "Filtered List"). That way I don't have to research the same stocks over and ove...

Exporting messages from Outlook Express
Hi. I have to reformat my hard drive and I want to back up and later retrieve my Outlook Express message folders (I have figured out how to save my address book to the desktop with no problem). In the program I clicked "File...Export...Messages". Then I chose to export all folders. The problem is that I do not know where the backed up folders are now located. I would like to save them to a CD so that I can retrieve them and insert them back into Outlook Express once the hard drive is reformatted, but I do not know the location of the file/folder name to copy and save t...

Duplicate Computer name
I am getting an Event log error, indicating that I have a duplicate computer name on the LAN THE COMPUTER NAMES ARE SIMPLE - LIKE NCS1234. MOST DO NOT HAVE A DESCRIPTION - WISH I HAD! Short of going around to each computer, how can I search for it on the lan? North Coast Sea Foods wrote: > I am getting an Event log error, indicating that I have a duplicate > computer name on the LAN > > > THE COMPUTER NAMES ARE SIMPLE - LIKE NCS1234. > > MOST DO NOT HAVE A DESCRIPTION - WISH I HAD! > > > Short of going around to each computer, how ...

how do I find a list of databases with correpsponding company name
Hello, I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and remember it being easy but cannot remember where to do this. SELECT INTERID, CMPNYNAM FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500 "Tim Quiggle" <Tim Quiggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ECF5C5-74F9-494E-8C2E-B37EE12C8D0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their > corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and > rem...

named ranges in other workbooks
i have a range of cells whose values are validated from a list determined by a name the name is determined by a formula which references a range of cells in a different workbook (i'm on a office network...) the problem is: if the other workbook is open (on my desktop?) the name is o.k. and the validation is fine... but: if the other workbook is not open, the name results in an error i didn't think that this is the way it's suppose to work... AURGHH Mark, Do you use a full reference such as ='C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Book1.xls'!profit Bernar...

Print multiple copies per sheet
I have a pubisher file that is a card with a size of 5 x 6 and is 2 pages. Is it possible to print 2 copies of this file on a letter size page so that there will be 2 double sided copies on the letter size page. I need to laminate these cards so if I could get 2 per page I would just need to cut the page in half. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Dee Page setup, Business card, change copies per sheet, Side margin 1.25, top margin ..5, zero gaps, okay out, in the next screen change the measurements to width 6" height 5". The above will...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

import of excel sheet
Hello Group, at the moment I am evaluating MSCRM. In the course of this action I face a serious problem which prevents me from proper testing the functionalities. The error occurs, when I try to import some testdata and it states that an activeX-element could not be downloaded and import is stopped. Searching the web and group pages I added my CRM site to trusted websites and even allowed all activeX operations, but the error won=B4t dissappear. Our admin an me searched the active directory for a marauding group policy but: negative. Do you guys know of any other reason for this error or eve...