If there is a qantity in text box, make text box grey

Hi Folks,

My manager ask me if I can highligth a text box in details section of
my report if a there is data

If anyome knows how can I do that. Please help me,

Thanking you in advance for your help and support!
Fred's

0
Fred

Check out Conditional Formatting.

If you can't figure this out, come back with detailed questions.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Fred's" wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> My manager ask me if I can highligth a text box in details section of
> my report if a there is data
>
> If anyome knows how can I do that. Please help me,
>
> Thanking you in advance for your help and support!
> Fred's

How can i make a webpage like a www.hotmail.com
Hi, i just wanna make a page like www.hotmail.com to give mail acces to my users, but i want just the email, not the contacts like OWA, is this possible, how??? Thanks You could look into using Segmentation, it might give you what you want. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833340 Nue "Daniel Vargas" <DanielVargas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0829C68-FE1C-42C7-ACA7-7BC4B620F427@microsoft.com... > Hi, i just wanna make a page like www.hotmail.com to give mail acces to my > users, > but i want just the email, not the contacts like OWA, is this p...

How do I make a section link to certain sections
How di I make section link to certain sections Link in what way? Note that if you are referring to a header (or footer), it can only be linked to its "neighbor" in the preceding section. But you can bookmark text that you want to duplicate and then insert a cross-reference to the bookmark into your header (footer). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Delicate" <Delicate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30534AB8-1830-4D7C-A0C0-C27786434540@microsoft.com... > How di I make section link to certain se...

Create Modeless Dialog Boxes Query?
Hi Experts I have an SDI explorer type application with a tree view and a list view. In the listview i show the thumbnails of all the bmp files in a specific folder. Now when the user double clicks on any thumbnail i want to dynamically create a modeless dialog box. Now is it possible to specify the width & height of the modeless dialog box at the time of creation, say i want the dialog box to be of the size (400,300). If this is possible how can this b dun? Waiting for comments Regards mathu mathu, See below "Snav" <davinder_76@rediffmail.com> skrev i meddelandet ...

SMTP Emails not arriving in users mail box
Hello, I have a puzzeling problem! I have a user that has worked here for sometime. He has an address john@domain.com. Now for some reason external people that used to send him mail everyday or quite often has stopped going to him, the mail has stopped comming through to him and is being redirected to the administrator (as setup to do so in Exchange when it can't find the user). In his email addresses screen it is definatly in there as an SMTP address. When I send a test to this address from my hotmail account, the mail comes through to him!! I have checked with a number of the ...

Multiple Prompt CryptoAPI Private Key Dialog Box
Hi there... I have problem implement the S/MIME + PKI while integrating with Ms Outlook or Outlook Express...Generation the certificate I don't have any problem but when Ms Outlook prompt the CryptoAPI Private Key it will ask one time only...If I want the dialog box appear again I have to close and open back Ms Outlook then the popup dialog asking enter the CryptoAPI Private Key. Is there any solution I have to make Ms Outlook prompt dialog many times when I try to send email ? Any solution ? Thanks ...

How to extract a word from a text file
I need help to create a small batch script /procedure that extracts a piece of information from a text file: -Skipp first two lines in a file -Extract a piece of text from the 11-th character until the first blank / space character and store it into an environment variable. - Compare this info against a constant Any examples ideas please ? TIA Please post your query here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript hth "TIA" <TIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:416630B6-8A60-4B7E-AB50-1818361CEA66@microsoft.com......

How to make Outlook to invoke the IE browser instead of the Firefox browser
Hi, Whenever I click a link in an email, outlook always invoke Firefox instead of IE. How do I set Outlook to invoke IE (although I prefer Firefox outside the outlook environment)? Could somebody help me out? I looked through the Tools -> Options but didn't find anything regarding settting association programs. Thanks for any help. JD Outlook uses the default browser - so you'd need to set IE as default and open FF when you want to browse with it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:...

Putting database data into a combo box...
Hi guys, I have a working databse query thar returns a list of names. I want to put this into a combo box. Currently I am inserting the database data into a range on my spreadsheet (A1) and it uses as many rows as there are names. In my combo box properties I can specify the ListFillRange as A1:A5 or whatever and this works okay, but the thing is, as names are added to the database, I want the range A1:A5 to update dynamically. Q1. Can I send the QueryTable data directly to the combo box ListFillRange... With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=connstring, Destination:=ComboBox1.Lis...

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Anyone know how to set accelerator text for menu commands?
I have created a menu with text like this: "Do something\tCtrl+Left Arrow" When I run the program, this gets output in the menu as "Do something CTRL+NUM 4" Either Windows or the MFC has detected the accelerator and changed the text of the accelerator part of the menu command for me - i.e. "Ctrl+Left Arrow" has somehow become "CTRL+NUM 4". But I don't want this text. I prefer what I had. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? TIA Simon I can't see how it could possibly know what text you had there. It looks like it...

How do I display repeating text between worksheets only once on ta
Hi, I'm new to XLS and trying to work out how to display details from a XLS report I receive. I copy and paste the all details to a new work sheet. I want to display the names of the resources I'm tracking to a new work sheet. The catch is first cell (column a) starts blank first time this is run so I cant use vlookup as far as I can tell, Once the first name is displayed I then need it to skip this name as it repeats (sometimes) in the report - then display the next name and so on to each next free cell in the column. The 2nd time I run this I want any new names to be added to ...

Text output of a date/time field
I want to convert a date/time field to a text field so that I can import the XLS file into a table in Access. This is because I want to have my time field in the Access DB sometimes store an actual text (like "Lunch") rather than a time. If I force the first few records to have some text in the time field, then Access imports the time data like "1/1/1900" I want to end up with all text in the time field, not a date/time value. Is there a Paste Special or some other way to get this info into text? On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:16:17 -0800, "Bob Richardson" <b...

text display in MDI
Hello Friends Iam niranjan Developing MDI Application in vc++6.0 when iam displaying text in windows iam using OnDraw and OnChar functions. in OnChar function iam incrementing the x,y positions accoording to Key strokes. and making the string buffer to empty in "Enter" Key stroke in OnDraw function by using pDC->TextOut(x,y,str) iam displaying the text here iam not getting the proper data.... my problems are.... 1. after giving ther enter key curson going to next line but previous lines data in erasing , after ever enter key.. if any one knows solution plz help me to get th...

Click Boxes for each series in a graph
I have a chart with three series over time. Lets say the range is C2:Z5. The time is expressed in row 2 and the series data in rows 3,4,5. I want to be able to turn the series on with click boxes. I have the graph set up on a worksheet so that some of the cells of the worksheet are visible. I want to avoid VBA code (for now). So I would like to set up checkboxes on the spreadsheet itself (if possible). I want to be able to click the checkbox for each series. When checkbox is click series is visible when not clicked series not visible. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks. Hi ...

Extend visible cell text over adjacent cell
Apologies if this has been answered previously but I don't even know what to search for! If I type a long string into a cell (without wrap checked), the cell contents will be displayed in full if the cell(s) to the right are empty. However, if they contain information, the first cell's contents are visible only up to the border of the two cells. This makes sense under normal circumstances. I am looking for a way to enforce this first overlapping behaviour. The adjacent cell contains important info but does not need to be seen. In fact, I have made the font white so that it is invisib...

Color-filled boxes, borders aren't visiable on screen only in prev
We have Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on the computers at work. A coworker and I collaborate on a newsletter via our shared documents folder on the server. For no obvious reason, when she was working on the newsletter in Publisher today, none of the color fills, transparencies or text box borders would show up on the screen. The Format text box tabs show what she did and the changes are visiable in the print preview window, but not on screen when actually working in the document. The same document works fine and shows everything when I pull it up on my computer. I made s...

how do I make a 6.25X9.25 greeting card
I am trying to make christmas cards. The paper is 6.25 X 9.25. The templates that are offered in publisher appears to be for half fold of a 8.25 X 11 inch paper or quarter fold. How do I adjust the templates or must I use a larger paper. What version Publisher are you using? The instructions below are for versions other than 2007. Setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher will default to this size in page setup. You can then select booklet, and there you are... If you must use a template, open a new instance of Publisher, select the template, copy/paste the objects to your new...

CEDitView text buffer
I have an SDI application using CEDitView. I want to directly access the text in the window but I invoke assertion failures when using CEDitView's member functions. Is there a text buffer and how can I access it? RLS "jolly roger" <hagfish@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:MPG.19a0b2fcab8c26e19896a7@news.ind.sbcglobal.net... > > I have an SDI application using CEDitView. I want to directly access the > text in the window but I invoke assertion failures when using > CEDitView's member functions. Is there a text buffer and how can I > access it? W...

If check box changes
Access 2003 On my subform I have 3 checkboxes format Yes\No BBAll - control source BBAll default Yes BB1 - control source BB1 default No BB2 - control source BB2 default No and 2 textboxes TextBB1 - control source =DLookUp("[BB1]","[t000Facts]","[UnitID] =" & [UnitNo]) TextBB2 - control source =DLookUp("[BB2]","[t000Facts]","[UnitID] =" & [UnitNo]) If TextBB1 is null then BB1.enabled=false If TextBB2 is null then BB2.enabled=false this means if TextBB1 is empty then the BB1 checkbox selection is disabled(s...

Option buttons and group box
If I draw a group box and add some option buttons everything is fine However I have lots of option buttons already set up and now need t group them in several different group boxes. I can't seem to make this work, they just don't group at all. Any idea anyone? thank -- Markathepu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Markathepub's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=353 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31937 If you used optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, put a nice grou...

formula to separate text
Having a cell A1 with this text: Gomez....Fernando...Cost accountant How can I get this content broken in 3 different cells as follow: A2 = Gomez A3 = Fernando A4 = Cost Accountant Your help is much appreciated. Fernando Fernando It depends on what there is to distinguish the end of one section and the beginning of the next. If it's a space, or a comma (or similar), try Data / Text to columns. Post back if it's more complex than that! Andy. "Fernando Gomez" <fgomez@golden.net> wrote in message news:uoJ7LffAEHA.3024@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Having a cell A1 ...

make a quickjump
hi, i want to make a file that can calculate numbers from differen excelfiles. therefore i want to make a cell in this file in which you can enter th name of an excel-file. Another cell where i can put the range for th first variable in the excel-file, Another cell where i can put th range for the other variable in the excel-file...etc... please take a look at the simple dummyfile i put in attachment.. Attachment filename: results.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=62348 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Y...

Viewing ALL text entry for a cell
I have a spreadsheet which has a cell with long written descriptions for item entries in each row. Some descriptions are pretty lengthy and the cell seems to cut off the text entry once it's reached a particular length. How can I have the cell display the full text entry? I've got the cell formatted to wrap text and seems to do fine, until you reach a certain lenth (character count)??? Is there a max character count in the cells? If so, can that be changed?? I am using Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ from Excel XP help - Length of cell contents...

AutoSizing Text to a Rectangle/Shape
Hi, I've been search the internet, to find a way to auto size some text so that it fits with in the shape. I've found several references on how to resize a shape so that the text fits.. But I want it to work the other way around. I.E. If I create a shape which is 2" by 2", I want the text to fit within that, reducing the font size until it does. Any ideas? Thanks Gibbo you might check over here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/devref/HTML/DVS_09_Designing_Text_Behavior_388.asp?frame=true al "Wayne Gibson" <wayne.gibson@rendersoft.com> w...

Making pictures transparent
I have two pictures stacked one on top of the other. I would like to make the top picture transparent except for the lines of the picture so that the picture beneath shows through. How can I do this? In a Paint program... If the top picture is black and white you can use the transparency tool to make either the black or the white transparent. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23232AAC-2EAB-4DA7-A2B7-1BCEF6EDA8D0@microsoft.com... >I have...