Hyperlink created in Access does not function when printed to pdf

I have a database in Access 2007 in which I created a field that hyperlinks
to Google Maps for an office location.  In Access database, the hyperlink
works perfectly.  When I print the report to Adobe PDF, the link cannot be
accessed.  I have a similar field that opens our e-mail program and generates
an e-mail.  THAT works, but the hyperlink does not.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

You could use a different pdf printer driver.  For example win2pdf will take
any text that looks like a hyperlink and change it to an actual hyperlink in
the pdf file.

I assume the "out of the box" pdf capabilities do not work as well.

HTH,

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software

"therube43" <therube43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a database in Access 2007 in which I created a field that
> hyperlinks
> to Google Maps for an office location.  In Access database, the hyperlink
> works perfectly.  When I print the report to Adobe PDF, the link cannot be
> accessed.  I have a similar field that opens our e-mail program and
> generates
> an e-mail.  THAT works, but the hyperlink does not.
>
> I hope this makes sense.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Mark
5/18/2010 12:28:19 PM
I've had some luck with the "Save as PDF or XPS" optional plug-in for Office
2007. Saving a report as a PDF that way seems to preserve hyperlink
functionality, even though printing to AdobePDF does not.
--
Marvin Long, Jr.

"therube43" wrote:

> I have a database in Access 2007 in which I created a field that hyperlinks
> to Google Maps for an office location.  In Access database, the hyperlink
> works perfectly.  When I print the report to Adobe PDF, the link cannot be
> accessed.  I have a similar field that opens our e-mail program and generates
> an e-mail.  THAT works, but the hyperlink does not.
>
> I hope this makes sense.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

Device hangs when accessing San Disk U3 USB device
Hello, We have two platforms both running CE 6.0 with QFEs up to 8/31/09. One is an ARM based and one is an x86 based (ICOP board). When we plug in and access this Sand Disk device that has this U3 feature (it runs some stuff when plugged in to a desktop and mounts CD ROM emulation or somthing) it will work just fine on the ARM based device. On the x86 though the process who acessed the device will hang until you unplug it. The device seems to mount, the folder for the device is visible. But as soon as you ask for the file listing it will hang until unplugged. Any advice is h...

OT
Is the Microsoft Exchange website down, by chance? When trying to access the ExBPA Page or the Exchange 2003 SP1 page, or the /exchange/library page, I recieve a Page not found error (Can't post it due to copyright). http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/ExBPA/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library Error page that launches: http://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?404;http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/404.mspx When I try to access the main Exchange page, it now comes up with a 403 Forbidden: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange -- Bob Christ...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

Excel functions
Hi everyone, Hope somebody could help me with these problems. Problem #1. row 1 =DSUM(database,field,'$A4:$A5) where A4 = "destin"; A5 = "Consolidator 1" row 2 =DSUM(database,field,'$A6:$A7) where A6 = "destin"; A7 = "Consolidator 2" ..... row n =DSUM(database,field,'$An:$Am) where An = "destin"; Am = "Consolidator n" I waste a lot of rows for this criteria only because I do not know ho to create it another way, I mean (A4, A6 and so on) Problem #2 I have named several range of cells in workbook. I want to change...

Converting Access 2000 back to Access 97
Hi Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them to someone who runs 2000 and I dont have access to the help guide on 2000. Thanks Edgar If I remember correctly, Access 2000 has a Tools | Database ... | Convert | Convert to previous version feature. -- Good luck Jeff Boyce <Access MVP> "Edgar Thoemmes" <EdgarThoemmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2369C1-9310-4929-8CF0-90A137FC0A8B@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them > to someone who run...

print labels
Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? Thanks, Andre Not really, use mailmerge with Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Andre" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OWveirddGHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? > > Thanks, Andre > I have my names in Excel going across fname lname street etc. I then open Word and use mail wizard and follow it and give the excel file as its source Works great ...

Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable to create dest msg
I have a user receiving this error message. Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable=20 to create dest msg Outlook 2002. Theare are no rules configured.=20 Any Idea? tks, Alisson S. Ara=FAjo ...

converting hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizon
Hi , I am new to Visio 2003 . Can anybody tell me how can one convert hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizontal diagrams? Thanks Harsha Are you asking about a way to scan images into Visio and transform them into drawings? Or are you asking how to assemble a Cross Functional diagram? To make a Cross Functional diagram, you first choose how many bands to create. Then you click on the headings for the bands to change the text to the names you want. Switch to the Basic Flowchart shapes in the Shapes Window and drag out the Process shapes to create the steps in you...

Print bcc's on copy of sent message?
If *I* send a message and blind copy someone on it, is there any way to get Outlook to print the bcc recipients? Right now I'm having to handwrite the bcc's on my file copy. Would love it if Outlook would automatically print this. ...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

Epson Stylus NX515 does not print, not even a Test page
I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not print. Not even a test page. Here is a link to Epson trouble shooting site. Make sure when you want to print you pick your printer if there is a list of printers. "Ritter197" wrote: > I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is > also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not > print. Not even a test page. > > . > http://www.epson.com...

Print to a file
My program has some methods that print to a printer OK. But I need to put labels on those files afterwards so it would be better to print them to a file first. The program calls GetPrinterDC() before starting the printing. Is there some update that will permit the user to print to a file? Thanks, E-Jo Hello E-Jo, Glad to see you. Generally speaking, if you want to save and add the information in current dc to a file, you can create a dc from a bmp and blt all informaiton from the src dc to the bmp. I notice you would like to put labels on a file after it is printed. I am afraid I...

Access 2007 Report Question
We have an a main equipment table that shows multiple pieces if equipment and current location. Is there an easy way to create a summary report which shows the current total for a specific item at a specific location? If you set up a grouping report. It may be necessary to create a grouping/totals query first on the table and use that query to create your report. The report wizard should give you a way to summarize the information with a count. "Rex Mundi" <jimb424@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5b1f06b3-dec5-4bb6-a539-59886fc7f140@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

How to create a Sub validation list in excel?
How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a cell from another validation list, for eg I choose the make of a car from a list then the list next to that changes to the models of that particular make of car, is this possible and if so please could you enlighten me See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BC9D8ED-243C-4376-9C9D-4F1F65AFACBD@microsoft.com... > How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a ce...

Print Button
On my summary tab, I want to add a print button command that will print the entire work book if the button is pushed. How do I add the print button? Hi, First do the print setup for all the tabs then write a macro to print each tab create a button in summary sheet using toolbox assign the macro to this button Ratheesh ...

How to Declare Pointer to Member Function?
I have a thread that needs to make data visible to a function inside a separate class. In the past, I was using PostMessage to get my information to the class function, but occasionally a message gets lost this way. I could declare the class function as static, but then the function would not be able to interact with other parts of the class. The data is thread safe. // header: typedef void (*PtrToLpMsg)(LPTSTR lpMsg); PtrToLpMsg g_AddStatusMsgFn; // code: CMain::CMain() { g_AddStatusMsgFn = AddStatusMsgA; } void CMain::AddStatusMsgA(LPTSTR lpMsg) { // other code } On Mon, 16 ...

Userform
Hi all I have a problem I am using the following code, Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() frmOrders.PrintForm End Sub How is it possible to get the userform to be printed in landscape Thanks in advance Greg Greg, You could throw up a print dialog and allow the user to select landscape (and even the printer if required), and then print after, something like Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() Dim fOK As Boolean Dim sPrinter As String With Application sPrinter = .ActivePrinter fOK= .Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show End With If fOK= Then frmOrders.PrintForm...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

Printing: repeating columns on left and RIGHT
I know in File-Page Setup I can specify the columns to repeat at the left of each printed page. For my spreadsheet however, I need to repeat some columns from both the left and RIGHT sides of my spreadsheet on each printed page. Is there a way to do this? ...

Can't access
I just bought Windows XP and installed MS OFFICE Student Edition 2003. It doesn't have MS Publisher as part of the program. I really don't need Publisher anymore as I have several other programs that do the same for me, but I had Publisher 98 installed before and I have many files that are saved in Publisher. In spite of having reinstalled my Publisher 98, I can't open any of my files. How can I access my files so that I can save them in another program without having to buy a new version of Publisher I have Corel Word Perfect Office 11 -- Corel Draw 9 & Essentials -- Photo E...

missing characters in printed copy
i created a mail merge document. just plain text with one single image(signature on letter). after completing/printing the job. we just realized that some characters are missing within the body of the letter. i cant figure out what seems to be or root of the problem. i tried to save the same exact document to previous version..(97-2003) and then tried to print a couple of sheets....it looks perfect. can somebody gave me info what may have caused that problem? here's some additional info: o.s. xp word 2007 printer : canon ir110 using pcl driver note: used the same fl...

print spool large files
When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB. This makes the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure. We have tried new drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled. Thanks for any help that you may offer. Tony How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Can you add RAM to your printer? Have you looked at the printe...

How do I create a poster consisting of 4 x A4 pages which get glue
I know this can be done as I have done it some yaers before. It may have been in Power Point however. As I remember I created the poster content on the word document page and then using some option/s one is able to segment the page into 4 quarters, print these and then glue them together. I am using Microsoft Office Student and Teacher 2003 Word cannot create posters - try Publisher. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...