how to select certain records in a report.

Hi,  I want to run a report - but I only want to select certain dates (I have
a date field).  Like, maybe, I want to run a report based on sales from Dec 8
- 12, 2009, for example.  I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

thanks!

You are probably opening your report with a commqnd button on a form so add
two unbound textboxes on the form named StartDate and EndDate, Then make the
recordsource of the form a query that contains the date field. Set the
criteria of the date field to:
Between Forms!NameOfYourForm!StartDate And Forms!NameOfYourForm!EndDate

Note - your form must be open when you open the report.

Steve
santus@penn.com

"Thanks, Buddy" <ThanksBuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  I want to run a report - but I only want to select certain dates (I
> have
> a date field).  Like, maybe, I want to run a report based on sales from
> Dec 8
> - 12, 2009, for example.  I'm not quite sure how to go about it.
>
> thanks!

0
Steve

sum after max records found
I have the following information in a table: id record amount date 1001 0 100 12/31/2009 1001 1 150 12/31/2009 1001 0 100 11/31/2009 1001 1 150 11/31/2009 1002 0 75 12/31/2009 1002 0 125 11/31/2009 I want the max date by id and record and sum amount so i want 1001 250 12/31/2009 1002 75 12/31/2009 Right now I am doing it in 2 queries I first find max then second query sums it because if I try to sum it in the first one I actually get all amounts I'm not sure this will work for you, but you can try ...

MX records, Exchange servers with teamed NIC's
Folks, I have one Gigbit (fiber NIC) and one Gigbit (Copper NIC) per Exchange 2003 server (OWA 2003, Exch2003 mailboxes, connector servers). 1. Assuming that I can team Fiber and Copper NIC (Dell claims that can be done OK !), which IP address MX record should I input in the DNS servers ? What's the criteria to select which NIC should be designated as the IP address for this ? 2. If you have experience with such teaming (fiber and copper NIC, please let me know). If teaming doesn't work., do you think aggregation (make the two 1GB NICs become a pipe of 2GB thru configuration in the C...

MX Records #6
Currently I have my mail register with my ISP as mail.companydomain.com and my FQDN is us.mycompanydomain.us. I am getting NDR from certain ISP because they do a reverse lookup. I want to know what I can do if I register my domain as mail.companydomain.com but my FQDN of my mail server is mailserver.mycompanydomain.local. I have already change the name in advance to point to my FQDN (mailserver.mycompanydomain.com) in the Advance Delivery Tab. But now I cannot recieve any emails nor can I send any mails that does a reverse lookup. Do I have my ISP register mailserver.mycompanydomai...

Having users modify theier GAL record
I would like to provide a web based solution for allowing my users to modify thier GAL infomration. Any suggestions? I heard that there is a web based version of GALMOD. Is this true? Does it allow the user to modify all the fileds that GALMODCA allows? Another question about GALMOD. I saw a message somewhere stating that you should not use it if you are running Outlook2k3 in chached mode. Why Not? Just curiouse on this one. So back to my original Q. Is there a decent, non-complicated, web based product that will let my users changed thier info? Thanks, Steve F. ...

MFG Stored Procedure After Importing Inventory Records
I was advised to run a stored procedure called MFGFIX90 after inventory records are imported. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Jerry, This action is typically done by an administrator. It analyzes your MFG data to point out data integrity issues that might arise when importing records from "outside" the application and notifies you of missing logical table relationships. Go Start, All Programs, Microsoft SQL Server, Query Analyzer. When prompted, enter ODBC connection credentials to your server. Then, in the toolbar choose the "company" database you want to quer...

Selecting Citigroup 401(k) Plan
Does anybody know what this means: "The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Accounts has been disabled. Close and reopen Money. If the problem persists then try turning the service off and then re-enabling it. If the problem still persists you will need to re-enable the service with a new Windows Live ID." BRAND-SPANKING-NEW copy of Money+, stupid windoze id that's been working fine for years, over a dozen on-line accounts set-up ok. then this little gem. of course, i have already tried closing & re-opening. but the message doesn't e...

Lopsided report
I am trying to create a report which has Cash Contributors on one side of the page with In-Kind Contributors on the other side of the page !! (Side by side each other) I have all the information i need in the same query. If I create a single report, I get the lopsided effect. One group of contributors is higher than the other, leaving blank spaces above one side. I tried creating a report with a sub report. I used the MonthYear as the link, as I could find no other common ground. Doing that, I have encounter two errors, the filter (I used a form filter with the MonthYear as the filter...

Form Information to Report
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. First of all, i created a form with multiply text boxes with complex calculations in each text box. When you move from one record to another record, each text box will change due to the calculation. Now what i need to do is to create a separate report for each record. I started creating a report by copying and pasting the text boxes from the form to report in design mode. If at anytime the calculation changes, i don't want to change the calculation on the form and also on the report. (to much of chance of forgetting to change bo...

Fiscal Year settings and reporting
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I know that Fiscal year settings are once and for all. No changes can = take place in it. Is it possible to set the period to monthly and then = roll up by quarter? Can we generate quarterly reports if we select = month? =20 Thanks any help is appreciated.... --=20 Mansoor Awan=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfe...

select rows based on different cell
Hi, I would like to copy several rows based on the match of several possible cell to another spaces in the worksheet eg: the cells that I want to match A 1 =A6 Part A 2 =A6 Part B 3 =A6 Part C 4 =A6 Part D A B 6=A6 111 Part A 7=A6 112 Part B 8=A6 113 Part A 9=A6 114 Part K 10=A6 115 Part F 11=A6 116 Part D 12=A6 117 Part A I would like to have has result the following: A B 6=A6 111 Part A 7=A6 112 Part B 8=A6 113 Part A 11=A6 116 Part D 12=A6 117 Part A I already tried to use vlookup, match and so on but I cannot get it ...

Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table
Hi guys, I hope somebody may be able to help. I want to be able to automate the following procedure Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table. Many thanks - Batman2002 Batman, If you really want the entirerow, then use this - if you just want the selection, then remove the .EntireRow of the last line: Sub CopySelectioToNewWorksheet() Dim mySheet1 As Worksheet Dim mySheet2 As Worksheet Set mySheet1 = ActiveSheet Set mySheet2 = Sheets.Add(Type:="Worksheet") mySheet1.Activate Selection.EntireRow.Copy mySheet2.Range("A1") End Sub HTH, Bernie "...

Help Writing Reports for MS Access
Hi, I am struggling to generate reports via MS Access for a simple application I am trying to run. I have a table built that has four (4) fields with multiple records: Last Name, First Name, Date, and Currency What I would like to do is generate reports based upon the following criteria: Report based upon each user's contribution with a breakdown of each date. For example a user with the same LastName and FirstName may have made contributions to a fund on multiple dates, thus I would like to have a report generated for each user that has their respective dates and amounts displayed. A...

Re: SELECT TOP n -- looking for assistance
"Mrs. Lori Andersen" <lori.andersen05@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:... > > "Clif McIrvin" <clare.moe@nevergmail.com.invalid> wrote in message > news:OBnHJm00KHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >> Looking for help with a select query. >> >> I have a table containing a column: WeekEnding (Date/Time field). >> >> Each week will have a different number of rows. >> >> I'm trying to write a query that will return the rows from the most >> recent two weeks. I discovered that TOP 1 returns all ...

AUTOMATE my CUSTOM REPORTS
PLEASE someone tell me how to have a custom report automatically. AND I DONT WANT SOME EXPENSIVE ADD-ON RESALERS!!!!!!!!! "PLEASE someone tell me how to have a custom report automatically..." Do what? Automatically get pushed to all stores? Automatically be available to all So Manager apps on your network? Or. Automatically download from the Reports Library? Rob "David Parrish" <david.parrish@vino100-lakeway.com> wrote in message news:e4oJNRzWGHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > PLEASE someone tell me how to have a custom report automatically. AND I > D...

Count number of cells that contain a certain letter
I have an worksheet that counts the number of cells containing a certai letter: E.g. Code ------------------- =(COUNTIF($B$4:$AO$25,"a") ------------------- I would like to make this case sensitive so I can return the number o lowercase 'a' and the number of uppercase 'A' Thanks for any hel -- elit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elite's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2739 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46912 =COUNTIF($B$4:$AO$25...

FRx Report Launcher
Reoprt Launcher is hanging up for one user. When she generates the report the window opens and says it is "Retrieving", but it never opens the drill down viewer. I have full access to FRx (and do not use the Launcher) and have not had any problems producing the report. I corrected her default printer yesterday. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? Regards, Lynne What version and Service Pack. Have you set her up in Great Plains for the company that she is trying to access. I believe that 6.5 with SP3 and lower you will need to reset the users password using...

SUM on 1 uniques record from primary table
I have 2 related tables which I have used in a query and then in my Total Income report. In the primary table I have the AmountPaid field which is the amount paid by a customer for an invoice. In my report I list all the invoice items and the AmountPaid is repeated for each record. As a result, if I SUM the AmountPaid I get a wrong result because the same value is added for each item in the invoice. How can I find the sum on the unique value of the Amount Paid if this value is in my primary table? Andreas Y. wrote: >I have 2 related tables which I have used in a query and then in ...

Duplicate record
When Converting a lead to a account and a contact at the same time I get a "Duplicate Record" error. This also happens if I try to convert all three at the same time. But if I convert a lead to an account and opportunity at the same time it goes fine. If I convert a contact and opportunity at the same time it works. If I convert them individually they are fine. Help!!! I did run automap in the schema aginst the three under the leads ...

Run reports on 2 different msde db's
We have 2 stores. 1 has 2 pos stations with a store ops server running the msde db. The other has just 1 pos/server combo which has a local copy of the msde db. They both sync with our HQ server via the Hq Client. What we want to do is run reports for both msde db's from the 1 store ops server. I can connect to the second msde db from the store ops server using the store ops administrator, connect option. When I run reports via the manager, the reports are based on the local msde. I can go into store ops administrator, configuration and change the Primary database Server. ...

CTreeCtrl's number of selected items
Hi, To know how many iterms are currently selected in CTreeCtrl, is loopint thru its items and checking each item's selected state the only way? I wonder CTreeCtrl has a simple function to do this? Please help. Thanks. Tony The answer is 1 or 0. Tree controls can only be single select. Jase "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:406CA2F1.7040401@srac.com... > Hi, > > To know how many iterms are currently selected in CTreeCtrl, is loopint > thru its items and checking each item's selected state the only way? I > wonder CTreeCtrl has ...

multiple select list boxes to filter form display
I have been searching for weeks for a solution but to no avail. My form has multiple-select list boxes (both text and numbers) that contain customer contact info, company revenue, and sales relationships. How do I code it so that the form displays (which will exentually be exported to Excel) only the records based on the multiple criteria selectioned within each box? Any help you can offer is appreciated. I'd rather not resort to a pivot table, which is the only alternative I can think of. Rebecca Rebecca, There are a couple of ways to do this. 1. One is to write code to dynami...

msg for no record found
The user enters a number (in Me.txtMBR) and clicks the button for this code and then the form opens with the information for that number. If the number entered does not exist it opens a blank form. That is the problem. I am trying to add code to pop up a message saying no record found. Could someone please help. Private Sub Member_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String If IsNull(Me.txtMBR) Then MsgBox "You must enter a valid Member Number." Exit Sub Else If Not (IsNull(Me.txtMBR)) Then stLinkCriteria = "[MemberNo]=" & "'&qu...

Problem with recording mortgage payments in Money 2004 Small Business
I migrated from Money 2002 Small Business to Money 2004 Small Business. Had one house and one mortgage loan prior to migration. Mortgage loan payment was set up in Bills and Deposits, and every month Money would correctly post interest and principal splits when the payment posted. Now after adding another house and another mortgage, I notice that Money no longer posts appropriately calculated interest and principal amounts for either of the loans. In the loan details screen it says amounts are "Calculated". When it posts to the register, when I open splits I see that intere...

slection change to make the selection go down 1 cell
i need a macro that will move the selection down 1 row if certain cells are selected. the cells are e13, e15, e17, e19, etc. If e13 is selected, i want the selection to go down 1 row, so that if e13 is selected, the selection changes to e14, and if e15 is slected, it changes to e16, etc. thanks! Tonso You waited a whole 4 minutes on a weekend before reposting your question... I've heard said that patience is a virtue<g> and keep in mind the people who answer questions on newsgroups are volunteers, not full time monitors, so you have to wait until someone who knows a...

When added a record wil automatically can be chosed in other form
Hello, I have the member data which can be added in a form. This table has the child filed of Address ID in from the PK of Address table. When I add a member data and found in its combo there is no the address yet, at the same time I open the address form and I add the address, then go back to member data on address I have a problem that if the address data is current ..in the address form, I can not see it in the member update form, we should return to the previous record then we can see it in the member form. My question is how can we make it even though the record of add...