How to do a form letter?

I've worked with Access in years past and just getting up to speed on
2007. I've been reading reams of help files and trying various ways
for hours to make a simple form. I need to pull up a person in the db,
click a button and print one of a list of form letters (reports) to
that person. I've tried creating a letter in Word and embedding it.
Even when I set it "to fit" it is reduced in size. If I stretch it it
looks funny. Regardless I then need to overlay field boxes everywhere
they're needed and try to get them to align with the letter. This also
means fields can't have any following text on that line because the
letter text isn't going to adapt to the field length.

I'm sure I could create a macro to export the selected data to a text
file that Word could use as a merge source, but there are about 100
different letters. So the operator would need to run the export macro,
switch to Word, open the correct letter, merge, then back to Access.
Not very workable to do many times a day in rapid succession.

I really hope I'm missing some easy way to do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

0
njem

how do I set up capital letters to open sentence in outlook 2003
i used to have automatic capital letters at the beginning of a sentence it is not so anymore That's covered on this page: http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftOutlook2003/outlookSpellingOptions/autoCorrectOptions.cwd "question" <question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EA0F10-22DF-43CA-B4C3-9BE6C0899985@microsoft.com... > i used to have automatic capital letters at the beginning of a sentence > it is not so anymore ...

Quick find by first letter should be available to other columns al
As an example, we can view accounts starting with a specific letter using the quick find bar accross the bottom of the accounts view. However, I want to quickly find those accounts whose contact name starts with a specific letter. Sorting the view according to contact name field and using next and previous arrows may be time consuming. It would be better if we could use the quick find toolbar for those columns other than the leftmost column also. Thanks, Bilge Gul ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To...

Where is the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe\TaxCut $40 Rebate form
I just purchased the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and TaxCut combo from the following offer from Money 2007. I was provided with only a $20 rebate form... what's the deal?http://store.digitalriver.com/store/money/Content/pbPage.moneyPlusTaxCut You need to make sure both packages, Money and TaxCut are the versions that have the rebates, not all packages do. It is clearly labeled on the outside of the boxes "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E91D36-6704-4339-8A11-F325EF98056D@microsoft.com... >I just purchased the Microsoft Mon...

open another form as SDI
Hi, I have a SDI application without doc/view MFC (so simple application). In my resource file, i have a form issue from FormView Class with some controls on it. Clicking on my menu item, i would like to display this form (in my resource file) inside my SDI mainframe application. How can i do this ? I tried to created a Class and to allocated it the same ID as my form in resource but i have a message error while compiling. thanks a lot, maileen You have to replace the View you have with another view. The way to do that is with the code shown below. Put the code in MainFrame. Add ID...

Form 11-07-07
Ok I'll try this differently and hopefully someone will get what Im trying to do. Currently I am using a spreadsheet it's called a Want Load Sheet Guy comes in and puts in the Want Column qty he wants for next week's load The spreadsheet contains about 50 macro's and is getting way out of hand. WA is linked to the previous weeks sheet, ADD is (Count - WA), Cout is QOH, Out is what was loaded last Week and In just calculates the count/Case qty The guys who use this Spreadsheet use the computer once a week and only input Qty's in the Want Column, everything else is hist...

IMPORTING A FORM
I have to fill out a payroll form each week for each contractor showing gross, deductions, net, hours and wages for each one. I have a form in formtoolv5 that I go in and edit. My quickbooks will download the payroll information I need into excel, but is there a way I can import this form and it would put things in the proper columns? I can not figure out how to do it in excel. I am very new to excel and all I have managed to accomplish is a headache. Any info would be helpful. I'm not familiar with FormTool v5. Where can we find out some more about it? Part of Quickbooks? Is ...

Form Loading Graphic/Script
Hi, I have a fairly intense DB and the forms can take a few seconds to load the data. Not terrible long so i am not too concerned about reducing the load time but i would like to know if there is anyway of notifying the user that the DB is doing something. Is this possible? Steve ...

How to send a form to my email address
I am trying to create a form in my website which I would like the page of content send to my email address. I use "Insert"-"Form Control" to build a page of the content. I added the "Submit" button to send the form content to my email address. However, when I published the website, and click the submit button, there are error message for it as: "The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons: 1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded)...

Creating a form
Hi, Pls guide how can I create a data entry box without using VB, also th data should get collected in a database (an excel file, as I can no use access) and I also want to create an MIS out of the dat collected. Is this possible without using VB? What is script editor, I know it is outside my league but extra inf does not hurt, eh!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi In an empty sheet: Cell A1: "Name" (without quotes) Cell B1: "City" (without quotes) Cell C1: "Phone" (without quotes) Format them centered bold. Now go to A2 and click menu ...

Split form problem
I’ve created a contacts form with a browser control to preview a picture. In order to refresh the browser I’m using the form_OnCurrent event. This is working fine in a single form but fails when I navigate in the split form datasheet. The main problem seems to be that Access runs my code in the context of the split form datasheet and not my main form. A similar problem is also occurring when resizing controls in split form view; Access resize controls in the split form datasheet and not my main form. Is there anyone else experience this behavior? What do you mean by "synchron...

Custom fields in item forms?
It appears as though POS2009 allows Custom fields (date, text, number) in the Customer form but not in the Item form. Our business requires tracking of item information (release dates, labels, configurations, formats, etc.) beyond which the standard fields in the Item form allows. Is it possible to add custom fields to the Item form beyond the three text fields that are limited to 30 characters? If not, is it possible to adjust POS2009 using the SDK to add the ability to add custom fields (for dates, text greater than 30 characters, drop-down lists, numbers) to the Item form? Would it t...

Meter bar for each record in access form/report
Is it possible to have a meter chart "graphong" the value for each individual record in an Access form or report. My previous attempts have failed. Using a modification of the following snippet seems like it would work but I dont know how to reference the value foreach record. The control always shows the value for the first/top record in the form/datasheet. Any help would be appreciated! Heres the basis of what ive been testing (posted elsewhere): 1. Create a Label control, with a sunken style, (we'll call this baselbl) and make it transparent in colour. 2. Create a ...

Continuos form as subform
I can't add a continuos form as a subfrom.Why? Is there any way? You can anywhere a Mainform, or in the header or footer of a continuous form, but not into the Detail section of another Continuous form. Access should give you a warning about this though. The way I like to inset a subform into another form is to tile the windows and drag one form into another directly from the Database window. God Bless, Mark A Sam "New_Access" <New_Access@project.com> wrote in message news:ufxcyrJOIHA.5988@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I can't add a continuos form as a subf...

Referencing Fields on a different form
Hi, I have a field that relates to company size on the account form that I want to link to a field on the case form. The idea is that dependant on what is selected on the company size picklist the field value on the case form is filled in. The field on the case form is a monetary value. I suppose my question is, how do I reference the field on the account form from some code on the onload section of the case form. My understanding is that the crmForm.all.FIELDNAME format will not work in this way. How do I reference the FIELDNAME on a different form? Thanks in advance my understandin...

Collections Management
Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each letter individually for every customer. Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter: -------------------------------------------------- Unhandled script exception: Cannot find report "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue". EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT -------------------------------------------------- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Remove Revenue field from opportunity form
I want to remove the revenue radio button field that asks if you want to enter the value yourself or have it system calculated but can't as it says it is required by the system. We do not have products so cannot calculate opportunity values. So it would be nice to remove the revenue field and default to the user entering the revenue value themselves (I can do the last bit). Does anyone know what is stopping me removing it? Hi Helen, Unfortunately you cannot remove this field. The reason is that the recalculate button on this form auto-calculates the revenue from the opportunity p...

Too many forms?
I have a filtered form created by the forms wizard; the filtering comes from an unbound form used to simply select an employee. The form is designed to enter data into tblCertification with fields: lngCertID chrIssuedID chrEmpID (the employee number) chrCertificate .... The filter is on chrEmpID. I have a combo box to display an employee name instead of their employee number. In order to enter a new certificate for a selected employee I needed to add [forms].[frmEmployeeSelect].[chrEmpID] to the querry populating the combo box. This works well. I liked the form enough to also...

How do I autofit row height to adjust to new text on Excel form?
I'm trying to set up a form in Excel that will have text entered by other people. There's a section of cells that I would like to set the row height to autofit to wrapped text upon data entry. I've set the autofit row height on a cell with wrapped text checked and tested it and the row height does not change. Can anyone help with this, please? Do you any merged cells in your form? They will no respond to row autoheight. Either get rid of them or you will need VBA code to deal with them. For the code................. See google search thread for code by Greg...

form fill-in and text manipulation
Here's my problem: I have a sheet that pulls in text data and formats it into specifi columns. There are two sets of data with multiple columns. I have another sheet that contains a template of a form. I need separate form for each row of text data from the other sheet. currently use COUNTIF in a VBA macro to count the number of entries i each of the two text data sections then copy the form as a new shee that many times. What I can't figure out, is how to take individual parts of data fro the rows of text and import them recursively into the different forms. E.g. 'Datasheet&...

select record in main form using subform
I have a main form "Magellan" and a subform "Household Members." "Magellan" form is based on a table, the "Household Members" is a query which finds all records in Magellan with the same number or text in a control called "family number". What I'd like is to be able to perform some action (I don't care what) on the subform "household members", that will take me to that specific record on the Magellan table. The subform is shown on the mainform as a table. Any ideas? Thanks, Carol -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...

Filter a popup form
Greetings all. I am trying to filter a popup form based on a datasheet field. When I double click on the field 'EWO' on the datasheet I am trying to open a popup, whose record source is a view having EWO as a field, and filter it to the record clicked on the datasheet. To open the form I have the following in the double click event of the EWO field on datasheet, 'frmMain': Private Sub EWO_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPopup" End Sub I can not seem to get the syntax of the filter on frmPopup though. This is what I trying. Private Sub Form_Open...

Sending a form with drop downs
Hi All, I have an Outlook user who needs to complete a template of a standard form for electronic communication to ensure that all details in a communication are sent. We currently have a Microsoft Word Document which has form elements in it, such as text fields and drop down menu's. A user will then fill this in, save it, attach it to an email (Outlook) and then send the mail to another user along with possibly another attachment. The recipient could be using either Outlook or The First Class email program but also possibly other email programs. The Problem is that it has been deemed t...

Showing another worksheet from a form
I have created a form. I want to be able to click on a command butto and show another worksheet (ie.graph). When finished viewing I want t click on a close command button and return to the form. Is this possible in Excel. Thanks in anticipation. Regards Rhem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rhema, There may be a slicker way, but you can to this. In the form, the button runs this (put in UserForm module): Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() UserForm1.Hide ' dismiss the form Sheets("Chart1").Visible = True ' optional Sheets("Chart1").Select Act...

How do you get calculated fields on access forms
I am trying to get a simple calculated field on a form - one that adds other fields (e.g. =Maxinv1+maxinv2+maxinv3 ) but it wont add - what am I doing wrong On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:48:01 -0800, Jeff wrote: > I am trying to get a simple calculated field on a form - one that adds other > fields (e.g. =Maxinv1+maxinv2+maxinv3 ) but it wont add - what am I doing > wrong What does 'Won't add' mean? Do you get #error displayed in the control? Do you get an incorrect result? Do you get no result? Do all of the fields have a value or are some Null? If so, d...

Calculating additional fields on a Quote Form
Hi there, I have this percentage custom field I convert into a money field using javascript which is added to the detail amount. I then calculate the tax in order to get a total amount. The problem is when i use the below script, when I save twice the correct total amount appears, but when I save and close a totally different total amount appears SCRIPT function OnSave() { crmForm.all.totalamountlessfreight.DataValue = (crmForm.all.totallineitemamount.DataValue / 100) * crmForm.all.discountpercentage.DataValue + crmForm.all.totallineitemamount.DataValue; crmForm.all.totaltax.DataVal...