How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?

no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields
into the report.   You manually delete one of each and proceed and it
continues to add double fields.

We did not have this issue in 2003 version.   WHat is the problem and how do
we fix it?

Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing
fields twice?

If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all
fields) in SELECT clause of the query.  It is a property of queries in design
view (Output all fields).  Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing up
twice.

In 2007 you can probably stop this from being the default.
Click the Office Button
Click Access Options
Click Object Designers
Uncheck Output All Fields

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

dj wrote:
> no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields
> into the report.   You manually delete one of each and proceed and it
> continues to add double fields.
>
> We did not have this issue in 2003 version.   WHat is the problem and how do
> we fix it?
0
John
5/25/2010 4:52:04 PM
To add to John's information I have had queries that in the design view did
not show the asterisk but if you looked at the SQL it was there.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing
> fields twice?
>
> If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all
> fields) in SELECT clause of the query.  It is a property of queries in design
> view (Output all fields).  Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing up
> twice.
>
> In 2007 you can probably stop this from being the default.
> Click the Office Button
> Click Access Options
> Click Object Designers
> Uncheck Output All Fields
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> dj wrote:
> > no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields
> > into the report.   You manually delete one of each and proceed and it
> > continues to add double fields.
> >
> > We did not have this issue in 2003 version.   WHat is the problem and how do
> > we fix it?
> .

Use Parameter Data to populate a form field
I am trying to figure out how to take the data I enter from a parameter query to populate a field on a form. Include the parameter(s) as a computed column(s) in the query, e.g. PARAMETERS [Enter start date:] DATETIME, [Enter end date:] DATETIME; SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField, [Enter start date:] AS StartDate, [Enter end date:] AS EndDate FROM SomeTable WHERE DateField BETWEEN [Enter start date:] AND [Enter end date:]; In the above example you can then bind text box controls on the form to the StartDate and EndDate fields. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England JudyKemp w...

cannot open excel file
I go to open an excel spreadsheet that was working perfectly fine on Friday (it is now Monday), and I get the following error message (regardless of Macro settings): "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I did a search of all "*.log" files on my computer, and the only one modified at the same time as the error is drwtsn32.log. Here's the entry I get from the log file: "Application exception occurred: App: (pid=624) When: 6/6/2005 @ 10:28:51.290 ...

Report available for items IN a stock count?
Is there any report already built in to Dynamics that will show us a particular vendor's items that are currently in a stock cycle count? Or show us if it's ever BEEN in a stock count (other than annual inventory) Is there something in SmartList? We are using v9.0 I could create one via MS Access if someone could tell me which tables would be the ones to use? Pam, From http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/inventory-tables/: IV00103 - Item Vendor Master IV10300 - Unposted Stock Count (header) IV10301 - Unposted Stock Count (line detail) IV30700 - Stock Count History (header) IV...

Access 2003 to Email issue.
I have a working Access 2003 form that has a button to open a report and send a email. This makes the report an attachment in the email. The name of the report is placed in the document as the name of the attachment. I would like to add the "variable" EmployeeName so that it appears in the attachment name. Is this possible and if so where and how do I code it to have this happen? I used to be a mindreader, but those skills deteriorate with distance. Without seeing your code, that's hard to do. If you're handy with VBA, try using it to change the name of the attachment,...

odd scroll bar behaviour in access, keeps returning to top
hi i have a user here, using ms office 2003, and he has noticed that when scrolling through ms access or excel, that often the vertical scroll bar he is using will return to the top position. this is the same for excel. its a bit of an issue, as he would be clicking through databases with thousands of rows of data, and it keeps retuning to the top of the row. i did notice that a program called ifinger kept popping up as this was happening. but i could not find info on the web linking this product with the issue he is having. if any one has any suggestions, id appreaciate it. Regards ...

Unclassified Transactions In Report
I am using MS Money 2002. I cannot create a report that allows me to include unclassified transactions while leaving some (but not all) classifications unselected. It appears that the only options are (A) to only include specific classifications or (B) include all classifications including unclassified transactions. There seems to be no way to inlcude only some classifications and also include unclassified transactions. This option is available in Quicken, and the limitation in MSMoney is keeping me from making the transition (which I would very much like to make). Could you tel...

Problem Accessing Service Calendar & Knowledge Base
Hi, I'm having a problem accessing the service calendar & Knowledge Base. I have CRM version 3.0, I also recently reformatted my PC to a fresh install of XP Pro SP2. I has not worked on my PC since, however all the other users can acces these fine. I would appreciate some help. This problem can occur if you have the Outlook CRM client running. Try closing Outlook and all web browser windows, then opening the web browser and connecting to CRM. If this still doesn't work, try deleting all cookies on the machine -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

set report field forecolour based upon corresponding id entry in a 2nd report
hi, just joined..beginner i'm afraid.. if i have just read 'access help' properly it appears i should use condtional formatting to change a field colour in one report provided the 2nd report is open...can you advise the neccessary code format to use to refer to a 2nd report please as i'm not a programmer..hope this isn't too janet & john!.. thanx in advance, mike ...

Downloading Msgs From Outlook Web Access to Local HDD
Hey Everyone, I just got assaigned an email account for college next fall. Their method of checking email is Outlook Web Acess. I find this program extremly difficult to use and was wondering if it's possible to download the messeges from my account to my HDD using a program like Thunderbird or possibly Outlook Express? I tried connected via POP method- using mail.SCHOOL.edu as my incoming mail server and smtp.SCHOOL.edu as my outgoing mail server. Is it my school that is the problem or is it simply impossible to download msgs from Web Access? Thank You! -Oyster Outlook Web Access i...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

Crystal Reports installation
After we installed succesfully the microsoft CRM server, we liked to continue installing the Crystal Reports so we could make and adapt our own reports! We continued with the given CD (Disc 4 of the crm-set) and noticed an error! We're asked for an update from version 9.2.0 -> 9.2.2 before we can continue! I wanted to inform if anyone had this error already? why can't we just install this CD on the server to adapt our reports? Thanks, Sture Hi Sture, You will need to send an email to BusinessObjects to obtain the update from 9.2.0 to 9.2.2. Look at their website for more inform...

Rotate Label on Report
I rotated a lable on a report using the .Vertical property, however it rotated it 90 degrees clockwise putting the first letter at the top. I actually want it rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise with the first letter at the bottom. On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:11:38 -0400, microsoft wrote: > I rotated a lable on a report using the .Vertical property, however it > rotated it 90 degrees clockwise putting the first letter at the top. I > actually want it rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise with the first letter > at the bottom. See if http://www.lebans.com/rotat...

Converting Access to MS SQL
I got a big Access file (1 400 tables) to convert to SQL and I would > like to be provided with some automated tools, except upsizing wizard > and DTS, to convert it on my own. > > I got a lot of forms and query to convert too. > > I analysed a tool suggested by Douglas last week, but it convert only the data, and not the froms and query. Can someday provide me with other tool name ? > > Thanks, > > Guy As I told you before, SQL Server doesn't have forms and queries in it: it's a database only. Therefore it's impossible to find a product that will co...

How do I separate data in address field? #2
I have over 1,000 records in an address data base. The street address field contains both the house number and the street name. I need to place these in separate fields so that I can sort by street name. Is there a shortcut to doing this so that I don’t have to cut and paste each individual record? Thanks for your help. Look at data>text to columns -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Baylynx" <Baylynx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CA0894C-2652-4448-BEC4-399B45F56373@microsoft.com... >I have over 1,000 records in an ...

Outlook 2003 CONTACT | IM address: field
Is there any logic behind or functionality assigned to this field? If so, what PIM detail does the item expect? -- John Corbett jcorbett@sympatico.ca I don't think there's much functionality to it...as far as I know, it's just a place to store an IM username for a contact. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me :-) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:qUWCd.13124$7n1.784034@news20.bellglobal.com, John Corbett wrot...

create an acess report from multiple exel files
Hello guys, I have billing statements that are all done in exel with a template and stored in folders by month order. At the end of the month, I need to make a report giving: name, account number, payment due. This information is stored in the same cell in each bill as a template is used. I am doing it manually by opening each individual exel file and copy information and paste to another spreadsheet to create my report. Is it possible to extract some data from multiple exel files and create a report? Does anyone have any idea how to work around this? I really appreciate your time ...

Send sms from Access 2003 through http

Report
When I print a report I don't want the page footer to print at the end of the report I only want the report footer to print The page header must print on each page. The report is for a donation report. Grouped off donation Id, can have any number of items on each report 1 to xxx,xxx,x though the maxiumum so far is 25 items. which rolls the report to 2 pages. The report footer contains a signature block and also the same line as the page footer. Page footer (="Print Date: "&Now() ="page" & [Page]&" of "&[Pages] Dwa...

get warning office live add-in sign-in stopped working
Whenever I come out of any of the microsoft office programs, word, excel etc., I get a message box stating "Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working". Nothing seems amiss when I use office. Can anyone help as to why I get this message. Have you tried uninstalling the add-in via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Swift" <Swift@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8E480EF-DA3E-4FEA-90C7-5B702FF67C6A@microsoft.com... > Whenever I come out of any of the microsoft office pr...

How to subtract data in one chart from another chart in access?
I have data from a query in one chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to December 2009. Then I have another chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to January 2010. I want to create a chart that shows revenue for only the month of January2010. This means I need to subtract the December2009 revenue from the January2010 revenue. Is there a query for this? Can you please post the structure of your tables? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "Lanz" wrote: > I have data from a query in one chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to > December 2009. The...

Creating Case using web services

Outlook duplicating attachments
We use an Exchange server for our email. I have an instance when th user attaches a document, the receipient is receiving a duplicat attachment. This happens even when the email is forwarded to someone. Anyone had this happen ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Grey Out Unchangeable Fields in PO Receive Screen
There is an inconsistency in the UI regarding certain fields in the Receive PO screen in leaving the background color of fields white and allowing one to edit their contents. For example, when receiving a PO, one can edit the Price field, when that should be grey/uneditable (maybe SELECTABLE, but definitely uneditable). The New Price field is the one the user wants in this case, but it is possible to put updated prices in the wrong field. The size of the Receive window hides the New Price column and I cannot change the default size of that window (change that too!). Other fields that a...

Convert foxpro to access
Does anyone know how to convert a foxpro database to an access database complete with the forms and other objects in the foxpro database? AFAIK, it can't be done. All you'll be able to do is get the data out of FoxPro, but nothing else. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "pointer" <smutuwa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184002011.528781.263990@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know how to convert a foxpro database to an access > database complete with the forms and other objects in the fo...

How to position embedded Crystal Report in browser?
Hello Community I have an ASP.Net app that produces an embedded Crystal Report. The problem is that the report doesn't show in a fixed position on the screen when it is produced. Instead it shows up in different places on the screen. What is the command or property that will make the Crystal report show in a fixed location on the screen? Thanks Jeff -- JB ...