How do I use same date parameters for different queries and report

I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below.

That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and
reports pick the dates from the form.  But the queries/reports are still
asking me to
enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report.

Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly.  But when i try to
run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general parameter
box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another for
the end date.  Everything in my query criteria is typed correctly but
something must be wrong...  Any suggestions please?

Steve

Previous questions/answer below:

Subject: RE: How do I use same date parameters for different queries in 1 r
 2/23/2007 2:11 PM PST

By:    Gavelle  In:    microsoft.public.access.reports

Damian S - Two issues, i'm hoping that you can help!

I'm having the same problem as ccb.  I've followed your advice and set up a
form to have my query pick the dates from.  The report still is asking me to
enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/sub-report.

--
Gavelle
Having fun with Access!

"Damian S" wrote:

> Hi ccb,
>
> Use a form that has two date fields on it, then have your queries pick the
> dates up off the form instead of prompting, like this:
>
> between forms!FORMNAME.STARTDATE and forms!FORMNAME.ENDDATE
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Damian.
>
> "cocobear214" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to create a report of several queries that require dates as
> > parameters.  However, when I set the query to ask for the dates, it asks it
> > for everyone of the queries on the same report.  A single answer for the date
> > is suffiicient for all the queries.  How do I set this up?

The query (and so any report based on the query) will read the dates from
the form provided:
a) The form is open.
b) There are values in the date boxes.
c) You spell the form name and text box names correctly in your query.

The query may get the dates wrong if any of these apply:
A) You have not left the cursor in the date boxes (in which case the Value
may not yet be updated.)
B) The text boxes on the form are unbound, and you did not set their Format
property to one of the date formats (e.g. General Date.)
C) You did not declare the parameters in your query (Parameters on Query
menu in query design.)

More about that:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html

> I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below.
>
> That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and
> reports pick the dates from the form.  But the queries/reports are still
> asking me to
> enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report.
>
> Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly.  But when i try
> run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general
> parameter
> box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another
> for
> the end date.  Everything in my query criteria is typed correctly but
> something must be wrong...  Any suggestions please?
>
> Steve
>

> Previous questions/answer below:
>
> Subject: RE: How do I use same date parameters for different queries in 1
> 2/23/2007 2:11 PM PST
>
> By:    Gavelle  In:    microsoft.public.access.reports
>

> Damian S - Two issues, i'm hoping that you can help!
>
> I'm having the same problem as ccb.  I've followed your advice and set up
> form to have my query pick the dates from.  The report still is asking me
> enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/sub-report.
>
> Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly.  But when i try
> run the query (or report based off the query) i only get a general
> parameter
> box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another
> for
> the end date.  Everything in my query criteria is typed correctly but
> something must be wrong...  Any suggestions?
> --
> Gavelle
> Having fun with Access!
>

> "Damian S" wrote:
>
>> Hi ccb,
>>
>> Use a form that has two date fields on it, then have your queries pick
>> the
>> dates up off the form instead of prompting, like this:
>>
>> between forms!FORMNAME.STARTDATE and forms!FORMNAME.ENDDATE
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Damian.
>>
>> "cocobear214" wrote:
>>
>> > I'm trying to create a report of several queries that require dates as
>> > parameters.  However, when I set the query to ask for the dates, it
>> > asks it
>> > for everyone of the queries on the same report.  A single answer for
>> > the date
>> > is suffiicient for all the queries.  How do I set this up

0
Allen

open two different Access reports

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Web query timeout setting.

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Dates #9

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Qrp Date functions

Input to custom reports

date tracking

parameter for text

Short time vs short date

Mailboxsize is different
hi! i've got a crazy problem. when you look at the mailboxes in the exchange system manager, then you see, e.g. user xy with 220 mb mailboxsize. but when you look at the outlook, then the mailbox size is only 150 mb. but there are no filters or something else activated. and the problem is on the local outlook and on the terminalserver outlook. i hope someone has a solution about my problem. thanks. stefan ...

Date Calculation

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

date modified

Date function quit working