How do I do a Print Preview of the "Current / Active" page on a fo

Hello all

I have attached a command button to a form and when I press the button it
brings up a print preview of the report attached to the form. The problem is
that it always shows Page 1 of the report as the default page. I can then
only navigate to theother pages in the report by clicking the page arrow at
the bottom of the report. How do I code the button so that when I click the
button it shows a preview of the "current" record rather than always showing
the first page of the report as the default page? I want to use this so that
once people have completed filling information on a form they can click the
button and immediatly get a print preview of the information they have
entered.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Marc

See:
    Print the record in the form
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html

"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have attached a command button to a form and when I press the button it
> brings up a print preview of the report attached to the form. The problem
> is
> that it always shows Page 1 of the report as the default page. I can then
> only navigate to theother pages in the report by clicking the page arrow
> at
> the bottom of the report. How do I code the button so that when I click
> the
> button it shows a preview of the "current" record rather than always
> showing
> the first page of the report as the default page? I want to use this so
> that
> once people have completed filling information on a form they can click
> the
> button and immediatly get a print preview of the information they have
> entered.

0
Allen
9/13/2007 6:38:45 AM
Huh? The solution at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html
does not pop up an input box.

If you are getting a dialog box asking for a parameter, then Access can't
find the field name you used.

> Hello again Allen / anyone else
>
> I posted the code that Allen game me, but I am still having 2 problems:
> 1) When the input box comes up asking for the number of the report to
> print,
> if you press the cancel button, a message comes up saying "run time
> error".
> Not sure how to fix this.
>
> 2) Allen's code prints the current record using an input box where you
> need
> to specify the page of the report that you would like to print. Is there a
> way so that you can print preview the current/active record on the form
> without having to input the number of the record or the number of the
> report
> page?

0
Allen