How do I create Vertical line down whole detail section?

As the detail section can grow and shrink I want insert my line using On
Print in the property section as per some advise given in another thread (not
started by me). The advisor suggested the code [Me.Line (2.3 * 1440, 0) -
Step(0, 20 * 1440)]
]but I have no idea how or where to insert it. Can anyone help?  How do I
create or edit the [event procedure] in On Print in the properties section

Open your report in design view and double-click the gray bar above the
detail section. This should display the properties dialog. Click the Event
properties tab. Click the dropdown in the On Print event and select [Event
Procedure]. Then click the [...] button on the right.

You should now be in the code window with these lines already entered for you:

Private Sub GroupHeader2_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer)

End Sub

Enter the code below between the two lines to draw a vertical line about
2.3" from the left margin.
   Me.Line (2.3 * 1440, 0) - Step(0, 20 * 1440)

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"ruperthouse" wrote:

> As the detail section can grow and shrink I want insert my line using On
> Print in the property section as per some advise given in another thread (not
> started by me). The advisor suggested the code [Me.Line (2.3 * 1440, 0) -
> Step(0, 20 * 1440)]
> ]but I have no idea how or where to insert it. Can anyone help?  How do I
> create or edit the [event procedure] in On Print in the properties section
-1

Line graph along a single axis
Using Excel 2000. I have data I want to display in a line graph along a single (x) axis. I have a series of 50 distances between 0 and 1 and want to display them in graphical form. To show the variability between each of the distances I wanted to draw a single horizontal line (min 0 and max 1) - ie x axis but no y axis - and plot each distance as a vertical line along that horizontal line. This would grapically display the distances between each point. Can't get Excel to do this. Can anyone help? Phil Conaghan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http:...

Creating a bell curve chart
Hi I work in manufacturing and have pulled a set of data off our product checkweigher: 442.2 452.2 462.2 472.2 482.2 492.2 502.2 1 17 212 1791 470 41 6 20 294 1990 364 39 17 27 279 2000 263 20 9 113 1240 857 94 4 8 152 1695 790 79 2 21 243 950 1111 153 15 20 269 1407 883 120 11 27 254 1015 992 174 18 The top row is the product weight in grammes and each row underneath this represents the number of products that were checkweighed at this weight within the hour. How do I create a bell curve chart for this data. I also have the mean weight for each hour in a spreadsheet. Thanks Brian...

Creating a Calendar
I am using Microsoft Publisher 2000 on a machine running Windows 98 to create a twelve month calendar of events. Each month is a separate page. When I change the appearance of January, the other eleven months also change identically. This is desirable when I create the color and the location of the date numbers. Unfortunately, every time I change the size of an entry in a date box, some of the previously entered words and numbers in other months also change, and often not in the same manner. This can render some words too small to read and other words too large so they are not seen at all ...

Working on-line
Is that possible 2 or more persons working on the drawing at the same visio project(on-line)??? that�s means one person will work on part of ER, and the another one work on the second part, and after all come them together. Thanks for helping me. Daniel It's a common request, unfortunately no. al "Daniel Caetano" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uIMGjED0FHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is that possible 2 or more persons working on the drawing at the same > visio > project(on-line)??? > that�s means one person will work on part of ER, and the an...

How to create a column styled blog in Word
I want to use word to create content for a blog that looks like a magazine with 2 columns - how would I create a column blog ...

how can I create a directory of horse breeders with contact info?
I am currently setting up an access database of BC horse breeders with information such as, farm name, contact name, horse breed, stallion or broodmare service, address, phone/fax, email and website if applicable. My goal is to somehow turn this into a booklet much like a small phone directory, but as this is all new to me, I don't know quite how to best go about it. Publisher 2003? Catalog merge would be the way to go. Catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

LIne chart problem
I'm trying to set up a simple supply and demand chart in Excel 2007. I've done this many times with past versions but can't get this to work in 2007. Basically I want the price of the product on the y-axis (can't MS call it that, please?) then supply to run upward with the number of products on the x-axis and demand to run downward. I can't get the price on the y-axis no matter what I try. I've looked everywhere online, but switch row/column and using a secondary axis don't work. This should be so simple. Argh! -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Fru...

Line Equation and R squared disappear
I have a macro that is hiding rows. The charts and the information that is on them is included in these rows. These are XY scatter charts. I have changed the properties of the chart to "don't move or size with cells." However, it still isn't completely working. If a group of cells is hidden by the macro and then I make a new worksheet by right clicking the worksheet tab and selecting "move or copy," and then the macro unhides the same group of cells, the equation for trendline and R-Squared value dissapears. Instead, there are "x value" data labels...

Switching Horizontal rows with Vertical columns
I have been working on a giant spreadsheet for two and a half days now. It is set up with dates horizontally across the top and well# Vertically along the left side. I set it up this way so that I coul just highlight a whole column of numbers and get the sum at the botto with a press of a button. My boss would now like for me to "switch th X axis with the Y axis" so to speak. He wants the shorter list o wells across the top and the longer list of dates Vertically. So the my numbers and totals need to switch from being Vertical to horizonta as well. What is the easiest way t...

Master/Child what section
Using Access 2007 As for back as Access 97 I have designed reports with the PageHeader section containing the Master data and the Detail Section containing the Child data. And a PageFooter containing more Master Data. Trying to do a similar report now (Quotes in the PageHeader and Quote Items in the Detail section) think Order and Order Items if you want. Linking fields are QuoteNum in both. Opening this report in report view has ex: QuoteNum 5000 and its data in the PageHeader (as expected) but the Detail Section contains repeating lines of QuoteNum 5000 items. Thirty repeats ...

OWA issue when there is an elipse in the subject line
Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with an elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA 2003, he gets a 404 page not found. Any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. "Gustavo" <Gustavo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF8D1C6-95AC-44AA-A24B-1ADA7201F0B7@microsoft.com... > Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with > an > elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA > 2003, > he gets a 404 p...

Create Recipient Policy Based on Storage Group in Exchange 2003
Hi, I have a unique requirement of creating a recipient Policy filter based on Storage Group. I know that creating is possible based on Mailbox store. But I'm not sure about Storage Group. Can anyone help me. Regards, Rajnish rajnishmalik@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, I have a unique requirement of creating a recipient Policy filter >based on Storage Group. I know that creating is possible based on >Mailbox store. But I'm not sure about Storage Group. Can anyone help >me. Create one policy for each of the mailbox databases? The storage group isn't an attribute that's...

Can you intersect two objects and then draw a line around both?
I put two objects overlapping each other, and then I wanted to draw a line around both, but not each individually...can I do this in Publisher? I am using Publisher 2003 with Service Pack 1 Before I say "Sure you can", what kind of objects? What kind of line? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kjhearne" <kjhearne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:135B590F-6628-4257-8557-F592E9EE870B@microsoft.com... >I put two objects overlapping each other, and then I wanted to draw a line > around both, but not each individually...can I do thi...

Column-Line combination charts
Good day! I have been trying my best to do a column-line combination chart using a stacked column charts and with 5 lines with points at each end in excel 2003. I have been trying to do this almost everyday but can't do it. Apparently my boss was able to do it before in an older version of excel but she can't remember how she did it. I need help please... =) -- thank you! Mavy Does http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html provide what you are looking for? GL, Henk "mavy@discussions.microsof" wrote: > Good day! > > I have been trying my best...

delete /create item
hi, 1- i want to know if the deletion of an item in HQ will delete all related data ( transactions ,alias..) in HQ database ,and dose it delete the item from store database automatically (and all related data ). 2- can creation of an item in store creat it in HQ after connection. thanks best reqards Deleting an item in HQ does not delete the related transactions. It's best NOT to delete items unless there have been no transactional data against it. It's best to make the item inactive. No, creating an item in SO does not automatically create the item in HQ. Actually, doing so wi...

Creating a formula
i have a long list of data with 10 columns of information, one column identifies my committee that's responsible (the committees are identified numerically 1 to 9), I have another column with sub units that roll up to specific committees, sometimes i have one sub unit to one committee, other times i have 4 sub units to 1 committee. how can i create a formula that answers this question: countif[committee column, "1"]and [filed column, "no"] seems simple enough to me but i can't make it work -- Thanks, Susan =SUMPRODUCT(--(Committee_column=1),--(fi...

How Do I create a table in excel that shows frequency?
Working on an assignment for school and I can't find the right function/table to show me how to create a table showing frequency and relative frequency. Suppose your data is in A1:A100 and has values in range 0 to 100 1) In C1:C10 enter 10,20, 30...100 This is called the BIN 2) Select D1:D10, type =FREQUENCY(A1:A100, C1:C10, and press SHIFT+CTRL+ENTER If all your numbers are the same or you just get value in D1 you did not follow instructions! Now you have the frequency data: D1 is count of data in A1:A100 that is 10 or less; D2 is count for 11 to 20 3) In E1 enter =D1/COUNT($A$1:$A$...

Creating a new profile
My Outlook crashes everytime I send an email or anytime I try to use an email address look up. Detect and repair isn't working so I want to try creating a new profile but want to make sure I don't lose all my old emails. Does anyone know the step-by-step instructions on how to do this? thanks. "Bradj57" <Bradj57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB81E8CA-5DC7-4339-AE15-3783996E8368@microsoft.com... > My Outlook crashes everytime I send an email or anytime I try to use an > email > address look up. Detect and repair isn't...

line spacing *within* paragraphs problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In older versions of Word, I got about 46-49 lines per page single space; in 2008, with the same font, size, and formatting, I get about 36-39. This is not an issue with paragraph breaks--those are set to 0--just line spacing within paragraphs. Even on single space it looks like 1.5. I'm using the latest update, 12.2.4. <br><br>Can anyone offer a fix? Thanks. What exactly is the line spacing? Select a paragraph, then go to Format>Paragraph and check the number that you can find in the dialogue...

Should I use Publisher or Word for creating my first website?
Hello, I am creating a website for the first time. It is for a graduate course, and will not actually be "uploaded" to the world wide web. Do any of you have any advice as to which software I should use? I have the choice of either Publisher 2003 or Word .. I am looking for ease of use, but also want the site to look decent, as I will be graded on it. Thanks for any help! ps I noticed that there is no longer a wizard for creating web pages in word .. is there one for Publisher 2003? Like I said in the other newsgroup - NEITHER. Use a real web design program. (And please don...

RichEdit and vertical align
[VC++ 6.0] [RichEdit] How can I align text vericaly? I need to set text align to center, not "top" as it's set by default. ArtuS I wouldn't assume there is any other setting. To the best of my knowledge, there is not. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "ArtuS" <artu_s@gazeta.plNOSPAM> wrote in message news:bojqtg$776$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > [VC++ 6.0] [RichEdit] > > How can I align text vericaly? I need to set text align to center, not "top" > as it's set by default. > > ArtuS > > ...

How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?
Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line. Ideally, I would like to be able to have a vertical line on a specific date that would indicate before and after. Thanks. "Keylay31" <Keylay31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6278F29F-3391-4B89-AEE5-8E7666423650@microsoft.com... > Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out > specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line. > Ideally, I would like to ...

screen resolution => vertical graph title problems
Hi, I have faced a problem caused by screen resolution. I have compaq n 7010, which has a screen 1280x800 pixels. This resolution makes me problems with the vertical axes titles i excel graphs, it just cut off the last part of the title. If I chang the screen resolution to 1024x768 the problem is fixed but this is no appropriate resolution that is why it is impossible to work with it. I will be grateful if anyone has a solution for the mentioned problem. bartel -- bartel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bartelj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

Line breaks and plain text in Outlook 2002
As has been documented, Microsoft removed the option to encode in Quoted Printable in Outlook 2002. Does somebody know why this was done? Outlook is quite a robust program with many uses. One of these is e-mailing. For the high price of Outlook, I would expect that the user should get many options and many customizable features (it amazes me that one cannot customize the head of the original message when quoted in a reply, for example). I would also expect from Outlook something very basic, and that is the ability to communicate without line breaks. It is quite ironic that MS removes quoted pr...

Outlook 2002 will not send and recieve on created account
Outlook 2002 began acting up and it lost one of my e-mail accounts. I noticed that I was not getting any e-mail that I would usually get with the account. I checked and the account is not there. The other thing that I have noticed is that my address book and archives are listed where my other accounts are listed in the area where you would edit or add e-mail accounts. I went in and recreated the missing account and went to send and recieve and it would not bring up the account in the send and recieve box (it brought up all my other accounts). I went back and the account is still...