hiding columns

Hi,

I have a report that has 17 fields. Therefore, it has two pages when I print
it off.

Is there a way that I can squeeze the 17 fields in one page report?
---------------
In Excel, we can hide or show columns when we need them or not. Can I
hide/show the fields on report?

Thanks
Chi

Reports in Access are based on queries (ideally), or on tables.  If your
report is based on a table with 17 fields, you are still not required to
include all the fields/controls on your report.

A preferable approach would be to create a query that only returns the
fields/columns of data you need in your report, then base your report on
that query.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a report that has 17 fields. Therefore, it has two pages when I
> print
> it off.
>
> Is there a way that I can squeeze the 17 fields in one page report?
> ---------------
> In Excel, we can hide or show columns when we need them or not. Can I
> hide/show the fields on report?
>
> Thanks
> Chi

0
Jeff
1/15/2008 7:50:09 PM
Chi,
     You should be able to go into properties of each field.  Go to "Format"
and select no under "visible" this will hide the data but it will still
occupy that space.  Hope this helps.
"Chi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a report that has 17 fields. Therefore, it has two pages when I print
> it off.
>
> Is there a way that I can squeeze the 17 fields in one page report?
> ---------------
> In Excel, we can hide or show columns when we need them or not. Can I
> hide/show the fields on report?
>
> Thanks
> Chi

Negative Number column
I am trying to make a column product negative numbers when I manually enter them in a spreadsheet. I am using a simple sum formula to add across rows (10 columns) and the first column should always be a negative number i.e credit and the rest positive. I am real new to excel so I must be doing something wrong. Assuming the 10 cols are A to J, maybe a simpler way would be to use something like .. In K1: =SUM(B1:J1)-A1 Or, in K1: =SUM(B1:J1,-A1) with K1 copied down Then you could just enter the credit numbers in the first column "as-is", w/o worrying about making these nega...

How do I hide the names of Addressees in a sent note? ?
I wish to hide the names of the addressees from others when a send a note out to a broad audience Put them in the bcc field. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mark Clemens" <Mark Clemens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF1B74E4-C3B2-4DB1-94A1-1829E00F13A5@microsoft.com... >I wish to hide the names of the addressees from others when a send a note >out > to a broad audience > And if you don't see the bcc field in your email header area, you'll nee...

Assign a Value to a Duplicate Entry Within the Same Column
Within a single worksheet I have thousand-plus rows of data and one of the columns within that worksheet I have a series of numbers. After I've identified the duplicates within that column I want to assign a value based on the first time that number shows up (in this case by I'v sorted by date), so the first duplicate would have a value like "1." I then want to assign the next duplicate(s) sequentially (2, 3, 4, etc.) When finished I would want a new column of data that would have far more "1s" than "2s," more "2s" than "3s,"...

Column and line information in Word
I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and which line it's on. How do I view those details? In 2007, right-click over the Status Bar at the bottom of the Word window, and choose the options you wish to see, including Line Number and Column. Hope this helps DeanH "HS" wrote: > I have my cursor in a Word document and want to see which column it's in and > which line it's on. How do I view those details? ...

Name ranges and columns
I'm using MS Office Excel 2003. I'd like to be able to refer to a column by a name so that I could use 'Price'23 instead of C23 and so forth. I thought that I'd be able to do that by highlighting the column and then using Insert->Name->Define or similar (I can't figure out the difference between the Name->Create, Name->Define and Name->Label variations. In any case, none of them seem to allow the kind of construction I'd like. Do I have the syntax wrong in Price23 (for example ... how to separate column and row parts) or is the whole thing impo...

Hiding Columns In Excel
When I try to hide too many columns in Excell I get the following message and it won't let me hide the columns, "Cannot Shift Objects off Sheet.". Is there a workaround? What am I doing wrong? The following MSKB article may help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211769 Also, Dave Peterson recently posted this advice: '================ Someone with the same problem posted back that their comments were getting resized causing the trouble. Maybe enabling: Tools|Options|View|Comment and ...

hiding columns
Hi, I have a report that has 17 fields. Therefore, it has two pages when I print it off. Is there a way that I can squeeze the 17 fields in one page report? --------------- In Excel, we can hide or show columns when we need them or not. Can I hide/show the fields on report? Thanks Chi Reports in Access are based on queries (ideally), or on tables. If your report is based on a table with 17 fields, you are still not required to include all the fields/controls on your report. A preferable approach would be to create a query that only returns the fields/columns of data you need in you...

How do I rearrange (switch) the information in my columns to rows
Copy the data out of Publisher and into Excel. You can swap it out there with the Paste Special (transpose) command. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "larrey" <larrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EA8C76-ACA3-44A8-9876-78AE787885B6@microsoft.com... > The dirty way in Publisher, high-light the table, format menu, table, cell properties tab, check *rotate text within AutoShape by 90 degrees* Rotate the entire table 90 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

Marginal Abatement Cost
I want to create a marginal abatement cost (MAC) column chart in Excel 2003. The data I am using is sorted for cost ($/tonne/year). Then I have a marginal abatement (tonnes of CO2-e) and cumulative marginal abatement (also tonnes of CO2-e). On the x axis I will have cost. The y axis shall be marginal abatement, the width of the columns shall represent the marginal abatement, and their location on the axis will be determined by the cumulative marginal abatement. Since the data is sorted for cost, the chart shall show increasing cost with an increasing cumulative marginal abatement. ...

Column Graphs #2
I am having trouble with the scaling of my X axis (catagory axis) for a column chart that I have created. It is a series of numbers from 0 to 55. I need the graph to have a linear scale at the bottom and the columns to be distributed accordingly. Any suggestions? Thanks What data are you using for your X values? A column chart does not have a numerical axis. The axis is comprised of a set of labels, or placeholders. Do you need columns, or would another chart type do? Information on chart types and axis types: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CatVsValueAxis.html http://pu...

calculating subtotals for sequential blank cells in 1 column
if i had a column of data and i need to group/subtotal any cells containing zeros or isolated zeros, wat formula do i put in eg. 0 ) 1 ) 0 ) 0 ) subtotal = 4 (so i know it was a group of four cells) 4 5 1 6 5 0 ) 1 ) 0 ) subtotal = 3 6 7 8 0 ) subtotal = 1 basically the data shows steps and rests, and we need to know how long the rest periods are. single steps surrounded by rest (0) need to be counted as rest intervals. Here is one way. Assuming your data starts in A1... In B1 enter =--(A1=0) In B2 enter =IF(A2=0,B1+1,IF(AND(A1=0,A3=...

hiding rows #3
I want to find a quick way to hide various rows in a spreadsheet that contain zero values. i.e. below example i want to hide the whole row 'oranges' sales apples 100 pears 200 oranges 0 bananas 30 I have quite a lot of rows that may need hiding and any help would be appreciated, thanks. data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "karl middleton" <karl middleton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64150DD9-6E0D-460D-8D75-21117ED6C23F@microsoft.com... >I w...

Renaming columns #2
I'd like to rename the A B C D at the top to the name of my columns, o at least leave the column headings at the top of my screen. Does anyone know how -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tools>Options>View, uncheck "Row and column headers". You can insert a row and a column with your own names, but they will not be recognized in formulas the same way as "A1". But you can define row and column names and use the intersection as an address in a formula. The intersection operator is a space. So if you defined the name "Material" for column ...

Macro to find the first cell in a column with different data
Hello, I really could use some of your expert and excellent help with a problem I am having in creating a macro to perform a search in "Column A" to locate a change in the data in that column and then move one column to the right and one row down and type "1" in that cell. I really appreciate your help, and Have a Blessed Holiday Season. Perhaps this might also do it here .. Assuming data is in A1 down, of the structure as below: 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 etc Put in B2: =IF(A2<>A1,1,"") Copy down Kill the formulas in col B with an in-place: Copy > Paste spe...

hiding columns, error message says cannot shift objects off sheet
Hiding columns on a spreadsheet ( which we do frequently). Error message says: 'cannot shift objects off spreadsheet'. WHat does this mean and how do I work around it? Thanks! hi, excel thinks that there is data in column IV. excel by default cannot shift data off the sheet ie beyound column IV or below row 65536. solution. highlight all the column to the right of your data and hit the delete key. that should fix it. >-----Original Message----- >Hiding columns on a spreadsheet ( which we do frequently). Error message >says: 'cannot shift objects off spreadsheet&...

Hiding zero values
I have a chart with data in Columns C and E. I want the columns to zero out when subtracted (ex:=E2-C2). My issue is I only want zeros in the answer column G to display in the rows with data, not in the rest of the column where I put the formula. Is that possible? Any ideas would be helpful. I can't hide zero values becuase then nothing in the column would display at all. I tried an If Statement but I get a circular reasoning error. HELP! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A C# WaveOut API Player - Recorder Library http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/...

Hide worksheets if macros are disable
Hi, what I was hoping to do is if the marcros are disable when the file is opened all the worksheets are hidden except one with a message saying to enable macros in which case this sheet would be hidden if the macros were enable. TIA If macros are disabled, there's nothing you can do to change they way it opens. Maybe you can save the file with the worksheets hidden the way you want. Then have your auto_open/workbook_open unhide the ones you want to see. Eintsein_mc2 wrote: > > Hi, what I was hoping to do is if the marcros are disable when the file > is opened all the work...

What is the limit size for columns in Excel???
Hi, I am trying to paste some information on a sheet, but I see that columns have a limit size....Is there any "plug in" or some kind of feature to increase the column number??? No. On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:49:02 -0800, "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I am trying to paste some information on a sheet, but I see that columns >have a limit size....Is there any "plug in" or some kind of feature to >increase the column number??? Melissa, A sheet is limited to 256 columns. As far as I know there is no way to get around ...

Possible to hide a sub-report if NULL values?
Hi, I have created a report (column) that list open invoices and I have also attached a sub-report (different table) that displayes comments. Problem: sub-report is showing for all invoices, but I would like it to show ONLY for invoices that has a comment. That is, invoices that has no comments only list their usual values, and invoices with comments I have a sub-report displaying the comment. Is that possible? (otherwise my invoice-list with contain a lot of unecessary space - used by the sub-report). Kindly, Mikael Mikael Lindqvist wrote: >I have created a report (column) that l...

sort column by last digit
Lets say I have a column like: 12435G 19995 188884G 188465 277745 etc etc etc ...and I want to sort it so that the ones that end with the letter G are isolated. Is there a way to do this? -- Kepf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kepf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502969 In a helper column, add =IF(RIGHT(A1)="G","G","") then sort by the helper column. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from...

Printing the last column on every page printed.
I want to be able to print the last column of my spreadsheet (Total column) on every page that is printed from this workbook. How can I do this? I'm stumped... Thanks for your help! Are all the last columns in the same location (column X for example)? If yes, you could group all the sheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent). then select column X File|print|Select (bottom left corner) Do a preview first. But this prints each worksheet (column) on a different sheet. ====== You could have a macro that built a new worksheet and just copy|pastes values| that last column ...

CListCtrl question: dock columns to right
Hi, I have a CListCtrl which is a child of a resizable dialog. (The list control changes its size when the dialog is resizing). I need that the columns of the list will always be aligned to the right. All the columns (accept the first) have a fixed size. In order to achieve this behaviour I catch the WM_SIZE event of the list control and call to SetColumnWidth of the first column. The width that I set to the first column is the width of the list control minus the sum of the width of all other columns. (see code at the end of the question). Generally it works fine, but I get the most strange be...

Move Partial Data from One Column to Another
I am looking for a way to take 5000 lines of data in Excel and take th last 6 digits of the data and move it into another column. For Example: Take the last 6 digits and move to next column Data 1 Data 2 435490870985430984 | 430984 234083209842309820 | 309820 432958739287193872 | 193872 542389034098430945 | 430945 With over 5000 lines to move I need an automated process so that i does not need to be done manually, any help or ideas would be greatl appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are the numbers of the same length (...

Hide the Gridline for a cell in CListCtrl ??
Hi: I have a CListCtrl with gridlines turned on. Just wonder, is there a way to remove or hide the grid line for a particular cell? Thanks Polaris ...

charts hided with black cover
Accidentally, I have got charts covered with a gray sheet. After clicking a chart the sheet disappears! How to remove this enoying problem? :confused: -- res2001 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ res2001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384975 Choose Tools>Options On the View tab, under Objects, select "Show All" Click OK res2001 wrote: > Accidentally, I have got charts covered with a gray sheet. > After clicki...