hide zeros in report...

I have a report with NetAmount. Under NetAmount it contains numbers. Under
the last number there is always a 0.00, how can I make this not show? Thanks

Stephen

stephendeloach

You are describing something that appears on a printed report.  Without some
idea of how the report is designed, I can only guess...

You have a control on the report that displays something that equals (or
defaults) to zero.

If you don't want to see that, set the control property .Visible=False.  Or
delete the control.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com" <u32891@uwe> wrote in message
>I have a report with NetAmount. Under NetAmount it contains numbers. Under
> the last number there is always a 0.00, how can I make this not show?
> Thanks
>
> Stephen

Jeff
7/11/2007 2:11:53 PM
Exactly... I think it is set to default = 0... Its an invoice with line items
in the Details section... as the lines go down the netamount goes down..
leaving the last number 0.00 even if there is nothing on the line.. the
NetAmount controlsource is =[Quantity]*[Test] is that helps any?

Jeff Boyce wrote:
>You are describing something that appears on a printed report.  Without some
>idea of how the report is designed, I can only guess...
>
>You have a control on the report that displays something that equals (or
>defaults) to zero.
>
>If you don't want to see that, set the control property .Visible=False.  Or
>delete the control.
>
>Regards
>
>Jeff Boyce
>Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
>>I have a report with NetAmount. Under NetAmount it contains numbers. Under
>> the last number there is always a 0.00, how can I make this not show?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Stephen

stephendeloach
7/11/2007 2:33:53 PM
Use the Format property of the text box. Something like this should do:
"#0.00;#0.00;#"
The first part is for positive numbers, the second for negative, and the
third is for zero.  You can a a fourth, for Null, if needed.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Exactly... I think it is set to default = 0... Its an invoice with line items
> in the Details section... as the lines go down the netamount goes down..
> leaving the last number 0.00 even if there is nothing on the line.. the
> NetAmount controlsource is =[Quantity]*[Test] is that helps any?
>
> Jeff Boyce wrote:
> >You are describing something that appears on a printed report.  Without some
> >idea of how the report is designed, I can only guess...
> >
> >You have a control on the report that displays something that equals (or
> >defaults) to zero.
> >
> >If you don't want to see that, set the control property .Visible=False.  Or
> >delete the control.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Jeff Boyce
> >Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> >
> >>I have a report with NetAmount. Under NetAmount it contains numbers. Under
> >> the last number there is always a 0.00, how can I make this not show?
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Stephen

I figured it out...
If NetAmount = 0 Then
    NetAmount.Visible = False
End If

simple as that!

stephendeloach wrote:
>Exactly... I think it is set to default = 0... Its an invoice with line items
>in the Details section... as the lines go down the netamount goes down..
>leaving the last number 0.00 even if there is nothing on the line.. the
>NetAmount controlsource is =[Quantity]*[Test] is that helps any?
>
>>You are describing something that appears on a printed report.  Without some
>>idea of how the report is designed, I can only guess...
>[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
>>>
>>> Stephen

stephendeloach
7/11/2007 3:20:27 PM
Ok what I did didnt work when you printed. Now I have entered what you
suggested and it works but my numbers arent in dollars??

Klatuu wrote:
>Use the Format property of the text box. Something like this should do:
>"#0.00;#0.00;#"
>The first part is for positive numbers, the second for negative, and the
>third is for zero.  You can a a fourth, for Null, if needed.
>> Exactly... I think it is set to default = 0... Its an invoice with line items
>> in the Details section... as the lines go down the netamount goes down..
>[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]

stephendeloach

GP- Promise to Pay Reporting by Date Range
I wish to build a query that reports action type, Promise to Pay, by customer within a defined timeframe. In the attached test transaction, I report one transaction with an action date within this timeframe. When I run the query, it prompts me to check an action type when the action type is already built into the query? Why am I required to select an action type? I built query includes two transactions with Promise to Pay, Action Promised. However, one transaction is outside the nominated action query date. I report the same query where I selected a note range to 9/30/2008 and the s...

"Unidentified function" whe running 2000 Report in 2002
A Telephone Directory Report runs fine in Access 2000. When I try to open it in Access 2002, I get the following ERROR: Unverified function 'Left' in expression and can not open the Report in ANY view. Looking at the report in 2000 "design view", the function =Left([ResLN],1) appears in the ResLN header. (That puts the A, B, C, etc. at the head of each "last name" group.) Im trying to switch over from an old computer running Access 2000 to a new one running Access 2002. What to do? Please help! THANKS!!! Jim SEE FOLLOWING CORRECTION TO MESSAGE! ...

Can I hide a project custom fields ?
Hi everyone, I created a project custom fields but since it's a formula field I would like to hide it in the Project Information Panel. How can I do this ? A bit like in PWA, the project detail page never shows formula fields. Thanks -- Jean-Sébastien Dubois I'm using Project Server 2007 by the way -- Jean-Sébastien Dubois "Jici" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I created a project custom fields but since it's a formula field I would > like to hide it in the Project Information Panel. How can I do this ? > > A ...

Hiding amounts
Is there a way to keep the formatting in a cell, but hide the amounts? I have a document that is adding amounts and my employer doesn't want to see the running total all throughout the document. Any ideas?? You could hide the column containing the running total or change the text colour to white (or your background colour). "sunshine09" wrote: > Is there a way to keep the formatting in a cell, but hide the amounts? I have > a document that is adding amounts and my employer doesn't want to see the > running total all throughout the document. Any idea...

Sales Report vs. Tender Report
I performed a Sales report for 2006 and for the first time ever (in almost 2 years) ran a Miscellaneous/Tender report just to see how much was in cash, in check , in CC, etc. But then I noticed that the totals for the Tender were almost 20% below the total Sales shown on the Detailed Sales report for all of 2006. This was a really large discrepancy and I cannot figure out what the totals would not be equal, never mind that they are this different. Can anyone guide me in figuring out why there is such a huge difference between a Sales report and Tender report for exactly same period of...

Finance reports
Hi, Do anyone know where i can see examples of finance reports Thanks There are sample templates on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=finance Mohamed wrote: > Hi, > Do anyone know where i can see examples of finance reports > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

installing reporting services connector problem
Hi, I have a crm server that is configured to use a remote sql instance, with remote reporting services. When I try to install the reporting connector, It gives me an error saying it failed to detect the local reporting services installion. How come it gives this error, i mean, I want my crm to use the remote reporting services, not local. Thanks Does the connector installer get a reporting URL from the MSCRM_CONFIG DB? IF you where should I edit this ? "Dan" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a crm server that is configured to use a remote sql instance, with > remote r...

can't hide button.
i tried to remove a button by using: mybutton.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); but it just disabled the function of the button but not the image. do anyone have idea about the problem? thanks. kenneth Make sure you're not re-showing it somewhere else in your code, like on a timer or something. Bassam "kenneth" <kenneth@netxis.com.hk> wrote in message news:eFWerNnSDHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > i tried to remove a button by using: > mybutton.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); > > but it just disabled the function of the button but not the image. > > do anyone have ide...

Crystal Reports 11-27-03
Hi guys, I have the 'Please verify if you have enough Crystal licenses' error when viewing report lists. Tried to do what the Implementation Guide suggested by adding the NT Authority\Interactive and NT Authority\Authenticated Users into Local Users group but to no avail. Any idea, guys? Any feedback is very much appreciated. Cheers KC You can find techknowledge on support if you are a partner or customer having paid support. Refer to this, a lot of issues are resolved here. >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys, >I have the 'Please verify if you have enough Crystal l...

Report SOMETIMES prints a blank page
I have a report that seems to only print a blank page as the last page, it seems to only happen if the report is an odd number page (this could be Quince dent) I have verified the margins and size of the report does not exceed the size of the paper. The orientation is landscape, margins are .2 and width is 10.4 (before it was margins .25 and width 10.5) Either way there does not seem to be a pattern to explain why sometimes a blank page does not print and someimes one does. Again it seems to be if the report is 1 or 3 or 5 or7 pages long a blank page will print (even if the data tha...

CRM Online reports seem too basic
We're having problems with reports in CRM Online. We need a report that would give a count of "All the Accounts where StatusStage = Target and HealthSystem IS NOT BLANK", plus another count of "All the Accounts where StatusStage = Target and HospitalPartner IS NOT BLANK", plus another count of "All the Accounts where StatusStage = Target and DevelopmentRep IS NOT BLANK". If this was Crystal Reports, each of those would be a field with a formula. How do we do something like this in CRM Online? Thanks, Lon ...

E-Mailing a specific page of a report
I have lengthy report that is grouped by Zone ID. I want to e-mail the zone supervisor the pages of this report as an attachment (in a snapshot format) that deal with just their zone. currently we e-mail the whole report and the hunt for their information. The zone supervisor e-mail address is in a table called 'tblZones' I don't want to have to create a report with a corresponding query (if possible) for each zone. I am currently using sendobject to deliver this report. However we are not always notified of supervisor changes and would like to use the e-mail address...

Electronic report or file layout for Federal and/or State reports
Hello, does GP have the capability to support all some state and federal electronic reporting and available electronic new hire reporting? -- Thanks for your help ...

DataSource wrong in all .xml reports
For some reason, the DataSource name in all my reports is wrong (or maybe I'm just ignorant?). Shouldn't the DataSource Name="Company_Name_MSCRM", ie the SQL database name? Additionall, why does "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM" show up as the initial catalog? I found in VS, if i did a find/replace for all these DataSource Names, I could get the report to run properly in VS. Is this the fix for this - to find/replace the datasource name in all the reports? I've tried running a repair on CRM and publishing the reports to no avail <DataSources> <...

export report to excel (need grouping)
How can I export a Report to excel? I can't just export the underlying query, because I need to keep group header and footer. thanks, John Wasn't ever able to get it using vba. Got it exported, but it looked terrible. Finally found a good reason to use a macro though. Using macro, worked just fine. On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:44:09 -0700, johnboy7676@yahoo.com wrote: >How can I export a Report to excel? I can't just export the >underlying query, because I need to keep group header and footer. > >thanks, John ...

Repeat Grand Total on Each Page of a Report
I current have an agent report that lists their daily stats and a total for the date range (weekly, monthly, etc.). I know that using a report footer will give me a grand total for all agetns stats, however, is there a way to have the grand total repeat on each page so that each agent has their stats and the entire team stats on one page? You could probably create a subreport of exactly the numbers you want and include it in the page footer or header. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.ht...

Reports based on variables
I have a form with 3 drop down boxes called employee, supervisor and month, that pulls up a report. All 3 fields must be populated for that report. What my manager would like is to be able to select any or all of them and pull the report. For example if she chose a particular supervisor then she would like to see all the records no matter how many employees or dates there are, or chose supervisor and month and see those records or employee and month and see those records. Is there a way to do this. Thanks I generally try to NOT place criteria in the Record Source of a report. It is...

Access
The Excel - Transpose "function" would be very valuable to me in an Access report wizard for reports. I absolutely hate having to move data out of access into excel just to provide reports. Thank you for the discussion groups - that provide a solution. I'm not a programmer but my view of access is "a non-programmer's database", for business people that want to crunch data fast and cheap. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Ag...

hiding groupby / category labels in pivot chart
Greetings All: I create a pivot chart and the "Sum of [ColumnName]" and "Category" lables are always in evidence, which covers some of my data. How do I eliminate these things from the chart? Any attempt to move them is interpreted as an attempt to change the nature of the report, so I can't just shove them off to the side. Thanks; Duncan PS I can send a screen-capture of the problem if desired, but I'm hoping it's not necessary. I don't share my email address here and I'd hate to ask anybody else to do so... Select the chart On the PivotTable me...

Crystal reports hangup
Hello, While creating a report in Crystal Reports 9.2.2 using the Crystal Reports Wizard, Crystal just seems to hang indefinitely. I'm not even sure where to start to give you guys the information necessary to troubleshoot this. I've looked at so many aspects and potential solutions to no avail that I have now lost complete track. I am using Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on an SBS 2000 machine. Any ideas? Hi Krista If you look in System in Event viewer, are there any relevant errors occuring when you try to run the reports? Regards Dan "Krista" wrote: > Hello, &...

User Frequency Report #2
Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. Thanks! In System Manager you can see the last access time of a mailbox. So you could sort by date and then see which ones have not been logged in to for a while. "ATJaguarX" <JPGajewski@msn.com> wrote in message news:uHWCnWRkEHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to get a user frequency report in Exchange 2000? I need to > determine what users are not using their email to be disabled. > > Thanks! > > >...

Recover deleted report
Hi, I deleted the standard 'Quote' report that came with CRM. Our backup writes over itself each night so it is not on a backup tape. Is there anyway to retrieve that report from the install without reinstalling everything? If so, can you give specifics as the network person does not know how to do it and neither do I. We're new to CRM and would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks so much You may have a copy in the following folder on the CRM application server: [Drive where CRM was Installed]:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Reports\MSCRM -- MD "J2girl&qu...

I D like to recover my old e mail addresses from net zero
How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the upgrade from outlool express to Windows Mail Hi, Nestor. What does NetZero support say when you ask them? This has NOTHING to do with the upgrade from OE to WM. RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Nestor Lozada" wrote in message news:eMD6rSCULHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... How can i recover my e mail addresses from netzero Ibelieve It has to do with the u...

Inventory
Hi, Does anyone knows if there is a way to know what the inventory was December 31st. 2007??? Thanks Sacha Hi Sacha, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage can give you that information. Basically anything that is entered into RMS, REtail Analytics can report on. If you would like to chat more about the product or if you would like a demonstration (we do demonstrations on client's data - at no cost), please let me know. I can be reached at 701 235 2363 ext and my email address is Jenl@profad.com Thanks! Jen Losch Professional Advantage 701 235 2363 ext 248 "...

SOP Problem Report???
Hi! I am not sure if this is something that was overlooked or this is a bug in the Microsoft Dynamics system. Here is how to recreate the issue: Setup 1. Order Setup (Tools | Setup | Sales | Sales Order Processing) then pull up the Order ID 2. Allow Invoicing of Unfulfilled or Partially Fullfilled Orders should be unmarked Create Sales Order 1. Create a Sales Order 2. Enter a non-inventoried item 3. Enter an inventoried item with stock balance 4. Click on the Purchase Button to create a PO for the non-inventoried item 5. There will be a committed button on the non-inventoried i...