Hide a field in a report

I am building a report using fields that are in tables.  One of the
fields in the report is "Do Not Use".  I want to build an expression
that says if "Do Not Use" is marked "1" in the table, then remove that
line from the report.  If "Do Not Use" is marked "0", keep that line
in the report.  Please help!  Thanks!
0
srkey1

In your query use a calculated field like this --
   Hide_Field: IIF([Do Not Use] = 1, Null, [Do Not Use])
Then in the report set the textbox Can Grow property to Yes and drag the
size of the textbox to a hairline.   If the output is null then it will not
show in the report.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"srkey1@gmail.com" wrote:

> I am building a report using fields that are in tables.  One of the
> fields in the report is "Do Not Use".  I want to build an expression
> that says if "Do Not Use" is marked "1" in the table, then remove that
> line from the report.  If "Do Not Use" is marked "0", keep that line
> in the report.  Please help!  Thanks!

How to create a CustomerID field for custom entities
Hi, The customerid field is used in opportunity and case and it allows you to select an account or contact, Great. I want to create this field in a form for a new entity i have made, but i cant work out how. Please help. Hi Michael, Customer is special composite type which is not available for custom entities in CRM 3. You will need to add two separete lookup fields for account and contact. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan &...

Subform in Datasheet View
Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* show the "button-like" row that shows the field names? -- Thanks, tbl No there isn't. If you create a continuous style form, you can eliminate the headings. You can modify a continuous form so that it looks like a 'datasheet'. -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrote in message news:4gqs13dds31nhu1bsmbrm5tt86adbfea1m@4ax.com... > Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* > show the "button-like" row that shows the field n...

Suggestion field
Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know the exact English word for it, it's hard to find. Thanks. You might want to take a look at IAutoComplete. Here is an interesting article that talks about it a bit. Tom http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0800/c/default.aspx "Woestenburg" <Woestenburg@discussions.micr...

Question On Fields
What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the SIC field and the Industry Code field? To me they seem like a duplication. Thanks! Shauna Hi, According to the Deployment Manager descriptions of attributes: SIC - Standard Industrial Classification code for the Account industrycode - the type of industry with which the account is associated... Hope this helps! "Shauna Koppang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034101c48af4$62524a70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the > SIC field and the...

NDR Report
We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address Again, the emails are sent using Outlook to a listing in our GAL for the Custom Recipient. I have checked the outgoing messages and they do contain a sender address. Any ideas? Thanks. BSchmidt Have you contacted the recipient's admin folk on this? BSchmidt wrote: > We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: > > 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address > > Again, the emails are sent using Out...

Custom Item Movement Report
Anyone out there have a custom item movement report and item movement history report that includes extended description that they would be willing to share? Thanks! -JIM That was a pretty tricky request but I was able to make the change. Download the reports here: http://www.newestech.com/downloads/itemmovement.zip If you cannot download from there shoort me an email and I will send over. Check out our RMS add-ons website in exchange.. http://www.newestech.com/POS/extensions.htm Casey Hanson New West Technologies chanson@newestech.com Hi, Can you do one with "Transferred To"...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Outlook offline reports not available
I have setup most of my CRM 4 users with the Outlook client, which seems to work considerably better than that in CRM 3. However, when the clients are traveling and unable to attach to the Internet, the reports are not available. Is there any way to make the CRM reports available offline. The SQL database is loaded on each of the user PCs and everything else seems to be working just fine. Any assistance will be appreciated. -- Petej-Boston It is working on our end ok. I would try the following: 1. Setup a test client with a CRM Administrator login and install the 4.0 CRM Outlook ...

IWAN & IUSR bei Crystal Reports? *help*
Hi NG, my problem is that i can see the crystal reports, but when i open one i get "more information is needed". But till yesterday i could open reports!! Now after some search i see that i have no IUSR_servane and no IWAM_servername. how could this happen? My system is AD, SQL, CRM and each of them is one a seperate 2003 server. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Regards Nicolas F�hrs sound strange with the IWAN and IUSR. I offten have this problem. There are a techknowledge article with 13 resoluti...

Passing a variable as a parameter value instead of a literal string to a child report?
In the Navigation section (Jump to URL), I have the following: ="javascript:void(window.open('http://localhost/reportserver?/Reports +Folder/My +Report&rs:Command=Render&StartDate=01/01/2009&FinishDate=12/31/2010'))" This works as designed - a new window pops up with the "My Report" report and the StartDate and FinishDate of 01/01/2009 and 12/31/2010 are passed respectively. But what is the syntax for changing the "01/01/2009" and "12/31/2010" to variables that point to the StartDate and FinishDate parameters of the PAR...

Z Report shows zeros for an entire shift
How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed correctly, and all transactions seem to be successful. However, the Z report that is run at the end of the shift prints all zeros? Any ideas??? I am having the same problem. All the transactions are successfull and I can see the sale amounts and etc at crstal reports but all the z, zz and x reports print "$0.00" amount. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? "Maakus" wrote: > How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed > correctly, and all transactions seem t...

Print Report "Bold" Font Category Name Problems
When I print income/expense reports in MS Money 2006 the category names do not print in bold, making them very difficult to read since they end up as the same font as the sub categories. On the screen, category names are bolded. Does anyone know how to fix this print problem? ...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

Formula for date field
1.I have simple dates in one column (say column A) . 2.In the next column(Column B) I would like the date five months after Column A to be displayed.Eg if Column A has an entry of 9th June 2007,Column B should display 8th November,2007. 3.A simple formula does not do the job as this does not take into account the different number of days in different months! regards S.Sanatani Your post is a bit ambiguous since you don't really say how the different number of days in months should be handled. One way: A1: <date> B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+5,DAY(A1)-1) In articl...

OAB field size limitations
Hi, we've noticed several user display names getting cut off within the offline address book. There appears to be a limit of 64 characters. If I look at the corresponding user entry in the "live" address book it displays correctly. If I search for the user in my copy of the offline address book it is cut off at the 64 character mark. Does anyone know if this is indeed a limitation of the OAB? I can't seem to find much about this anywhere. OAB property filtering for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 OAB Version 4 - http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/04/29/586827.asp...

hide header on first page
how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Hi not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try recording a macro while doing this manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:32DF8BC3-0672-4B0B-BCA6-F9B404DFFC30@microsoft.com... > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page? Try this karin Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET....

How can I parse or Loop a list based on single field to Googlemaps
This is some code that will parse each sequential field [Point_#) into a list for googlemaps. [Form_Runs].WebRouteMap.navigate "http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=" & "from: " & Me.Point_1 & (" to: " + Me.Point_2) & (" to: " + Me.Point_3) The table/form is laid outlike this: [Route_No] [Point_1] [Point_2] [Point_2] 5 North St, N1 East St, N3 High Road, W6 And the code will give this style of parsed list: from: North St, N1 to: East St, N3 to: High Road, W6 That works just ...

Reporting Services not installed
Hi all, I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, display it and then hit print I get an popup box saying.... "Do you want to install this software? Name: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services" Can anyone help please Thanks Jools There's an ActiveX control each client machine needs in order to print SQL Reports from CRM. It's a one-time 5-second install. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jools" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, ...

MVP PLESE; Report Manager
I did all required in installation and when the Report Manager comes up I get no options either under "view or scenario", All I see is "none". No selection in the drop down for any of the 6 out of 20 columns I want to print. Is my Report Manager corrupted? I just d/l it today from the MS site. Running Excel 2002. It's so easy in MS Works. ...

Reporting in POS2009
I have installed pos2009 on XP machine and unable to get the standard reports that are included in the product to function properly. For example on the main screen of the managers view it shows me daily sales / top items / sales per cashier / etc. When I go into reports to look at the report for daily sales it comes up totally blank - indicating no data to report. I have checked to make sure there are no filters applied. All the reports behave the same way. Otherwise pos2009 appears to be functioning normally. Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. EggHeadCafe - Software ...

Show / hide design grid
For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created disappears. I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in question is based but the actual design grid has gone. The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top; across to the right one more step\; etc etc) I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot find any reference to it on Google either. I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see...

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

"Error on page" and error report on entity close
Greetings, We have CRM 4.0 rollup 6 implemented from a CRM 3.0 upgrade about a month ago. Recently, my users have been reporting an error report being generated when they try to close (or save & close) any entity they have open. The entity is closed (or saved and closed), and I have asked them not to send the error report, but of course this needs to be resolved. I have noticed that once the record is open, "error on page" will appear in the bottom left of the dialog if you will receive the error report dialog, which doesn't happen every time. Also, if I do an IIS...

CRM Crystal Reports Uniqueidentifier
Dear all, I have been customising the paramaterise reports for MS CRM so that site managers can view their child users reports... but I hit the wall as we speak because I cannot get Crystal Reports to query the database with the other users' uniqueidentifier GUID... If I put in the currently logged in user GUID into the report for querying, it seemed to work... other than that it does not... >From the Opportunity List by Account (Specify Owner...) report from Microsoft, I changed the Selection Formula under the Account from (account.ownerid) = (?UserId) to (account.ownerid) = (?Chi...