Help needed creating a more compact report

In Microsoft Access 2000, I have a multi-column report that currently prints
like this:

Abel St
Agate St
   200
   319 Apt 15
   319 Apt 208

I want to create a report that prints in a much more compact format, like
this:
Abel St:  1705, 1719
Agate St:   200, 319 (#15, #208), 405

What do I need to do?  And if this question has been answered before, what
would I search on to find the answer?  I looked around but couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Anders Schneiderman

Anders_S

Anders_S via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>In Microsoft Access 2000, I have a multi-column report that currently prints
>like this:
>
>Abel St
>   1705
>   1719
>Agate St
>   200
>   319 Apt 15
>   319 Apt 208
>   405
>..
>
>I want to create a report that prints in a much more compact format, like
>this:
>Abel St:  1705, 1719
>Agate St:   200, 319 (#15, #208), 405

You need to use a finction like:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Generic%20Function%20To%20Concatenate%20Child%20Records'
to construct the number list.

Assuming all the data is in one table, the report's record
source query could look like:

SELECT street, Concatenate("Select number From table Where
street = """ & Street &"""")
FROM table
GROUP BY street

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

In addition to combining house numbers
Agate St:  200, 319, 405

I also want to combine apartment numbers:
Agate St:   200, 319 (#15, #208), 405

I can't figure out how to do that using the function.  Given that I'm nesting
twice -- GROUPing both by street number and apartment unmber -- do I need to
switch to using VBA to write the report?  If so, where can I find an example
of something similar?  If I don't need to, how do I pull this off?

Thanks,
Anders

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>In Microsoft Access 2000, I have a multi-column report that currently prints
>>like this:
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>Abel St:  1705, 1719
>>Agate St:   200, 319 (#15, #208), 405
>
>You need to use a finction like:
>http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Generic%20Function%20To%20Concatenate%20Child%20Records'
>to construct the number list.
>
>Assuming all the data is in one table, the report's record
>source query could look like:
>
>SELECT street, Concatenate("Select number From table Where
>street = """ & Street &"""")
>FROM table
>GROUP BY street

Anders_S

How to create a partition on an external USB drive?
Toshiba Tablet XP Home/Student with plenty of memory. I have the program DriveImage XML. At one point it says to create a partition somewhere for the image it's going to create. I have a 40G external plug and play HD. I'd like to create a partition on it without disturbing other files and folders I have on it. There's plenty of free space. Various resources say use XP Disk Management to create that partition. So when I go there it appears as they say but when they say click on the free space choose the selection "Create new partiton." I have right clicked ...

user created shapes non printing
I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed before. When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing. Can I change this behavior? How are you creating the new shape? Also are you using layers in your document? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ec427f7.0409231005.576...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

Formula Help (to many expresions)
Could one of you give me a hand with this... I'm trying to put a formula in a spreadsheet that has too many expressions in it. I understand there is a limit to the number of equations that can be in a formula but there must be a way around the cap. Or maybe another way to write the formula? What I am trying to say in the formula is that if... If X is less than 09 then B1 = what's in cell C2 If X is less than 25 then B1 = what's in cell C3 If X is less than 51 then B1 = what's in cell C4 The expression I have written looks like this... =IF(X<10,"N/A",IF(X<...

CRM / SQL Reporting Co-Exist
We are trying to run Microsoft CRM and SQL Server Reporting on the same server. We have experiemented with several approaches but with no luck. Either SQL Server Reporting's Report Manager will not run with an error that session state in disenabled in ASP.Net or I get an error that there is a problem with the assembly Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Types. Does anyone know where I could find a document on how to make CRM and SQL Reporting co-exist on the same or server. It must be possible since many people run Small Business Server 2000 or 2003. Regards, George Vessels ...

Vendor summary report
Hi, This is my first post here. I am trying to generate a report in GP V8.0 that will allow me to identify local vendors (by zip?) and provide a summary total of how much we have purchased from them during different time periods. Thanks in advance for any help. -- rod Have you tried to create a smartlist under payables transactions? You can then export to excel and sort and subtotal any way you like. "mercfinance" wrote: > Hi, This is my first post here. I am trying to generate a report in GP V8.0 > that will allow me to identify local vendors (by zip?) and provid...

"All users" "Programs" create/modify shortcut from app...
Hi all, I've created two shortcuts into "Programs" folder for "All Users" It lets me to get them available for all user. The problem: Application running in "User" context needs to delete and re-create such links but it fails due to an "access denied" ... Settings correct permission to such links it starts working as well I've created links using the IShellLink/IPersistFile sehll interfaces. So, I actually need to have link under "programs" for "All Users" which might be modified by application running in "Users"...

Can I see the summary report of each resouce's booking status ?
Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. Is there any method to view the summary report ? for example, a summary report show which meeting room booked by which one for what agenda. I have tried to use public folder with email address, but can't register by AutoAcceptAgent. Any one has any idea of such request ? Pls help soon. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:14:02 -0700, Enid <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. >Is there any method to view the summary repor...

How to create a connection point in Excel
When I group autoshapes the group itself does not have connection points. A connector connects to one of the grouped shapes instead. So, the connector beginconnecedshape (or endconnectedshape) property contains the name of the contained shape and not the name of the group. Is there a way to create connection points for a group? Alternatively, is it possible to change a group into a single shape with connection points? ...

mscvr71.dll help
How do I make my VS.net 2003 software not depend on msvcr71.dll? Thanks. Use static linking. I don't know where to set the option in VS7, but it used to be under Code Generation where you selected the desired C runtime library to use. In VS6 we had a choice between a dynamically-linked runtime and a statically-linked runtime. I've not had to make this choice under VS7 so I'm not sure where, in their overly-clever and completely gratuitous reimplementation of the user interface, this has been hidden. joe On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:24:56 GMT, anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote: &g...

Help with ShowFilter Macro
I'm trying to use this ShowFilter UDF written by Tom Ogilvy (see bottom of post). It says to use... =showfilter(B2)&CHAR(SUBTOTAL(9,B3)*0+32) ....in a cell to show the criteria for Column B. For one thing, I don't understand the cells B2 and B3 business. What is supposed to be in those cells? I would like this function to appear in the cell directly above or below the Autofilter menu cell. How do I change the function if the Autofilter criteria menu is in, cell A3, for example, and I want the criteria (this function) to appear just above, in cell A2? After trying all so...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Createing Quote sometimes make Error: 80070057
Hello NG, Today I found some funny problems. I create Quotes via the quote WebService from the CRM. This normally works fine, but now I have some quotes, which will get me an error, when I open it. This error is no normal error, I will get an white/yellow Page with ASPX Errorpage: Here the Message (sorry but I only have this error in German): Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Falscher Parameter. Beschreibung: Beim Ausf�hren der aktuellen Webanforderung ist ein unverarbeiteter Fehler aufgetret...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

reported error (0x80070057)
When I try to send an email to several addresses using Outlook 2003, I get the error: Task 'xxx - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I see no apparent problem with the addresses. Please tell me in simple English (well, as simple as possible) how to solve this problem. I am not an expert user. Thank you. What type of mail account is this? Exchange, POP3, IMAP? "lemonscented" <lemonscented@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC994AB1-B72B-4...

looking for cash drop and paid out reports
Does anyone have a report on these transactions that can be selected by date? Any help would be appreciated. Larry ...

Creating Control Grid
Hi all, I would like to know as to how I should go about creating a control grid of my very own. I just need a bit of push (suggestions). Thanks In Advance Where are you getting stuck? Of course, if the grid isn't too large and most of the cells will have data, then you could simply use a two-dimensional array. For larger grids that will be sparsley populated, there are a couple of algorithms to consider. A simple one is to create a one-dimensional array that represents the rows (or columns), and have each item contain or reference a linked list for all items in that row (complete...

SmartList Restrictions help
I built a SmartList that is based on the Year-to-Date Transaction Open file, and has the Account Master linked to it. I want to restrict it to accounts that begin with 36, 38, or 2504. I tried adding a restriction that says "Account Number:Account_Segment_Pool1 begins with 36 OR 38 OR 2504", but I got no results when I did it that way. I also set up 3 separate restrictions, but that didn't work either. Is this possible? I can't find much information about how to write restrictions in SL Builder. ...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

help plz
my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? What account and what does this have to do with Outlook? "heather" <tracyliepke@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:066001c36c53$bb68d180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? ...

Help with queries
Hi Guys, This is the first time after school that I am trying to use ms access at work and i need ur help in creating a query. Any help will be highly appreciated!! Here is what I need... I have relatively small ms acces database with about 1000 I have 3 colums date ipaddress sitename 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 33.4.4.4 B 12/09 33.4.4.55 C What i need is if an ipadress is recorded more t...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Plugins, more info needed
Hi, We are looking at adding plugins to our app, but i am not sure what the best way of doing would it be. Does anybody know where i could find some example of project with their plug-ins. Preferably some code to play around with would be great. How would my app load those plugins? would they all be Dll's that load at runtime? We want to offer an SDK eventually allowing users to create their own plugins, so we want to do it properly to ensure that it is as flexible as possible. Many thanks. Sims. Hi, Typically, you have developers create a dll your app will load that exports cert...