Help me send an email with just one record from a report

PLZ Somebody help me with email just one record...

Here is what I currently have

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "RptArSheet", "Snap", "", "", "", "", "",
False, ""

It send the whole report when I just want the current record of the report....
but i dont know how to do that plz help

Thanks
Mike

mjquinon

You need to filter the report in some way so that the report only contains
one record. You can either use a query for the recordsource of the report
and set criteria for the query to return one record or you can set a filter
in the report's properties.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"mjquinon via AccessMonster.com" <u34906@uwe> wrote in message
> PLZ Somebody help me with email just one record...
>
> Here is what I currently have
>
> DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "RptArSheet", "Snap", "", "", "", "", "",
> False, ""
>
> It send the whole report when I just want the current record of the
> report....
> but i dont know how to do that plz help
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Steve
6/22/2007 7:48:27 PM
Ok, here is my set up... They input the data into a form. When everything is
all good and dandy they click a Save button. This saves prints and emails. It
prints the form fine.. I use an openform comand to do that.

Now the reason I have it email a report is because I cant send a snapshot
through form.

So now How do I add a fliter.... Should i do if Time and Date of record is
something then email

Steve wrote:
>You need to filter the report in some way so that the report only contains
>one record. You can either use a query for the recordsource of the report
>and set criteria for the query to return one record or you can set a filter
>in the report's properties.
>
>PC Datasheet
>Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>Applications
>resource@pcdatasheet.com
>
>> PLZ Somebody help me with email just one record...
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>> Thanks
>> Mike

mjquinon
6/22/2007 8:28:45 PM
"Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> schreef in bericht =
> You need to filter the report in some way so that the report only =
contains=20
> one record. You can either use a query for the recordsource of the =
report=20
> and set criteria for the query to return one record or you can set a =
filter=20
> in the report's properties.
>=20
> PC Datasheet
> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
> Applications
> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>=20

--=20
You are *not* a resource at all !!
Stop advertising here, or get lost for another year or so...=20
http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html=20
(only this friday: 22 new visitors, 57 pageloads)

ArnoR
0
StopThisAdvertising
6/22/2007 10:21:08 PM
If you have Time and Date fields in your table, that's perfect!

Crate a query based on your table for the recordsource of your report. Make
the date field come before the Time field. Put the following in the criteria
of the Date field:
Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourDateFieldOnTheForm
Put the following in the criteria of the Time field:
Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourTimeFieldOnTheForm

In your code in the click event of the Save button, do the following in
sequence:
Save the record
Open the report
Print the report
Email the report

You should print reports, not forms!

> Ok, here is my set up... They input the data into a form. When everything
> is
> all good and dandy they click a Save button. This saves prints and emails.
> It
> prints the form fine.. I use an openform comand to do that.
>
> Now the reason I have it email a report is because I cant send a snapshot
> through form.
>
> So now How do I add a fliter.... Should i do if Time and Date of record is
> something then email
>
> Steve wrote:
>>You need to filter the report in some way so that the report only contains
>>one record. You can either use a query for the recordsource of the report
>>and set criteria for the query to return one record or you can set a
>>filter
>>in the report's properties.
>>
>>PC Datasheet
>>Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>>Applications
>>resource@pcdatasheet.com
>>
>>> PLZ Somebody help me with email just one record...
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>> Thanks
>>> Mike

Steve
6/23/2007 12:13:33 AM
Thanks for all the help your giving me show far.

I put in what you told me and i am getting a message box that says enter
parameter Value when I try to run the query.

So when I go to print my report I get an blank page.

My form is called AR Sheet
My Date field is Date
My Time field is Time

My Report is RptArSheet

What I am thinking is that the time field is recording when you open the form
so by the time you go to send it its a different time so it sends a blank
page. What do you think?

Thanks again

Steve wrote:
>If you have Time and Date fields in your table, that's perfect!
>
>Crate a query based on your table for the recordsource of your report. Make
>the date field come before the Time field. Put the following in the criteria
>of the Date field:
>Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourDateFieldOnTheForm
>Put the following in the criteria of the Time field:
>Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourTimeFieldOnTheForm
>
>In your code in the click event of the Save button, do the following in
>sequence:
>Save the record
>Open the report
>Print the report
>Email the report
>
>You should print reports, not forms!
>
>PC Datasheet
>Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>Applications
>resource@pcdatasheet.com
>
>> Ok, here is my set up... They input the data into a form. When everything
>> is
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]

mjquinon
6/25/2007 12:12:10 PM
ok so instesd of creating a criteria for time and Date i did it for the AR
Number and it works like a charm.(SO Far)

Thanks for your help

Steve wrote:
>If you have Time and Date fields in your table, that's perfect!
>
>Crate a query based on your table for the recordsource of your report. Make
>the date field come before the Time field. Put the following in the criteria
>of the Date field:
>Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourDateFieldOnTheForm
>Put the following in the criteria of the Time field:
>Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourTimeFieldOnTheForm
>
>In your code in the click event of the Save button, do the following in
>sequence:
>Save the record
>Open the report
>Print the report
>Email the report
>
>You should print reports, not forms!
>
>PC Datasheet
>Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>Applications
>resource@pcdatasheet.com
>
>> Ok, here is my set up... They input the data into a form. When everything
>> is
>[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]

mjquinon

Need some advanced help on this one!
Hi guys, I found a sample Access program that takes data from its database to generate an EDI EDIFACT ORDERS file (OrdersS93a.edi). Here is the code: Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim oEdiDoc As Fredi.ediDocument Dim oSchema As Fredi.ediSchema Dim oInterchange As Fredi.ediInterchange Dim oGroup As Fredi.ediGroup Dim oTransactionset As Fredi.ediTransactionSet Dim oSegment As Fredi.ediDataSegment Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection Dim oRsInterchange As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsGroup As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsTransactionSet As ADODB.Reco...

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

invalid email address

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

New Record

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

Please help #8

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

Cannot Delete Any Records
We're running CRM 3 Rollup v3 and we have recently found that we cannot delete any records in CRM. We recently migrated over to a Windows 2003 Enterprise install running SQL 2000 Enterprise. Everything else is working without issue for us. For example I am a Sys Admin, and I receive a generic SQL Server error when going to delete an activity? I know that in the past this was possible, any thoughts? Sean; sounds like something went wrong with your migration. you can run a CRM trace or a SQL Profiler trace while performing the deletion to see if you can pin-point the error. Dave Ire...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook