Guys i need your help

I dont seem to find the way how i can do this report which i really need .
I need to have a report that can print only 3 records , this i was able to
achieve but the issue is that i need the report to be able to print either 3
consecutive records where i specify the first record and the others be
consecutive or else ( this i also need) be able to chose the 3 different
records .

Guys i hope i gave a good explanation

Thank you

--
Access For Fun

See if this example helps:

http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=48&Number=1028860&Zf=f48&Zw=batch&Zg=0&Zl=a&Main=1028860&Search=true&where=&Zu=33347&Zd=l&Zn=&Zt=1&Zs=b&Zy=#Post1028860&Zp
=

--
Boyd Trimmell
aka HiTechCoach

Boyd
12/17/2007 7:41:22 AM
Thanks Boyd for your suggestion, I will have to go through it ,
but it seems it is not what i am after , what i need is a report
that prints 3 specific records on the same printout .

In the meantime i was thinkin that infact i need to bluid a Query that
asks me to input the Records i need , but i have not yet come up with
the expression i have to input in the criteria . Am i on the right
track guys ??

Thank you

--
Access For Fun

"Anton" <Anton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Boyd for your suggestion, I will have to go through it ,
> but it seems it is not what i am after , what i need is a report
> that prints 3 specific records on the same printout .
>
> In the meantime i was thinkin that infact i need to bluid a Query that
> asks me to input the Records i need , but i have not yet come up with
> the expression i have to input in the criteria . Am i on the right
> track guys ??

I think you are "on the right track," but don't understand the specifics of
what you are thinking of doing well enough to know if you are "nearly
there".

I would create a Form with the two options you describe, and provide the
user a Control into which to enter, or better yet, from which to choose a
value of the Field that determines the Records you want.  If you want three
specific Fields, then you'll need three specific Controls (I'd probably use
a ComboBox with Limit to List, or a List Box) so the user can choose values,
then use VBA code to construct an SQL statement to be used as the Report's
Record Source.

As to 'three consecutive records', you need to define what you mean.
Records in a relational table are, by definition, unordered.  So you need to
determine in Advance the Field on which you want the data ordered... then
provide one control for the user to enter or choose the value of the first,
then use VBA code to construct a TOP 3 SQL Statement to use as the Report's
RecordSource, with a WHERE condition. Just remember that grouping and
ordering in reports is controlled by the Report's Sorting and Grouping
Properties, not by the order of the records in the input query.

I hope, however, that applying the Sorting and Grouping occurs after the
Query sort order is used to select the appropriate records.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry