groups detail section totals access 2003

Hi all,

I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet.  I have what
basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail
rows.  I want to total these rows in the report and display
immediately below the detail section.  I don't really want to group
anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group.

That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I
can add my total columns.  If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts
grouping things and that is not what I want.

I don't want to use the "page footer" because that would be at the
bottom of the page.  this needs to follow the detail section.  So
bottom line is I need a group footer, but only by using the entire
detail section as a group.

This report will never go across a page, so that is not an issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Mark

0
marfi95

Could you place the text box to show the total in the Report Footer section?

"marfi95" <marfi95@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet.  I have what
> basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail
> rows.  I want to total these rows in the report and display
> immediately below the detail section.  I don't really want to group
> anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group.
>
> That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I
> can add my total columns.  If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts
> grouping things and that is not what I want.
>
> I don't want to use the "page footer" because that would be at the
> bottom of the page.  this needs to follow the detail section.  So
> bottom line is I need a group footer, but only by using the entire
> detail section as a group.
>
> This report will never go across a page, so that is not an issue.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks !
> Mark

0
Allen
3/26/2007 2:08:25 AM
On Mar 25, 9:08 pm, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:
> Could you place the text box to show the total in the Report Footer section?

> Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>
> "marfi95" <marf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Hi all,
>
> > I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet.  I have what
> > basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail
> > rows.  I want to total these rows in the report and display
> > immediately below the detail section.  I don't really want to group
> > anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group.
>
> > That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I
> > can add my total columns.  If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts
> > grouping things and that is not what I want.
>
> > I don't want to use the "page footer" because that would be at the
> > bottom of the page.  this needs to follow the detail section.  So
> > bottom line is I need a group footer, but only by using the entire
> > detail section as a group.
>
> > This report will never go across a page, so that is not an issue.
>
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> > Thanks !
> > Mark- Hide quoted text -

I will try that.  I just figured, based on the designer, it would be
after the page footer, but thinking about that, that wouldn't really
make any sense.

Thanks for the help !

0
marfi95
3/26/2007 3:09:41 AM
On Mar 25, 10:09 pm, "marfi95" <marf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 25, 9:08 pm, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:
>

> > Could you place the text box to show the total in the Report Footer section?
>
> > --
> > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> > Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> > "marfi95" <marf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi all,
>
> > > I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet.  I have what
> > > basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail
> > > rows.  I want to total these rows in the report and display
> > > immediately below the detail section.  I don't really want to group
> > > anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group.
>
> > > That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I
> > > can add my total columns.  If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts
> > > grouping things and that is not what I want.
>
> > > I don't want to use the "page footer" because that would be at the
> > > bottom of the page.  this needs to follow the detail section.  So
> > > bottom line is I need a group footer, but only by using the entire
> > > detail section as a group.
>
> > > This report will never go across a page, so that is not an issue.
>
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> > > Thanks !
> > > Mark- Hide quoted text -

> I will try that.  I just figured, based on the designer, it would be
> after the page footer, but thinking about that, that wouldn't really
> make any sense.
>
> Thanks for the help !- Hide quoted text -

That worked.  Thanks again !

0
marfi95

Outlook 2003 News

open two different Access reports

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

LDAP Write access?

Calculating totals
I have two columns on a worksheet: "Project Codes" and "Totals." I would like to have columns on another worksheet that will automatically total up the different project numbers "A,B,C,etc." How do I do that? Thanks in advance for your help, Technically Handicapped Enter a *unique* list of your "Project Codes", starting in A2 of Sheet2. In B2, enter this formula: =SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A2,Sheet1!B:B) And copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the G...

Excel 2003